PDA

View Full Version : Syphon Needs a Nerf!

ConcreteSnake
04-30-2014, 11:55 PM
.....because I am ripping stuff up with it. This is a little thread for all the syphon lovers out there.

I recently picked up a nice vbi assault rifle with syphon and cannoneer synergy. This thing works awesome, shedding right through enemies and its like healing my self with a BMG at the same time! I can state into the face if danger with no fear slaughtering all who stand before me. I've equipped the 2 offensive syphon perks and am loving it.

Side Note: Great job with the newest (1.505) patch and the nano balancing. While some may say it still needs work, I think they're on the right path.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 12:24 AM
I am loving the dark matter arkfalls now too. I'll have to give syphon a try soon now and I totally agree they are on the right track.

drackiller
05-01-2014, 12:26 AM
I think that people should abstain themselves of making comments like this one even if meant in a good way...
Devs will always read things the bad way.
I also need to check syphon again, i stoped using them after the "dlc".

cary2010haha
05-01-2014, 12:28 AM
i don't feel the syphon have change in 1.505, they just lower the enemy's health, so if you feel your syphon kills faster then before, other nano also

syphon still the suckest nano at now

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 12:35 AM
i don't feel the syphon have change in 1.505, they just lower the enemy's health, so if you feel your syphon kills faster then before, other nano also

syphon still the suckest nano at now

um it was good before today. I've loved it since 1.5. I can stand there and take massive amounts of damage as long as I'm hitting something. People are saying it needs a buff and I'm saying you have to know how to use it. Its a great and currently underrated nano.

cary2010haha
05-01-2014, 12:39 AM
um it was good before today. I've loved it since 1.5. I can stand there and take massive amounts of damage as long as I'm hitting something. People are saying it needs a buff and I'm saying you have to know how to use it. Its a great and currently underrated nano.

this game is too easy, even before 1.505 you don't need syphon to keep you alive, and use syphon just reduce damage output in your team.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486696665364830334/AE4AFF3236BCC14B9CE80274D24F6FAE3EA68784/

duction
05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Use a syphon gun in pvp and tell me it needs a nerf, syphon has become useless, they have ruined it.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Use a syphon gun in pvp and tell me it needs a nerf, syphon has become useless, they have ruined it.

syphon doesn't need a Nerf, the title is a joke. I was looking for people to comment on how much they like it, because I have been enjoying it since dlc5

Quebra Regra
05-01-2014, 08:21 AM
syphon doesn't need a Nerf, the title is a joke. I was looking for people to comment on how much they like it, because I have been enjoying it since dlc5

i guess I missed the joke... syphon sucks now.

bigguy
05-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Does anyone use thier brain?...Syphon just took a huge nerf in the original dlc the biggest nerf of all the nanos thats why it was changed to proc constantly. The reason why you are tearing through stuff is the enemies took a nerf yesterday , anyone with a high ego and high ego weps will tear through anything with any nano now.
Presently syphon has the lowest damage of any weapon nano and you are trying to get them to nerf it again? Two nerfs in three weeks?
Maybe you should use a different weapon if things are too easy for you , low egos are still having trouble and could probably use the help that syphon would give them but you just keep thinking about yourself thats ok.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
i guess I missed the joke... syphon sucks now.

omg guys, c'mon its amazing on full autoweapons

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Does anyone use thier brain?...Syphon just took a huge nerf in the original dlc the biggest nerf of all the nanos thats why it was changed to proc constantly. The reason why you are tearing through stuff is the enemies took a nerf yesterday , anyone with a high ego and high ego weps will tear through anything with any nano now.
Presently syphon has the lowest damage of any weapon nano and you are trying to get them to nerf it again? Two nerfs in three weeks?
Maybe you should use a different weapon if things are too easy for you , low egos are still having trouble and could probably use the help that syphon would give them but you just keep thinking about yourself thats ok.

man just a bunch on complainers on here. I guess I should left the stuff out about 1.505 because I think syphon is AWESOME SINCE DLC5 LAUNCHED. It does do the lowest card damage which is made up by the huge proc damage it does, and the constant life leech. Its not the worst nano, its just a different nano now.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 09:19 AM
TITLE IS A JOKE! CANT ANYONE HAVE FUN ANYMORE? Hit me with one of those funny gifs.

