PDA

View Full Version : New Crossover Storyline Coming: Cradle to Grave

Scapes
04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/cradle000_560x350.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/29/new-crossover-storyline-coming-cradle-grave)

Ark hunters, load your weapons! The first of our new crossover storylines is coming to Defiance in the next couple weeks. The world of Defiance is rocked when the hope of Tranquility, the first Earthling-Votan hybrid on record, lies dying in Eren’s emergency facility. As you track down the half-human and half-Irathient crossbreed’s medical history, you’ll quickly discover other forces are working to cover them up for a dark purpose.

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/29/new-crossover-storyline-coming-cradle-grave)

Escyos
04-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Ahhhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonehead
04-29-2014, 07:42 PM
I am cautiously looking forward to it.
Thanks for the info Scapes.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-29-2014, 07:49 PM
im hopefully optimistic, and yet the description leads me to believe we are about to go hunting for data recorders again

Sliverbaer
04-29-2014, 07:49 PM
w00t

excellent news

Ironhide
04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Somehow I can't seem to get into the game anymore, both literally and figuratively. I choose my character and wait at the loading screen only to get a CRITICAL announcement.

CRIXDA
04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah, thanks Scapes.
I am glad to see The Company bringing the guns back on line and prepping them to fire.

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Scapes why are you working so LATE? LOL looking forward to this, srsly.

dramaQkarri
04-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Somehow I can't seem to get into the game anymore, both literally and figuratively. I choose my character and wait at the loading screen only to get a CRITICAL announcement.

Server restart. Try again in a few.

badprocess
04-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Great news!!! \o/

Lillith Valerian
04-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Wait...hold on. Is the game going to be duct taped back together in time before this releases?

No snark. I'm absolutely serious. Where are we at on the repairs with the latest patch?

Yrkul
04-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Ark hunters, load your weapons! The first of our new crossover storylines is coming to Defiance next week. The world of Defiance is rocked when the hope of Tranquility, the first Earthling-Votan hybrid on record, lies dying in Eren’s emergency facility. As you track down the half-human and half-Irathient crossbreed’s medical history, you’ll quickly discover other forces are working to cover them up for a dark purpose.
Uh, wait...

...the first Earthling-Votan hybrid

Earthling-Votan hybrid

hybrid

hybrid

hybrid...

Uh, oh...

(Flashback to three weeks earlier: "Don't worry, sweetie. We don't need that. We are entirely different species. I mean, we're even from different planets! There's no way it could happen."

Oh, no! o.O'

Olaf
04-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Scapes, can you confirm as to whether this new mission will come with a set of pursuits rewarding +EGO?

thejx4
04-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Sweet, more data recorders for me to listen to once and never care about again. Not that they'll matter.

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Uh, wait...

Uh, oh...

(Flashback to three weeks earlier: "Don't worry, sweetie. We don't need that. We are entirely different species. I mean, we're even from different planets! There's no way it could happen."

Oh, no! o.O'

Congrats, you're going to be on the Dr. Phil Show, remember to rub his head for good luck.

Yrkul
04-29-2014, 08:57 PM
remember to rub his head for good luck.
Does it work?

Scapes
04-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Where are we at on the repairs with the latest patch?

We have a new hotfix coming in the morning.

Scapes
04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Scapes, can you confirm as to whether this new mission will come with a set of pursuits rewarding +EGO?

That's an excellent question, will chase it down.

Nefarious
04-29-2014, 09:21 PM
"It’d seem Amanda had good reason to ask if Irisa was a half-breed Irathient."

Irathient Human half breeds. I wonder if 'half breeds' from Tranquility Lane was something always within the lore of Defiance and in the works as content within the game or show. Or if this was something made up and put together stemming from a line asked on the Show.

Either way its a cool idea. Would be real deep if half breeds are illegal and they get hunted down. And that plays off of why Amanda had good reason to ask if Irisa was a half-breed Irathient.

Llewxam
04-29-2014, 09:47 PM
color me intrigued at this.

Mess7739
04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Does it work?

Hmmm.... I think it does, Dr. Phil explained how it worked but he also kept giving me wine so my memory of that night are kind of fuzzy, so much wine.

SymbolicGamer
04-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Are the other episode missions coming down or will they still be available after this is released?

Atticus Batman
04-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Are the other episode missions coming down or will they still be available after this is released?

They said, when they brought those back, that they are here permanantly.

