PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable at this current state.

Hyperkill69
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I played this game on the PS3 when it first came out. Probably got to around 450 or so ego. Before i had to give up on it cause of life issues. But now i decided to return and play on the PC. And in this current state. It is way too tedious. I had to empty my whole clip on my shotgun to just kill 1 rifleman. That is unacceptable. Hope you guys get this fixed before you switch to F2P. Cause once the F2P people get here. Community will go to crap. Should of listened to your B2P players.

Noble_One
05-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I played this game on the PS3 when it first came out. Probably got to around 450 or so ego. Before i had to give up on it cause of life issues. But now i decided to return and play on the PC. And in this current state. It is way too tedious. I had to empty my whole clip on my shotgun to just kill 1 rifleman. That is unacceptable. Hope you guys get this fixed before you switch to F2P. Cause once the F2P people get here. Community will go to crap. Should of listened to your B2P players.

like now? thats odd since 1.505 is out and should have fixed that. unless a 2k+ ego person was in the lowbie area, what happened to you should have been before patch 1.505. at the moment everything is very killable for any ego level. also did you have the training gun or did you upgrade it?

Deunan
05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The game mechanics have changed significantly since DLC 5 went live.

1. Weapons scale in damage based on EGO rating of the weapon. If you don't get new weapons as your EGO rating increases or upgrade the rating of your current weapons through the Salvage Matrix with Arkforge that you can get from events you're weapons will rapidly become obsolete.

2. Mobs now scale as well based on the number of and EGO rating of the players in your area when they spawn so now there are normal Mutants, Experienced Mutants, Veteran Mutants, Hardened Mutants and Formidable Mutants. Each tier has more health, does more damage and has more armor plates (see below).

3. Every mob (and you) now have something called armor plates to further reduce damage to them. If you don't destroy the armor plates on a mob first with a Bio-Nano weapon (see below) then you can suffer a massive drop-off in damage and you will end up spending lots and lots of ammo just to kill a few mobs.

4. All nano-effects have greater effect on damage to mobs. Bio-Nano destroys the armor plates rather quickly while other nano-effect weapons hardly do any damage on them at all. Electrical-Nano does more damage to shields but less to health. Incendiary-Nano weapons have the exact opposite effect. Radiation-Nano weapons ignore up to 25% of the damage resistance from armor plates.

Hyperkill69
05-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah i was on the other day and was using a shotgun. And everything i was fighting. I had to empty a whole clip just to kill 1 guy. It was a bit frustrating. But I'll give it another go. Thanks for the info guys.

And how do i get nano effect on a weapon?

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:36 PM
I absolutely agree!!! IT IS INSANE I AM LEVEL 4238 ALL BOTH MY WEAPONS ARE LEVELED ALL THE WAY UP....WHEN I DO WEEKLY MISSION, MAJOR ARKFALLS, OR EVEN 7THLEGION INCURSIONS (WHICH I TOTALLY REFUSE TO DO ANYMORE DUE TO OVER 70 PLUS HOURS, AND CRAPPY REWARDS AT THE VENDOR) THEY ARE VERY CLOSE TO LOSING ME, AND LOTS OF MY FRIENDS!

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Thats not totally true i have nano weapons, and still get the same results no matter what i use, and my egos are all capped out

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:40 PM
If thats the case we both have armour plates why do mob nano weapons do soo much more damage than mine?

Deunan
05-11-2014, 10:24 PM
If thats the case we both have armour plates why do mob nano weapons do soo much more damage than mine?Because you only get buffed to 4750. If there is a threat level it will often raise the mobs above 4750 and up to 5500 plus.

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
This chart was made by Tekrunner after much research and it clearly shows why being buffed to 4750 when the threat level is at 10 doesn't do squat. The mobs are so far above you in health and damage you might as well use pillows.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/e3ylQtk1_zps325de4ae.png

drackiller
05-12-2014, 12:35 AM
This chart was made by Tekrunner after much research and it clearly shows why being buffed to 4750 when the threat level is at 10 doesn't do squat. The mobs are so far above you in health and damage you might as well use pillows.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/e3ylQtk1_zps325de4ae.png

Don`t really know if that is totally true.
When the last dlc hit the fan i was around 3700/3800 K Ego and while i was dying a lot i was still able to kill them alot. Granted that they were just sucking my bullets, but i was able to do damage enough to still stand amongst the top scorers.

And some people still didn`t realize that they should use the correct weapons for each situation.

But in no way i`m defending the bullet sponge, i just adapted my self to the new reality.

Pandur
05-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Don`t really know if that is totally true.
When the last dlc hit the fan i was around 3700/3800 K Ego and while i was dying a lot i was still able to kill them alot. Granted that they were just sucking my bullets, but i was able to do damage enough to still stand amongst the top scorers.

And some people still didn`t realize that they should use the correct weapons for each situation.

But in no way i`m defending the bullet sponge, i just adapted my self to the new reality.

Yeah staying alive was never a problem at 3800+ the only thing that will get me is the cheap one shots like a viscera charge to the back or pinpoint accuracy 15 volge trooper grenades:P.
But that's exactly the reason why it's just more tedious not harder.

