PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Trion

orcface
04-26-2014, 08:17 AM
It's become customary to compensate players for down time with loot boosts and such, so thank you for the weekend boosts Trion. Please keep up the hard work you are doing trying to improve the game in the face of constant whining. I for one am not going to bail out because such-and-such perk changed and now it's not the same. Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players, something that the devs can't alter (unfortunately).

ninte1
04-26-2014, 08:26 AM
You must work for Trion!!!

orcface
04-26-2014, 08:57 AM
LOL NO, but i have spent a good deal of my work years in customer service. I know how much people suck when they think they deserve something. The staff has to eat and pay rent but everybody crabs about the bit store. How much do you think you should get for what you paid for the game? Now compare it to a meal from McDonalds. Your entertainment dollar goes pretty far here. That's why I play a lot of boardgames :)

r2nddan
04-26-2014, 09:08 AM
It's become customary to compensate players for down time with loot boosts and such, so thank you for the weekend boosts Trion. Please keep up the hard work you are doing trying to improve the game in the face of constant whining. I for one am not going to bail out because such-and-such perk changed and now it's not the same. Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players, something that the devs can't alter (unfortunately).
Yeah because getting rid of paying customers is a great idea, and calling people immature is really mature. You win most entertaining post of the day award.

Deunan
04-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players, something that the devs can't alter (unfortunately).So in your world it's a good thing when a company releases flawed product because it will help them shed customers. I can see why you're no longer in customer service. You're poorly suited for the task.

orcface
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
So in your world it's a good thing when a company releases flawed product because it will help them shed customers. I can see why you're no longer in customer service. You're poorly suited for the task.

No, I always gave the customer great service. I kept my opinions to myself and gave them what they wanted. That didn't keep them from been snarky jack@sses. Kind of like here. Thanks for proving my point.

Festival
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't buy outfits or lockboxes (etc.) in the bit store, but I've happily ponied up for every DLC offered for a game I came to love. I certainly appreciate the compensations given us for downtime, etc. I certainly recognize and appreciate the attempts to improve the game.

That doesn't mean I think those attempts have succeeded, though. In fact, the 'bullet sponge' change basically ruined the game for me. Not because it's too hard (it's barely any harder at all, actually), but because playing went from hugely entertaining to hugely tedious and grind-y. Because the bullet sponge effect may well be a component of the overall DLC5 code changes that can't be readily altered (I asked for clarification on that point, but no response), the chances of the game getting back into the "fun" category seem slim...and that's a damn shame.

r2nddan
04-26-2014, 09:24 AM
No, I always gave the customer great service. I kept my opinions to myself and gave them what they wanted. That didn't keep them from been snarky jack@sses. Kind of like here. Thanks for proving my point.
Calling people snarky *******es= very mature. And you gave them what they wanted. You see the flaws in your posts?

Manstan
04-26-2014, 09:48 AM

Way to insult 90% of the games players, are you going to kick a puppy next?

Arglemesh
04-26-2014, 10:25 AM
I don't buy outfits or lockboxes (etc.) in the bit store, but I've happily ponied up for every DLC offered for a game I came to love. I certainly appreciate the compensations given us for downtime, etc. I certainly recognize and appreciate the attempts to improve the game.

That doesn't mean I think those attempts have succeeded, though. In fact, the 'bullet sponge' change basically ruined the game for me. Not because it's too hard (it's barely any harder at all, actually), but because playing went from hugely entertaining to hugely tedious and grind-y. Because the bullet sponge effect may well be a component of the overall DLC5 code changes that can't be readily altered (I asked for clarification on that point, but no response), the chances of the game getting back into the "fun" category seem slim...and that's a damn shame.

Wow! I am having a flashback to the Wookie supplement and NCE upgrade! Both were fatally tied together. Same thing happened then, most of what my characters did and could do was rendered useless. People fled the game so fast, the total server population ended up the size of my old guild. Lol!

N3gativeCr33p
04-26-2014, 11:42 AM
<snip> the chances of the game getting back into the "fun" category seem slim...and that's a damn shame.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/amen-brother_zps6e6ccfde.jpg

CM Kiwibird
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
While I appreciate the thanks, please don't attack others in your posts.

Bonehead
04-26-2014, 12:07 PM

That's kind of the way I see it too.
The question is can they get it fixed well enough, soon enough, to keep players from leaving.
All for the sake of arkforge.

Arsenic_Touch
04-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Praising trion while simultaneously insulting people. That takes mad skillz yo'

Manstan
04-26-2014, 12:34 PM
That's kind of the way I see it too.
The question is can they get it fixed well enough, soon enough, to keep players from leaving.
All for the sake of arkforge.

I must not have a high enough ego to worry with arkforge yet, I'm too busy trashing weapons once they are maxed. Color doesn't seem to mean as much as EGO when it comes to weapons damage.

And agree about the bullet sponge, me going toe to toe with an enemy and pumping 100 slugs in their head isn't difficult it's tedious.

ConcreteSnake
04-26-2014, 02:20 PM
While I appreciate the thanks, please don't attack others in your posts.

thank you, if you can't say something nice maybe you shouldn't say anything at all. Quite a bit of disrespect from the "community" please refrain from negative comments, give someone a mask and they will show you their true face.

Atticus Batman
04-26-2014, 03:00 PM
I must not have a high enough ego to worry with arkforge yet, I'm too busy trashing weapons once they are maxed. Color doesn't seem to mean as much as EGO when it comes to weapons damage.

And agree about the bullet sponge, me going toe to toe with an enemy and pumping 100 slugs in their head isn't difficult it's tedious.

Ojs still sell quite well on Xbox. So obviously some people still want them, but I see your point. I only keep the Ojs I actually plan on using and have started saling some, myself. Strange days, when even I now sale instead of just killing and saving.

Yrkul
04-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players...
Oh, the irony.

Praising trion while simultaneously insulting people. That takes mad skillz yo'
Nah, mate. That's basic bridge work.

Deunan
04-26-2014, 07:06 PM
No, I always gave the customer great service. I kept my opinions to myself and gave them what they wanted. That didn't keep them from been snarky jack@sses. Kind of like here. Thanks for proving my point.I didn't prove your point. The irony is that your too obtuse to realize the only poster in this conversation that fits that description is the one that said " Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players". :rolleyes:

Manstan
04-26-2014, 07:49 PM
I didn't prove your point. The irony is that your too obtuse to realize the only poster in this conversation that fits that description is the one that said " Maybe the rough shake-down will get rid of some of the less mature players". :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure this is the mature players response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyltK6pmJGg

lifeexpectancy
04-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Just wait until day 30ish post DLP 5 when the 360 players start unlocking that last achievement. The population will begin falling with a progressively more rapid pace.