N3gativeCr33p
04-30-2014, 05:50 AM
im hopefully optimistic, and yet the description leads me to believe we are about to go hunting for data recorders again

Data recording hunt... my third favorite type of hunt.

1. Easter egg hunt
2. Duck hunt
3. Data recording hunt

CRIXDA
04-30-2014, 06:01 AM
"Duck Hunt"?
Are those successful?
I know that the VERY successful "Schmuck Hunt" is target rich in these locales....

Ironhide
04-30-2014, 06:07 AM
"Duck Hunt"?
Are those successful?
I know that the VERY successful "Schmuck Hunt" is target rich in these locales....

Well You need a snickering dog, and the N Light Gun to be really sucessful.

N3gativeCr33p
04-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Well You need a snickering dog, and the N Light Gun to be really sucessful.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1271203/duck-hunt-dog-o.gif

CRIXDA
04-30-2014, 06:10 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110213194912/fallout/images/6/66/TL_aerial_view_color.jpg

From this Tranquility Lane? And by half-breed is that half like HALF?
Like PINT-SIZED?
Just curious?

N3gativeCr33p
04-30-2014, 06:17 AM
From this Tranquility Lane?

Fallout 3 FTW!

Smiit
04-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Sooooo excited! Hope this one is longer than the first one.

Olaf
04-30-2014, 06:53 AM

Thanks Scapes! Look forward to hearing the answer to this =)

Tsort
04-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Content! \o/

See, now that will be a reason for me to log in again (and suffer the new system long enough) to complete something. Thanks, Trion!

Please make it more that once a year :)

N3gativeCr33p
04-30-2014, 08:18 AM
See, now that will be a reason for me to log in again (and suffer the new system long enough) to complete something.

Same thing that I mentioned earlier this morning over on the Dawn Patrol site.

InfamousBrad
04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
I really wish that it hadn't taken ten months to put out the first story update since the show went on hiatus. One of my big hopes for the game was that it would carry on the show's continuity. Only updating the game's story when the show's story is also updating seems kind of backwards to me.

Also: Human/Votan crossbreeds? Really? I worried that this was the direction the show was going to go. If Votans can interbreed with other humanoid species, then why aren't, say, Casti/Irath crossbreeds already common? And that's before you even address the scientific silliness implicit in the idea that two species, of completely separate evolution, are interfertile. It makes as much sense to me as saying that sometimes dogs hump trees and that's where dogwoods come from.

And I really wish that this had come out before version 1.5, back when the combat system was actually fun, back before there were only a couple of weapons that actually do damage and before the number of enemies per encounter went from challenging to insane. Knowing that I finally get an update to the Defiance story is great. Knowing that the only way I can enjoy that story is to equip a fast-aiming, high crit damage bio-nano weapon takes away a lot of my enthusiasm. Knowing that if even one other person shows up we'll be facing four times as many enemies and will get slaughtered destroys the rest of my enthusiasm.

Lillith Valerian
04-30-2014, 09:36 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110213194912/fallout/images/6/66/TL_aerial_view_color.jpg

From this Tranquility Lane? And by half-breed is that half like HALF?
Like PINT-SIZED?
Just curious?

If you're referencing Stripe, you've got the wrong game, Clan bro.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Higgs_Village?file=Higgs_Village_interior.jpg

Scared me so bad I almost pee'd my panties. Love those games.

Creep's right, tho. F3 4 teh Winz.

Lillith Valerian
04-30-2014, 09:47 AM
We have a new hotfix coming in the morning.

Sweet, thank you!

Follow up question: The title isn't a reference to some kind of creepy May-December romance, is it? If Karl crawls out of the water to woo Rosa, I might panic and throw my Xbox through the window.

Knightmage
04-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Also: Human/Votan crossbreeds? Really? I worried that this was the direction the show was going to go. If Votans can interbreed with other humanoid species, then why aren't, say, Casti/Irath crossbreeds already common? And that's before you even address the scientific silliness implicit in the idea that two species, of completely separate evolution, are interfertile. It makes as much sense to me as saying that sometimes dogs hump trees and that's where dogwoods come from.

Hmm, I can see why they wouldn't be common. You know just has to have all conditions right for a viable embryo type of thing. I can also see how it could carry nicely over into the show, and open up a hell of a lot of secondary plot tensions.
Anyway thanks Scapes!

Bonehead
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Data recording hunt... my third favorite type of hunt.

1. Easter egg hunt
2. Duck hunt
3. Data recording hunt

What about a BUG hunt?

