PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter Disguise - Bugged?

spweasel
04-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Has anyone managed to complete this post-1.5? I ran it 4 times today, and every single time it got to the "Secure the Area" segment (at the very end) and then it completely refused to finish. I tried...

-Logging out and back in
-Restarting my computer entirely
-Looking for missed enemies extremely carefully, including in the waters around the Base
-Destroying all the barrels
-Switching phases
-Killing myself and extracting
-Voodoo chants (assuming "work you lousy piece of crap" is a Voodoo chant)

...But nothing worked. It's the last thing I need to do for the San Francisco Pursuits, and I'd like to actually, y'know, finish it.

jimcon
04-28-2014, 04:14 AM
im having the same problem iv'e done it 6 times now it just wont end ps ive put a bug report in but no replay yet

Atticus Batman
04-28-2014, 04:18 AM
You walk towards the vehicle at the front entrance (just follow that path in back to the front, and do not go back the way you came to get there.) and jump down off the platform near the darkmatter vehicle. The cutscene should start. If it doesn't not sure what to tell you. However if you are on Xbox I could try helping you, I suppose.

Wait that is the one where you have to talk to the 3 spies dressed as Darkmatter right? I hope so because that is the one I am thinking of.

jimcon
04-28-2014, 04:23 AM
yes it is iv'e done that hank you but will try it again before i go back the way i came to see if there was anyone i missed thanks again

Atticus Batman
04-28-2014, 05:00 AM
No Problem. I hope it works. Btw the final battle of that mission has Bulwarks. If you are fighting them while deactivating a terminal of somesort on that back balcony then you are doing it right so far. If you are not, then you missed something. I hope you can get it working, though I do suggest you find a friend who has done that mission before, so they can help you do it and tell you if something was missed/overlooked. The missions in this game can be very buggy.

spweasel
04-28-2014, 09:41 AM
You walk towards the vehicle at the front entrance (just follow that path in back to the front, and do not go back the way you came to get there.) and jump down off the platform near the darkmatter vehicle. The cutscene should start. If it doesn't not sure what to tell you. However if you are on Xbox I could try helping you, I suppose.

Wait that is the one where you have to talk to the 3 spies dressed as Darkmatter right? I hope so because that is the one I am thinking of.
Aye, that's the one. Every time I finish it, the 3 spies walk towards where you enter that final area and just stop and stand around. I tried going back to the bridge (I tried the short way around, the long way around, and wandering the area for 20+ minutes), but no cutscene ever played.

I'm savvy enough that it's almost certainly not something I'm doing wrong, at least not 5 times in a row. I really should find someone else to run it with just to prove I'm not crazy (well, at least not because of this).

Incidentally, my first time through the DM Base (for the Main Mission), while the cutscene at the end played I fell through the ground and drowned. Dark Matter must hate me or something.

spweasel
04-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Apparently it really did just hate me (or, alternately, it's bugged at TL 3 but not TL 10). The five times I soloed it the last wave of enemies (that come up the ramp at the very end) simply weren't spawning. There seems to be no cutscene for this version of the Conflict site, by the way (that must be only for that Main Mission).

It really should be looked at (I filed a bug report), but at least now I can file it under SEP (somebody else's problem).

Fuzzle
04-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Just ran it in a pretty big group with threat level 10 and at the secure the area it seemed stuck for a bit. Turns out there were some snipers in stealth hiding down below us in one of the catwalks.

I did find out the first time through though that this mission really hates if you sneak past closed gates (blue shields) and do objectives out of order. Completely bugged it out horribly that one time.

There also seems to issues with mobs hiding on the opposite sides of the blue gates that you have to clear to get them to open sometimes. In one case I threw bug grenades to kill the guy, in another people used swords to melee him through the wall.

I also was a bit surprised when no rewards screen came up at the end like most sites do. I still got my keys and such, but it was still surprising since it was a conflict site with a score.

Deunan
04-28-2014, 02:37 PM
I also was a bit surprised when no rewards screen came up at the end like most sites do. I still got my keys and such, but it was still surprising since it was a conflict site with a score.This happens at many conflict sites with a score. It's erratic and inconsistent. You still get your rewards, but you can only track them in the rewards channel.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-28-2014, 04:11 PM
i made it all the way t the end, cleared the final area, and the mission is just stuck there now. the overhead banner says to secure area but the npcs are just standing there and i havent found an enemy in 20 minutes of searching

i actually went and did 2 other conflict sites and came back to find "disguise" in the same state i left it in, stuck at the final conflict lol

Mia Faith
04-29-2014, 02:45 PM
we did it 3 times with different people. it never works. it just ends and there is nothing to do. oh well.

maverick07
04-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Hmm I've never had it stall out so I couldn't do anything at the end. I have had it stall out at the doors the E-Rep guys are supposed to open but that hasn't happened in a while.

When it says "Secure the Area" at the end, and I'm not seeing enemies, there are snipers hiding near the exit each time I've had it happen. If you leave from where the E-Rep guys are there is a walkway that leads down a hill back to the entrance of the base. Don't go all the way back to the entrance though! To the left on this path is a catwalk that you'll see, which is a dead end, and there are some explosive barrels there. The snipers are usually down there. They are either around the barrels, or they will stay cloaked, and hide to the left of the slope you walk down.

