PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Free-to-Play: Livestream Q&A

Scapes
05-02-2014, 09:28 AM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DEF_ACT_FTPAnnounce_Monolith_02_560x350.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/05/02/defiance-free-to-play-livestream-qa)

Join Creative Lead Trick Dempsey and Community Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) today for a Defiance community Q&A livestream about this week's announcement (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/05/01/defiance-free-to-play-arrives-june-4/) that Defiance will be transitioning to a free-to-play model starting June 4. We'll harvest questions from the forums and answer them live on the broadcast while we showcase some of the new features we're adding to the game in the coming weeks and months.

Defiance Free-to-Play: Livestream Q&A
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: 2:00 PM Pacific
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/05/02/defiance-free-to-play-livestream-qa)

Olaf
05-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Nice! Please ask Trick to answer whether the daily grab bag boosts and XP boosts given from the patron pass will be converted into Loot boost for those of us who have hit the XP cap / EGO MAX

4ndreas
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Nice! Please ask Trick to answer whether the daily grab bag boosts and XP boosts given from the patron pass will be converted into Loot boost for those of us who have hit the XP cap / EGO MAX

And/or Reputation please :)

Olaf
05-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Good point 4ndreas, fact is alot of us who are max ego have reached the XP cap and are rank 20 in all of our skills, so the patron pass boost package does very little for us. So if they were to change the XP boost to Loot boost and the Skill boost to Reputation boost I believe it would do very well (meaning for those who are MAX in XP and Skills will have the XP/Skill boosts converted to Loot and EXTRA Reputation boosts)... It would certainly entice me into purchasing a patron pass, without those its not so viable for us/me, thats my 2cents =)

ironcladtrash
05-02-2014, 10:32 AM
How much ark forge will it cost to upgrade weapon rarity?
How much will the patron pass cost per month?
With the patron pass "New Arkforge currencies in Daily/Weekly login bonuses." Will those be in the claim items in the daily reward boxes or something new?
Can we buy more key code space to put our limit past 75?

Punkduck2064
05-02-2014, 11:00 AM
How much ark forge will it cost to upgrade weapon rarity?
How much will the patron pass cost per month?
With the patron pass "New Arkforge currencies in Daily/Weekly login bonuses." Will those be in the claim items in the daily reward boxes or something new?
Can we buy more key code space to put our limit past 75?

I agree, an increase in keycode space would be great

bump

Infinity Eagle
05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I think that all the long time players should have something better than 1000 arkforge and a month pass, especially since some have spent a lot of money on this game.

Question; Could the long time players get 2500 arkforge and a 3 month patron pass? Or maybe 10 arkforge for every day played before June 3rd.

Olaf
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I think that all the long time players should have something better than 1000 arkforge and a month pass, especially since some have spent a lot of money on this game.

Question; Could the long time players get 2500 arkforge and a 3 month patron pass? Or maybe 10 arkforge for every day played before June 3rd.

I'd rather the 1000 arkforge. I have been playing since launch and have only played 70 days in game, meaning 700 arkforge? lol.. no thx =)

samuelsinn
05-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Qustion : when will the map be getting expanded ?

Question : and if it is being Expanded. where will the expansion lead.

Hopeisdead
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Just curious. If the Paradise Patron status would be obtainable by "adding on" purchases via the bit store. I am bad at creating coherent ideas but i ll try.

Let say someone spent 100 bits an month after 10 months he spent totally 1k bits at that point he will get an 30 day Paradise Patron status. Just an idea.
It will possibly lead more people to buy things from bit store and ensure that after some spent sum total they will spent more next month.

Holy Bahamut3
05-02-2014, 12:53 PM
How much do you REALLY value us daredevils?

drackiller
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Aparently, not much in our perspective. They must see it in other perspective.

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 01:12 PM

Oh I have an answer to that!

They value us as much as the Sca........er, scope they use!

http://fandomania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/daredevil2.jpg

Or perhaps they prefer to "STEEL" us away!

http://www.theothermurdockpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Zombie-Daredevil-gets-hit-with-beam-630x506.jpg

Holy Bahamut3
05-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Aparently, not much in our perspective. They must see it in other perspective.

Obviously, it they think 30 day patron pass is treating us like kings.

rebtattoo
05-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Obviously, it they think 30 day patron pass is treating us like kings.It's their cheap way of trying to coddle us. Buy us off with shiny trinkets! "Never mind that the trinket isn't valuable. Look how shiny it is!"

