PDA

View Full Version : Saw hotfix 1.504 notes

Dehlert
04-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Not bad, looks like some improvements. I was kind of hoping to see some adjustments to overall threat level difficulties whether it be slightly decreasing additional enemies or toning down damage on some groups per threat level.

Sponginess I can deal with so long as I have a chance to actually deal damage to a guy.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Not bad, looks like some improvements. I was kind of hoping to see some adjustments to overall threat level difficulties whether it be slightly decreasing additional enemies or toning down damage on some groups per threat level.

Sponginess I can deal with so long as I have a chance to actually deal damage to a guy.

Damage a guy? Easy!!! Kick him in the balls!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/monk-kick-balls_9185.jpg

OH SHTAKKO! Did he get a codpiece or balls of steel?! Foiled again!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnzgvifpkh1ql8xx7o1_500.jpg

Dehlert
04-24-2014, 03:28 AM
But what if I want their balls as far away from me as possible so kicking isn't an option?

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 03:32 AM
hhhhhhhhhmmmmm..............In that case, Amarica's favorite past time!

As in: Baseball anyone?!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XFWmNyyPSTQ/TC4YFZ8EAEI/AAAAAAAABj4/hshaXEuapWI/s1600/dog-hit-in-balls-ouch.jpg

Or if you don't like that, how about Soccer/futbol?

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/210/490819445_06681fcbc6_z.jpg

Dehlert
04-24-2014, 03:37 AM
Do those balls still exist in Defiance?

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Do those balls still exist in Defiance?

If they can find a complete dodge warehouse so we can all get a dodge, why not a complete sporting goods warehouse?

Dehlert
04-24-2014, 04:12 AM
because its not dodge? product placement bro.

I wonder if the Votans decided Dodge was the only worthy brand to keep around and destroyed everything else so we could only use dodge items.

Yrkul
04-24-2014, 04:58 AM
Product placement indeed. Dodge is a sponsor. If you check your surroundings, you'll spot another sponsor as well.

Personally, I'm fine with product placement, if discreet and appropriate. Wouldn't mind sponsors like HK, Colt or Arctic Warfare, while we're at it. That way we'll see weapons actually used in the show (well, not AW, but...).

TakT
04-24-2014, 05:13 AM
I would like to see fixed infinite appearance enemies during the passage of the story missions, it is very annoying

EternalRain
04-24-2014, 05:14 AM
OMG! I started reading this, and thought that it was a fix for the Disappearing Dekuso Show! I was wrong....Seems like that's been goin on since last summer.....Oh wait...

Rokea
04-24-2014, 06:40 AM

I wonder if the Votans decided Dodge was the only worthy brand to keep around and destroyed everything else so we could only use dodge items.
According to the show site during the pale wars they found a bunker full of them in Detroit, some votans got a hold of them and modded them to take petrohol and they just became the standard next to rollers

Riz
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Nice, a balancing patch at last! Sadly it misses 2 major things IMO:

1. The extra buff for low EGO-players. It's not quite acceptable when a low EGO attempts to do a conflict site, and a higher EGO comes along the low EGO better runs for his/her life. Regardless of the current 'buff' to 4.750 EGO, which just doesnt seem to be effective at all. The game is playable for them at the moment, as long as no high EGO comes near. Unintentional griefing should never be allowed by any game-developper, and therefor be avoided.

And what if the high EGO comes in, low EGO get buffed, harder mobs spawn and the high EGO leaves? Let the now unbuffed low EGO fight it out with those higher tier enemies? C'mon... Needs a fix a well.

2. The Volge at Threat Level 10/Volge Sieges. Yeah, yeah... You're supposed to attack them in groups. But its so annoying to communicate something through the unbearable chatsystem. And with who are you supposed to team up anyways? After the 4th Stage most purple dots seem to be rushing out of there lol (which is actually the smart thing to do if you dont want to end with a lower score). Working as intended or not, 90% of the players nowadays avoid these Sieges. Sad, cause to me they once were one of the highlights of Defiance before DLC5. Could you please 'unbreak' this too?

Cyborg Superman
04-24-2014, 08:22 AM
But its so annoying to communicate something through the unbearable chatsystem.
i know how you feel, my clan is always having problems with not being able to hear each other in chat. The common phrase going around is "is someone talking that i can't hear" it really sucks when like 5 people can't hear each other and they all talk over each other. most of the time we all have to restart the game to fix it.

Broken chat system=not cool

bigguy
04-24-2014, 08:55 AM
I agree volge sieges are insane now , i used to go in alone and be able to get top tier now as Riz said people avoid them and leave early and the same amount of ark viscera will spawn no matter how many people are there. I really love dying and extracting to a spot that happens to be under another ark visceras foot which equals instant death...Nice.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 08:57 AM
From hotfix 1.504 notes:

Fixed a bug causing some encounters to not update threat levels when players were in range.
Threat levels can now decrease when players leave instances, such as arkfall interiors.

