PDA

View Full Version : Just wrong

Manstan
04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Lets start off the a huge score for an incursion and no reward and top it off with a purple lock box that evaporate after I bough it.

But lets examine this picture closely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/manleystanley/justwrong_zps05d20ceb.jpg

Can you see the issue with this screen cap? Does that scoring look fair?

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Lets start off the a huge score for an incursion and no reward and top it off with a purple lock box that evaporate after I bough it.

But lets examine this picture closely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/manleystanley/justwrong_zps05d20ceb.jpg

Can you see the issue with this screen cap? Does that scoring look fair?

Uh, nope. Where is DAMAGE, Trion? That has to be what the issue is. If it's not the missing damage info, then it's as R as the RNG. Great, that's what we want. Random scores too. Lottery THIS, Trion!

bigguy
04-29-2014, 10:38 AM
The scoring system doesnt go by damage anymore so i dont understand what the OP is trying to point out.

Ironhide
04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Just looks like to me the player used a BMG and an infector. 2 very useful tools in getting a large score when you have noobs cluster grenading everything. As long as that link from your bmg is attached you get points for your damage and everyone elses. That combo comes in handy when you cant get a hit in edgewise before the enemy is clusterbombed to death.

Ah it was an incursion in San Fran...a Volge incursion, the dude probably got that score from HEALING everyone....

Pfffftttt......non issue.

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 10:48 AM
The scoring system doesnt go by damage anymore so i dont understand what the OP is trying to point out.

I think the #2 spot vs. 3, 4, 5 - see # of kills vs. # of downs, and overall score should NOT be the same at all unless total damage actually does count. Or something else. It's very inconsistent. Random, actually.

In other words, what the H3LL DOES COUNT NOW? Good comments from your friends? How many inventory slots you've bought?

Bonehead
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Scoring system working as intended.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy12_zps1dc97a92.gif

Combo Breaker
04-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Assist. Nano proc. Teamwork.

They want us to work together.

If you just blow up enemies as they spawn with no one else shooting them, you get little score. The people with tons of kills were probably there at the start and not getting all the bonus points.

Not my plan, but this is how it works now.

Manstan
04-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Damage is counted that is how I got 2nd.

Ironhide
04-29-2014, 11:27 AM

Ok then, the reason for this post is attention then.....:rolleyes:

Zugo
04-29-2014, 11:44 AM

Damage isn't the only thing counted for score.

Manstan
04-29-2014, 11:52 AM
No, the reason for this post is to show how badly out of whack scoring is.
And that was a disastrous incursion, had an arkfall right in the middle of it so half the time the incursion point never showed on the map, just had to wander around till you fell in to it.

And why was my damage high and my kill low? Bullet sponges, if I killed anything is was purely by accident, I certainly couldn't do enough damage to kill anything.

Of coarse you weren't the one being cursed at for that score and practically called a hacker.

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM
And that was a disastrous incursion, had an arkfall right in the middle of it so half the time the incursion point never showed on the map, just had to wander around till you fell in to it.

And why was my damage high and my kill low? Bullet sponges, if I killed anything is was purely by accident, I certainly couldn't do enough damage to kill anything.

Of coarse you weren't the one being cursed at for that score and practically called a hacker.

Yes, we're supposed to work together and in fact the community is more deeply divided than ever. Thanks Trion, everyone hates me just cuz I'm over 5K. Yeah, working as intended.

CM Kiwibird
04-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Just looks like to me the player used a BMG and an infector. 2 very useful tools in getting a large score

Ironhide is correct. Damage is not the only way to bump your score up.

Ironhide
04-29-2014, 12:30 PM

Dude don't worry, you know your not a hacker, who gives 2 flips what others think or say. If your innocent then you have nothing to worry about. Heck I've been to a few arkfalls and sieges late, and wind up out scoring everyone who was there for the whole thing. I walk away proud cause apparently I'm doing something right, and everyone else must be doing it wrong..... you can't pay attention to people calling hacker or whatever their just butthurt and you have truth on your side. If they don't want to believe you, then thats their problem, not yours.

I do agree too, the bullet sponges are rediculous.

Ashlocke
04-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Before DLC5 I used to regularly end up somewhere between 5th and 10th place, I rarely got into the top 5. I'm at best an average player, I will never be good at games. I'm fine with that.

But since DLC5 I've never gotten better than 21st place, which I believe is a spot only shown if you don't rank anywhere between 1-20, so I could have come in 50th place and it still shows me at 21st.

Now as I said I'm not great at games, but going from doing fairly decent to always dead last is a huge face-full of suck.

Now before everyone chimes in with how to "properly game" the new system, let me stop you and just say, no thanks, I don't want to game the new system and do pedantic things just to fluff up my score. I just want to shoot things and shoot them well, kind of like how I was doing before.

If that's not in the Dev's plans, so be it, it's just one more thing to add to my list of why the game is no longer much fun for me.

Devs, just make the game fun again, please.

Manstan
04-29-2014, 03:12 PM
That's my point. I wouldn't have gotten that score if it weren't for the bullet sponges. Forget tactics, don't worry about killing anything, just run around the area in circles firing at the center. That is all I did to get 2nd. No tactics, didn't even try, didn't care if I killed anything, just run around empty my gun slap in a fresh clip repeat. Just find a gun that fires the most ammo fastest and you too can get a high score with out trying, with out tactics, and with out grouping.

Any one figured out for sure what this update was for? It certainly isn't for low egos or encouraging people to group. The only people that benefit is the high egos and it discourages grouping more then anything else. I'd rather do the missions completely by myself then have any one around. I always have to deal with some one elses TL 8-10 mobs.