PDA

View Full Version : New way to kill the warmaster.....

cuba 666
04-23-2014, 09:44 PM
1. Inside wait till 24 ppl are in....
2. When is out shoot to the right arm only, follow his movement....
3. When the crystal breaks use your spikes, also before when he is hanging....
4. Kill the Warmaster .......
Like suppose to be.....

Now start using FRC saws, VBI AR's, thunders, castithian springers or VOT pulsers.... Two of those with preperness perk, bio or rad, make sure to use the new perks for the nano effect, if use bio use both perk, the same goes with radiation, there is a new perk that will help alot is call Grounded, equipped that one with Blast Shield perk plus Feedback perk....and hell yeah Kill or be kill perk....
This one will be the loadout for when the Warmaster is on the crystal only....
Next crystal breaks, same perk only different guns, best right now semi auto sniper when he is hanging, like FRC quick repeater with rad works the best, second choice the SS Ranger Rad, and third best VBI semi auto
sniper rad.....converted to radiation no matter what trust me with the new perk it work, we no using it properly...when he is walking with the crystal broken use wolfhound, VBI tacc auto pistol, and bullrush trust me ppl this are great or SMG's with rad or fire.....

Do not use any Volge guns inside.....they are slow, look like you doing a great damage but you don't, ground pounder, cluster drop don't work no more....every time you empty you magazine on the ground pounder or clusterdrop an FRC Saw is doing 5 time that damage real calculation....
Also no more INFECTORS or BMGs please.....start extracting when you down.....

I'm only trying to say this for this community to work together hopefully every new person see this and try at list to do it.....

For new players also this guns work on blue, purples you will do a great damage to Warmaster is you using this gun....

Hope this thread not offend no one just trying to kill the Warmaster every time we go in.....

And yes kill him twice already with right ppl and almost 3 times very close....with this perks and guns....

Sorry for my English I'm Cuban I'm allow to misspell.....lol....

Peace people of Defiance.....

Chevota
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Nice to re-invent the wheel for people who dont know how to already fight the WM...

But this has been known since Week 1 of Arkbreaker release. People rarely follow rules.

...It is funny, people have been running around saying things like "i play how i want to play" and yet theres always a "Do it this way" thread on just about every situation in the game lol.

Atticus Batman
04-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Think you better read up. Your ideas aren't new and there is already a guide. Here you go.

Warmaster Guide by Nilxain (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142543-Warmaster-Guide)

Noble_One
04-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Think you better read up. Your ideas aren't new and there is already a guide. Here you go.

Warmaster Guide by Nilxain (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142543-Warmaster-Guide)

that guide is out dated though. and i think he was onlt trying to state a "new way" for in terms of patch 1.5 since a lot of people still go by the old way.

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Question: The anyone has beat the Warmaster after the dlc 5 ?
Is just an idea, and me a portion of great guy we did it already, but people keep doing the old staff.....
This is the new way....
If anyone beat the Warmaster post your way also.....

Fuzzy
04-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Question: The anyone has beat the Warmaster after the dlc 5 ?
Is just an idea, and me a portion of great guy we did it already, but people keep doing the old staff.....
This is the new way....
If anyone beat the Warmaster post your way also.....

We did beat him a few times with the same old strategy as always.
High DPS weapon for the back armor, after armor breaks off, high crit weapon like a Wolfhound.
No Volge Weapons, no Infectors or BMGs and mostly high level players.

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 04:25 AM
High DPS weapon for the back armor, after armor breaks off, high crit weapon like a Wolfhound.
I agree but on xbox NA is hard to ppl to understand, trust me, this just an idea to beat him all the time....at list you agree with what no to use.

duction
04-24-2014, 04:35 AM
Today's patch will nerf him, take a look at the patch notes.

EternalRain
04-24-2014, 05:05 AM
You all do understand that the right arm has (2) two separate armor pieces though right? So everyone shooting that arm may or may not be hitting the same piece, resulting in scattered damage and possibly longer time in order to break it...Why not shoot the back armor?? the +15% dmg from behind perk will come in handy, and theres only one piece of armor, so everyone will end up pooling their damage into 1 armor break point, instead of 2...

I tried this method with my clan. We only had 8 people, and we broke the armor in 3 mins... Imagine 24 people...

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 06:17 AM
You all do understand that the right arm has (2) two separate armor pieces though right? So everyone shooting that arm may or may not be hitting the same piece, resulting in scattered damage and possibly longer time in order to break it...Why not shoot the back armor?? the +15% dmg from behind perk will come in handy, and theres only one piece of armor, so everyone will end up pooling their damage into 1 armor break point, instead of 2...

I tried this method with my clan. We only had 8 people, and we broke the armor in 3 mins... Imagine 24 people...

Yes that is the perfect spot but ppl don't listen and you right when he is hanging you actually can get the critical from both side plus the 15% damage from behind......it work I know....

bellator
04-24-2014, 06:42 AM
I don't understand why in every "do this, don't do that" warmaster thread on the forum i keep hearing "don't use cold fire Volge weapons". I us a slow moving Volge recon rifle that does massive amounts of dmg, and i never run out of ammo. I could understand the comments if I never got anywhere with it but i am always in the top 10 on the list and my personal score is always over 120k. I even make it into the top 5 more than i should if this is a bad weapon to use. I never even take my wolfhound out of the holster anymore. If your perks are correct and your weapon is tricked out correctly and your load out is good and your character is pretty strong then individually there should be no reason that any weapon you use is not right for you as a player. if you get people in there that are swapping to a smg just to fight the warmaster they are inexperienced with it then they are not doing any damage compared to someone that knows how to control their weapon. i do agree that there should be more team work on the monkey, but trying to make another player exactly like yours to do what you think it is the best good instead of utilizing everyone strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the room is futile.