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/alien.jpg

N3gativeCr33p
04-30-2014, 10:40 AM
What about a BUG hunt?

Unfortunately, no... the flux capacitor in my DeLorean needs repairs. ;)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee496/JaeKar99/FluxCap.gif

Grandpa Ace
04-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Need a bit of help...I though since the ego cap was lifted, that ego was no longer attached to pursuits, one could just play and continue to reach higher ego's; is that true, or can someones ego stop again because they are not going after every pursuit goal?

Sincerely,
GPA

Scapes
04-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Quick heads-up for transparency's sake: the original copy was intended to read "the next couple weeks", not "next week" and has been corrected.

We're aiming for mid-May but late May is likely as we're first working on addressing lingering issues with threat level scaling.

Scapes
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM

Confirmed!

Bonehead
04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Quick heads-up for transparency's sake: the original copy was intended to read "the next couple weeks", not "next week" and has been corrected.

We're aiming for mid-May but late May is likely as we're first working on addressing lingering issues with threat level scaling.

Right on Scapes, Thanks for the word.

Olaf
04-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Confirmed!

Brilliant! ta very much Scapes! you and Kiwi are on a roll this week

dramaQkarri
04-30-2014, 02:14 PM

Yes please, fix scaling first!

Atticus Batman
04-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Need a bit of help...I though since the ego cap was lifted, that ego was no longer attached to pursuits, one could just play and continue to reach higher ego's; is that true, or can someones ego stop again because they are not going after every pursuit goal?

Sincerely,
GPA

Dlc5 added about 450 xp to the bar and I think that may only be if you have the paid Dlc. Not sure there. But you will still need to do pursuits to reach max ego, and yes there is an ego cap. Btw they will never remove the need to do pursuits for some ego. They beleive rewarding people with ego levels will make people want to do all the pursuits to reach max level, and to prove that they can do everything there is to offer. That's why we have pursuits, so the elite and the completionists can do them all and prove they can and DID do EVERYTHING in the game. Once you are over ego 5x the other 600ish ego doesn't matter much at the moment anyway. And once weapons get to 5500, they barely get any more damage leveling them higher. SO stop between 5k and 5500. The weapons/shields above 5500 have stunted growth cycles. Btw most pursuits are EASY. The only hard ones are usually the racing ones, the competitive mp ones and a couple rampages/hotshots, like Resevoir Chickens and Sniping Savior. Ignore those and do the rest and you should atleast get VERY close to 5k. If you have all the Dlc to do their pursuits and have done all the episode pursuits (including the removed ones) then you should be over 5k.

TrickDempsey
04-30-2014, 03:12 PM

Sincerely,
GPA

Your EGO rating is derived from:
Total EGO units earned from XP - This number maxes out at the total number of spendable EGO points. (Though, players without Arktech Revolution will be left with many unspent EGO units for each of the Arktech Revolution perks. They can still gain those points, though.)
Number of increases in weapon and vehicle skill - To reach skill 20 in each skill, they must be improved 19 times. (This caused some confusion on the forums earlier since the first point, skill 1, does not contribute to EGO rating.)
EGO rating earned from pursuits - There are a lot of these and some of them that were tied to the original episodic content rather than the replays can never be gotten again.

Prior to Arktech Revolution, there was an artificial cap of 5000 that kicked in even if your accomplishments would take you over that number. We removed that cap, and now you may achieve whatever rating you can from the items listed above. This means that new pursuits, skills, perks, and other content added to the game will constantly raise the theoretical limits.

I'm sorry if this messaging caused confusion. It's saves the trouble of saying "and the EGO cap has been raised to blah unless you missed these episodes then it is blah." From a systems standpoint, we removed the cap entirely.

BJWyler
04-30-2014, 03:13 PM

Glad that got cleared up, because when I first read it, I had to shut down my computer and go take a valium.

Olaf
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Your EGO rating is derived from:
Total EGO units earned from XP - This number maxes out at the total number of spendable EGO points. (Though, players without Arktech Revolution will be left with many unspent EGO units for each of the Arktech Revolution perks. They can still gain those points, though.)
Number of increases in weapon and vehicle skill - To reach skill 20 in each skill, they must be improved 19 times. (This caused some confusion on the forums earlier since the first point, skill 1, does not contribute to EGO rating.)
EGO rating earned from pursuits - There are a lot of these and some of them that were tied to the original episodic content rather than the replays can never be gotten again.

