PDA

View Full Version : Storage/Bank PC

antmeyerx
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
This in the game as of now? I'm sure it will be added eventually just haven't found one yet.

RobDavis
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
wondering to... we need one bad! My inventory feels up fast plus I would like to collect weapons, give us a bank for storage.

Delta
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
I agree 100% we need this!

DiabloMuerto
04-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Not sure that it will be added, in all honesty so far as I can tell you don't really need a bank. Since they have inventory slots you can purchased your inventory can get much larger than you'd ever really need. What they do need is to upgrade the entire UI, right now it is a clunky piece of garbage. I mean not having a bank to toss junk into would be much easier to swallow if the inventory were designed better. I should be able to sort it in various ways, one very basic thing is have mods on their own tab, you don't need to see dozens of mods every time you cycle the inventory, should be able to sort my view for weapon types, weapon rarities. Seriously this is like the worst UI I've ever seen in an MMO recently.

I still can't believe they actually launched with this UI but more specifically I can't believe they launched w/o a freaking loadout toggle hotkey, that is still pissing me off. I don't know how many people requested that all through beta and still they haven't added it. If you're not going to take simple feedback like that and implement it then why have alpha/beta testers at all. That and the crappy chat were two of the most chided things.

MentalCaz
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd rather just have a spot to put my pre order bonus weapon I don't want to carry them all the time but dont want to sell them off either.

xxdeadstarxx
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
It's probably something that could be implemented in the future; however, as of now, Trion's hitting their mark by having no bank; people are noticing that their inventory is filling up quickly; so it's either a constant inconvenience of frequent trips back to the store, or spending more $$$ on extra inventory slots in the Trion Store.

Derity
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
There is no Bank ingame at the moment.

They were saying on the Live Stream that as you level up you gain more bag slots, and you can purchase additional slots using Bits.

Still though, I would love to have a Bank and hope they add one in the future - I like to keep organised. :P

SheepGoat
04-02-2013, 11:16 PM
i would def like to see a bank. im sure as time goes on more than likely if they see enough people wanting it they will implement it at some point. regardless of what some people seem to think trion for the most part seems to listen to there community. they did with Rift at anyrate. However on another note this game reached a larger audience and we all know some companies who make a large amount of money at once sometimes run stuff into the ground trying to crank out those dollar signs. CoD series anyone?

Warlander
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Im up to 50 slots atm paid for 15 from the store., it does go up, plus you can salvage stuff as you go to, its not a issue.

Bluegobln
04-02-2013, 11:20 PM
How about don't keep your crap weapons, break them down into ark scrap / sell them for the moneys?

I think the issue is not that there isn't enough inventory space, it's that people have incorrectly assessed the value of weapons. A weapon with 4 mod slots is good. A weapon with 4 mod slots and a nano-effect is better. A weapon with good random stats, nano effects, 4 mod slots, and the right type that fits your playstyle is perfection - these are the only weapons you should be really keeping and NEVER destroying or selling.

You don't need 1 of each weapon type, just try them when you get them and if you like it, maybe keep it.

The same goes for mods, you don't need to keep the crappy mods. Keep the amazing ones... the ones that fit your weapon type... etc.

Crazyness.

Santana Ortega
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
No storage . No bank. The devs have stated that your inventory is your inventory and storage. You purchase or obtain more inventory space as you go through the game.
yes you pay for inventory.

lemieux
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I'd rather just have a spot to put my pre order bonus weapon I don't want to carry them all the time but dont want to sell them off either.

Yep.

This always bothered me in Borderlands. I love to collect all the guns. But Borderlands/Defiance only allows so much :(

But take Skyrim or Oblivion. You can toss all kinds of stuff into a chest...like, forever. And they just store on hard drive I think? Not see what big deal is and why Borderlands/Defiance not able to drop something cool like that in for us.

I would do a happy dance if it was done.

Schwa
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Yep.

This always bothered me in Borderlands. I love to collect all the guns. But Borderlands/Defiance only allows so much :(

But take Skyrim or Oblivion. You can toss all kinds of stuff into a chest...like, forever. And they just store on hard drive I think? Not see what big deal is and why Borderlands/Defiance not able to drop something cool like that in for us.

I would do a happy dance if it was done.

Because if it's stored on a local drive, all it takes is a hex edit and you've now got the GM gun.

SparX
04-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Break all that junk down into resources.

Stodds13
04-03-2013, 06:32 AM

Exactly!!!

Yonan
04-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Part of the reason to want a bank is to separate things that you want to keep but don't want to have to look through every time you go to your inventory. If we could add folders to our inventory (not just filters), and if as they say there is going to be enough storage, I'd be happy. But it needs improvement through a bank, folders, or ideally both. And fix the rest of the UI. *grumbles*

Stodds13
04-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Exactly!!!

Quirky
04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Not sure that it will be added, in all honesty so far as I can tell you don't really need a bank. Since they have inventory slots you can purchased your inventory can get much larger than you'd ever really need.

Purchase with Real Money Yes. So what about those who are the More casual players who don't want to fork out for a a couple of extra slots? with it being 120 Bits you could get 15 slots for $5 or for 5 you can get 25 Slots. I'd rather have a Bank even if you had to pay for it. There are some items you want to keep - Doesn't matter what the reason.

Fennix
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
These are my exact thought. This anti pack rat system is good overall. Sell your junk, and buy from the store. Learn to let go or pony up dollars for inventory. I did, so I can stay in the field longer but I sell everything I don't equip in a load out.
How about don't keep your crap weapons, break them down into ark scrap / sell them for the moneys?

I think the issue is not that there isn't enough inventory space, it's that people have incorrectly assessed the value of weapons. A weapon with 4 mod slots is good. A weapon with 4 mod slots and a nano-effect is better. A weapon with good random stats, nano effects, 4 mod slots, and the right type that fits your playstyle is perfection - these are the only weapons you should be really keeping and NEVER destroying or selling.

You don't need 1 of each weapon type, just try them when you get them and if you like it, maybe keep it.

The same goes for mods, you don't need to keep the crappy mods. Keep the amazing ones... the ones that fit your weapon type... etc.

Crazyness.

ironhands
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
No storage . No bank. The devs have stated that your inventory is your inventory and storage. You purchase or obtain more inventory space as you go through the game.
yes you pay for inventory.

you *can* pay for more inventory space, but it grows as you gain EGO

ironhands
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Purchase with Real Money Yes. So what about those who are the More casual players who don't want to fork out for a a couple of extra slots? with it being 120 Bits you could get 15 slots for $5 or for 5 you can get 25 Slots. I'd rather have a Bank even if you had to pay for it. There are some items you want to keep - Doesn't matter what the reason.

you don't need to purchase slots, you earn them as you progress. I think it's 4 slots every 50 EGO. That might sound like a lot, but, consider you get 5 EGO from completing a pursuit. It adds up fast. I have 30 right now, no purchases (a few unlocks from the ark code hunting) and I've hardly done anything yet, only 120 ego.