I'm here trying to say I like the changes made to syphon nano and all I get is everyone putting me down? Wow great job community, would you kindly take your complaining somewhere else? You're harshing my mellow.

duction
05-01-2014, 09:22 AM
You get heal back every shot but the damage proc DOESNT proc very often at all.

eaglepowers
05-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Snake, I think you're missing the point. The biggest problem w/ syphon now is how much worse it is compared to what it use to be. Sure now it has a different roll and is usable for that roll but you need to remember it use to be the best nano by far. It did the most damage and kept you alive. Now it does the least amount of damage and helps w/ your health.

Those of us who have a prize collection of syphon weapons got dumped on in patch 1.5. Me like many others scrapped out non syphon weapons prior to the patch.

It's not a big deal to me. Game changes are interesting and I roll with the punches but it does seem a little unfair and I get why people are sensitive and pissed.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Snake, I think you're missing the point. The biggest problem w/ syphon now is how much worse it is compared to what it use to be. Sure now it has a different roll and is usable for that roll but you need to remember it use to be the best nano by far. It did the most damage and kept you alive. Now it does the least amount of damage and helps w/ your health.

Those of us who have a prize collection of syphon weapons got dumped on in patch 1.5. Me like many others scrapped out non syphon weapons prior to the patch.

It's not a big deal to me. Game changes are interesting and I roll with the punches but it does seem a little unfair and I get why people are sensitive and pissed.

what about electric? Its useless to me now. So they took the OP nano, syphon, and balanced it, seems fair to me.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 10:30 AM
You get heal back every shot but the damage proc DOESNT proc very often at all.

procs an average of 5 times in my 45 shot clip

eaglepowers
05-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Electric is awesome against volge shields, try it with the perk. My load out for volge is electric/fire wolf w/ a perk for each nano.

I personally don't bother w/ syphon anymore, it's too nerfed for my taste. If I need to stay alive I play tactically and when I want to score high I use every other nano.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Electric is awesome against volge shields, try it with the perk. My load out for volge is electric/fire wolf w/ a perk for each nano.

I personally don't bother w/ syphon anymore, it's too nerfed for my taste. If I need to stay alive I play tactically and when I want to score high I use every other nano.

exactly, it comes down to preference. When I use syphon, I don't need to hide or dodge, just shoot. Everybody is complaining about syphon because the card damage number. The difference in my vbi fire and syphon is about 500 card damage per bullet, but when it price it does more damage that a single bullet and it happens all the time. If this patch has taught me anything, its that numbers DO NOT matter. Play with the gun/nano and see how it fairs. I just keep hearing too many people whining about it instead of using it as is intended.

Nefarious
05-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Syphon is good as is. Its what I use. The right perks, right weapon, right synergy makes syphon a beast. Get yourself a set of Nano-Mastery synergy guns and 1 with Syphon along with nano proc perks and it really does shine.

Any old syphon gun by itself is crap. Get a good gun that works well with syphon and perks to help benefit from it and it is arguably the best imo. That nano proc off and the life leech makes up for the lack of dmg.

Its not a common thing. Its probably the only thing in Defiance that actually has to be built upon to be great.

Daimian
05-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Every weapon has its time and place, for the first time ever I have found syphon not only useful but at times near mandatory.
Lower damage? maybe... but..
when running an instance I sometimes find my team dropping like flies and losing ground fast, now I can play tank and take the heat off, spending more time pounding away rather than run'n'heal thus freeing up the other three team mates to fight more strategically, serious game changer.
But it does not make you a god, know thy limits and break up the masses before its a sea of red dots on top of you.

As for the fear of disgruntled devs due to negative comments..
LOL
Every DLC launch is broken the first few week, starting with crippling lag and disconnects but this is eventually followed by a tuning process that leaves most quite happy, yet knowing this the thin skinned ones can't help but jump in right away anyway and the complaints spew forth.
I believe Devs expect this and do not get butt hurt over it, in fact they may actually depend on the complaints.
Reminds me of my little ones trying to yank my heart strings to stay up late even though they are already over by 3 hours, love'em but sorry no sympathy, they'll get over it.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
TITLE IS A JOKE! CANT ANYONE HAVE FUN ANYMORE? Hit me with one of those funny gifs.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/short_zpsea886ce4.gif

MadMoxxiFavGun
05-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Im sorry but syphon still sucks. It is truly sad my triple dmg Frontier Battle Rifle "the heavy" flat out is poop. no reason to use it at all. I just got a real nice poop shoe vot pulsar and it rips it way better than it everywhere. i dont even switch guns when i strip armor with it cause its doing so much dmg.