RobReloading
05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
I play on the Xbox 360 and I was wondering if once Defiance goes f2p will i have to download the game and re-patch or will I be able to continue to keep disc in tray and not go through the lengthy install process again

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I play on the Xbox 360 and I was wondering if once Defiance goes f2p will i have to download the game and re-patch or will I be able to continue to keep disc in tray and not go through the lengthy install process again

You should be able to use your disc as usual.

RobReloading
05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
You should be able to use your disc as usual.

I really hope so as that install was brutal on my rubbish internet.

Will we be getting a new set of season 2 pursuits and any plans to fix the bronken hot shot & rampages?

rebtattoo
05-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Would like a clearer explanation on plans for console {PS3} stability. With the "influx of new players" The Company is expecting, what is the plan?

Scapes, you mentioned in another thread that your opinion was that the stability on PS3 was good. I'd like to know why you consider an average of 3-5 dc's an hour and a hard freeze a night, "good"?

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Would like a clearer explanation on plans for console {PS3} stability. With the "influx of new players" The Company is expecting, what is the plan?

Scapes, you mentioned in another thread that your opinion was that the stability on PS3 was good. I'd like to know why you consider an average of 3-5 dc's an hour and a hard freeze a night, "good"?

He also gave you a different "bogus" reason in that thread, so expect it again.

dwej1973
05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Sorry but this is the biggest load of B.S. To come out of this company. I am sorry but they are treating this like it truly is free for the console players and it is not. No matter what you will not be able to play this game with out an xbox live gold membership. Which mean it is and never will be free to play.

Two they are treating this like it's a Pc mmo which it is far from. The world is to small. The only difference in any of the weapons is the are reskins with a new power on them from some. None of the dlc except the one with the war master can be really consider more than a patch. The world doesn't change. You grind the same regions over and over again for a chance to get a legendary that is often times more crap than a blue or purple.

The changed the scoring system to promote team work and it is broken. I have a frc particle repeater that can do anywhere from 25,000 to 250,000 damage on an enemy can be chased around ken farm by a formidable hulker do over a million points of damage easy to it and only get a 1000 points from it. How is that fair? And before some one says something stupid no I tend to lead the hulker chasing me to the larger group of people. Team work and all.

They have screwed up the drop rates repeatedly. Or should I say after two weeks of the dlc coming out the change the drop rates of oranges to non existent. In order for you to pay to get oranges a chance at an outfit. Hell I got banned for a few days because of their own programing mistake on the orange box that they took off. They treated me like I modded the game and I didn't.

Prefect example of nerfed drop rates, the war master used to give out oranges often. It was even advertised that the best weapons in the game come from the war master. Now you can farm a war master for weeks and your lucky if you get an orange.

And now they want us customers who have been loyal from week one day one or even 6 months to take it up the arse with a shiny valueless crap as a thanks from being with us. Sorry but that doesn't fly by me. Just on two servers back when They had the xbox locked and I had to switch to the u.k server to play with my friends I have spent over a thousand dollars on this game from outfits to inventory slots, boxes which I do like the boxes dropping outfits but it doesn't warrant a slap in the face. Like what is being done here.

Anyway thanks for letting me rant. Time to play Yugioh.

shawneP33
05-02-2014, 03:23 PM

exactly what I was thinking

Hopeisdead
05-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Sorry but this is the biggest load of B.S. To come out of this company. I am sorry but they are treating this like it truly is free for the console players and it is not. No matter what you will not be able to play this game with out an xbox live gold membership. Which mean it is and never will be free to play.

So Microsoft is bunch of imbeciles therefore TRION is guilty ?

Bonehead
05-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Was it worth watching?

Riz
05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah, it actually was worth watching.

Bonehead
05-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Crap! Is there a replay link?

drackiller
05-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Crap! Is there a replay link?

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/525206466

Bonehead
05-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks Drac, you are the MAN!

drackiller
05-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Thanks Drac, you are the MAN!

No prob Bone i have to see it yet.

thejx4
05-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Will wait for etaew to transcribe

Iceberg
05-04-2014, 05:46 AM
So after watching this stream I noticed a bug, at the 46:55 minute mark they take down the major arkfall, trick has 57k points but at the results screen it shows him with a score of 16. Hopefully that doesn't make it into the live servers when they release that update.

Holy Bahamut3
05-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Will wait for etaew to transcribe
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158061-May-2-Livestream-Answers&p=1480284#post1480284

Boom

Bonehead
05-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Boom

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy37_zps82d22fd3.gif

Arc Infultraitor
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Um scraps i can't access the game on the trial i was trying to see what it was like is that because your shuting it down or are all the servers for pc shut down right now