Rokea
04-24-2014, 06:48 AM
That's how we did it last night and it worked, I honestly don't get why people get all butt hurt over this its a damned game

Fuzzy
04-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I don't understand why in every "do this, don't do that" warmaster thread on the forum i keep hearing "don't use cold fire Volge weapons". I us a slow moving Volge recon rifle that does massive amounts of dmg, and i never run out of ammo. I could understand the comments if I never got anywhere with it but i am always in the top 10 on the list and my personal score is always over 120k. I even make it into the top 5 more than i should if this is a bad weapon to use. I never even take my wolfhound out of the holster anymore. If your perks are correct and your weapon is tricked out correctly and your load out is good and your character is pretty strong then individually there should be no reason that any weapon you use is not right for you as a player. if you get people in there that are swapping to a smg just to fight the warmaster they are inexperienced with it then they are not doing any damage compared to someone that knows how to control their weapon. i do agree that there should be more team work on the monkey, but trying to make another player exactly like yours to do what you think it is the best good instead of utilizing everyone strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the room is futile.

No, no and no.
Sorry to be this harsh BUT score says NOTHING about the damage you dealt. IF it would get sorted after damage, you certainly wouldn't be in the Top 5. That's why I hope they put the damage back on the scoreboard.
Additionally, Volge Weapons don't attack the armor, they go through the armor directly on the HP.
It's people with explosive weapons who hinder people of a successful runs because you don't do anything against the armor.

Plus, as you said yourself, Volge Weapons are slow moving, that means that most of the bullets won't even hit the target.

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 07:40 AM
No, no and no.
Sorry to be this harsh BUT score says NOTHING about the damage you dealt. IF it would get sorted after damage, you certainly wouldn't be in the Top 5. That's why I hope they put the damage back on the scoreboard.
Additionally, Volge Weapons don't attack the armor, they go through the armor directly on the HP.
It's people with explosive weapons who hinder people of a successful runs because you don't do anything against the armor.

Plus, as you said yourself, Volge Weapons are slow moving, that means that most of the bullets won't even hit the target.
Nice, I'm 100% with you on this.... And Trion should bring back the damage score to see who really doing the damage....

Chevota
04-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Look, the fact is anyone that used to be any good at fighting the WM, knows a Bullet gun with good DMG/Fire Rate was always the way to go until the armor broke, then use a Wolfy.

Lotsa bullets then a Wolfy. Its always been that simple... Its the 20+ other PEOPLE that were broken with dets, cold fire, Inf, and BMG...

And omfg Extract... Its only 3k point loss and 180 Scrip... drop down and Overcharge, you make that Pointloss back. If you kill the WM you get roughly the same score as 75% of the poeple anyways.

We've known this since Arkbreak released. Coldfire blows, but people use due to its relative Crit bonus.

Logain
04-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't understand why in every "do this, don't do that" warmaster thread on the forum i keep hearing "don't use cold fire Volge weapons". I us a 1. slow moving Volge recon rifle that does massive amounts of dmg, and i never run out of ammo. I could understand the comments if I never got anywhere with it but i am always in the top 10 on the list and 2. my personal score is always over 120k. I even make it into the top 5 more than i should if this is a bad weapon to use. 3. I never even take my wolfhound out of the holster anymore. If your perks are correct and your weapon is tricked out correctly and your load out is good and your character is pretty strong then individually there should be no reason that any weapon you use is not right for you as a player. if you get people in there that 4. are swapping to a smg just to fight the warmaster they are inexperienced with it then they are not doing any damage compared to someone that knows how to control their weapon. i do agree that there should be more team work on the monkey, but trying to make another player exactly like yours to do what you think it is the best good instead of utilizing everyone strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the room is futile.

The Warmaster instance is a timed damage instance so you need weapons with a high DPS (damage per second) to defeat it. So I will address the 4 points I highlighted above.

1. So the use of a slow moving and slow firing Volge weapon just does not stack up when you look at the numbers as far as damage. See below:

Here are 3 weapons, your volge recon assault rifle, a castithan springer, and a wolfhound. All stats are at the basic levels to normalize the stats and to make it comparable across the board without taking into account ego levels, nanos, etc. (Information thanks to DefianceData).

___________Wolfhound_________Castithan Springer___________Volge Recon Rifle
DMG..............350.........................205.. .......................................1052
Rate of Fire.... 6.5........................ 15.7........................................ 1.6
Mag............... 12......................... 81........................................... 15
Reload.......... 1.8......................... 1.3.......................................... 2.0
Crit Mult........ 4.0......................... 1.5......................................... 1.6

Which leads to following advanced DPS and Crit DPS calculations taking into account reload times and magazine sizes:

Tale of the Tape:

________________Wolfhound_________Castithan Springer___________Volge Recon Rifle
DPS (advanced).........1,152...................... 2,571 ................................... 1,387
Crit DPS (advanced)...4,608...................... 3,856 ................................... 2,220

I do not want to reinvent the wheel as these calculations are discussed elsewhere in the forums (Tekrunner has a Weapons post that is very good on the subject) but I have a good DPS Calculator here (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc). Feel free to download and make use of to compare your own personal guns.

So in short the Castithan Springer (an SMG) does almost twice the DPS as the Volge Recon Rifle and the Wolfhound does more than 2x the amount of critical DPS. So the Volge Recon Rifle does not stack up.

2. Personal score no longer means you are doing the most damage. You can be a pure healer using a BMG doing no damage at all and get a score 100K+. I like the others posted above me would love to see damage also shown so you can get an indication on who is doing the most good.

3. Too bad you put your Wolfhound away. You would probably do twice the amount of damage that you are doing currently.

4. An SMG is really easy to shoot especially the Springer, Pulser, and Tachmag Pulser. So the learning curve should be really small. All you have to do is "point then shoot." Seems pretty straight forward to me :)

Hope this helps!

