PDA

View Full Version : Fix your F***ing Servers

Michifornian
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Seriously, this is some BS, major disappointment. I didn't spend $60 not to be able to play a game.

iEatWorlds
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of MMO's!

A s0t
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
relax they are are fixing stuff their not EA

LifeExpectancy
04-02-2013, 11:03 PM
It's called balancing. It always happens in MMOs and will continue to happen. I for one am GLAD they're dumming down the damn detonator because I'm sick of EVERYONE running with it in PvP. If you've never played an MMO before, and you don't like it, go back to GoW, Halo, CoD, etc.

Paladin
04-02-2013, 11:04 PM
relax they are are fixing stuff their not EA

Damn you hillbillies and your higher than mine post counts!

Hansolo
YOU HAVE CRAP SERVERS ON DAY 1 HOW DARE YOU MMO! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!

Oh wait...
ya

Kaleb Stonecarver
1st day of launch, pretty damn smooth compared to other 1st day launches, just be glad this is not Simcity or Diablo...have had no problem logging on all day...and downtime fore server maintenance and quick fixes more than worth it

Kocot
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
First day of the launch was smooth, you're taking the piss.
Was down all day in the UK for most of us. Woke up, got fifteen minutes playtime. Then it's down again.

CharmCitysKing
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Dude they are patching the game itll be back up in a hour...start checking on there twitters when the servers go down

Kaleb Stonecarver
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
That is a UK issue, across the Ocean here it was not so bad...hope they get your side fixed really soon...

deltaman42
for a day 1 MMO launch i think it went pretty smoothly...

Kocot
It's such a shame though, that's the thing. The fifteen minutes I got were great. I mean, aside for being a Caucasian with corn-rows, but I can live with that.

Michifornian
04-02-2013, 11:10 PM
It's called balancing. If you've never played an MMO before, and you don't like it, go back to GoW, Halo, CoD, etc.

Except I don't play any of those games. Nice assumption. And yes, this is upsetting. I still stand behind my original post. This is BS. And if as someone else said this is not just a day one issue will continue, then I say that Trion should look at improving it's brain trust.

Thedjectivenoun
04-02-2013, 11:10 PM
I just hope the lag clears ups. pvp, dungeons and world stuff is hair pulling frustrating. unload 2-3 clips in a mob just to see it's life bar go through 5 bars then die. XD but it's to be expected, it's not like Diablo 3 or WoW day one launch if anybody remembers that.

Golen
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
This game is great and so great, that I'm holding myself back from cursing Trion's name about server maintenance. But I really want to get back into the game, badly.

deltaman42
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
its pretty nice of them to message us while were playin defiance.telling us the servers are going offline in 15mins for maintenance.....:D:D

Kocot
04-02-2013, 11:15 PM
its pretty nice of them to message us while were playin defiance.telling us the servers are going offline in 15mins for maintenance.....:D:D

Not when you're downstairs making a brew/butty it's not!

iEatWorlds
04-02-2013, 11:16 PM
This game is great and so great, that I'm holding myself back from cursing Trion's name about server maintenance. But I really want to get back into the game, badly.

I have a bad case of what you have.

Dil
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
How often do they notify you in game that the servers are being updated?

I got kicked off for the Update right now and I didn't see any notification before it.

Not a problem though, they gotta do what they gotta do.

A s0t
04-02-2013, 11:20 PM
they need to fix EGO in the ark falls i heard you the first 10 times EGO settle down

Michifornian
04-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Read the twitter feed by the EX. Prod. looks like people are all over this guy's case. But as EP, you get paid the big baucks and this is why. Looks like a pretty good list of fixes though....

We will be starting server updates on all platforms beginning at 10:45pm PT.

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 10:45pm PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
- Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
- Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
- Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
- Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
- Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
- Detonator Tuning
- Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
- Server and client crash fixes

Nokozon
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Seriously, this is some BS, major disappointment. I didn't spend $60 not to be able to play a game.

you do realise...you AGREED to allow trion complete control over their server access, you did so not once, but multiple times, including upon purchase of the game, as well as EVERY time you have logged in.

so shut the **** up with the complaint.

Tango80
04-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Is this your first MMO?

Did you play the beta when on the first day?

If you answer yes to the first one Shut up because this is by far a smooth launch compared to what other MMO would put you through on the first day. Stop complaining about the server maintenance they will happen and happen allot this coming week. Sounds to me you would also be complaining about the normal weekly server maintenance that every MMO tends to have.

If you played the beta on the first day you would have seen the major issues that occurred and would have cancelled your preorder thus spare all of us from your complaining.

So stop complaining about Trion doing server maintenance they are trying to make the game allot better by doing these things. The beta was a stress test to see if their servers could handle the load. Now they are trying to tweek the software that was already burned to CD's several months ago and trying to fix unbalances that they see would ruin the game.

Jester
04-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!