Nefarious
05-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't have a problem with syphon with my set up. Im ripping through everything.

Its a slippery slope with the idea of buffing syphon. Don't do it Trion.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 12:35 PM
My opinion only here but after playing with a syphon smg last night with a toon @700 ego it seemed to work fine on any enemy that shock would work on. No syphon perks equipped, just a full set of green mods and it was fine.
I wouldn't use it on hellbugs but on 99ers and dark matter it was fine.

Deunan
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM
TITLE IS A JOKE! CANT ANYONE HAVE FUN ANYMORE?Yeah that kind of backfired on you didn't it? :) Sarcasm is often missed when expressed in text format.

Hit me with one of those funny gifs.

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-budgie-bird-running-round-cup-animated-gif-pics.gif

ironcladtrash
05-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Yeah that kind of backfired on you didn't it? :) Sarcasm is often missed when expressed in text format.

Poe's law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

We really need a sarcasm font.

His Divine Shadow
05-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Expecting forum users to unerstand sarcasm?? shame on you sir.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Here is what I'm using starting at patch 1.502

5570 vbi assault rifle
syphon!
cannoneer
XP: x0.85 reload
x1.05 mag
x1.03 fire rate
-0.20 recoil
10% ego on full reload
x1.10 dmg

now I may be biased due to using overcharge all the time thanks to ego on reload and cannoneer getting that proc chance on reload, but this is an amazing tank weapon. You can stay out in the open just pouring bullets into an enemy and not worry about going down very often.

ConcreteSnake
05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Expecting forum users to unerstand sarcasm?? shame on you sir.

yeah, I don't think some people even read my actual post. Just say the title and wanted to add their 2 cents. Pretty much every nano got a Nerf in one way or another, except bio, which was one of the least favorite nanos previous to 1.5 patch. All nanos are situational now and syphon serves a survival/tank purpose, it does better than fire on shields and better than electric on health. Its an all around good nano and one of the only ways to balance it was to decrease the overall damage.

Mess7739
05-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Poe's law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

We really need a sarcasm font.

I agree, I started reading the OP and got curious to try the new syphon perks, I understood what the OP meant by the context but as I kept reading I got sad from all the negativity.

eaglepowers
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Here is what I'm using starting at patch 1.502

5570 vbi assault rifle
syphon!
cannoneer
XP: x0.85 reload
x1.05 mag
x1.03 fire rate
-0.20 recoil
10% ego on full reload
x1.10 dmg

now I may be biased due to using overcharge all the time thanks to ego on reload and cannoneer getting that proc chance on reload, but this is an amazing tank weapon. You can stay out in the open just pouring bullets into an enemy and not worry about going down very often.

This makes a lot more sense. That's almost a perfectly rolled AR. If it was bio or rad it would be a true beast! Notice that it has almost no recoil when firing?

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM
What Nefarious said @ Post #20

Althought I do not use Syphon anymore, I would still give it a few run and see what is up. Got my two Oj cannoneer syphon thunder waiting for use.

If i not satisfy, Like i said. "WIll give it a few Run and see what is up"

drackiller
05-02-2014, 03:29 AM
yeah, I don't think some people even read my actual post. Just say the title and wanted to add their 2 cents. Pretty much every nano got a Nerf in one way or another, except bio, which was one of the least favorite nanos previous to 1.5 patch. All nanos are situational now and syphon serves a survival/tank purpose, it does better than fire on shields and better than electric on health. Its an all around good nano and one of the only ways to balance it was to decrease the overall damage.
If you read post #3 you will see that it is not true.

Combo Breaker
05-02-2014, 03:36 AM
I said something about this last week. People see the damage on the card and say no thanks. You run it with those perks and it tears **** up.
You can't believe everything you read. The card is miss-leading.