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
The Warmaster instance is a timed damage instance so you need weapons with a high DPS (damage per second) to defeat it. So I will address the 4 points I highlighted above.

1. So the use of a slow moving and slow firing Volge weapon just does not stack up when you look at the numbers as far as damage. See below:

Here are 3 weapons, your volge recon assault rifle, a castithan springer, and a wolfhound. All stats are at the basic levels to normalize the stats and to make it comparable across the board without taking into account ego levels, nanos, etc. (Information thanks to DefianceData).

DMG..............350.........................205.. .......................................1052
Rate of Fire.... 6.5........................ 15.7........................................ 1.6
Mag............... 12......................... 81........................................... 15
Reload.......... 1.8......................... 1.3.......................................... 2.0
Crit Mult........ 4.0......................... 1.5......................................... 1.6

Which leads to following advanced DPS and Crit DPS calculations taking into account reload times and magazine sizes:

Tale of the Tape:

________________Wolfhound_________Castithan Springer___________Volge Recon Rifle
DPS (advanced).........1,152...................... 2,571 ................................... 1,387
Crit DPS (advanced)...4,608...................... 3,856 ................................... 2,220

I do not want to reinvent the wheel as these calculations are discussed elsewhere in the forums (Tekrunner has a Weapons post that is very good on the subjet) but I have a good DPS Calculator here (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc). Feel free to download and make use of to compare your own personal guns.

So in short the Castithan Springer (an SMG) does almost twice the DPS as the Volge Recon Rifle and the Wolfhound does more than 2x the amount of critical DPS. So the Volge Recon Rifle does not stack up.

2. Personal score no longer means you are doing the most damage. You can be a pure healer using a BMG doing no damage at all and get a score 100K+. I like the others posted above me would love to see damage also shown so you can get an indication on who is doing the most good.

3. Too bad you put your Wolfhound away. You would probably do twice the amount of damage that you are doing currently.

4. An SMG is really easy to shoot especially the Springer, Pulser, and Tachmag Pulser. So the learning curve should be really small. All you have to do is "point then shoot." Seems pretty straight forward to me :)

Hope this helps!

Run with double castithian springer with preperdness perk and the rest of the perks is amazing if was a score board base on damage it will be high up there......

TASHINKA
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM

Tale of the Tape:

I do not want to reinvent the wheel as these calculations are discussed elsewhere in the forums (Tekrunner has a Weapons post that is very good on the subjet) but I have a good DPS Calculator here (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc). Feel free to download and make use of to compare your own personal guns.

Hope this helps!this makes me feel better, I use a bio springer & rad wolfhound; I would prefer volge weapons over bug guns & bmg's any day though! - please bring back DMG score on warmaster!!

Deunan
04-24-2014, 10:23 AM
....I us a slow moving Volge recon rifle that does massive amounts of dmg, and i never run out of ammo....You need help in assessing DPS because this statment illustrates that you don't have a firm grasp of how to calculate it. Hopefully you'll take what Logain has posted to heart. It will only help you out in the long run.

One thing that Logain doesn't mention is the roll ammo consumption plays on DPS outside of rate of fire and reload factors. A practical measure of weapon DPS has to take environment into account (e.g. is there an ammo box nearby and how much DPS you can lose by having to rely on it), and the possiblity of having to rely on an Ammo Spike as opposed to being able to use a Damage Spike to further increase your DPS. In a coordinated kill group against the Warmaster though this isn't a factor because an ammo spike should always be running during the burn phase.

Cold fire weapons do have utility in certain situations regardless of their single target DPS. However because the fight with the Warmaster requires single opponent combat strategy, using cold fire weapons against him is counter-productive for both you and the entire kill group. Please stop using them against the Warmaster.

.... I could understand the comments if I never got anywhere with it but i am always in the top 10 on the list and my personal score is always over 120k. I even make it into the top 5 more than i should if this is a bad weapon to use....One further thing to expound upon what Fuzzy mentioned about the disconnect between score and damage. Depending on what kind of cold fire weapon you use you may see good damage totals if they are reintroduced into the end of event score cards. However when you use a cold fire weapon your damage numbers are artificially inflated in terms of what they mean towards your contribution to the success or failure of the effort because all that damage is completely weighted to the Warmaster's health. In other words you did nothing to help break the crystal armor and breaking the the crystal armor takes priority over damaging health because the sooner it breaks the greater the net DPS for the entire group will be. The same holds true for any weapon that does explosive damage.

Holy Bahamut3
04-24-2014, 10:36 AM
You need help in assessing DPS because this statment illustrates that you don't have a firm grasp of how to calculate it. Hopefully you'll take what Logain has posted to heart. It will only help you out in the long run.

One thing that Logain doesn't mention is the roll ammo consumption plays on DPS outside of rate of fire and reload factors. A practical measure of weapon DPS has to take environment into account (e.g. is there an ammo box nearby and how much DPS you can lose by having to rely on it), and the possiblity of having to rely on an Ammo Spike as opposed to being able to use a Damage Spike to further increase your DPS. In a coordinated kill group against the Warmaster though this isn't a factor because an ammo spike should always be running during the burn phase.

Cold fire weapons do have utility in certain situations regardless of their single target DPS. However because the fight with the Warmaster requires single opponent combat strategy, using cold fire weapons against him is counter-productive for both you and the entire kill group. Please stop using them against the Warmaster.
One further thing to expound upon what Fuzzy mentioned about the disconnect between score and damage. Depending on what kind of cold fire weapon you use you may see good damage totals if they are reintroduced into the end of event score cards. However when you use a cold fire weapon your damage numbers are artificially inflated in terms of what they mean towards your contribution to the success or failure of the effort because all that damage is completely weighted to the Warmaster's health. In other words you did nothing to help break the crystal armor and breaking the the crystal armor takes priority over damaging health because the sooner it breaks the greater the net DPS for the entire group will be. The same holds true for any weapon that does explosive damage.

