PDA

View Full Version : story missions not addressed in dlc 5

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
earlier today i tried to do a story mission on my secondary toon. im at ego 800ish, and was doing the mission were i rescue von bach in delta bunker west. i ran into two problems with this mission:

problem 1 - as soon as i entered the bunker, the threat level scaled to 7 because the npc (cass) is recognized as a second player in the group. at ego 800, with not so many decent weapons, this made the mission almost impossible.

problem 2 -i managed to get to von bach, but after rescue you are met with a wave of mutants, including a minigunner. you have the option to pick up one of them fancy orange power gloves, which i did, but 2 hits from a mutant broke the glove. as i have found in other story missions (and posted on these forums - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156853-point-bonitas-refinery-bug ) the special weapons in story mode have not been scaled up in damage to meet the new health, shield, and armor numbers of enemies, making them completely useless.

it seems to me that the story mission details were completely overlooked when dlc5 was added to the game. IMO this puts new players at an extreme disadvantage to those who were able to finish the story before the last dlc.

shadowfax00
04-25-2014, 10:32 PM
To add to this question, why have the crates ( seascape farms for instance ) been given more hp, or is it that the detonators in mission become less powerful. It used to take 4 of 5 shots to destroy one crate now it take 8 to 10.... I have actually run out of detonators trying to blow the crates, and yes I know there are a couple rocket launchers outside the barn but I have never had to use them prior to dlc 5.

Hopeisdead
04-26-2014, 01:09 AM
Yes any NPC include decoy should not count into scaling. That is an obvious bug and should be addressed.

Dunnomatic
04-26-2014, 08:44 AM
To add to this question, why have the crates ( seascape farms for instance ) been given more hp, or is it that the detonators in mission become less powerful. It used to take 4 of 5 shots to destroy one crate now it take 8 to 10.... I have actually run out of detonators trying to blow the crates, and yes I know there are a couple rocket launchers outside the barn but I have never had to use them prior to dlc 5.

I had this happen as well. Only the one time, so pretty sure it's a bug either scaling the crates since they have enemy health bars allocated to them or just a bug that's specific to the crates themselves.

I submitted a Bug Report, make sure you do it's the best way to bring it to their attention.