Prior to Arktech Revolution, there was an artificial cap of 5000 that kicked in even if your accomplishments would take you over that number. We removed that cap, and now you may achieve whatever rating you can from the items listed above. This means that new pursuits, skills, perks, and other content added to the game will constantly raise the theoretical limits.

I'm sorry if this messaging caused confusion. It's saves the trouble of saying "and the EGO cap has been raised to blah unless you missed these episodes then it is blah." From a systems standpoint, we removed the cap entirely.

Mr Dempsey, can you please confirm/deny as to whether the removed pursuits will be added back to the game for a short period of time for those who may have missed them (as they are new player to the game) or because they forgot todo 1? It's currently preventing alot of us from hitting the MAX ego possible as of current.

CM Kiwibird
04-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Mr Dempsey, can you please confirm/deny as to whether the removed pursuits will be added back to the game for a short period of time for those who may have missed them (as they are new player to the game) or because they forgot todo 1? It's currently preventing alot of us from hitting the MAX ego possible as of current.

http://i.imgur.com/P5Mw68H.gif

I think that they aren't going to be added back. I can ask around to completely confirm, though.

Error404
04-30-2014, 06:31 PM

I think that they aren't going to be added back. I can ask around to completely confirm, though.

Whilst I can understand this as a concept, it does little for the in game economy, with players like myself completely unable to trade with even veterans of the game because I pull guns with 5 ego higher than they can achieve...

DSW
04-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Whilst I can understand this as a concept, it does little for the in game economy, with players like myself completely unable to trade with even veterans of the game because I pull guns with 5 ego higher than they can achieve...

we had it before ego cap lift, so what? not everyone was able to do Echelon pursuits and limited to sub5K ego. for me it was 4946, because grinding for last 54 points was more of pain than reward.

Error404
04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
we had it before ego cap lift, so what? not everyone was able to do Echelon pursuits and limited to sub5K ego. for me it was 4946, because grinding for last 54 points was more of pain than reward.

Originally, I could at least trade with anyone at 5k as I was hardcapped. Now, I can literaly outlevel 90% of the community making my gear near pointless to trade.

Unbalancing the economy, however uneven it is already is, is a big deal.

Iceberg
04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Even if those pursuits were not added back, can they at least be shown in the menu so players who did do them can accurate count their ego levels without trying to think of which pursuits they forgot to do from the original episode pursuit that are now no longer even shown.

DSW
04-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Originally, I could at least trade with anyone at 5k as I was hardcapped. Now, I can literaly outlevel 90% of the community making my gear near pointless to trade.

Unbalancing the economy, however uneven it is already is, is a big deal.

it was always a problem for high-ego. i doubt you'll be one-of-a-kind, but usually the higher you get, the less you need.
sometimes i vendored/salvaged oranges that could be of a great use to someone below 4K, but worthless for 5Ks.

maybe the solution would be to add 'Degrade Weapon' button, with x2 cost to Upgrade but dropping it, well, by 500 points.

Even if those pursuits were not added back, can they at least be shown in the menu so players who did do them can accurate count their ego levels without trying to think of which pursuits they forgot to do from the original episode pursuit that are now no longer even shown.

that would be of interest to newcomers, to see by how much they offset from day-1 players.

CRIXDA
04-30-2014, 07:58 PM
"Let It Whip" by The Dazz Band For The Win!
Anyone who can get into that song has issues.....
And what makes You so "Infamous", Brad?
Okay, I need to stop with the painkilllers before bedtime here - so the crossover content is not going to be like some DLC stuff but more like the game tie-in stuff?
This is screwey.
Since Kiwi Babe, Scapes and Trick are all hanging around here, I want to see if We can get a rough idea of how much content season 2 will bring us.
I know that this isn't like the DLC Season 2 but rather the beginning of season 2.
So how about it?

Chump Norris
04-30-2014, 08:58 PM

Thanks Kiwi. I hope you are right and we get them back *fingers crossed*

Scapes
04-30-2014, 10:11 PM
so the crossover content is not going to be like some DLC stuff but more like the game tie-in stuff?

Correct, Cradle to Grave is just the start and it will free to all players.

Atticus Batman
05-01-2014, 02:52 AM

All MMos have limited time content. They did say from the beginning that the episodic content pursuits were only around for a limited time. If you didn't do them that is your problem. They should stay gone. And Trion should be allowed to do limited time items/pursuits/content like every other online game. Heck even Mass Effect had special missions for Mp. They had different objectives, and if you didn't do them you lost out on a special item box, and when they added banners, you also lost out on special banners if you didn't do the missions while they were around. There is nothing wrong with having limited time events with limited time pursuits with rewards/ego that you can only get at that time.