Pretty much sums it up. He put his own score above the success of the entire group in importance. Sadly most people on 360 do the same. We can't keep using the excuse "they don't know better" anymore. Most know what the strategy is, but are more concerned with themselves than the success/failure of the instance. This, the loot nerfing, and the increased difficulty have and continue to discourage teamwork in this instance; because the people that know and follow the strategy don't want to put up with the headache anymore.

Zippy McPinhead
04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Pretty much sums it up. He put his own score above the success of the entire group in importance. Sadly most people on 360 do the same. We can't keep using the excuse "they don't know better" anymore. Most know what the strategy is, but are more concerned with themselves than the success/failure of the instance. This, the loot nerfing, and the increased difficulty have and continue to discourage teamwork in this instance; because the people that know and follow the strategy don't want to put up with the headache anymore.

That's a problem with too much concern over who is where on leaderboards.

Festival
04-24-2014, 10:54 AM
I've been fairly proud of my usual position on the scoring table on WM runs (generally top 5, although almost never #1) both before and after the bullet sponge patch. I was pretty confident I was really contributing because I've been using a very nice OJ Casti Springer and a Wolfie I've gotten up to 6.2 crit. Nice to see that validated.

That said, haven't been on a successful run since the patch...and some have failed to break the armor at all. Of course, most of those were doomed from the start for the usual reasons (early lock breaking, too many BMGs/bug guns/coldfire weapons, lack of coordination as to where to attack the armor, etc.).

Albion
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
This, the loot nerfing, and the increased difficulty have and continue to discourage teamwork in this instance; because the people that know and follow the strategy don't want to put up with the headache anymore.

This is me. I tried a few warmasters after the last DLC patch, and gave up. I don't even keep loadouts for him anymore because its a waste of time. I know exactly how to beat him, and use the proper weapons and tactics, but I feel like I'm the only one doing this. Everywhere I look I see bug guns, BMG's, people crawling around not extracting, etc.

But Logain thank you for that DPS calculator, very interesting. I am curious to analyze my loadout and see where it falls.

Rokea
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM

The "they don't know better" is also the communities fault as well, if we don't educate the new players they will never know.

Mr DirtStar
04-24-2014, 11:32 AM

i think you should not be such a trion celeb .... cubas just REMINDING newer players since its very frusterating seeing people in say your clan shooting the locks right when they jump down ??!

Holy Bahamut3
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
The "they don't know bettestrategy, so the communities fault as well, if we don't educate the new players they will never know.

While I agree with part of this, it would be impossible to educate everybody. I've seen many arguments since arkbreaker released on zone chat, from people trying to educate the community. Most people admit to ignoring zone chat. You also have to consider those who know the strategy, but are too stubborn to change their combat style.

Chevota
04-24-2014, 11:38 AM
i think you should not be such a trion celeb .... cubas just REMINDING newer players since its very frusterating seeing people in say your clan shooting the locks right when they jump down ??!

Cuba specifically said "New Way" not "Reminder".

Furthermore, if i saw any Dawn Patrol breaking locks early when Im there and not full, id bring up serious issue with that player... Theres probably only about 3 clanmates that could even attempt to pull that off... Perhaps you should check the 3 fingers pointing backwards, before pointing 1 forwards as well.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Furthermore, if i saw any Dawn Patrol breaking locks early when Im there and not full, id bring up serious issue with that player... Theres probably only about 3 clanmates that could even attempt to pull that off... Perhaps you should check the 3 fingers pointing backwards, before pointing 1 forwards as well.

Our clan will NEVER break locks. We've kicked people from our clan for that reason. We give them the chance to stop, but most argue they can do it if they want BLAH blah blah and we just don't want jerks like that around. It's pretty funny how they stop after we've kicked them...when EVERYONE in WM starts yelling at them too.

Chevota
04-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Absolutely, if you dont listen to how the event needs to be progressed, and your clanmates are telling you, you do not deserve to be wearing the clan name.

But its also wrong to toss around blank accusations in even the slightest form. Thats why i jumped in.

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
why this thread changed from the OP to ... nothing new in da house.

OP is right altho i still prefer back of the animal well actually i do not but since everyone who are good at WM starts with the back i follow. Unfortunately got just rad smg and an rad shotgun have to get rad wolfhound or the gunslinger version of it. Or fire versions which is probably the best option fire nano with few poeple having bio and maybe electric at the start.

Chevota
04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
I have backed off from running every WM I see but the dozen or so ive run since 1.5, BIO doesnt seem to do anything.

Fire would seem to be the best, or non-nano. Sypon maybe, but since it has reduced dmg, its ify... Maybe Bio just to slow it down?

I just use my Rad FRC AC since its the best i got, if i had Fire version id use that instead.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Absolutely, if you dont listen to how the event needs to be progressed, and your clanmates are telling you, you do not deserve to be wearing the clan name.

But its also wrong to toss around blank accusations in even the slightest form. Thats why i jumped in.

Yeah I don't even know what that was all about...chose to ignore that guy.

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 12:01 PM

Actually there is a new way....but I will not say in here, for past experience is better to discuss further strategies in game...and I'm Cuban am allowed to make mistakes typing....and YES is New and is a REMINDER...
and the most important think is TEAM CHAT..ppl should look at it...

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah, back on topic:

Glad to see my loadout of choice from before DLC should still work out, except switching to bio version on the Casti springer. Have to see what else I've got floating around in my inventory too.

Chevota
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Yeah I don't even know what that was all about...chose to ignore that guy.

Well, no. He may very well have seen a D P player doing it, but without specific names, its a blank accusation. Every clan has players that "break the code", but doesnt get noticed since theres so many event and not every single person can be watched.

