PDA

View Full Version : anyone know why the servers are down again?

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:30 PM
im sure someone knows somewhere so please answer if you are able.

mcwjimbo
04-02-2013, 10:33 PM
probably fixing stuff

quite common for MMOs especially on day 1. it might be a while before they get to the prescheduled servers down a few hours once a week thing like all post post day 1 MMOs

RelativeBlue
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Just your average launch shtako. It's been good so far!

Myst
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Okay so they are finally down? They said they were going to take them down 30 minutes ago ( or maybe it was longer than that? ) stating they were going to do some maintenance.

/drums fingers waiting/

MMandevil
04-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Server Update: April 2nd 10:45pm - Xbox, PC and PS3

We will be starting server updates on all platforms beginning at 10:45pm PT.

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 10:45pm PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
- Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
- Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
- Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
- Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
- Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
- Detonator Tuning
- Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
- Server and client crash fixes

People need to learn to look...

mcwjimbo
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Just your average launch shtako. It's been good so far!

^ yes! have been through many mmo day 1s and this has been far the smoothest

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
it was posted after i posted it

n1ghtst0rm27
04-02-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm glad things are going so well, especially on launch day.

Myst
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM

Server Downtime:

Patch Notes:
- Detonator Tuning

Never knew you could get stuck in the tutorial anyway ammo caches!!

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
well this is my first mmo like game so i could complain how a lot of things could be better but im assuming this is actually really good for day one.

mcwjimbo
04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
well this is my first mmo like game so i could complain how a lot of things could be better but im assuming this is actually really good for day one.

welcome to the MMO gaming world
Yes, this is a very smooth in comparison to other MMOs, day 1

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
well i hope they fix the low damage on bolt action snipers and make pvp alot more smooth in the future

Dixa
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
well i hope they fix the low damage on bolt action snipers and make pvp alot more smooth in the future

you and i are not playing the same game

LunaticFate
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Also they're bringing down the servers for an hour or so at 2245 PDT. Updates and what not.

ShadowViper
04-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Wish they would give us an on screen warning in the HUD everytime they do this. Me getting disconnected for no reason then having to come here to find out why is rather lame.... especially when I was killing Nim. I was like.... WTF?! lol

xXChromeGhostXx
04-02-2013, 10:50 PM
I wanna know why they are making it hard to farm items, i don't want to, nor have the time much like on Borderlands 2, to sit and farm for a gun for hours on end, yeah this is fun YAY one boss at a time haha i'm really not having fun this way.... So why fix something like that? fix the voice chats and group joining/inviting problems

lued700
04-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Noting like spending over and hour on a big mission and having servers go down. I was 1 min away from finishing it to. :mad:

Flagwaver
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I just went out (finally dragged myself away from the comp) and came back after three cups of the most gods-awful coffee imaginable... now I am wired and in a house with my sleeping wife and no game to play...

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
they kept giving me a notice that the server was going to go down? and yeah i got a blue bolt action sniper and i cant kill any normal foot soldiers in on head shot it takes three :( bunch of shtako

Valethar
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
im sure someone knows somewhere so please answer if you are able.

They tweeted it's down for an update.

Also, the Executive Director posted somewhere that during the first few days we should expect to see frequent downtimes to address things that cannot be done while the server is live. It's not unusual or unexpected in a new release.

TRAP
Wish they would give us an on screen warning in the HUD everytime they do this. Me getting disconnected for no reason then having to come here to find out why is rather lame.... especially when I was killing Nim. I was like.... WTF?! lol

They actually do though....It's in the chat box on the bottom right of you're screen. Seen it 2x tonight.

Tr3nch
You dont have to ask if you just check the server status thread.

Vetis
I got a warning on my screen that said "Servers will be down in 3 minutes for an update" in big yellow wording.

lued700
They should have it so you can save your mission. Plus buying bits really is crap too. This game is not going to make it

Nmalthus
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
It's not bad for day 1. People will whine and complain anyway.

mcwjimbo
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
well rift does give a warning and to get somewhere safe in 15 minutes or some such but those are pre-planned shut downs to fix stuff while day 1 is usually fly by the seat of their pants. In the future there will be warnings

take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy

Valethar
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
they kept giving me a notice that the server was going to go down? and yeah i got a blue bolt action sniper and i cant kill any normal foot soldiers in on head shot it takes three :( bunch of shtako

The hit boxes are very small, because it's what they call a 'pixel perfect' shooter. Try aiming around the neck instead of directly at the face. You'll find that you score more one shot kills on non shielded 'normal' enemies, and can even take the shield completely off of a Blacklung on a crit with one shot. Aiming a little lower seems to help compensate for mouse/controller drift as you hit the button, which can easily move you off target.

mr2bitz
i got a warning every 15 minutes. did no one else get thees?

