PDA

View Full Version : major lag, disconnects, and hrad freezes since patch...

Quebra Regra
05-01-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not just me, but since the XBOX NA patch yesterday, I have been experiencing an inordinate amount of lag, disconnects, and even hard freezes, with a frequency that I have not seen almost since the BETA. Previously I had not had any hard freezes for 4 months prior.

Are these issues related to the most recent patch (memory leak much?)?

Disconnects entering coops are making them a real pain to get into.

On several occasions I checked my host internet connection (hardwired to 100mb modem), and had at least 25mb ul/dl speeds even while disconnecting from the defiance servers. Don't bother blaming the client.

Odessa
05-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Definitely not just you. I went into a coop map and was unable to switch weapons or even self revive. There was roughly a four second delay between input and response. I cleared cache, reset modem twice and the lag remained. Arkfalls, sieges, etc... There wasn't a section I tried that I didn't hit lag.

3rdpig
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Last night was horrible, invisible enemies, lag out the ying yang and a frame rate that my old Kodak slide projector could beat.

Just look at the bright side, when the game goes F2P and we get thousands of new players, we can all sit back, have a beer and watch the ensuing hilarity.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Same here....

Quebra Regra
05-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Sooo many more last night that the game is becoming nigh unplayable.

KIWI!!!!!! You guys have to be seeing this? Can you guys run NAGIOS against the servers and look at FS, CPU, memory etc? The XBOX hard freezes are more than likely a memory leak in the last path. Should be easy to run instances of both in a lab and see the issues post patch.

Haaalllllpppp, please! This is the biggest problem facing the game now.

Yrkul
05-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Game's been really quirky for me since patch 1.5 as well. And it's getting worse by the day. And like Mr. Pig said, the new influx of players is going to make things worse.

I'm on PC, by the way.

N3gativeCr33p
05-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Sooo many more last night that the game is becoming nigh unplayable.

Whew... I dodged the proverbial bullet. I was going to log in and update my game last night, but IRL stuff happened.

Quebra Regra
05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Please people, I'd humbly request that if you are experiencing these issues, that you post here with you platform, server, and a general descript of the problems you're experiencing.

This is definitely an issue server side (which can affect your client).

wartitan
05-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Funny thing is that last night I didn't notice much of an issue. I got DC'd twice, but in the course of 3 hours that wasn't bad compared to most nights...it's so hit or miss.

There has to be a memory leak in some sort of event that is causing a lot of these issues...

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm having the same exact issues on PS3.