His Divine Shadow
05-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Plus 80% of the people on the forum and game are idiots. They will bash anything before trying it, and yet would get DESTROYED in PvP or duels lol.

Did a expert co-op last night, and the ONLY reason we beat it so fast was syphon...you can literally stand in the open, with no cover, and not lose health..

you people are sloooooooooooooow, have a hard time understanding a joke title, are all negative nancys, and dont even know what your talking about.

Oh Concus, one day people will understand.

drackiller
05-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Plus 80% of the people on the forum and game are idiots. They will bash anything before trying it, and yet would get DESTROYED in PvP or duels lol.

Did a expert co-op last night, and the ONLY reason we beat it so fast was syphon...you can literally stand in the open, with no cover, and not lose health..

you people are sloooooooooooooow, have a hard time understanding a joke title, are all negative nancys, and dont even know what your talking about.

Oh Concus, one day people will understand.

What is absurd is someone creating a new account to bash on the forum and it`s users. You sir, are not new to this forum and you write with unpleasent and insulting remarks, i wonder why you have not been banned yet...again.

His Divine Shadow
05-02-2014, 07:25 AM
lol, im just gettin my boys back for everyone tryin to hate on his post and tell him he is wrong.

I was not insulting to anyone directly, just said some people here were being negative nancys, and its silly to see how hard people try to make someone be wrong, even if its an opinion.

Sorry if you took offense to my post, not my intent and not directed at anyone in paticular.

ConcreteSnake
05-02-2014, 07:26 AM
What is absurd is someone creating a new account to bash on the forum and it`s users. You sir, are not new to this forum and you write with unpleasent and insulting remarks, i wonder why you have not been banned yet...again.

I actually think his comment is preferred to everyone else on this thread that dropped by to bash ME....the original poster, I'm in total agreement with shadow. Pretty sure most people on this thread were bashing me. I state in the beginning that this tread is for syphon lovers but I just got bashed by a bunch of people that just see numbers and refuse to give syphon a try like I suggested.

p.s. Shadow has been playing for awhile and I recently told him about the forums, so thanks for insulting my friend that is new here.

drackiller
05-02-2014, 07:44 AM
lol, im just gettin my boys back for everyone tryin to hate on his post and tell him he is wrong.

I was not insulting to anyone directly, just said some people here were being negative nancys, and its silly to see how hard people try to make someone be wrong, even if its an opinion.

Sorry if you took offense to my post, not my intent and not directed at anyone in paticular.
Sorry if i`m wrong, some times i don`t express well my feelings the same as i don`t read others the same. Problem of not being native to this language.
If so i do apologize.

drackiller
05-02-2014, 07:46 AM
I actually think his comment is preferred to everyone else on this thread that dropped by to bash ME....the original poster, I'm in total agreement with shadow. Pretty sure most people on this thread were bashing me. I state in the beginning that this tread is for syphon lovers but I just got bashed by a bunch of people that just see numbers and refuse to give syphon a try like I suggested.

p.s. Shadow has been playing for awhile and I recently told him about the forums, so thanks for insulting my friend that is new here.

Sorry if you feel that i was insulting him, but i was not the one calling others IDIOTS.

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Concrete, I believe they were both right. Drac was right about your friend coming off as an insulting jerk, to put it mildly.

But at the same time Shadow was right about how good Syphon can be, as were you.

I believe the problem was the attitude he used to go about it. As far as I am concerned, the mods took care of that, so if everybody can quit name calling and realize that you mean the title sarcasticly to draw us in, then we can continue.

I still love syphon. I loved it on my purp tripleshot, but I sold it. I felt swapping out my ego 3400 syphon tripleshot, for a purple level 4200 Bio Votan autofragger, was a much better choice than leveling the tripleshot over a thousand ego, since I am ego 4600.

I do still enjoy my syphon snipers though. :)

Jack Horrigan
05-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I think everyone has a preference and most people just see the lower number and say no thank you. I find syphon to still be great and I don't have the DLC so no perks for me. Go figure. As for shadow, I see almost every forum "vet" say things just as arrogant and condescending every once and a while (sure hope that doesn't qualify...). Please everyone think before you post.