Im sure a few Why So Serious guys have done it, as well as Freemasons, Obsidian, or Browncoats. I dont think it was meant as a literal accusation is all i mean. If it was, its kinda laughable.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 12:07 PM
TEAM CHAT..ppl should look at it...

SO frustrating when everyone is typing and talking in team chat to the noob shooting locks...and they keep shooting. It doesn't happen most of the time; actually most new players do pay attention and stop when people get after them. Why o WHY Trion had to program EGO to say "we better break those locks and kill that thing" is beyond me. Stupidest line in the whole game. Everyone I know including me, on the very first time we went in WM, went rushing in and started shooting - of COURSE! And then stopped when told to stop. Again, most of the time new players do stop when team chat is active with "training". I do get sick of trying tho, seems a new player every 3 seconds I swear.

Logain
04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
this makes me feel better, I use a bio springer & rad wolfhound

Nice to see that validated.

Yeah, back on topic:

Glad to see my loadout of choice from before DLC should still work out, except switching to bio version on the Casti springer. Have to see what else I've got floating around in my inventory too.

Thanks guys for the comments and I am glad to see others running around with Springers and Wolfies. However, with the new patch (DLC 5) that damage increases with EGO, you should go and check out how your weapons compare calculating DPS or Crit DPS. For example is my 3100 Springer better than my 4200 Votan Pulser? Or another example is my 4200 Blue Wolfhound better than my 3600 Orange Wolfhound? (Both real examples) I suggest downloading the DPS Calculator (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc) and finding out for yourself.

Then, the next step after you have figured out DPS for your weapons is to take a look at the nanos for those weapons and then check out TekRunner's discussion on elemental effects for DLC 5 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154737-DLC5-Elemental-damage-modifiers) to maximize damage for use against shields, armor, health etc.

But Logain thank you for that DPS calculator, very interesting. I am curious to analyze my loadout and see where it falls.

Thanks and no problem! I should probably state that the Dux DPS Calculator is still in Beta. If you find any issues with it please let me know. As I just found another Typo in one of the sheets. *shakes head* The math is good the spelling on the other hand not so much. But feel free to download or distribute the link to your friends, family, clanmates etc. Just don't sell it ;)

And what Deunan says is true. All DPS calculations assume a constant ammo pool (i.e. by an ammo box or ammo spike is used to refill your ammo pool). And I would like to echo that more coordinated efforts at WM include using a mixture of spikes Ammo and Damage spikes to increase DPS as well as Protection spikes to decrease death (thus increasing DPS).

bellator
04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
first off let me say that i did NOT know that the score board did not equate to the damage done by the people in it. I don't mind trying new things when it is explained in an intelligent way (thanks Logain) that helps me understand if there is sufficient reason to do so or if it is just some blow hard trying to make his 15 min of fame. I read sometime ago (year or so ago) that a volge weapon would be the best weapon to use on volge and the warmaster. So the next time i meet the monkey i will be happy to tryout my springer. I prefer to use it anyway. Now to whom ever it was that insinuated that I only care about my personal score instead of the group must not know me here or in game. I go out of my way to help everyone in this game new and old alike. I take the time to help educate new players before they ever get to the warmaster about everything yall stated above. I grind my *** off just to give scrip away so that those i see without a car can go get one. I give weapons away like candy cause there are only a few i like and if they help others then share the wealth. statements like oh they know better but they just dont care or they only care about themselves should be reserved for those you know for sure are that way bub. Not just thrown around as though everyone is out to get YOU and YOUR warmaster.

Logain
04-24-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't mind trying new things when it is explained in an intelligent way (thanks Logain) that helps me understand if there is sufficient reason to do so.

No problem just trying to help. BTW the Volge Recon Rifle is better than other weapons. In fact, not all Volge weapons completely stink as far as DPS goes. The Volge Thunderer Pistol with right rolls can have a competing DPS. For example, I have a Quartermaster Volge Thunderer with 4 reload rolls on it (including the XP roll) that reloads faster than some of my favorite Tachmag Pulsers. In fact, I was guiddy over it before the DLC 5 patch but because it was such a low ego it no longer has a comparable damage output. I just do not mention it often as it could be taken out of context.

Because of the drastic change in damage output based on EGO it has become harder to compare weapons. For example, a 4000 level Volge Recon Rifle would probably outperform a 1000 level Wolfhound. So the only way to know is to break out the calculator.

This is further complicated by the elemental effects that provide bonuses or detriments depending on the situation based on the new patch. Which all of us (or maybe it is just me) are still figuring out.

The last thing I will say if it is close in DPS (plus/minus 5%) go ahead and use the gun you are more comfortable with.

Deunan
04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
While I agree with part of this, it would be impossible to educate everybody. I've seen many arguments since arkbreaker released on zone chat, from people trying to educate the community. Most people admit to ignoring zone chat. You also have to consider those who know the strategy, but are too stubborn to change their combat style.Zone chat on PC NA often gets trolled hard whenever anyone tries to post legitimate guidance on killing the Warmaster, often by the very people doing things like not extracting, wasting time reviving, and using BMG's, cold fire weapons, detonators and rocket launchers. I've given up on even discussing the matter in zone chat. The only times I help a player out with that now is in private chat.

Holy Bahamut3
04-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Zone chat on PC NA often gets trolled hard whenever anyone tries to post legitimate guidance on killing the Warmaster, often by the very people doing things like not extracting, wasting time reviving, and using BMG's, cold fire weapons, detonators and rocket launchers. I've given up on even discussing the matter in zone chat. The only times I help a player out with that now is in private chat.

Yeah clan chat here. 360 has the same issue with trolling. Some will even put out false strategies just to confuse everybody. *sigh*

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-24-2014, 02:06 PM

I LIKE THE CUBAN WAY BETTER AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! WE AS A GROUP HAD THE ONLY CONFIRMED KILL ON Warmaster on XBOX360, after patch and now hotfix!!