Liuni
Personally I'm quite happy that Trion is fixing things so quickly. I've been in MMOs where they wait or deny for way too long before fixing the issue. "No its your hardware, no its your connection that caused the glitch" ect. For a day1 game I'm happy other than some of the lag issues, but until they tweak the servers over a week or two those will continue to be just because everyone is on the same shard.

ShadowViper
They actually do though....It's in the chat box on the bottom right of you're screen. Seen it 2x tonight.

LOL - I don't even notice the chat. Nor do I look at it. It's so small and awkwardly placed that I dont even notice it. Hence why I would love a message in the middle of the HUD when it does system announcements / warnings.

Nmalthus
well rift does give a warning and to get somewhere safe in 15 minutes or some such but those are pre-planned shut downs to fix stuff while day 1 is usually fly by the seat of their pants. In the future there will warnings

There was a warning, just not a very long one. I saw it at 3mins though also saw the notice saying they pushed the downtime back an hour so knew it was coming anyway.

JohnnyInk
04-02-2013, 10:55 PM

They do, it pops up in the bottom left hand chat box, I always notice it..

StingWraith
04-02-2013, 10:55 PM
^ yes! have been through many mmo day 1s and this has been far the smoothest

I have to agree. This has been with out a doubt the smoothest launch I have seen. I just wish they would throw out a notice that the servers are coming down in game. It's not so much for my sake as I have zero issue finding things on these forums, but for other people that may not have read or checked the forums for a while.

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
dude its in bright yellow and enlarged every time you open your hud. are you blind or somthing?

StingWraith
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM

Disregard my last then lol. In the chat box is one thing but an onscreen message would be awesome.

ShadowViper
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Again - I don't even notice chat half the time when I'm fighting things. It's the furthest thing from my mind, " Hey let me check my chat box while I'm killing things". Again - it needs to be in the top center of the screen.

MMandevil
The hit boxes are very small, because it's what they call a 'pixel perfect' shooter. Try aiming around the neck instead of directly at the face. You'll find that you score more one shot kills on non shielded 'normal' enemies, and can even take the shield completely off of a Blacklung on a crit with one shot. Aiming a little lower seems to help compensate for mouse/controller drift as you hit the button, which can easily move you off target.

I aim more towards the forehead area myself.

Schwa
I'd love an automated warning at 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, and 1 minute.

Kyse
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
first thing I saw was Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls and it made me happy lol

ArchAngel
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM

Never seen this once personally. being a shooter my attention isnt on the chat box unless im stood still. Notices like that need to be up in the middle of the screen and noticeable where you will see them no matter what you are doing.

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
it stays there for like ever. do you never check your hud?

ShadowViper
04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
I never look at chat - why would I when I'm focused on killing things. I have no reason to check chat unless I'm doing group missions. Its the furthest thing from my mind when I play.

ShadowViper
04-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Never seen this once personally. being a shooter my attention isnt on the chat box unless im stood still. Notices like that need to be up in the middle of the screen and noticeable where you will see them no matter what you are doing.

./agree

I never look at it unless I'm in a safe stop / player hub.

FSHenn
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?15717-Error-The-Defiance-service-is-not-available.-Please-try-again-later

Arsenic_Touch
People need to realize that on the PC, the chat box does not show up unless you hit enter, so you are not going to see the message unless you are actually using the chat window. It's a terrible feature and they said they're addressing it. I just hope they don't make it so system messages flash on the screen and leave the horrible tiny chat window the way it is.

Kela
04-02-2013, 11:03 PM
you and i are not playing the same game

I would have to agree with you there Dixa, I can't count the number of one shots I am getting with my Bolt Action.

The trick with all weopons is enemies have weak spots...like the Unarmored Head on most standard mobs, or the glowing bit on hellbugs, shoot that and you do far more damage, also the closer you get the less damage you tend to do...lastly be sure to pick EGO Boosts that tend to compiment snipers like the Crouch Crit Boost and the Hight above target Damage Boost off of the Cloak power.

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 11:04 PM
i like to focus on combat but i have ADD so flashing message on screen = ohhh shiny + me dead!

JBo796
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Looks like they are down again. :-( maybe this should be my cue to go to bed for the night.

