PDA

View Full Version : Where to get PREPARED mods?

PillowcaseHunter
04-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Hey everyone, when I first started playing Defiance last year on the pc, I bought some PREPARED mods from the Iron Demon ranch, PREPARED gives ammo regen, now they aren't available there, and the MOD cache for prepared at Top Notch only gives random synergy items. Does anyone know where/which vendor does sell the prepared mods individually if at all?

bigguy
04-23-2014, 06:26 AM
There isnt a vendor that will sell the prepared mods individually. The two places you mentioned are the best places to get prepared mods unfortunatly they dont come up with any great frequency. You may be better off posting in this trade forum or in the zone chat when you are playing to get someone else who has the mods you need to sell them to you.....best of luck

OverDoneOne
04-23-2014, 06:37 AM
At Top Notch when I buy a Top Notch mod cache it has and always gives me prepared mods, tho the colors of the mods vary and also as to what prepared weapons they are for. I also see prepared mods at all vendors on specials, they are not always there but they do pop up only now and then during my play day. Also buying Epic mod caches from the vendors that sell them or from the trion store, you will find that you sometimes get prepared T4 purple mods. I have 3 prepared weapons and they all are modded with nothing but T4s which makes a Big Difference.

Critical Errors
04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Top Notch has 2 types of mod caches. 1 for random epics, and 1 for random TNTW mods. The latter is the only reliable way to get Prepared syn mods. Unfortunately, the rep price is steep and the rarity/type is weak. I've been after a 3 burst mag for months now, and I guess I'll never get it!

PillowcaseHunter
04-23-2014, 05:01 PM
But I got some of the prepared mods before from Iron Demon, but they suddenly stopped being for sale. I put those prepared mods into normal weapons not knowing that the MUST go into PREPARED weapons to work before, now can't get any more. There is also another synergy mod that doesn't appear anywhere but I can't remember which one it is now.

I've posted a bug/issue with the whoever deals with it, but they said there was insufficient numbers or something to do anything.

Hopeisdead
04-23-2014, 05:09 PM
there are two different types of synergies.. one which got four bonuses is tied to mods the other which got 2 or 3 bonuses is an layout synergy that means you have to have two or three items with that synergy equipped at same layout.

synergy explained (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME)

And yep there are special synergies such as precision, scavenger,prepared, DLC ones and maybe some others which can be obtained through boxes at adequate places.