PDA

View Full Version : HOPEFUL! about today's patch

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Can't wait to find out if this improves things, I really really hope it does! I'm going to be stuck at work so when it's back up after patch I hope to hear from some of you on the "state of the game". :cool:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156857-4-24-14-NA-EU-Server-Update-(PC-PS3-360)-11-00-AM-PDT-7-00-PM-GMT&p=1470201#post1470201

POSTED BY MORGANA:
Patch 1.504 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

Release Date: 4/24/2014 @ 11:00 AM PDT / 7:00 PM GMT

Fixed a bug causing some encounters to not update threat levels when players were in range.
Threat levels can now decrease when players leave instances, such as arkfall interiors.
Fixed a variety of scripting issues with the Dekuso boss fight in Explosions 101 which were adding unnecessarily to the difficulty of the fight. In particular, the issue where his Raider henchmen could appear active in the room after a total wipe has been resolved.
The calculations for killing blows are now more forgiving so that players who damage enemies and appear to get the killing blow will more reliably receive credit for doing so.
Tuned the Warmaster health scaling so that groups of 24 players have a higher likelihood of taking it down.
Implemented a possible fix for the E-rep soldier camp site emergencies misbehaving, but we will continue to monitor them after the fix in case additional work needs to be done.

N3gativeCr33p
04-24-2014, 08:32 AM
I also hope to hear that there have been improvements made to DLP5... until then, GTA Online it is!

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
I also hope to hear that there have been improvements made to DLP5... until then, GTA Online it is!

Ditto. Waiting for the high life update on GTA so that's been a bit lackluster. But at least it's not broken.

Too bad we're on different systems, seem to like the same games!

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Fixed a bug causing some encounters to not update threat levels when players were in range.
Threat levels can now decrease when players leave instances, such as arkfall interiors.

Thinking about it now, these two points bother me a bit. First one states threat levels fixed to update when players in range...but what about when they leave? I assume this applies to open world.

Second point notes threat levels will decrease...but that is in "certain instances" only. WHAT ABOUT OPEN WORLD? This is the more problematic area, actually.

Storm58
04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Didn't notice anything in the patch notes about scaling being fixed (to a level where a million guys won't spawn for two people at TL 4, sort of thing).

Difficulty? Are things still massive bullet sponges?

Obviously, I ask these questions so that someone nice can answer them in the future, after the patch hits. I don't want to be the guinea pig for that because if those points are fixed, I don't want to touch the game again... :/

P.S. I like the DLP, but dang does it need tweaking.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Didn't notice anything in the patch notes about scaling being fixed (to a level where a million guys won't spawn for two people at TL 4, sort of thing).

Difficulty? Are things still massive bullet sponges?

Obviously, I ask these questions so that someone nice can answer them in the future, after the patch hits. I don't want to be the guinea pig for that because if those points are fixed, I don't want to touch the game again... :/

P.S. I like the DLP, but dang does it need tweaking.

Ditto. Apparently they're not touching scaling yet...but this seems to be a move towards balancing in general.

N3gativeCr33p
04-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Too bad we're on different systems, seem to like the same games!

If you're playing GTAV on the PS3, then we're not on different systems. Defiance is/was the one game that actually kept the dust from building up on my Xbox 360.

Guess I'm just OCD like that... certain games I prefer playing on my PS3/PS4, and others I prefer playing on my 360.

:shrug: I dunno.

Lucent
04-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Something being done about one version of Dekuso's chamber. Woohoo! :D

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
If you're playing GTAV on the PS3, then we're not on different systems. Defiance is/was the one game that actually kept the dust from building up on my Xbox 360.

Guess I'm just OCD like that... certain games I prefer playing on my PS3/PS4, and others I prefer playing on my 360.

:shrug: I dunno.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL ok - find me on PS3 then if you want - PSN name: dramaq1

Although honestly I've been working on all the stuff in my DVR this week, it's overfull due to DEFIANCE past addiction. So at least there's that!

IIIT3III
04-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Yay, Dekuso fix(hopefully) on explosions 101!:rolleyes:

Quebra Regra
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Ditto. Apparently they're not touching scaling yet...but this seems to be a move towards balancing in general.

