PDA

View Full Version : Knockdown, thrown back and extracted, oh my!

3rdpig
04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
So while trying patiently to complete Dark Matter Disguise last night I finally got fed up. Not only did it fail to complete twice, but the constant knockdowns that tossed me completely off the damn island and into the water became absurd. I must have gotten knocked into the water and had to swim out to extract at least a dozen times. Now, if I'm close to edge it's my fault, but it happened from a good distance away most of the time.

At the end there was NO PLACE I could stand without a chance of getting tossed into the water.

C'mon Trion, does EVERY enemy in the game have to be able to knock me 20 feet? Did you think this through at all before implementing it?

Yea, yea, "working as intended", "more satisfying", blah, blah, blah.

Trion, how about coming up with some real fixes for this disaster you've created?

Manstan
04-30-2014, 10:23 AM
So while trying patiently to complete Dark Matter Disguise last night I finally got fed up. Not only did it fail to complete twice, but the constant knockdowns that tossed me completely off the damn island and into the water became absurd. I must have gotten knocked into the water and had to swim out to extract at least a dozen times. Now, if I'm close to edge it's my fault, but it happened from a good distance away most of the time.

At the end there was NO PLACE I could stand without a chance of getting tossed into the water.

C'mon Trion, does EVERY enemy in the game have to be able to knock me 20 feet? Did you think this through at all before implementing it?

Yea, yea, "working as intended", "more satisfying", blah, blah, blah.

Trion, how about coming up with some real fixes for this disaster you've created?

Been there done that; just yesterday lol Damn darkmatter sniper shot me off that back path and back in to the water 4 times trying to get back to the end area, after having been blown in to the water the first time.

Now this is one of my pet peeves with this game. Getting knocked in to the water, or just ending up there, more often then not requires an extraction. first game I have played with lots of water and no easy way back out. Most of the time the only way out is to swim out and drown, because you can't find a place to climb out.