Now that you know that, be smart enough to do the Season 2 episodic/crossover content, the week it is added (like you were supposed to with the season one episodics when they were first added), to make sure you get the ego/rewards just in case it is also only around for a week or so, like season one's was, before they brought it back for good with replay pursuits for it.

Chump Norris
05-01-2014, 03:14 AM
All MMos have limited time content. They did say from the beginning that the episodic content pursuits were only around for a limited time. If you didn't do them that is your problem. They should stay gone. And Trion should be allowed to do limited time items/pursuits/content like every other online game. Heck even Mass Effect had special missions for Mp. They had different objectives, and if you didn't do them you lost out on a special item box, and when they added banners, you also lost out on special banners if you didn't do the missions while they were around. There is nothing wrong with having limited time events with limited time pursuits with rewards/ego that you can only get at that time.

Now that you know that, be smart enough to do the Season 2 episodic/crossover content, the week it is added (like you were supposed to with the season one episodics when they were first added), to make sure you get the ego/rewards just in case it is also only around for a week or so, like season one's was, before they brought it back for good with replay pursuits for it.

I can agree with items being limited but I have never played an MMO that did it with your level. I dont think peoples level (EGO) should be limited because they werent around in time.

Etaew
05-01-2014, 03:17 AM
I can agree with items being limited but I have never played an MMO that did it with your level. I dont think peoples level (EGO) should be limited because they werent around in time.

Yeah but then in other games your achievements don't determine your level, Defiance is an odd child.

Atticus Batman
05-01-2014, 03:37 AM

People above 5500 shouldn't be punished with marginal damage/shield capacity increases to their gear either, but they are. Here's some advice do not worry about getting above 5500, because after that you are looking at a whole 4 points added to damage/shield cap for every 100 ego it is raised above 5500.

Chump Norris
05-01-2014, 03:59 AM
Yeah but then in other games your achievements don't determine your level, Defiance is an odd child.

Yes Defiance really is an odd one :)

People above 5500 shouldn't be punished with marginal damage/shield capacity increases to their gear either, but they are. Here's some advice do not worry about getting above 5500, because after that you are looking at a whole 4 points added to damage/shield cap for every 100 ego it is raised above 5500.

I also agree they people over 5500 EGO shouldnt be punished but the people who start late or missed an event shouldnt be punished either. I would totally understand if the outfits were limited time only (I even had to go back and get one) but to limit EGO is stupid makes no sense to me. I guess we will have to wait for Kiwi to let us know where we stand on the pursuits and see what happens.

Atticus Batman
05-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Yes Defiance really is an odd one :)

I also agree they people over 5500 EGO shouldnt be punished but the people who start late or missed an event shouldnt be punished either. I would totally understand if the outfits were limited time only (I even had to go back and get one) but to limit EGO is stupid makes no sense to me. I guess we will have to wait for Kiwi to let us know where we stand on the pursuits and see what happens.

Although I do get where you are coming from, I feel that if they do bring those back for all the people who didn't get them, then those who DID do them during the limited time should be given a special title or outfit for (compensation) achieving those pursuits at that limited time.

I would be fine with a re-skin of the Infiltrator's outfit and helmet (black would be preferable, but I would even settle for white, or maybe even Blue and Black plaid (http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/ashleydream/sm2/302645.jpg), yes I am serious, a blue and black plaid infiltrator outfit would be unique and maybe even cool!)! Or if the Title was just something like "Secret Achiever" Or "Secret Squirrel"!

Olaf
05-01-2014, 06:11 AM

Thanks for your very well informed post, however I have to disagree. If it was just a pointless title or 'banner' or pointless lockbox I wouldn't give a toot about it but the fact it afffects such a CORE aspect of the game (our ego level) I do not believe they should be removed forever and never make a return. I did all of the episode pursuits (16/16) and I did all of the removed pursuits EXCEPT the Most Wanted Competitor one... Why I missed it I have no idea as usually I am very good at completing pursuits within a certain timeframe... Believe me I wont be making the same mistake twice. I just dont think its fair that newcomers and older veterans who may have missed a specific pursuit because they had commitments in real life should be penalised, like I said if it was something meaningless like a lockbox or title then it wouldnt be an issue but its not, its something fundamental to the game. Now players who's items are 5 or more ego higher due to finishing all the pursuits will not beable to trade with people who missed a certain pursuit, it will also stop them from upgrading their guns that final ego level because they are missing 5 ego ??? Just gets on my nerves. I wont go on about this as its obvious from the few responses we have had that we are sh!t out of luck. All I can do is learn from my mistake and make sure it will never happen again.