Aye, we need some scaling tweakage badly.

BTW, what's a DLP?

duction
04-24-2014, 01:39 PM
the OP jinxed the patch 0_o

lifeexpectancy
04-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Aye, we need some scaling tweakage badly.

BTW, what's a DLP?

DLP = DownLoadable Patch (I'm assuming?). Because Trion keeps wanting to call this patch DLC, but it is NOT DLC because DLC means DownLoadable CONTENT and this isn't Content. It's a Title Update disguised as Content to try and take a lame arse way of fulfilling the season pass contract they made with players over a year ago (another part of the contract they failed to meet, as well). Hence DLP to differenciate the fact that it is not, nor will it ever be, DLC.

CM Kiwibird
04-24-2014, 02:30 PM

Gosh OP, really? Just kidding. Really though, there's an update on that here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156899-4-24-14-Server-Maintenance-All-Platforms-Now&p=1470762&viewfull=1#post1470762)

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 02:32 PM

yes I blame myself.
:confused:

Quebra Regra
04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Gosh OP, really? Just kidding. Really though, there's an update on that here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156899-4-24-14-Server-Maintenance-All-Platforms-Now&p=1470762&viewfull=1#post1470762)

When this is all fixed, I think you owe us some boosts (to include rep), and this hat:
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2011/off-pics/firefly/jayne_cobb/Jayne_Cobb_hat_small.jpg

I'll keep my eyes peeled on my claims box :)

ThanosPrime
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Is it me or does it seem that its taking longer to roll back than it was to install this latest patch?

CM Kiwibird
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
More updates! NA and EU PC servers have been unlocked. Testing the waters here, let us know if you spot trouble.

Shabuir
04-24-2014, 02:47 PM
when this is all fixed, i think you owe us some boosts (to include rep), and this hat:
http://www.beertripper.com/offtopic/2011/off-pics/firefly/jayne_cobb/jayne_cobb_hat_small.jpg

i'll keep my eyes peeled on my claims box :)

chuff yeah! That hat!!

3rdpig
04-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Never mind, I'll test the patch before I start complaining again.

CM Kiwibird
04-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Never mind, I'll test the patch before I start complaining again.

Already saw the original. We are working to fix this, and the patch we issued today is definitely not the final hotfix for the Arktech Revolution. Please keep your posts constructive.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-24-2014, 02:58 PM
can't wait to find out if this improves things, i really really hope it does! I'm going to be stuck at work so when it's back up after patch i hope to hear from some of you on the "state of the game". :cool:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156857-4-24-14-na-eu-server-update-(pc-ps3-360)-11-00-am-pdt-7-00-pm-gmt&p=1470201#post1470201

posted by morgana:
Patch 1.504 (hotfix) - patch notes

release date: 4/24/2014 @ 11:00 am pdt / 7:00 pm gmt

fixed a bug causing some encounters to not update threat levels when players were in range.
threat levels can now decrease when players leave instances, such as arkfall interiors.
fixed a variety of scripting issues with the dekuso boss fight in explosions 101 which were adding unnecessarily to the difficulty of the fight. In particular, the issue where his raider henchmen could appear active in the room after a total wipe has been resolved.
the calculations for killing blows are now more forgiving so that players who damage enemies and appear to get the killing blow will more reliably receive credit for doing so.
tuned the warmaster health scaling so that groups of 24 players have a higher likelihood of taking it down.
implemented a possible fix for the e-rep soldier camp site emergencies misbehaving, but we will continue to monitor them after the fix in case additional work needs to be done.

sorry, they tried....but no cigar??? Maybe soon tho? I got my fingers crossed

duction
04-24-2014, 03:33 PM

yes I blame myself.
:confused:

i was being silly about the title name :(

dramaQkarri
04-25-2014, 09:04 AM
i was being silly about the title name :(

no worries, joke is on me!

dramaQkarri
04-25-2014, 09:05 AM
I do not consider it a good sign that the patch notes for 1.504 are now removed from the patch notes forum...

bummer