PDA

View Full Version : Trion - Had enough of this

Olaf
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Seriously guys....

Have had enough of the damn disconnects on PS3 EU just as your about to get your rewards! This has happend too many times to count and has cost me endless keys and potential ojs! Not only that its now costing me arkforge because am loosing so much due to being disconnected just before the damn reward screen... Had enough!

Trion PLEASE make the rewards atleast be creditted to a player when they are disconnected.... Takes the absolute p!ss getting disconnected and loosing half hours work.

Olaf
05-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I understand that you are saying the game is too resource heavy and that is causing the disconnects.... But whats the excuse for not creditting the player with the rewards even if they are disconnected?? They still took part in the event so should get rewards regardless of being disconnected or not, especially when its your game thats kicking them.

Arsenic_Touch
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Wait, didn't someone say the ps3 was stable? hahah. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Olaf
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Wait, didn't someone say the ps3 was stable? hahah. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah super stable bro, I think a horse with one leg has more stability.

Rokea
05-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Yeah super stable bro, I think a horse with one leg has more stability.
Don't forget the fat chick on top of the horse

CM Kiwibird
05-01-2014, 05:07 PM
You might be interested in this. :o

Understand that since you were disconnected before the event resolved, no rewards were granted. That said, we're going to be adding a feature that essentially allows you to "cash out" of an event early in case of disconnects. This system isn't in place yet but we're just as eager to bring it live as you are.

Definitely let us know if the disconnects continue, our Support Team can help troubleshoot connectivity issues you're experiencing.

Olaf
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM

Thanks Kiwi, deffinitely interesting but I dont think that would solve anything lol.. I tend to get disconnected just before the reward screen pops up rendering all my time wasted. I have tried everything that support have mentioned numerous times nothing helps... Reinstalled game, changed DNS to google public dns, added ps3 to DMZ. Seems Defiance hates to give me rewards so it just kicks me before it has too.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Did some one say stability?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/fail_zpscfce7ed7.gif

maverick07
05-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Might be a pretty nice feature if you don't have time to finish something and you want to get your rewards. As far as disconnects go though I'm not so sure. I'd rather just reboot my game when I know I'll probably get booted because of the memory leak issue. That way, if the event has just started, I can come back in just a few minutes and still enjoy most of the event.

Deunan
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I understand that you are saying the game is too resource heavy and that is causing the disconnects.... The thing is it doesn't really matter whether it's client side or server side for a console version of the game because, unlike a PC, the client side is the same for everyone on the console. If one player is experience it then so is every other player on that platform so these kind of distinctions do nothing to alleviate the problem.

The other thing is that stating that the servers are stable isn't saying much. All that means is that the servers aren't crashing when you're being disconnected. It doesn't mean it's not a server side issue. A stability problem referred to as a resource issue on the client side can also be characterized as a resource use issue on the server side. The game was marketed as playable with the existing resources on the PS3. It's on them to make it so. If I bought a game for the PC that said on the system requirements that it could play on 2GB of RAM and it turned out it wasn't stable unless I had 4GB or RAM I would be legally entitled to get a refund on the game.

Iceberg
05-01-2014, 05:57 PM
The thing is it doesn't really matter whether it's client side or server side for a console version of the game because, unlike a PC, the client side is the same for everyone on the console. If one player is experience it then so is every other player on that platform so these kind of distinctions do nothing to alleviate the problem.

The other thing is that stating that the servers are stable isn't saying much. All that means is that the servers aren't crashing when you're being disconnected. It doesn't mean it's not a server side issue. A stability problem referred to as a resource issue on the client side can also be characterized as a resource use issue on the server side. The game was marketed as playable with the existing resources on the PS3. It's on them to make it so. If I bought a game for the PC that said on the system requirements that it could play on 2GB of RAM and it turned out it wasn't stable unless I had 4GB or RAM I would be legally entitled to get a refund on the game.

With enemies being doubled for each instance now we are bound to see a lot more bottle necking of consoles with their low resources of ram and graphic/processor speeds. You are right, its not fixing the out lined issue, but they are at least putting a band aid on it ;)

Olaf
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
The thing is it doesn't really matter whether it's client side or server side for a console version of the game because, unlike a PC, the client side is the same for everyone on the console. If one player is experience it then so is every other player on that platform so these kind of distinctions do nothing to alleviate the problem.