CRIXDA
05-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Oh Batmin,
You are a "Secret Squirell" alright.

ironcladtrash
05-01-2014, 09:00 AM

They brought back the replays since people were bummed out they didn't get the med tech buggy the first time around. Wouldn't be surprised if they bring these missing pursuits back too.

SteveQ
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Oooh exciting.

Iceberg
05-01-2014, 10:15 AM
So instead of being a badass ark hunter, I am now going to be turned into some first year med student working for Dr. House??

CM Kiwibird
05-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks Kiwi. I hope you are right and we get them back *fingers crossed*

Oh no, I said that they aren't going to be added back. I'm sorry for the confusion, Norris.

I was able to confirm. Aside from the Replay, we aren't planning on the pursuits returning.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Defiance is an odd child.

I think that's why I like it. We have something in common.

Chump Norris
05-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh no, I said that they aren't going to be added back. I'm sorry for the confusion, Norris.

I was able to confirm. Aside from the Replay, we aren't planning on the pursuits returning.

Ahh I misread. Well thats a shame. The outfits and buggy should have been the limited time not something that actually changes the game (even if its a few points on weps/shields).

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 07:53 AM
This type of thing happens often in F2P games, so now we know why it happened with Defiance.

Yes some of us got extra ego from now non-existante pursuits, but they didn't expect most of us with those extra ego to stick around for a full year of beta that we unknowingly paid to participate in, and now they will be going free to play. They expect the rest of us old timers to move on and forget about it, or to start shelling out more money in the bit store on crap that is WAY too over-priced!

N3gativeCr33p
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Yes some of us got extra ego from now non-existent pursuits, but they didn't expect most of us with those extra ego to stick around for a full year of beta that we unknowingly paid to participate in, and now they will be going free to play. They expect the rest of us old timers to move on and forget about it, or to start shelling out more money in the bit store on crap that is WAY too over-priced!

At the moment, I'm leaning more towards the "move on and forget about it" choice. ;)

Raiithe
05-07-2014, 05:26 PM
So what is the ETA for this?

Or have i missed it?

The article does say it will be 'coming to Defiance next week and will be available free to all players' dated the 29/4.

Holy Bahamut3
05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
At the moment, I'm leaning more towards the "move on and forget about it" choice. ;)

I think most of us "Daredevils" are.

Combo Breaker
05-08-2014, 05:25 AM
So what is the ETA for this?

Or have i missed it?

The article does say it will be 'coming to Defiance next week and will be available free to all players' dated the 29/4.

Wondering about this as well. It is next week now. Maybe it will appear today or tomorrow.

Pandur
05-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Wondering about this as well. It is next week now. Maybe it will appear today or tomorrow.

Well the OP now reads next couple of weeks. You know Typos and all.

Combo Breaker
05-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Well the OP now reads next couple of weeks. You know Typos and all.

WOOOOOW. They changed it this morning. I made sure and read it again this morning. In the 2 hours between my posts they changed both the original post and the link in it.

Rokea
05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
I was thinking it isn't coming out till it gets closer to the shows season premiere (which makes sense being as its cross over content) Cant wait to hunt down 4 new data recorders

Olaf
05-09-2014, 03:00 AM
I was thinking it isn't coming out till it gets closer to the shows season premiere (which makes sense being as its cross over content) Cant wait to hunt down 4 new data recorders

I will be severely disappointed if we do not get atleast 4 new data recorders. I love spending my days hunting these data recorders and feel it gives us players alot more reason to stay and keep playing, ya'kno, data recorder huntin an all... When I initially saw Defiance for sale and saw they would be doing crossover content and weekly episode missions it played a big part in me getting the game... Glad I did, or my life would feel incomplete without these amazing data recorders full of amazing content each week. May I make a recommendation Trion, please add some Rick Astley music to the end of each data recorder.

Quebra Regra
05-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I will be severely disappointed if we do not get atleast 4 new data recorders. I love spending my days hunting these data recorders and feel it gives us players alot more reason to stay and keep playing, ya'kno, data recorder huntin an all... When I initially saw Defiance for sale and saw they would be doing crossover content and weekly episode missions it played a big part in me getting the game... Glad I did, or my life would feel incomplete without these amazing data recorders full of amazing content each week. May I make a recommendation Trion, please add some Rick Astley music to the end of each data recorder.

