PDA

View Full Version : Returning player pls. help me.

Tym
04-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi there!

I was away for more than a half year. A logged in a few days ago to notice all the changes. (I have a season pass so all the DLC activated).
I ask you guys to help me with some tips to catch up with my friends with higher ego. I'm at 1600 right now(finished the main story and replay one).
I need help with my ego grid too. Just tell me a few good leveling loadout. I'm bad at constructing build in every mmo, but love to try out different ideas.
Also what effect should i look for in weapons? Radiation and biological look the best to me. Are there any way to get a bio mod or is it a random dropp?
Currently I use EMC XAR-22 upgraded for my ego level, with an orange VBI EEC Sniper Rifle also upgraded. Should i change weapons for faster leveling (I have like 80K script right now)? I'm good at aiming, can shoot moving targets in the head.
What is the best way to farm ego levels?
Thanks for your help, I love this game and now have the time to play it.

ps.1 I'm playing on a PC
ps.2 English is not my mother tongue so pls. forgive my mistakes

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
incursions, major arkfalls etc. i play for couple of weeks by now and am at 4780 EGO so it goes fast enough. Do not bother with buying weapons you get some from incursions, apex enemies drops blue and purple ones once they fix the threat level today.
It is always good to have some detonator ready at one of the loadouts.
And yes Rad and biological are the great option. Or even weapons without nano are not bad. Against enemeis without shield fire nano is way to go also fire nano is good for limited crowd control at some situations + combo your weapons with grenades f.e. raiders with many plates you start with bio grenade and just destroy them with fire-nano SMG or something.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 06:31 PM
incursions, major arkfalls etc. i play for couple of weeks by now and am at 4780 EGO so it goes fast enough. Do not bother with buying weapons you get some from incursions, apex enemies drops blue and purple ones once they fix the threat level today.
It is always good to have some detonator ready at one of the loadouts.
And yes Rad and biological are the great option. Or even weapons without nano are not bad. Against enemeis without shield fire nano is way to go also fire nano is good for limited crowd control at some situations + combo your weapons with grenades f.e. raiders with many plates you start with bio grenade and just destroy them with fire-nano SMG or something.

Not sure there is much to add, since Hope seems to have it covered. That Emc Ar you are using is great, as is the sniper. But as hope said having a couple gun types to choose from for your different loadouts is a good idea. The only converters in game are for rad and fire. So bio guns are only bought or dropped, never made. No-nanos can be quite good. My fave Sniper at the moment is an orange no-nano Cyclone. It tears people up in PvP. So does my oj Crashboomer. They also both work great in PvE.

As far as guns go, just use the ones you like the most and go from there.

Tym
04-25-2014, 03:13 AM
Thanks guys. It seems I just have to play the s**t out of the game now :)
Do you recommend a melee build with sword and shotty?

Hopeisdead
04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys. It seems I just have to play the s**t out of the game now :)
Do you recommend a melee build with sword and shotty?

No, well not for fast experience gain but for fun sure. I had one of these layouts for blur melee build, but i switched it to BMG, bio pistol revive oriented build.