I believe the snipers only show up if you kill enough enemies. So if you go through the Bulwarks fast enough you will have to go find them back in that spot to finish it. If there is a problem though with one of the snipers spawning in a bad spot (like the ones in the room in Motherlode :)) I haven't seen it yet. If you slack enough though you shouldn't get the snipers to appear.

Mia Faith
04-29-2014, 04:33 PM
we did it! there were a lot of people that helped. i cant remeber everybody sorry but i know Duke was there. there was one blue door that would not open and there was a guy inside so some people kept shooting him through the blue shield and then he finaly died and the door open lol. this was the 4th time i had to play this.

I have 100 point again to spend on a crate for a gunslinger outfit. so far I ddi it 2 times and all i got was guns. where are the outfits?

Bonehead
04-29-2014, 04:38 PM
It's bugged.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/NBGjUYG_zps4f93511a.png

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Has anyone managed to complete this post-1.5? I ran it 4 times today, and every single time it got to the "Secure the Area" segment (at the very end) and then it completely refused to finish. I tried...

-Logging out and back in
-Restarting my computer entirely
-Looking for missed enemies extremely carefully, including in the waters around the Base
-Destroying all the barrels
-Switching phases
-Killing myself and extracting
-Voodoo chants (assuming "work you lousy piece of crap" is a Voodoo chant)

...But nothing worked. It's the last thing I need to do for the San Francisco Pursuits, and I'd like to actually, y'know, finish it.
I did it yesterday b4 patch on my main toon, but this morning tried it with my 4400 character and had no luck three times so I submitted a ticket!!

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-29-2014, 05:09 PM
For us on XBOX 360=== it doesn't just end?? It will have one of the three disguise guys will glitch on roof of walkway or something weird like that!! And also went to Mother of all hellbugs after patch dropped... it was over by Madera and one of the HELLBUGS Glitched into the Mountain, we sat there and Melee'd it and bombed it with everything but couldn'tget that last crystal finished too go on to the final Boss~!!

CM Kiwibird
04-29-2014, 05:34 PM
It's bugged.

It's currently possible to complete this, but we'll investigate. Thank you.

crystal030405
04-29-2014, 05:41 PM

yep only half the time but 1 out of 4 trys it should not be like that its to long of a mission to do three and four times befor getting credit

Despair
05-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I was having issues with the 2 disguised idiots thinking they are under fire. They appear to be firing at each other and screaming about it. There is nothing red on radar. Mission can't progress, can't reach 3rd.

Wonder if that was because I went to the 2nd spy first?

Just tried it again. Went from very easy solo to completely insane once 2 other players with over 1k ego on me showed up, though. I especially loved getting knocked down every time I almost stood up and then off the island by a sequence of grenades and having to swim around to entry of entire area and trudge back...

Did manage to get the weekly, though.

spweasel
05-13-2014, 03:36 PM
It's the weekly again, and it's still bugged. There's definitely something going on with the scripting that's causing the final wave of enemies not to appear consistently. I'd appreciate if it could be looked into again.

Ryme
05-13-2014, 03:55 PM
It is POSSIBLE to complete it, but it seems to glitch out often, either due to scripted AI actions not triggering, enemies spawning in unreachable areas, or enemies not spawning at all.

I wonder if it the whole event has some sort of unofficial timeout counter. The times where I couldn't complete it, the threat level had jumped to 10, and each skirmish became drawn out sieges, often with the group having to fall back to a previous area for cover and to funnel enemies.

Deunan
05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
According to Trick, the social AI on some of the Dark Matter Snipers is glitched. That means they won't aggro on you even though you are killing other Dark Matter in their vicinity. If they don't aggro on you they don't decloak and since the don't aggro they also don't show up on your radar. Patch 1.506 was supposed to address this by having them randomly decloak on their own which is an odd way to approach a fix instead of fixing their broken AI. If you're not looking at where they are when they decloak then you won't find them. I suggest methodically carpet bombing the entire area with a Big Boomer until you catch them in the blast radius of one of the grenades.

spweasel
05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
According to Trick, the social AI on some of the Dark Matter Snipers is glitched. That means they won't aggro on you even though you are killing other Dark Matter in their vicinity. If they don't aggro on you they don't decloak and since the don't aggro they also don't show up on your radar. Patch 1.506 was supposed to address this by having them randomly decloak on their own which is an odd way to approach a fix instead of fixing their broken AI. If you're not looking at where they are when they decloak then you won't find them. I suggest methodically carpet bombing the entire area with a Big Boomer until you catch them in the blast radius of one of the grenades.

I've camped the spawn point as soon as the third Targeting System started its countdown and no enemies (even the non-snipers) ever showed up. It's most emphatically not a case of user error.

Ryme
05-13-2014, 04:34 PM
I've camped the spawn point as soon as the third Targeting System started its countdown and no enemies (even the non-snipers) ever showed up. It's most emphatically not a case of user error.