Classic!
http://media2.giphy.com/media/fRB9j0KCRe0KY/giphy.gif

Pandur
05-09-2014, 04:31 PM

ya can't miss out on that amazening voice acting. It's like every Data Recorder is like a new story it's so thrilling.
Seriously it's as exceting as the paper chases when i was 3 years old.

viced998
05-10-2014, 04:17 AM
WOOOOOW. They changed it this morning. I made sure and read it again this morning. In the 2 hours between my posts they changed both the original post and the link in it.

The Cradle to grave should be available this week. They did change the line above but not the line at the end.

Proof:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/10.05.14/claeh9krpmwd.png (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-23150386/Screenshot_3.png.html)

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 12:41 AM
ya can't miss out on that amazening voice acting. It's like every Data Recorder is like a new story it's so thrilling.
Seriously it's as exceting as the paper chases when i was 3 years old.

To be fair, that's pretty exciting when your three.

Pandur
05-11-2014, 03:01 AM
To be fair, that's pretty exciting when your three.

True, maybe I'm just misinterpreting the target audience for data recorders.

Atticus Batman
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
True, maybe I'm just misinterpreting the target audience for data recorders.

Recorders should NEVER be the main part of Episodic or Dlc missions. I get people like lore, but that content should add actual missions and cutscenes. If they want to scatter a few new recorders across the world with a pursuit for finding them as a bonus to the new missionline, then that Iis fine. I will even find them myself. I like the lore but adding new content should add more than recorders. Honestly with how little lore is in game, they should be adding a few recorders a month just to give us a way to learn more about the world around us (Our Arkhunter). BUT they should NOT give us recorders and call that meaningful content, unless it accompanies a good storyline, but is NOT a required part of that storyline.

Olaf
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Classic!
http://media2.giphy.com/media/fRB9j0KCRe0KY/giphy.gif

lol rick astley needs to b added to these data recorders, atleast it would feel like a good troll then =)

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Recorders should NEVER be the main part of Episodic or Dlc missions. I get people like lore, but that content should add actual missions and cutscenes. If they want to scatter a few new recorders across the world with a pursuit for finding them as a bonus to the new missionline, then that Iis fine. I will even find them myself. I like the lore but adding new content should add more than recorders. Honestly with how little lore is in game, they should be adding a few recorders a month just to give us a way to learn more about the world around us (Our Arkhunter). BUT they should NOT give us recorders and call that meaningful content, unless it accompanies a good storyline, but is NOT a required part of that storyline.

I don't disagree B Man but remember we're talking Trion and Defiance here not Gearbox and Borderlands.

Atticus Batman
05-11-2014, 11:56 PM
I don't disagree B Man but remember we're talking Trion and Defiance here not Gearbox and Borderlands.

Gearbox NEEDS to add recorders to tell us some of the backstory on Gaige and Krieg though! They are the only ones without any!

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah more storyline!

Daily contracts and rushing around for arkfalls and sieges gets old and grinding...

EDIT: Wait, what? It's just data recorders and not a new storyline mission across the Bay area?

Say it ain't so...

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah more storyline!

Daily contracts and rushing around for arkfalls and sieges gets old and grinding...

EDIT: Wait, what? It's just data recorders and not a new storyline mission across the Bay area?

Say it ain't so...

Ummm, it ain't so?

Atticus Batman
05-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Yeah more storyline!

Say it ain't so...

It's just another episodic mission. One of those on your map with a star. They are never that long and always have atleast a couple recorders that you need to pick up.

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 02:43 PM
It's just another episodic mission. One of those on your map with a star. They are never that long and always have atleast a couple recorders that you need to pick up.

Yeah, the title of the subject is a Storyline which would entail a series of about 10 to 20 missions which would pop up in sequence along the map; like the main one or the Nolan event that gets you an AR-216 Gladiator and had several star map pointers. If it's just a single exclamation point mission with a few recorders and one fight scene and cut scene (what people were hinting at) that would be extremely disappointing.

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Hmm, "CRADLE TO THE GRAVE" as a title? Is this some thinly veiled suggestion of the pending future of the DEFIANCE game in general?

Perhaps the subtitle should be: "the story of how the DEFIANCE game finally failed"?

