PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, guys.. Regarding Mastery Rerolling

Olaf
04-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Yo,

I have rerolled some guns quite afew times now and I have never got the same mastery twice on the same gun (thank god...), I was just wondering if you guys are experiencing this too ? I really do hope that Trion thought of this when they implemented the feature, because using a currency to reset the mastery that costs bits should never give you the same mastery twice for the same gun. Is that how it works or am I just having a stroke of luck?

Jaydogg
04-26-2014, 10:23 PM
definatly luck, my battle rifle rolled 15% hipfire 3 times before it finaly got .10 crit

Olaf
04-26-2014, 10:25 PM
definatly luck, my battle rifle rolled 15% hipfire 3 times before it finaly got .10 crit

ah damn... well that sucks trion...

Market
04-26-2014, 10:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it's set up to exclude the most recent mastery bonus. I went looking in the 1.5 patch notes for it, but couldn't find it. I know I read something here about it, I just can't seem to locate it.

edit: but after rereading the thread, I guess it's not working that way. ouch.

Jet1337
04-26-2014, 10:59 PM
That's funny. I re-rolled my wolfhound over 10 times and haven't gotten a regular crit bonus yet, but have gotten multiples of the same roll.

Error404
04-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Took a friend 47 rerolls to get his 0.88 reload on his Zagger. He was...Rather jovial to say the least.

29 rerolls later and my Bio Brutal Castithan Sweeper has still not got 30% Melee whilst shields down.

Critical Errors
04-27-2014, 03:31 AM
The re-roll will exclude the current XP roll. So if the above poster rolled Crit from hip 3 times, it should not have been consecutively. If the weapon is rolling the same XP roll as the current one, then put in a bug report.

If your weapon rolled x.75 recoil, then re-rolling it will give you any roll but x.75 recoil. If your new roll is x.85 reload and you re-roll it, you may roll recoil again.

Jaydogg
04-27-2014, 03:35 AM
the crit from hip wasn't consecutive, was out of 20 tries :(

Olaf
04-27-2014, 04:47 AM
damn guys, cant believe they havent made it so it NEVER gives the same roll.. Kinda like it cycles through them all until you have had each and every available mastery then when no new ones are available it resets and starts u from beginning again. (obvious money grab is obvious)
I have only rolled 3 guns so far, a springer (took 3 rolls to get DMG), an EMC Service (took 5 times to get DMG) and a Shield Spanner (took 3 times to get DMG Charge if i recall). So I guess I havent had a big enough sample size =)

Olaf
04-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Took a friend 47 rerolls to get his 0.88 reload on his Zagger. He was...Rather jovial to say the least.

29 rerolls later and my Bio Brutal Castithan Sweeper has still not got 30% Melee whilst shields down.

I know this might sound silly, but try to make sure that the final shot that masters your weapon is a melee hit while your shield is down, hopefully that will encourage a 30% melee roll.

YahootsMagoondi
04-27-2014, 07:04 AM
I know this might sound silly, but try to make sure that the final shot that masters your weapon is a melee hit while your shield is down, hopefully that will encourage a 30% melee roll.

That is another of the Defiance myths...one of the only things I remember them replying about in a seemingly honest answer was that the mastery roll is determined when the weapon is pulled, just like the other rolls. Then mastering the weapon merely reveals that roll. It would follow that now the roll is determined at the reroll, and then revealed when the weapon is remastered. I have also been rerolling a weapon multiple times and had the same roll reappear on multiple, nonconsecutive attempts. The way all the other RNG works, they will never make it so it just cycles through, otherwise why not just let you pick the mastery for a certain amount of Arkforge (conveniently available in the Bits Store).

But, anyway, what you do with the weapon while mastering has no affect on the roll...just like scoring under 5k at a DM Major doesn't guarantee OJ, nor does buying a lockbox when the vendor nearby is selling a purple weapon, nor is there one vendor for each character that has a higher chance of OJ, (insert your favorite myth here)...

Seizan
04-27-2014, 07:06 AM
it's random. i re-rolled my old EMC service rifle about 12 times hoping for the x1.05 DMG. after hitting 10% DMG last shot and 12% less DMG while reloading about 4 times each, i finally gave up after the 12th try and sold that piece of work.

MAMGRIZZLY
04-28-2014, 03:45 AM

I want this roll on my Bio Brutal Castithan Sweeper, I call it my Beat Stick!

Combo Breaker
04-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Sometimes re-rolls work perfectly. I got a Radiation VOT Fragger. Cannoneer with 2 fire rate rolls. I rolled 8% damage on next shot after a kill. I re-rolled it and got a 1.05 fire rate to give it 3 fire rate rolls.

I was only after a reload roll and got a beautiful gun instead.

Quebra Regra
04-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Haven't you heard? Repetitive undesirable RNG rerolls are part of the "longer chase", that never seems to lead to the "fulfilment" part. It just so happens it also consumes a lot of arkforge... which is bits purchasable

Working as intended..

Donk
04-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Why don't we just ask to be able to select what rolls we want for any weapon, any roll we get and be done with it. Cost is this and have at it. That way we all have the all best weapons we can afford. Sorry just reading this struck a nerve as I can not count how many OJ's I scrapped this weekend because the rolls sucked they were not worth even mastering to see what to get.

I'm over it. All rolls = grenade bonus and accuracy.

Extreme Rugburn
04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
LOL I have rerolled my VBI AR 5 times trying to get a damage or crit and have had no luck. On my third attempt I rerolled my original roll, but other than that they have been different.

Extreme Rugburn
04-28-2014, 11:45 AM
it's random. i re-rolled my old EMC service rifle about 12 times hoping for the x1.05 DMG. after hitting 10% DMG last shot and 12% less DMG while reloading about 4 times each, i finally gave up after the 12th try and sold that piece of work.

LOL, and im getting pissed after only 5 attempts, I dont think I can make it past eight.

Kane Fraiser
04-28-2014, 12:45 PM
re-rolled one of my heavy assault carbines 30 times so far, still haven't gotten the x1.05 dmg i want. Rolled x1.10 crit four times, rolled dmg from last shot 4 times, rolled crit from hip twice, rolled crit when crouched twice. I've rolled prety much every roll at least twice and STILL haven't gotten my freakin x1.05 dmg >.<