PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth a shot?

Auldoshi
05-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Hello Community,

I really enjoyed Rift, I think Trion is a great company, and I like the Defiance TV show, so I thought I might give this game a shot.

I beta'ed the game and it was fun, but I was skeptical of how long it would keep me attracted. I am not a big "theme park" gamer. I tend to enjoy more "sandbox" style MMO's, but I wanted to see how the community feels about this games enjoyment.

How is the content/questing, single player?

How is the Player vs Player open world and/or arenas?

How is the community/guilds/factions?

Thanks in advance.

LegendaryU2K
05-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Well I'm new to the game, but the graphics are nice, the music is amazing, single player is fun/pve. Its worth it . But i guess others can tell you more, Im still new to the game, but i like it. :)

TAG
05-01-2014, 06:43 PM
I have been playing since day one and I still enjoy it. Defiance is about to go "free to play" so this would be a good time to start.

The questing was fun when played with friends.

The pvp is only fun when played with your own clan because a lot of players use cheap tactics.

Although I have met some of the most influential people in my life in Defiance, there is a lot of negative out there.

Bakku
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I really loved the storyline(s) and would recommend playing the game.

It may not go free-to-play until June but you can play the free trial now and keep your four characters I believe.

It's actually better to play the free-trial now, because when it's "fully free" you'll be limited to two characters.

Honestly, it's not the best game in the world but I had fun and I'm looking forward to having more fun. Ultimately the story is what gets me, and the gameplay, but not enough to keep me grinding EGO levels for weeks and weeks. I think I took a break short of 2k EGO.

Bonehead
05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Long story short, yep.

Llewxam
05-01-2014, 11:55 PM
been playing the game for the longest time. even in between breaks of playing other games i still come back to defiance and spend most of my time on it. it is fun, now finally can be challenging as opposed to it having been a casual shooter. even with its flaws, it's a good way to make new friends (can't believe i've said that) and just shoot the shtako.

drackiller
05-02-2014, 03:08 AM
Even with all the problems that the game has, yes it`s worth it.
It`s a love/hate relation ship.

Tsort
05-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Play it. For sure. You may have issues with the game development later, but you won't regret playing it.

Etaew
05-02-2014, 04:01 AM
I really enjoyed Rift, I think Trion is a great company
This game is handled nothing like Rift, don't be under any illusions.

but I wanted to see how the community feels about this games enjoyment.
It's a love hate relationship, grinding menial things for the chance at something in a lockbox. Yet some of us keep coming back.

How is the content/questing, single player?
A side show, the campaign is ok but once you've finished it there is no more and you have to repeat the same dynamic content over and over again.

How is the Player vs Player open world and/or arenas?
Terrible, dominated by cloak and shotgun and other things to make it not enjoyable. I haven't touched it since the game released.

How is the community/guilds/factions?
Clans can be the only saving grace, find yourself a good community and don't play alone.

Erei
05-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Before the last DLC it would have been a yes from my part.
But now ? Don't bother. Unless you like to rely on a random system to get a weapon you want, and drop it a few hours later because it's already outdated. Don't bother if you want to drop something that make you happy because it's exactly what you are looking for, unless you spend an ungodly amount of arforge, it will be outdated quickly.
Don't bother, unless you enjoy grinding bullet sponge all over the place.

Trionna
05-02-2014, 05:40 AM
This game has ben so much fun...been playing for a year now. It has lots of bugs but there are so many levels to it and the comraderie between other players that keep you coming back day after day after day...lol