Isn't there also a skill that will let you use your Decoy ability to reveal cloaked enemies?

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Isn't there also a skill that will let you use your Decoy ability to reveal cloaked enemies?

This event was a problem in the previous week, NO they have not fixed it, regardless the nonsense assertions made.

Sadly the DECOY perk "SENSOR SWEEP" has also long been borkd. Were it not, we could see that in fact there were no cloaked snipers because the bugged script that they refused to fix never spawned them. What in this game actually works as intended.

Cloaked my arse, and I'm not sposta be po'd that they'd allow a previously known broken event be generated again for this week. Look at when this thread was first dated!!!!!

O.k., whatever, just infract me already and let's make it a trifecta. FAIL is FAIL.

MAMGRIZZLY
05-13-2014, 05:54 PM
This event was a problem in the previous week, NO they have not fixed it, regardless the nonsense assertions made.

Sadly the DECOY perk "SENSOR SWEEP" has also long been borkd. Were it not, we could see that in fact there were no cloaked snipers because the bugged script that they refused to fix never spawned them. What in this game actually works as intended.

Cloaked my arse, and I'm not sposta be po'd that they'd allow a previously known broken event be generated again for this week. Look at when this thread was first dated!!!!!

O.k., whatever, just infract me already and let's make it a trifecta. FAIL is FAIL.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?34240-Dark-Matters-Disguise-bugged34240-Dark-Matters-Disguise-bugged

This has been glitched since 4-13! There are numerous posts and bug reports ad nauseum. It's always been a problem, sometimes you can get it finished, it's hit or miss. It has taken many of us hours of searching. Sometimes finding the Cloaked guy, getting the guy on the corner ledge of the building, meeleing thru blue force fields, spamming detonators and throwing Bug nades through the windows. F@$&#! Up, is F@$&#! Up, no matter what they say. But putting it back in the rotation for a Weekly Contract is REALLY F@$&#! UP. I'm calling BS and if they want to infract us for pointing that out than so be it!

Step 1: Go to search @top of pg. and enter Dark Matter Disguise and see posts from 4-13
Step 2: Go to Bug Reports Archive and see reports starting in 7-13
Step3: Acknowledge that it's a Known Issue
Step4: Don't Fix it
Step5: Put it back in Weekly Contracts
Step6: Fail

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 06:25 PM
This has been glitched since 4-13! There are numerous posts and bug reports ad nauseum. It's always been a problem, sometimes you can get it finished, it's hit or miss. It has taken many of us hours of searching. Sometimes finding the Cloaked guy, getting the guy on the corner ledge of the building, meleeing thru blue force fields, spamming detonators and throwing Bug nades through the windows. F@$&#! Up, is F@$&#! Up, no matter what they say. But putting it back in the rotation for a Weekly Contract is REALLY F@$&#! UP. I'm calling BS and if they want to infract us for pointing that out than so be it!

It takes them a while to come to the realization that we're not talking out of our @sses

MAMGRIZZLY
05-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Had to do this 4x's earlier this week & 2x's today before it finally worked. And yes, I ran it with different groups and many of us know about previous problems and how they were solved. The fact that they continue to include it as a weekly contract is ABSURD. They haven't fixed it in over 1yr, so they need to STOP putting it in the rotation. Posts from 4-13 & Bug reports from 7-13 shown on the forums=FAIL!

Sonic7870
05-19-2014, 04:36 AM
Aye, that's the one. Every time I finish it, the 3 spies walk towards where you enter that final area and just stop and stand around. I tried going back to the bridge (I tried the short way around, the long way around, and wandering the area for 20+ minutes), but no cutscene ever played.

I'm savvy enough that it's almost certainly not something I'm doing wrong, at least not 5 times in a row. I really should find someone else to run it with just to prove I'm not crazy (well, at least not because of this).

Incidentally, my first time through the DM Base (for the Main Mission), while the cutscene at the end played I fell through the ground and drowned. Dark Matter must hate me or something.

Yes I've seen this happen the e-reps stand around and don't carry on the mission however while I was reporting this as a bug report I noticed that the spies had moved on anyway the delay was 45 minutes after everyone got mad and left

Christm77
05-19-2014, 08:27 AM
For anyone still having problems, go on livechat (link in my sig) and explain whats happening to them.

After 4 failed attempts with it, I went on livechat, explained the situation, they agreed something was wrong & advanced the weekly contract for me.

Holy Bahamut3
05-19-2014, 08:48 AM

Please do, because I did this mission six times this week, that got stuck at the same spot. I submitted a ticket and bug reports on it. I was FINALLY able to do it solo last night, and it completed.

Noble_One
05-19-2014, 08:51 AM
hmmm this is one mission i didnt have a problem with. i say find someone in the game (via chat, friends, or clan) and ask them to start the mission there and then just follow them through it. help in all possible ways BUT let THEM activate all switches. this should clear past that secure the area part. all so check the water below and off to the sides. there are times some enemies may fall off or spawn at another point for the final part (which is annoying as hell btw)