I just understand thats what they are blaming it on lol, fact is no other game I own does this except for Defiance. What an experience it would be to play for 8 hours without getting disconnected once, it would be a dream come true to a certain extent..
If they are unable to make it this way (god knows why - why cant they just spend some time playing on ps3 to try and figure out a fix im not sure...) then I believe the ONLY thing they can and SHOULD do is have it so that any event participated in, still credits each player with their appropriate rewards even if they have been disconnected due to a game fault... Really sucks to get disconnected at a DM arkfall with an inch left on the monoliths HP bar while you have a 130k score... Really really sucks and very demoralising, this combined with being unable to hit the max ego due to pursuits being removed is sooo frustrating its unbelievable lol.

adrokier
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
yes yes yes yes ...

Pump up the EU Server PS3

(last Weekend it was really stable can u remember olaf? I did coop expert, coop standard, shadow war and 2 times Warmaster..
today I was not able to get into the Warmaster Ship, DC and after rebooting the PS3 System I can't enter the Spaceship anymore ... and no friends inside ... I tried 4 times !

PVP is a bit better now, so the Patch 1.505 may did some adjustments on? (Would be cool to believe)

Defiance is a great Game we love it but the PS3 EU Server is so weak the last weeks ... DC was normal but now it seems sometimes constantly givin us DCs.... the Defiance Universe oh no, the DC Universe :D

Olaf
05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
yes yes yes yes ...

Pump up the EU Server PS3

(last Weekend it was really stable can u remember olaf? I did coop expert, coop standard, shadow war and 2 times Warmaster..
today I was not able to get into the Warmaster Ship, DC and after rebooting the PS3 System I can't enter the Spaceship anymore ... and no friends inside ... I tried 4 times !

PVP is a bit better now, so the Patch 1.505 may did some adjustments on? (Would be cool to believe)

Defiance is a great Game we love it but the PS3 EU Server is so weak the last weeks ... DC was normal but now it seems sometimes constantly givin us DCs.... the Defiance Universe oh no, the DC Universe :D

its painful lol. funny how none of the live streams on trions twitch channel ever use playstation 3, saying summin???
if i could port my character, all his moneys + arkforges + items to the PC servers I would in a heartbeat, but alas I cannot and must stick with the crappy ps3 servers for all of eternity it seems. wish TrickDempsey would comment in this thread with a simple, "we are looking into it - hopefully we have found the issue and will release a patch soon!". I did notice that when the playstation 3 social servers were down the lag and disconnects were virtually non existant!

drackiller
05-02-2014, 03:41 AM
All the time is:
Olaf is online
Olaf is online

Sad, but true. They better fix this , i have a PS4 waiting for a game and that game is coming and with the income of new players when this go free to play i fear, like Olaf, adrokier, Diz and others already stated in other threads, that the server can`t handle. They don`t handle it now, we PS3 players are truly the HARCORE ones of this game, believe it.
Fix the servers in ways to improve the latency and the constant disconections or the FTP can turn to be nightmare.
I want to keep playing this game but with the arrival of heavy contenders in June, i really don`t know.

Jump this game to PS4 now that it`s free to play...

Rokea
05-02-2014, 07:51 AM
All the time is:
Olaf is online
Olaf is online

Sad, but true. They better fix this , i have a PS4 waiting for a game and that game is coming and with the income of new players when this go free to play i fear, like Olaf, adrokier, Diz and others already stated in other threads, that the server can`t handle. They don`t handle it now, we PS3 players are truly the HARCORE ones of this game, believe it.
Fix the servers in ways to improve the latency and the constant disconections or the FTP can turn to be nightmare.
I want to keep playing this game but with the arrival of heavy contenders in June, i really don`t know.

Jump this game to PS4 now that it`s free to play...
Scapes addressed this already it isn't going to ps4, I do agree that once the F2P model takes affect the servers will crash horribly. However there are only 4+ months till Destiny!

drackiller
05-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Scapes addressed this already it isn't going to ps4...

They also said it will never go free to play, what will i believe !?

dramaQkarri
05-02-2014, 08:05 AM
I did notice that when the playstation 3 social servers were down the lag and disconnects were virtually non existant!

I seem to have a lot less DC issues when I don't use my mic or join groups...just another solo play feature!

My theory is every little thing I do creates more and more memory and at some point it is too much and locks up. Seems to take a lot longer without mic & groups.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 03:52 PM
It's the same in NA on PS3, a lot of people are having issues since the last patch it would seem. I wouldn't know since i rage quit because of this crap 10 months ago!

Overtkill21
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I just disconnected from an Incursion Siege where I had over 250K score!!!

Over and over with this garbage.

SethC
05-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Ooooh the disconnects. I say they should downgrade the graphics to look like a PS1 game, that should work. :D