PDA

View Full Version : Do we really need two Apex Hulkers as a finale boss in coop?

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Just wondering why we didn't just get one super duper hulker? Two is flat out annoying. Even more so they turn invisble. Today I got steamrolled by two invisble hulks. My team gave up on expert, one player wouldnt even come to the circle to start the fight. So I went through the whole long as heck map through hords of nearly unstopable super raiders for nothing. >:(

Has anyone else had this problem? I almost feel it was lazy to just double the enemies in this game instead of just making a uber hulker. You guys did well with the other bosses without doubleing them so why double up on hulkers.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Just wondering why we didn't just get one super duper hulker? Two is flat out annoying. Even more so they turn invisble. Today I got steamrolled by two invisble hulks. My team gave up on expert, one player wouldnt even come to the circle to start the fight. So I went through the whole long as heck map through hords of nearly unstopable super raiders for nothing. >:(

Has anyone else had this problem? I almost feel it was lazy to just double the enemies in this game instead of just making a uber hulker. You guys did well with the other bosses without doubleing them so why double up on hulkers.

I was fine with 2 Hulkers, I thought it was fun. The problem is NOT the Hulker or Hulkers. It is that map. Explosions 101 has ALWAYS been buggy as heck, with disapearing enemies. They need to remove it from the daily/weekly draw, until they can alteast get the houdini hulkers, and houdini Dekuso under control. Heck the Dekuso Gs arena was hard for the same reason.

Albion
04-24-2014, 05:50 PM
That's Soleptor Excavation, right? I remember that from last week, first expert co-op map I did. Wow, those Hulkers at the end were annoying, mostly because they kept disappearing and I couldn't track them. The team I was with needed a few tries, but we beat them third try by all of us using the self-revive perks like all-for-one etc.

But I agree, a better idea would have been one super-hulker with a lot more health/armor. Especially because the map probably wasn't designed to have two hulkers running around in that small of a space.

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Well they are mostly annoying if an team enrage both of them at same time.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 06:02 PM
That's Soleptor Excavation, right? I remember that from last week, first expert co-op map I did. Wow, those Hulkers at the end were annoying, mostly because they kept disappearing and I couldn't track them. The team I was with needed a few tries, but we beat them third try by all of us using the self-revive perks like all-for-one etc.

But I agree, a better idea would have been one super-hulker with a lot more health/armor. Especially because the map probably wasn't designed to have two hulkers running around in that small of a space.

Forgot about Soleptor. But it's boss battle has always been bugged as well. And that bunker one with the Dark matter monitor as the final boss has always been the most bugged. The problem isn't currently the number of enemies (in this case, Hulkers). It's that they never fixed the co-op map issues, that we saw in alpha/beta pre-launch.

3rdpig
04-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Well they are mostly annoying if an team enrage both of them at same time.

No kidding. Problem is, how to tell one from the other so you can target just one and take it out, then deal with the other. The PUG teams I've gone in with tend to take both of them down equally, which enrages both at the same time and hilarity ensues. I rage quit a couple of nights ago due to this. Had one of us had a Spanner/Trapper available it might have helped, but I didn't have one in my inventory and if anyone else did they didn't think to use it. Next time I'd like to go in with friends and tag one with either bio or bugs and try to take it out while leaving the other one alone.

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 07:09 PM
No kidding. Problem is, how to tell one from the other so you can target just one and take it out, then deal with the other. The PUG teams I've gone in with tend to take both of them down equally, which enrages both at the same time and hilarity ensues. I rage quit a couple of nights ago due to this. Had one of us had a Spanner/Trapper available it might have helped, but I didn't have one in my inventory and if anyone else did they didn't think to use it. Next time I'd like to go in with friends and tag one with either bio or bugs and try to take it out while leaving the other one alone.

It does not, the bmg thing. I tried really hard. In the end original team dispersed i asked clanmates to come and we done it really really fast.. ended up with 43 deaths and 41 revives +/- do not remember the numbers but it was somewhere around.

However OP have different problem at that is with hulkers turning invisible which might be slightly harder than non invisible hulkers xD

Catfish
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM

Have 1 member paint it with a canker everyone should see the bubbles

Hopeisdead
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Have 1 member paint it with a canker everyone should see the bubbles

ahh that is actually really smart. Or basic combat awarness one person take one of the hulkers to one corner other three stay on the other corner.

jackdaws_1999
04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Painting a Hulker with a buggun is a viable tactic, we do it every time we do that map (farming is fun). However the Houdini bs really makes that the toughest boss encounter that is in the game at the moment. Dekuso is annoying but quickly messed up with a good team.

