PDA

View Full Version : Two scaling questions

Tsort
04-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I've done Sutro Tower by myself (EGO 2000+) at TL1. Shouldn't my EGO up the minimum TL at some point, even if I'm solo?

Then I've done horeshoe bay at a higher threat level. Only two other characters, and formidable/hardened raiders everywhere (BTW, hurray for the inconsistency in difficulty there, from one-shotting DM mercenaries to getting crushed by formidable and hardened raiders 2mn later). I though I had more back-up but I realized half of the purple dots on the mini-map were NPC dockers that were freed and ran to the shore. So could it be that NPCs counting as PCs for scaling purposes? I'd noticed on the PTS that Parraba in his farm is also a purple dot, which is a. distracting and b. maybe causing TL to go up!?

Hopeisdead
04-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Not sure if it was fixed already but someone mentioned that even decoy counts as additional player for threat level scaling, so it is indeed possible.

As for solo scaling, not entirely sure. Mine is threat 2-7 depends on which area of map i am.

Tsort
04-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I've mentioned the decoy problem on the PTS, indeed. Problem is right now it's hard to tell decoy-like bugs from the high EGO coming and going without TL getting back down.

What is your current EGO? I was TL1 in San Fran there, so I guess if there is an area-based difference, SF should be the hardest. Doesn't look like there is one.

Hopeisdead
04-22-2014, 07:10 PM
currently 4600 +/-