Thinking about it now, these two points bother me a bit. First one states threat levels fixed to update when players in range...but what about when they leave? I assume this applies to open world.

Second point notes threat levels will decrease...but that is in "certain instances" only. WHAT ABOUT OPEN WORLD? This is the more problematic area, actually.

THE GUDGE
04-24-2014, 03:40 PM
at the min i avoid volge sieges and volge inc is because i keep get that same old OJ The VOLGE BATTLE RIFLE 90% of the time

polarity
04-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Should really get rewarded for running around while being shot at by Volge, because unless they're chasing someone else, you've no choice but to run from one piece of cover to another. The guys sprinting around with a huge cloud of homing missiles right up their *** are working just as hard as anyone shooting, but they won't get to score because they never get a chance to do any shooting.

Deunan
04-24-2014, 05:15 PM
...You're supposed to attack them in groups. But its so annoying to communicate something through the unbearable chatsystem....It's not as if you can coordinate through chat anyway. What would you do once there are multiples of each type?

Caller: Everyone target that Viscera!
Player 1: Uh which one?
Caller: You know...THAT one!!!
Player 2: Uh yeah typing the word "that" in allcaps...not helping so much...
Player 3: lolz

http://youtu.be/9Sj89hMVYhI

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 06:39 PM
yeah, well when there are players visible it is somehow intuitive to join with group and shoot what they are shooting, problem is when the only player you see is you.

Yrkul
04-24-2014, 10:12 PM
yeah, well when there are players visible it is somehow intuitive to join with group and shoot what they are shooting, problem is when the only player you see is you.
People in general don't work like that. If you want a good example, watch the hulkers spawn at Kenn Farm.

Yrkul
04-24-2014, 10:15 PM
...watch the hulkers spawn at Kenn Farm.
I just realized I wrote that. I need to take a bath in disinfectant, now.

Atticus Batman
04-25-2014, 12:01 AM
I just realized I wrote that. I need to take a bath in disinfectant, now.

You are one nasty Yrkul, tonight! You better use extra strength disinfectant!!!!!!!!!!

Tekrunner
04-25-2014, 12:56 AM
at the min i avoid volge sieges and volge inc is because i keep get that same old OJ The VOLGE BATTLE RIFLE 90% of the time

I find that Volge sieges are a lot of fun at TL10, but the rewards that they grant are way too low to justify doing them more than every once in a while. I did Bathhouse from start to finish yesterday before the non-patch. I was with 2-3 other people but did most of the job. Finished with 44k points, having gone down just once. Second person on the board had 14k. That is just too low for a challenging 15 minute event.

I would suggest doubling or tripling points given by killing Ark Volge, and re-adding oranges other than Volge Battle Rifles in their loot pool...

Manstan
04-25-2014, 06:01 AM
I find that Volge sieges are a lot of fun at TL10, but the rewards that they grant are way too low to justify doing them more than every once in a while. I did Bathhouse from start to finish yesterday before the non-patch. I was with 2-3 other people but did most of the job. Finished with 44k points, having gone down just once. Second person on the board had 14k. That is just too low for a challenging 15 minute event.

I would suggest doubling or tripling points given by killing Ark Volge, and re-adding oranges other than Volge Battle Rifles in their loot pool...

I would suggest just not killing my score. Once I have to extract I don't go back, no reason to. I'll give it up, come back later and restart in hopes getting through before my TL hits 8. I had to do this with happy pow farms 5 times. The previous 4 attempt started with a TL of 2 but hit 10 before I was done. At that point I might as well just dump my ammo on the ground and shot myself in the head, it would amount to the same thing. All I can do is leave and come back later in hopes of finishing it. If it hadn't been for the server shut down yesterday I never would have gotten that mission done. As in everyone seem to leave when the 15 minute countdown started. I just jumped over there and got the mission done, by myself, in about 10 minutes. I burnt half an hour and died 3 time on my previous try.

All this scaling had done for me is prompted me to abandon events when the TL hits 6 just to keep from losing my score. If I don't I end up fighting for half an hour for what ever drops on the ground; which is usually pretty worthless.

I read the fixes on that list. Good for people having issues with some of the coops, doesn't effect me apparently. What I need is this scaling this thing fixed so I am not forever fighting some 5K+ ego characters enemies.

Rokea
04-25-2014, 07:08 AM
I was hoping to see something about Disconnect's

Yrkul
04-25-2014, 08:16 AM
You are one nasty Yrkul, tonight! You better use extra strength disinfectant!!!!!!!!!!
I really can't recommend sitting in a tub of strong alcohol, come to think of it.