Deunan
04-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I have backed off from running every WM I see but the dozen or so ive run since 1.5, BIO doesnt seem to do anything.The Warmaster has 10 plates of armor so bio-nano weapons do matter. You're not seeing it because in any half decent kill group there are enough players that start off with high DPS bio-nano weapons that the armor plates literally get detroyed in 1 second. If you're in a group where most of those players swap load outs afterwards, it can be noticeable afterwards because the armor plates are restored everytime the Warmaster does his dropshock attack. Damage reduction starting at 100% and scaling down over the course of 10-15 seconds because I'm the only one using a bio-nano weapon because everyone else that uses them has switched out or is downed can make a difference over the course of several dropshock attacks when successful kill groups are doing it by the skin of their teeth with only seconds to spare.

Deunan
04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
...I read sometime ago (year or so ago) that a volge weapon would be the best weapon to use on volge and the warmaster....A year ago the Volge and the Warmaster didn't exist in the game. The Volge were introduced to the game about 9 months ago and the Warmaster has only been around for 5 months. That being said there was a group strategy where using a specific cold fire assault rifle and ground pounders and clusterdrops to do almost no damage to the armor, bypassing it and simply damaging the health but it's only effective if almost all 24 players are using the same strategy. For that reason it's success rate outside of well organized groups (usually clan run) was basically non-existent.

Many players didn't understand how dependent it was on everyone doing the same thing so they unintentionally but ignorantly spread misinformation about how effective the approach was as an individual loadout instead of as a group one. Because they also didn't understand that their individual damage total for the event wasn't in any way informative regarding their contribution to the event it only perpetuated that misbelief. To his last day there was a player here that always insisted in threads that it was an effective loadout against the Warmaster with complete disregard to the irrefutable evidence that was always presented to the contrary.

cuba 666
04-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Get a backpack SMG, with a lot mag, then put effect trigger on the bio and radiation and you will see the difference ...... Just a though....

pobpnuk
04-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Sorry guys I'm one of those noobs who uses BMGs and breaks the locks... I didn't know.

After reading through this thread I think I have a reasonable understanding and I will be changing my strategy drastically so thanks to you all.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry guys I'm one of those noobs who uses BMGs and breaks the locks... I didn't know.

After reading through this thread I think I have a reasonable understanding and I will be changing my strategy drastically so thanks to you all.
And thank you sir!! the more people who know the better the chance we can defeat him and maybe I can finally get my dream springer instead of my electric cannoneer....I want a rad one...I have converted mine for now...but runs outta ammo quick!

Logain
04-24-2014, 03:31 PM
The Warmaster has 10 plates of armor so bio-nano weapons do matter. You're not seeing it because in any half decent kill group there are enough players that start off with high DPS bio-nano weapons that the armor plates literally get detroyed in 1 second. If you're in a group where most of those players swap load outs afterwards, it can be noticeable afterwards because the armor plates are restored everytime the Warmaster does his dropshock attack.

This is good information to know and I wanted to highlight and emphasize the above especially the regeneration of plates.

Milo Morai
04-24-2014, 03:33 PM
That being said there was a group strategy where using a specific cold fire assault rifle and ground pounders and clusterdrops to do almost no damage to the armor, bypassing it and simply damaging the health but it's only effective if almost all 24 players are using the same strategy. .

So me using the ground pounders and clusterdrops are not helping remove his crystal armor?

Deunan
04-24-2014, 03:41 PM
So me using the ground pounders and clusterdrops are not helping remove his crystal armor?Not one bit. They bypass the crystal armor to do direct damage to his health.

Milo Morai
04-24-2014, 04:28 PM
If you don't mind me asking, then what would be a good weapon for breaking his armor.

Deunan
04-24-2014, 04:56 PM
If you don't mind me asking, then what would be a good weapon for breaking his armor.By no means an exhaustive list but:

FRC Assault Carbine
VBI Assault Rifle
VBI TACC Assault Rifle
FRC SAW
VBI LM43 Thunder
VOT Blaster
VOT Pulser
VOT Tachmag Pulser

Any DLC or Faction variant of those are good as well.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 05:21 PM

Me a celeb? Hardly. And Cuba isn't reminding anybody, he is taking the same 4 steps as we we have always had and claiming it all is new. Yes he is making use of the new nano changes but he is mixing those in with old information. So it is not all new like his title claims. It is just a revamped (modified) version of what we had to make use of the new changes. Nothing more.

Yes his modifications are good, but his main points:

Those are old things that he claims are new. A proper title would be: A revised way to defeat Warmaster.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Get a backpack SMG, with a lot mag, then put effect trigger on the bio and radiation and you will see the difference ...... Just a though....

That, one could be a good idea. I suggest that if you do that then use the backpack synergy:Nano-mastery . That is if you can find 2 for your loadout that you like. It adds +5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit. It may also be good on a Wolfhound with a decent nano, if you can find one with that syn.

shawshank1198
04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Like suppose to be.....

Now start using FRC saws, VBI AR's, thunders, castithian springers or VOT pulsers.... Two of those with preperness perk, bio or rad, make sure to use the new perks for the nano effect, if use bio use both perk, the same goes with radiation, there is a new perk that will help alot is call Grounded, equipped that one with Blast Shield perk plus Feedback perk....and hell yeah Kill or be kill perk....
This one will be the loadout for when the Warmaster is on the crystal only....
Next crystal breaks, same perk only different guns, best right now semi auto sniper when he is hanging, like FRC quick repeater with rad works the best, second choice the SS Ranger Rad, and third best VBI semi auto
sniper rad.....converted to radiation no matter what trust me with the new perk it work, we no using it properly...when he is walking with the crystal broken use wolfhound, VBI tacc auto pistol, and bullrush trust me ppl this are great or SMG's with rad or fire.....

