PDA

View Full Version : Servers coming down for an update?

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Got a message broadcasted on pc na about server coming down for an update, nothing post in server status area/hotfix sections and nothing posted on twitter. Is this the 1.504 patch?

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
04-28-2014, 02:48 PM
13mins left for update. we all got it too. UNPEXPECTED...SHOCKED. :)

wartitan
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
How long are they going to be down for? Is it platform specific or all platforms?

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 02:56 PM
How long are they going to be down for? Is it platform specific or all platforms?

Since nothing was posted about it, no idea. Could be an hour, or half a day. Now we play the guessing game.

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 03:16 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157317-4-28-14-NA-Server-Update-%28PC-only%29-3-00-PM-PDT

Here it is, 20 minutes later, I guess thanks for the heads up.

maverick07
04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Looks like you guys on PC NA are getting the update first then. Hopefully it goes smooth and we see the update later tonight for the rest of us.

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Looks like you guys on PC NA are getting the update first then. Hopefully it goes smooth and we see the update later tonight for the rest of us.

Smooth and update on defiance does not go hand in hand. :P

Dunnomatic
04-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Here's to hoping. :)

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Here's to hoping. :)

Hopes are dashed, incursion sieges are broken, not scaling.

Bonehead
04-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Hopes are dashed, incursion sieges are broken, not scaling.

The Hell you say!
Just like last time it dropped?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/Gymnastics-Fail_zps4e056651.gif

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
The Hell you say!
Just like last time it dropped.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/Gymnastics-Fail_zps4e056651.gif

that image lol

Bonehead
04-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Pull eeet naaooowwww!!

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Pull eeet naaooowwww!!

Third time is a charm?

Edit: Love the spotter there, reminds me of blinkin from robin hood men in tights.

Deunan
04-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Edit: Love the spotter there, reminds me of blinkin from robin hood men in tights.That's her father. In all fairness to him it's not a spotter's job to catch a gymnast every time they fall. They're only supposed to do it if it looks like the fall is going to injure the gymnast. If you saw her complete fall in full frame you would see that she was falling in a very safe manner with the crash mat right underneath her. In a situation like that trying to catch her could very likely do more harm than good. He did the right thing.

I didn't post an animated gif of that before because it wasn't as funny in that context. :p

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
That's her father. In all fairness to him it's not a spotter's job to catch a gymnast every time they fall. They're only supposed to do it if it looks like the fall is going to injure the gymnast. If you saw her complete fall in full frame you would see that she was falling in a very safe manner with the crash mat right underneath her. In a situation like that trying to catch her could very likely do more harm than good. He did the right thing.

I didn't post an animated gif of that before because it wasn't as funny in that context. :p

So her father is blind? I mean most people would follow a moving object not just stare at the sky. :P

Deunan
04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
So her father is blind? I mean most people would follow a moving object not just stare at the sky. :PHe wasn't. I don't know what kind of imaging software was made to use that animated gif (notice how the entire audience is motionless too?) but if you watch the video he is following her movement the whole time. To people who aren't aware of what spotters are supposed to do it actually looks kind of mean because he begins to put out his arms to catch her then pulls them back as it becomes apparent it isn't warranted. :p

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 06:33 PM
He wasn't. I don't know what kind of imaging software was made to use that animated gif (notice how the entire audience is motionless too?) but if you watch the video he is following her movement the whole time. To people who aren't aware of what spotters are supposed to do it actually looks kind of mean because he begins to put out his arms to catch her then pulls them back as it becomes apparent it isn't warranted. :p

I can only comment on the gif that was presented and not the actual footage of what happened, so I am standing by my previous statement that the gif is funny and that the spotter is blind. :P