PDA

View Full Version : How many people in one game for Xbox?

bLiNdSnIpErZ20
01-30-2013, 08:42 AM
I know the trailer says like a thousand people, but I I'm pretty sure it was showing off the PC version. I can understand that many people on the PC, but the most people I've ever seen in a multiplayer game on the Xbox was 32 people(Homefront). Bf3 has 24 people on the Xbox and like 64 on the PC. I have a feeling that the console version of Defiance is going to get cut down a lot.

bobalobabingbong
01-30-2013, 08:44 AM
It has been said by Trion that it will be same as PC.

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
PSU could handle 1,000s and that game is a lot older.

CReaper210
01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
I remember playing a game called Phantasy Star Universe where there were hundreds(maybe thousands, I'm not sure) of people all in one server. I also saw a post from Erik that said there will be A LOT of people playing on the same server, but he didn't specify how much.

Krazee DD
01-30-2013, 09:30 AM
I remember playing a game called Phantasy Star Universe where there were hundreds(maybe thousands, I'm not sure) of people all in one server. I also saw a post from Erik that said there will be A LOT of people playing on the same server, but he didn't specify how much.

PSU was awesome.

Im waiting on official official word ha.

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
I also believe in one of the live streams, she said that the game can handle 1,000s of players, with all platforms being just as capable as one or the other.

Sarcon
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
unless if im mistaken i believe it was said the 2 consoles and PC will be on a shared megaserver and connect to large shards together (as far as shard size *shrug* but its gonna be large). my point being you will likely have PC,PS3,Xbox players all mingled together.

Tat2uze
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm curious about this as well. Will people always be in the world or only when que'd for events and such?

Krazee DD
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
unless if im mistaken i believe it was said the 2 consoles and PC will be on a shared megaserver and connect to large shards together (as far as shard size *shrug* but its gonna be large). my point being you will likely have PC,PS3,Xbox players all mingled together.

That feature was taken out.

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
unless if im mistaken i believe it was said the 2 consoles and PC will be on a shared megaserver and connect to large shards together (as far as shard size *shrug* but its gonna be large). my point being you will likely have PC,PS3,Xbox players all mingled together.Nope, all because the consoles don't want to play nice with each other.

furious123uk
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
i hope its thousands if not then 2 me for consoles its not an mmo

Aaricane
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't think we console gamers will be disappointed by the player number.....

furious123uk
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
i hope not as i do have high expectations 4 this game so far

bLiNdSnIpErZ20
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
i hope not as i do have high expectations 4 this game so far

Ya me too. I just found out about this game a couple of days ago and it looks sweet. I'm going to wait for the Xbox beta before I put down $100 for this game. I clicked that I was interested in the Xbox beta when I signed up for the site so hopefully I will get in.

Dead_Phoenix
01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Offical word did say what they talk about is the same across all platforms wether it be console or pc. so what you heard will stand for all.

you have to remember an mmo does not work in the same as a standard FPS. when your playing BF or COD the map and game will render every player within the arena so 18 people, high res what there doing weapons etc etc which is alot of work, hence why you dont get so many.

An mmo however will not handle every player witin the server. only who is within you "draw distance". ever seen it in game when looking very far in the distance and see a tree or a shrub suddenly "Pop" into view. thats the drawdistance to which the game renders that object/player.

Now altho defiance will probly have a vast draw distance at anyone stage you probly wont have to handle more then a hand full of other players. take shadow war for example. 96 players. how ever the more player that play the more points are added spreading players out making it easyier for the console to handle. if every single one of the 96 players congrigated on a single point it would lag to hell, or give you terrible pop in (players suddenly appearing naked or right in front of you)

So the only thing you have to worry about is the server quality on how fast it transmits you the data of whats around you.

Vuule
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
The only thing I'm worried about on console, is the number of players that are going to play this and keep playing.