On a positive side not, i managed to get into my first Scrapwork salvage expert(seems no one likes this one).
I did like the increased amount of damage especially for the snipers, at least they now are actually able to pin you down.
The whole thing is of course overshadowed by the bullet sponge, at 4714 i still have to empty 1 - 2 thunder electric magazines to even get rid of the Dark Matter shields, and that's without them having any armour plates.
Still the fight against Dark Matter was decently fun even if ridiculously spongy, the scrappers part was just spongy and tedious though.

Atticus Batman
05-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Yeah staying alive was never a problem at 3800+ the only thing that will get me is the cheap one shots like a viscera charge to the back or pinpoint accuracy 15 volge trooper grenades:P.
But that's exactly the reason why it's just more tedious not harder.

On a positive side not, i managed to get into my first Scrapwork salvage expert(seems no one likes this one).
I did like the increased amount of damage especially for the snipers, at least they now are actually able to pin you down.
The whole thing is of course overshadowed by the bullet sponge, at 4714 i still have to empty 1 - 2 thunder electric magazines to even get ride of the Dark Matter shields, and that's without them having any armour plates.
Still the fight against Dark Matter was decently fun even if ridiculously spongy, the scrappers part was just spongy and tedious though.

The reason most don't play it is because the phase-shifting Forge make it an annoying inconveneince. You kill everything else at the end, then have to keep dodging nanites until the forges finally shift back into phase, shoot one, watch them phase back out, rinse repeat. That just takes to long with them popping in and out like that.

Pandur
05-12-2014, 01:13 AM
The reason most don't play it is because the phase-shifting Forge make it an annoying inconveneince. You kill everything else at the end, then have to keep dodging nanites until the forges finally shift back into phase, shoot one, watch them phase back out, rinse repeat. That just takes to long with them popping in and out like that.

Ahhh that explains it, luckily we didn't have that problem at the end. The whole thing was pretty bug free.

drackiller
05-12-2014, 02:04 AM
I need to start playing those coop maps, haven`t done one yet :eek:

Pandur
05-12-2014, 02:18 AM
I need to start playing those coop maps, haven`t done one yet :eek:

They're not really hard just take a while if you don't blizz.

The only 2 really annoying ones are Explosion 101 and Soleptor because of the end bosses, be sure to have the one for all perk and the thing that makes you take less damage while reviving lol.

Soleptor excavation is endless kiting of hulkers, my concentration tends to slip there and i die.

Dekuso would be easy except for his AoE electrical surge thing. Btw is there a way to avoid getting hit by that ?

drackiller
05-12-2014, 03:52 AM
Dekuso would be easy except for his AoE electrical surge thing. Btw is there a way to avoid getting hit by that ?
There are cages that you can climb and hide back down if you stay behind the tubes (!?), that`s how i did it solo.

Manstan
05-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm having so much fun right now, add to all that my game keeps shutting down and you can see just how much fun I must be having. {started with the .05 patch}.

History_Prof
05-12-2014, 07:26 AM
I haven't played in a couple of months, but played last night with Atticus Batman and did all right. I was ego 3000 and he is now over 5000. Every instance that could level up was going up to threat level 10, but even then together we managed pretty good. You definitely have to play smarter and use all your resources (stims, stakes, grenades) and the right weapons with effects.

Deunan
05-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Granted that they were just sucking my bullets, but i was able to do damage enough to still stand amongst the top scorers.Score =/= damage.

You can inflict mediocre damage and get a good score. This is one of the reasons why some of us want to put damage numbers back in the end of event cards.

drackiller
05-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Score =/= damage.

You can inflict mediocre damage and get a good score. This is one of the reasons why some of us want to put damage numbers back in the end of event cards.

I know what you mean, but i evaluate my damage by the speed that i drop their plates (alone) and their health (alone) , even at TL10.

Manstan
05-12-2014, 01:12 PM
There has been too many times at a TL of 10 I have stood there toe to toe with an elite empty a clip in to them, and have their shields charge back up before I could get the next clip in. I could stand there all day dumping clip after clip in to them and never drop their shield.

Odessa
05-12-2014, 01:43 PM
There has been too many times at a TL of 10 I have stood there toe to toe with an elite empty a clip in to them, and have their shields charge back up before I could get the next clip in. I could stand there all day dumping clip after clip in to them and never drop their shield.

The shields are the biggest hassle right now. I can take down the armor no problem with a Bio weapon. The shields will only slightly yield to any damage after that. Meanwhile my shields blink away, which is ridiculous. I am having to roll to find some sort of cover in hopes that I can peck away at them until I have to roll away again.

I think this pretty much sums up how I feel when trying to kill an enemy now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQw65XZ9Tm8

Deunan
05-12-2014, 02:16 PM
The shields are the biggest hassle right now. I can take down the armor no problem with a Bio weapon. The shields will only slightly yield to any damage after that. Meanwhile my shields blink away, which is ridiculous. I am having to roll to find some sort of cover in hopes that I can peck away at them until I have to roll away again.You have to use an electrical nano weapon or a flash grenade on the shields if you want to conserve ammo and remove them quickly. The hardest thing about the 99ers is when that yellow honeycomb shield of theirs shows up.