Do not use any Volge guns inside.....they are slow, look like you doing a great damage but you don't, ground pounder, cluster drop don't work no more....every time you empty you magazine on the ground pounder or clusterdrop an FRC Saw is doing 5 time that damage real calculation....
Also no more INFECTORS or BMGs please.....start extracting when you down.....

I'm only trying to say this for this community to work together hopefully every new person see this and try at list to do it.....

For new players also this guns work on blue, purples you will do a great damage to Warmaster is you using this gun....

Hope this thread not offend no one just trying to kill the Warmaster every time we go in.....

And yes kill him twice already with right ppl and almost 3 times very close....with this perks and guns....

Sorry for my English I'm Cuban I'm allow to misspell.....lol....

Peace people of Defiance.....

I use the Volge Recon Rifle exclusively in WM events. The damage is high (I usually am in the top 5) plus with the right people we generally beat him 8 outta 10 times or so.

Logain
04-24-2014, 08:16 PM
I use the Volge Recon Rifle exclusively in WM events. The damage is high (I usually am in the top 5) plus with the right people we generally beat him 8 outta 10 times or so.

If you are using a Volge Recon Rifle you are doing yourself and your team a disservice as there are more efficient guns out there. See previous post in Thread for more information (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156848-New-way-to-kill-the-warmaster...../page2#16).

CRIXDA
04-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Cuba 666,
Unlike a lot of other pontificating shooters here on the boards I want to thank You for only trying to help the community.
Although the information that You are presenting isn't new in the slightest to Us, it is sometimes helpful to newer people who find their way onto the forum here and don't bother to go looking for it.
Sure, Nixilian's Guide is truly the quintessential guide to beating the Warmaster over and over again.
This is known.
It saddens me to go into a Warmaster instance with reputed Clan members who are more than happy to blaze away at the Warmaster's containment locks when there are only 9 shooters in the chamber.
My blood pressure spikes because I do not understand why they would do it.
I name and shame them, I go into the game chat and ask why but Forrest Gump said it best..."Lt. Dan said that We don't have to worry about money anymore."....no, I mean "Stupid is as Stupid does."
I am very glad that The Dawn Patrol is a smaller clan and We are more concerned with QUALITY of shooters instead of QUANTITY, because there are some serious motards running around in the XBL NA servers.
You know who you are.

Spyder
04-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Nice post... the only problem is my OJ wolfhound is 1k.... my purp volge pistol 4.5k... not enough arksalvage to repurpose my wolfhound. So right now my volge pistol out damages my wolfhound :p

Tale of the Tape:

Hope this helps!

Logain
04-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Nice post... the only problem is my OJ wolfhound is 1k.... my purp volge pistol 4.5k... not enough arksalvage to repurpose my wolfhound. So right now my volge pistol out damages my wolfhound :p

Thanks! No idea why you got an infraction.... But yeah your case is why I suggest putting in your own numbers for your guns into the DPS Calculator (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc). That said, I bet if your OJ Wolfhound was at the same EGO it would out crit damage your volge pistol.

Chevota
04-25-2014, 01:42 PM

The post was assuming all weapons are the same EGO... Its extremely unfair to compare a 1K vs 4.5K, or wors off 5K+ guns.

Also, WTF, you got an infraction?!?!... I think you may be the unluckiest dude for some strange unknown reason...

Fuzzy
04-25-2014, 01:46 PM
No idea why you got an infraction....

Also, WTF, you got an infraction?!?!... I think you may be the unluckiest dude for some strange unknown reason...

I don't know if you're being ironic but it's his signature :)

Chevota
04-25-2014, 01:48 PM
No it was sincere in its quizical sense. i notice now its in the Sig area not in the post... gotcha.

Logain
04-25-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't know if you're being ironic but it's his signature :)

Nope not ironic... but I now see that it is in his signature. He fooled me. :)

Deunan
04-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Nice post... the only problem is my OJ wolfhound is 1k.... my purp volge pistol 4.5k... not enough arksalvage to repurpose my wolfhound. So right now my volge pistol out damages my wolfhound :pIt doesn't have to be legendary. There are a lot of good blue Wolfhounds out there. I have a double crit nano-less one which is great and even better with the damage modifiers for nano-effect weapons that came with DLC 5. Since it's blue it's also really cheap to upgrade it. I'm currently trying to get a crit from the hip mastery bonus on it.

Chevota
04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
QUICKLY!!!... someone post the Jedi mind trick GIF "These are not the droids you seek"... :confused:

So yeah, WM, use my FRC AR + Wolfy you say? lol

N3gativeCr33p
04-25-2014, 02:16 PM
https://collectionofawesome.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/tumblr_mdeo27zzjb1r6pf3eo1_500.gif?w=562

Maeson
04-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Having done two WM runs in the past two hours and not being able to break any crystal stuff... My opinion is that this instance was, is and (for the time being) will be meant for organized clans. And as such needs to be removed from the general map.

If, "randoms" aren't given the sliver of a chance to win this then there is no REASON for it to exist on the public map. I did the mistake of footing the 4 beacons for it and I regret that decision because it became clear very quickly that we had no way of defeating that thing. As such it should only be available as an instance that you queue up for like a coop mission.

Maybe it's because we were in the tranquility area, and as such, a sizable portion of the players could of been completely unprepared for this. As such a much less extreme idea would be to make WM events exclusive to the SanFran area.
But again, this boils down to "Why is this even a thing for everyone?" When the only way to actually win is for (mostly) everyone to be in the same highly organized group, with highly selective loadouts (another problem I have with some weapons being effectively useless in comparison) fighting in a very specialized and narrow way.

Toramall
04-26-2014, 12:14 PM
I have been in large groups and they did not even break the armor, and on top of that I have not seen an oj from him since the very first patch. We all know who the heavy hitters are on our respective consoles it's just that their are more newbs in their then good players. And to many WORMS=people who crawl around the ground waiting for a res they do not see that they are hurting the group more because not only are we loosing the dps of the person on the ground now we are loosing the dps of the person trying to rez that person.