The thing that makes the excavations hard is the houdini hulkers and Houdini Rioters.... You will be avoiding flames, avoiding the only hulker you can see, then "Bam!" shotty to the face from a rioter who isnt even on your screen. Its doable, hell we farm it, but its a bellyhatch of a map when Kenn Farms is on.

If they could just fix the houdini glitch, this game would be infinitely easier tbh (for me).

Seizan
04-24-2014, 10:07 PM
I have no problems with the number of hunkers. What's annoying g is the fact that you can't see them half the time. All those phasing enemies are a pain.

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-25-2014, 10:01 AM
I was fine with 2 Hulkers, I thought it was fun. The problem is NOT the Hulker or Hulkers. It is that map. Explosions 101 has ALWAYS been buggy as heck, with disapearing enemies. They need to remove it from the daily/weekly draw, until they can alteast get the houdini hulkers, and houdini Dekuso under control. Heck the Dekuso Gs arena was hard for the same reason.

I never had a problem with Dekuso even by myself. The Hulkers though feel like they telepot as well -_-

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-25-2014, 10:13 AM

I still need to beat it to get the DLC 5 achievment for beating all coop missions on expert. I agree the room is to small to have two apex hulkers and unlimited uber shield shooty midgets on the map.

If they had made this for 1 player vs all the above I would be ok with it because I have fought worse in the AvP, ACM + ACMSI, Halo, metroid Prime series. But I am dependent on three other player to fight these things. And if one player desides after losing that we arent going to fight the boss agian they can keep us from fighting by staying out of the circle.

I am so ticked right now about what that guy or gal did. Did that whole fracken map for nothing. Hell for all I know that guy made us leave so he could fight the bosses on their own because it scales down maybe. I really don't like it when other people keep me from getting achievments. >=(

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Forgot about Soleptor. But it's boss battle has always been bugged as well. And that bunker one with the Dark matter monitor as the final boss has always been the most bugged. The problem isn't currently the number of enemies (in this case, Hulkers). It's that they never fixed the co-op map issues, that we saw in alpha/beta pre-launch.

That was the first expert map I ever beat. I got so tired of that Monitor bs tactics that I pulled out my 7th legion sword and diced him into pieces. He kept using blur at the wall where I had him which did nothing to help him.

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-25-2014, 10:22 AM

I was thinking about using my bio rocketlawnchair and just about camp by the ammo refill while blasting them with yumy bio gumy goodnes, if I ever get to fight them agian that is...

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-25-2014, 10:24 AM

YEA I had this issue at first,but now I try and only do that map with clan mates and we usually all have mics!! But yeah the disappearing Hulker **** has got to go....and even last nite a new clan member/old skool player got so frustrated with that Soleptor map, he gave away all his stuff and said he was out!!

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-25-2014, 10:36 AM
YEA I had this issue at first,but now I try and only do that map with clan mates and we usually all have mics!! But yeah the disappearing Hulker **** has got to go....and even last nite a new clan member/old skool player got so frustrated with that Soleptor map, he gave away all his stuff and said he was out!!

You know I take back what I said about them doing fine with all the bosses. I just beat two tier 10 Huntmasters in one minor arkbreaker and they lost their rapid attack capabilities. I feel they are easier now than they were before dlc5.

lifeexpectancy
04-27-2014, 03:40 AM
Yeah none of the co op maps would be particularly difficult if not for the disappearing houdini enemies. The game has been plagued by disappearing enemies since day 1 (invisible monarchs at arkfalls, anyone?). But since they saw fit to double/triple/quasquiduple the enemy counts, the little game engine that could....cant. It took them quite a while to fix the original disappearing enemies from launch amd they never got them all fixed. Now? Personally I have zero hope that anything will be truly fixed and am just trying to get the game finished and put it to bed. Hopefully for good.

firemist
04-27-2014, 11:06 AM
I believe there's an unknown portal in this game which swallows as much vehicles as it can and it's trying to do the same with hunkers, but their sheer size makes them un-digestible....

Arisax
04-27-2014, 09:19 PM
most anoying thing .... i couldnt shot nor evade the hulkers because they keep disappearing ..i have also a bug with vanishing shields from the soldiers that deploys an energy shield (however they are called) ,they just disappear as well so when you shoot them they takes 0 damage and asume they had casted their shield but you just cant see it =,= ....