DragonVsKira
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
what does the color on the item mean?

JBo796
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Huh? The color of what item?

Arsenic_Touch
04-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Rarity. White is common, green is uncommon, blue is rare, purple is epic, orange is legendary.

Each rarity allows more bonuses stats/mod slots, et cetera.

Glytch
04-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Server Downtime:

Patch Notes:
- Detonator Tuning

dded Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls? Really? They make a challenging game, with challenging Arkfalls, then, because some people don't know how the events work. Because some people just fire endlessly at the thick armor and cannot learn how the game works, the dev's dumb it down..

There are skills that give you ammo when you crit, extra ammo on kills, and all kinds of crap. But what's the point if there is going to be an ammo box around ever bend? Why are they catering to people who refuse to learn the game and simply want to "spray and pray"?

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 11:11 PM
someone please confirm that the legendary orange weapon exists

Arsenic_Touch
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM

There are orange weapons, they just don't appear to be legendary in the sense that everyone is used to.

Kela
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM

If it is flagged correctly the color represents the quilty of the item light blue color you see on the items you start with are the lowest quality, the green ones are better quality, but that doesn't mean they should replace your current iteam if the new iteam changes the way you play greatly or it is a differant type of item.

For example a Blot Action Sniper does a ton of damage, but you have to take your eyes off target after each shot, a Semi-Auto Sniper does far less damage but you never have to take your eyes off target and the recoil is much less.

Derity
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I found one in a Tier 4 Lockbox.

Too bad it was an Infector. :/

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 11:16 PM
ok so can someone explain why anyone would try for a legendary? and how i can get keycodes the fastest?

Valethar
04-02-2013, 11:18 PM
If it is flagged correctly the color represents the quilty of the item light blue color you see on the items you start with are the lowest quality, the green ones are better quality,

You have that backwards. Just look at the Scrip or Salvage values for them. Blue items are worth more in both cases.

Rarity is: White - Green - Blue - Purple - Orange

The higher the rarity, the more likely it will have extra features, though it's not uncommon to have a blue item not be quite as good as a green one, depending on what bonuses you get.

Arsenic_Touch
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
ok so can someone explain why anyone would try for a legendary? and how i can get keycodes the fastest?

You don't try for one. There's no specific location for them and there's no unique boss weapons (kind of lame)
Just a random drop. If you want keycodes, do arkfalls.

Liuni
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I found one in a Tier 4 Lockbox.

Too bad it was an Infector. :/

Infectors are amazing, shoot, runaway, Win.exe

TRAP
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I'd love an automated warning at 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, and 1 minute.

Seriously this happened too but it was our servers will be down in 30mins then they cameback and said were postponed for 1hr then they came back again and said 20mins then 12mins then 3mins LOL

Valethar
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM

Legendary items are the best in class, and generally will have more bonuses than any of the other rarities.

Keycodes can be obtained from a variety of sources. Various one time missions, the random roadside spawned events, and the static repeatable missions such as you'd find at the farms and docks, as well as Major Arkfalls.

Probably the fastest way to get them would be to do as many of the roadside missions as you can find. Bear in mind that 'roadside' in this case is something of a loosely used term, because they can also be found out in fields and on hills which are not directly on the road itself.

There's no list of which ones give keys as yet, but I imagine over time someone will start compiling these, and we'll see them on the Wiki and in other places.

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 11:23 PM
haha i had no clue this thread would pick up this quick lol so does anyone know how to get a different challenger? (i only got red)

Valethar
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Infectors are amazing, shoot, runaway, Win.exe

The Sporeshot from Gamestop is turning out better than I expected. I was able to stomp the crap out of a couple of those crazy Goldrusher 99ers that regen their shields and then bum rush you.

Valethar
04-02-2013, 11:26 PM
haha i had no clue this thread would pick up this quick lol so does anyone know how to get a different challenger? (i only got red)

There's an orange one northwest of Muir Processing, but you have to clear a spawn to get to the vendor. It's around 15k scrip for that one. You can also find them on vendors as random hourly specials. There's a black one available only by completing a specific vehicle related Pursuit. There may be more as well, but those are the ones I can recall right off the top of my head.

mr2bitz
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
ok i just have to post that i farted and in is probably the worst scent in the world. it woke up my girl and got me a punch to the nuts.

Rolond Lock
04-02-2013, 11:28 PM
dude its in bright yellow and enlarged every time you open your hud. are you blind or somthing?

Didn't you start this thread?