Maeson
04-26-2014, 02:26 PM
I have been in large groups and they did not even break the armor, and on top of that I have not seen an oj from him since the very first patch. We all know who the heavy hitters are on our respective consoles it's just that their are more newbs in their then good players. And to many WORMS=people who crawl around the ground waiting for a res they do not see that they are hurting the group more because not only are we loosing the dps of the person on the ground now we are loosing the dps of the person trying to rez that person.

Those "newbs" are the majority of the player base. And when the majority "worm" around and it apparently is "doing it wrong" then, in fact, it is all either backwards or not MEANT to be public in the first place.

WM is a raid boss. No way around that. But what makes this a "bad" raid boss is because raid bosses are "end game" Meaning you can't get to that content before the end. In Defiance, someone right out of the tutorial who explored more then did missions can end up in this "end game" content. Where they get smacked in the face by T10 (threat 10) enemies and either a silent or a hostile group of people. They have NO IDEA what is going on.
The game itself tells you to "shoot at the crystals". But nothing as specific like Ego saying: "Those armor crystals are really tough! You should concentrate all your fire on a single area." They are told to shoot at the crystals, and so they shoot at crystals. How they prioritize it is completely up to how they think is logical. First time I fought the WM when he was first released, I aimed at the other arm when he was hanging because I thought it'd be better to stop him from shooting at us. At that time didn't cross my mind to shoot at the arm he was hanging with. And I had no idea it was timed until Ego started saying something about not letting it get away and I then noticed the timer.

To be clear, it is alright, awesome even, if the WM is really tough and needs a very specific build and highly organized group to take down. But to have it on the open world map, in starter areas specifically is where we get a situations where the more experienced people get frustrated about losing and start to antagonize or simply despise newer players for "sucking" when in fact they thought it was just an another roadside event. And the new players are brick-walled with highest tier enemies who simply refuse to die and pretty much one-shot you over and over and over again. And thus feeling cheated and frustrated in a way. By making this a "closed" event, you don't bash the skulls of new players in and you don't pull on the nails of the older players. At least not as much.

Jack Horrigan
04-27-2014, 01:17 AM
While I don't agree with making it a "closed" instance I do think it could be better implemented. As it is now noobs either have no clue whats going on or they read that stupid guide that says dets are good for him. I was in plenty of random groups to beat him before dlc5 and one rule was always true. If the crystal takes too long to break you won't beat him. The crit stage is where most of the damage comes from. Imo people who use detonaters are just as bad as "worms" because they aren't helping. WM is a group effort and with a full instance it should be easy if everyone has the same goal, Kill the Monkey!

Chevota
04-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Dets used to be good... But it was one of those thigs, where if Everyone used Dets, it worked.

You used to be able to hybrid because you didnt have a good Crit weap, so you would just Det for all-health while the better people would break armor + crit Wolfy him down.

By doing that, people were able to hide the fact they werent doing as much damage, they wouldnt be at the bottom of the list on failed attempts, and no one really cared for scores when victorious.

Logain
04-27-2014, 09:26 AM
The use of Detonators was recommended only when you were not at an angle to hit the target crystal (right arm or back whatever). The idea was supposed to be at least I am doing some damage until I get an opportunity to shoot the target. However, people took it too far.

Anyways on another note, I have been working on another WM guide (in Beta) but have been reluctant to post it on the forum since there are already tons of WM information out there. Is there any interest or demand for a more up to date WM guide?

Bonehead
04-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Meet the new way, same as the old way.

Deunan
04-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Anyways on another note, I have been working on another WM guide (in Beta) but have been reluctant to post it on the forum since there are already tons of WM information out there. Is there any interest or demand for a more up to date WM guide?I think it's needed. Nilxain's guide is dated. He made a premature conclusion about the utility of the Clusterdrop and Ground Pounder based on limited experience at a time when there were a lot of heavy hitters and competent informed players alongside him in most of the kill groups he was in (don't forget that he was largely in groups populated by his "1 million" clique) targeting the same armor piece during the hang phases and many of the same during the ground phases. It didn't pan out that way in reality because most PUG kill groups are not going to have that kind of demographic going for them.

Any new guide should completely omit the Typhoon/Clusterdrop-Ground Pounder loadout. The specifics of that group loadout apparently are way above the average player's head. It's completely impractical and counter-productive to include it or any reference to it in a new guide.

Any new guide is going to have to be fairly narrow and unforgiving in loadouts compared to the old one. It should also address how counterproductive it is to concentrate on score and explain why BMG use and medic roles remain an impediment to group DPS and killing the Warmaster notwithstanding the large amount of trolling going on about it in zone chat, i.e. as long as the grouping and coordination tools remain almost non-existent for Major Arkbreaks it will do far more harm than good most of the time.

Logain
04-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Thanks Deunan. I might ask you to take a look before posting and get feedback. Would you be up for it?

Anyone else have thoughts?

Frosty Frog
07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Can't download your DPS calculator. Can you give the calculations you used to get advanced DPS and Crit. DPS please. I want to be an asset to my clan in War Master events

I'd love to see an updated, specific guide to War Masters.

Thanks!

Logain
07-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Can't download your DPS calculator. Can you give the calculations you used to get advanced DPS and Crit. DPS please. I want to be an asset to my clan in War Master events

I'd love to see an updated, specific guide to War Masters.

Thanks!

Warmaster Guide found here. (http://www.bit.ly/SimpleWM)

Have you tried going to File --> Download As --> in DuxDPScalc (http://www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc).

Will send a PM with calculations although should be there in the spreadsheet.

Edit: Added a tab called math that illustrates the math behind calculations.