It's up to TRION, win or lose... I wouldn't want to place any bets on "win". :(

l Krazey Ivan l
05-13-2014, 03:20 PM
so when is the new episode mission coming out according to the post dated 29/4/14 it said next week so it should have been out last week but I never saw it on my map so have I missed it or is it not out yet?

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Hmm, "CRADLE TO THE GRAVE" as a title? Is this some thinly veiled suggestion of the pending future of the DEFIANCE game in general?

Perhaps the subtitle should be: "the story of how the DEFIANCE game finally failed"?

It's up to TRION, win or lose... I wouldn't want to place any bets on "win". :(

Why so negative?

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Why so negative?

History...

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Why so negative?

Yes, I see it's becoming a problem for me. :(

Every once in a while there's a glimmer of hope for this game, immediately followed by a deluge of @!*#&^%, and then an absence of any real issue being addressed by TRION.

Methinks it's time for a holiday.... :(

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 03:37 PM
I started about April 16th so have not reached EGO 1000 on the jaded scale ... yet.

Pandur
05-14-2014, 06:22 AM
Yeah, the title of the subject is a Storyline which would entail a series of about 10 to 20 missions which would pop up in sequence along the map; like the main one or the Nolan event that gets you an AR-216 Gladiator and had several star map pointers.

Ahhh to be young(I should say low ego lol) and naive again :D.

CRIXDA
05-14-2014, 06:45 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/11oWiSWfmUacQ8/giphy.gif

"I remember when I was a young Arkhunter.......uh.......young.....idealist....... .uh......I came to the 'Territories lookin' for my place in the world.......all's I found was hellbugs, 'n niners and blood.......I scabbled out a livin' though.....yeah I did, sure as spit......uh.....then the crossovers started....uh......a lotta new folks commin' round, askin for this-n-that......and them we could handle......uh...till these dlc sorts come up......some was active.....some was just fancy outfits.....but I kept pluggin' along, I did.....uh.....now they reckon to dig a hole and lay an Ole Arkhunter in it......uh.....I served my hitchin the EMC, done two tours and was awarded for valor......look what it gets me?........pushed in a hole by some pencil-pushers that I came out her to get shed of!...........uh.......spare some scrip for an ole Arkhunter, wouldja?...it's about time for me ta be goin......"
http://media.giphy.com/media/11oWiSWfmUacQ8/giphy.gif

Chocolatelover67
05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
I really like this cross breed idea since that's the story I made up in my head for my game character. I didn't like the official one so my game character is half human half castithan

Littleweasel
05-14-2014, 12:24 PM
wondering when will this be launching?
in the blog that was posted on april 29/14 it said it was coming next week but it has now been 2 weeks and still no news on when its coming?

Manstan
05-14-2014, 12:41 PM
datarecorders :rolleyes:

Nefarious
05-14-2014, 05:29 PM
When I was at Happy Pow Farms one of the Farm hands said a dialog.

"Sounds like the Cradle is a safe bet."

I didn't pay no mind to it, I just thought it was interesting. Then a few days later (today) I decided to go back because who knows what else they might say. They didn't mention "The Cradle" or say that line again. But I have noticed that the dialogs for those NPCs have changed over the course of time throughout the life of the game.

Chocolatelover67
05-14-2014, 10:32 PM
datarecorders :rolleyes:

Boooooo.

I just wish there was more of a reward for finding them

Pandur
05-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Hmmmm, why does this not seem to be stickied anymore ? Do i need to get my tinfoil hat ?

CRIXDA
05-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Hmmmm, why does this not seem to be stickied anymore ? Do i need to get my tinfoil hat ?

Yeap.
Wanna know why I say that? Because You look friggin' awesome in it.

Chump Norris
05-15-2014, 04:25 AM

It is interesting that "Defiance Arktech Revolution DLC Out Now" is still a sticky but this isnt.

Tsort
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM

Oh look what I found! A nice thread about new crossover content. It was about to drop to page 3! This is exciting.

[manual sticky mode activated]

Mayday
07-03-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm totally thrilled with any new content, but I'm still upset at the fact that season four's Monterey content is STILL a one-off. How can you release new content and not make it replayable? So if this new content is going to be like Monterey.....thanks but no thanks.

Apologies....didn't see the date...but the above statement holds true. I'm seriously miffed about Season 4.

barbelhunter
07-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Great news, Not sure if it's possible but please make it a dlc, I can't afford bit boxes but will buy a dlc on release and it will help development costs. :)