PDA

View Full Version : Ablative Armor Glitch?

Mess7739
04-28-2014, 03:48 PM
I have Thick Skinned in my loadout and, during the usual surprise Volge attacks at Iron Demon Ranch, I noticed that once my shield broke I got 4 plates of ablative armor thanks to the perk but all 4 were depleted. WTF? I tried to duplicate the situation and had Raiderz shoot at me until the perk activated but it worked fine the second time.

I was using another loadout at a siege and noticed my armor plates were gone so I used an Ablative Armor Stim, not the Armor Repair Stim, to replace my 2 depleted plates with 3 full ones temporarily but all it did was give me 3 depleted ones. WTF? I tried to duplicate the situation again and it seems you need to have at least one full plate to benefit from Ablative Armor stims and associated perks or else your number of depleted plates just increase with no benefit.

I haven't reported it yet, I just wanted to get some feedback from the community first to make sure this is 'actually' a problem or its working as intended, hell maybe its just me.

Tekrunner
04-29-2014, 12:21 AM
I've always assumed that this was just a display issue, or maybe even the way it's intended to display. Your armor plates appear hollow when your regular armor is broken, even if you have ablative armor on top. Ablative armor should still apply, but I haven't actually tested that. I'll try to if I remember, should be easy enough in a duel.

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the info., I'll probably check myself too after the Devs fix this whole patch issue.

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
I agree, probably a display issue but could also be lag issue. Since it worked the 2nd time for you.

Quebra Regra
04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
They work on XBOX most of the time, with some notable failures. In fact I'll attribute ablative armour via the thick skin perk to my character not being downed as often as some of my friends.

I have noticed that there are issues wherein if enough damage is dealt to you, in a very shot period of time, the damage will seem to "seep though", before the ablative amour granted by the perk seems to take effect. The appearance is that you will be downed BEFORE the ablative amour symbols even appear. This might possibly be exacerbated by server lag, but it seems to happen mostly when being heavily bombarded by the Volge.

IMHO, ablative armor stims are worthless, as the timer is too short. Ablative armor cannot be repaired by an armor repair stim, and ablative armour granted by the perk has a very short cool down (3 seconds at max) before it can take affect again.

Armour repair stims are the way to go IMHO... Keep yer shield armour viable full period.

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
The second time it worked I had my armor repaired, I was testing whether or not the Thick Skinned perk gives you 4 full plates or 4 depleted ones due to a possible glitch. I tried testing it again with shield plates depleted but the game did its scheduled shutdown for maintenance and I haven't logged back on yet. I usually have more time for the forums then the actual game. lol

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
They work on XBOX most of the time, with some notable failures. In fact I'll attribute ablative armour via the thick skin perk to my character not being downed as often as some of my friends.

I have noticed that there are issues wherein if enough damage is dealt to you, in a very shot period of time, the damage will seem to "seep though", before the ablative amour granted by the perk seems to take effect. The appearance is that you will be downed BEFORE the ablative amour symbols even appear. This might possibly be exacerbated by server lag, but it seems to happen mostly when being heavily bombarded by the Volge.

IMHO, ablative armor stims are worthless, as the timer is too short. Ablative armor cannot be repaired by an armor repair stim, and ablative armour granted by the perk has a very short cool down (3 seconds at max) before it can take affect again.

Armour repair stims are the way to go IMHO... Keep yer shield armour viable full period.

Thanks for the advice, I was also wondering, does anyone know how much hitpoints the armor plates have? Does shield hitpoints scale with your EGO or the shield's EGO?

Quebra Regra
04-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the advice, I was also wondering, does anyone know how much hitpoints the armor plates have? Does shield hitpoints scale with your EGO or the shield's EGO?

If I recall you get the ablative plates (10% dmg reduction per plate) for only 3 seconds then they expire (maybe enuff time to get under cover?). I'm also very curios about when armour plates in general break. Is it "x" amount of dmg for each plate? BIO weapons seem to break our plates faster (as we do with enemy plates).

TAG
04-29-2014, 01:46 PM
read the perk it changed to buff your armor there is nothing wrong .

Quebra Regra
04-29-2014, 01:52 PM
read the perk it changed to buff your armor there is nothing wrong .

Smell that coffee much?
Perks

A number of perks have been rebalanced to match new armor and scaling mechanics:
Trait: Detachment – Now adds between 1 and 3 plates of ablative armor.
Trait: Juggernaut – Now adds between 2 and 4 plates of ablative armor.
Trait: Thick Skinned – Now adds 4 plates of ablative armor for a 1 to 3 second duration, depending on perk points.*
Trait: Time Out – Added 15 second cooldown.
Trait: In the Trenches – Drastically reduced effectiveness.
Trait: Fortitude – Changed to a percent of health rather than a flat number.
Trait: Rear Guard – Drastically reduced effectiveness.

This discussion is about how the ablative armour granted by perks appear to not always provide their protection (ex. on sheild break, etc.)

It is confirmed that amour repair stims do NOT repair ablative plates.

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 02:10 PM

Wow, I worded those questions all wrong. I meant to ask....

Do both Ablative Armor Plates and Armor Plates have hitpoints? If so do they both scale with EGO?

i.e. Armor Plate hitpoints scale with your shield's EGO and Ablative Armor Plate hitpoints scale with your EGO.

I know Ablative Armor, stims, perks or otherwise, are timer based but there's no way they're indestructible especially against Bio.

cary2010haha
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Wow, I worded those questions all wrong. I meant to ask....

Do both Ablative Armor Plates and Armor Plates have hitpoints? If so do they both scale with EGO?

i.e. Armor Plate hitpoints scale with your shield's EGO and Ablative Armor Plate hitpoints scale with your EGO.

I know Ablative Armor, stims, perks or otherwise, are timer based but there's no way they're indestructible especially against Bio.

Ablative Armor can't be break by any damage, only base armors can break.

Quebra Regra
04-29-2014, 06:56 PM

Hmm, interesting. I could swear sometimes I see 4 plates of AA, then only 3 as I take successive hits. Cool, this requires more testing... FOR SCIENCE! :)

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 07:34 PM

I'm not 100% sure about that especially with the Volge's death dealing as of late. I remember injecting an Ablative Armor stim and seeing my Ablative going down to 1 plate then it 'bounced' back up to 2 plates. I just accredited that to the Ablative Armor stim wearing off and my Shield Armor taking over, I do deal with a lot of lag though so it could have been a combo of a perk, stim and time delay.

It would definitely benefit the community to find out if all damage gets soaked up by Ablative Armor during its duration before your Shield Armor starts taking damage again, then maybe Ablative Armor stims might be feasible during certain situations.

FOR SCIENCE!