PDA

View Full Version : "The claim item section was never meant to be used as a bank"

cary2010haha
05-02-2014, 10:24 PM
So when June 4th will you give us free slot pre those "pursuit useless un-regainable souvenir" item?

We already paid those item with DLC, it should not eat our slot which is and other kind of "already paid item"

and those "pursuit useless un-regainable souvenir"item can't be trade to other charas 2

Amack
05-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I have no idea what that guy just said.... but I agree!

ConcreteSnake
05-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Its an inventory workaround that benefits the player....and everytime that happen it gets taken away. Its a cycle around here.

Arsenic_Touch
05-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I take it they're going to do something to the claim item section? hm. All those purple mods and daily/weekly boxes that I didn't open...

ironcladtrash
05-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I take it they're going to do something to the claim item section? hm. All those purple mods and daily/weekly boxes that I didn't open...

They said you're good with the boxes but the items like mods, stims, spikes, grenades, shields, and weapons will change to a timer before it gets converted.

B_Draco
05-03-2014, 01:28 AM
They said you're good with the boxes but the items like mods, stims, spikes, grenades, shields, and weapons will change to a timer before it gets converted.

C'mon... We cant catch a break from getting screwed over in critical ways huh? You can screw with our grenades because now we adjusted to it, you can screw with enemy 'difficulty'/spawning ad we'll adjust. However taking away the ability to store resources and equipment AND putting a timer on 'em if we don't have space??? ... Yeah thats 'game changing' alright...

Riz
05-03-2014, 05:08 AM
I wanna defend this! It's good!

Let's be honest. If your inventory is full and you receive a nice Legendary or Epic weapon you make room and claim it anyways right? If you open a mod-cache and you finally get the mod you were looking for, you claim it and use it. Only the items in your claimbox that should go to inventory will be affected by this, so weekly and daily rewards won't be touched. If i look into my claimbox it's filled with a gazillion nades that i probably will never claim, and too lazy to salvage them since i dont really need more salvage as well. I guess the only people 'screwed' by this are the ones that buy mod-caché's, store them in their items and sell them from there. They now have to sell the mods from their inventory... Not really such a big deal. If it really helps solving some of the lag on the servers (like they said on stream), then it's a good thing.

KEV1N
05-03-2014, 07:01 AM
"The claim item section was never meant to be used as a bank"

Give players a real bank then.

Hopeisdead
05-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Trion-this-is-Houston-it-is-time-to-rethink-this-madness. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157969-Trion-this-is-Houston-it-is-time-to-rethink-this-madness.)

Just so people can read more about this.

B_Draco
05-03-2014, 08:00 AM

Let's be honest. If your inventory is full and you receive a nice Legendary or Epic weapon you make room and claim it anyways right? If you open a mod-cache and you finally get the mod you were looking for, you claim it and use it. Only the items in your claimbox that should go to inventory will be affected by this, so weekly and daily rewards won't be touched. If i look into my claimbox it's filled with a gazillion nades that i probably will never claim, and too lazy to salvage them since i dont really need more salvage as well. I guess the only people 'screwed' by this are the ones that buy mod-caché's, store them in their items and sell them from there. They now have to sell the mods from their inventory... Not really such a big deal. If it really helps solving some of the lag on the servers (like they said on stream), then it's a good thing.

Hmm that is a positive upside, but what of our stored mods and legendaries? Eh, I guess I can give away 20+ or so legendaries... However the real problem is Trion limiting our inventory space. Ok if it helps server stability, fine go ahead. Yet we still need a way to directly sell stuff in our claim items box rather then just wait for it to get salvaged. Like he next poster suggested, an auction house.

Fuzzy
05-03-2014, 08:07 AM

I agree with you there but the big problem is that they will be limiting the inventories to 300 slots after June 4th (everyone who has more than that will keep it of course).
The problem is, they are limiting our inventory space and now take away our only option to store mods. I have mods in there as well I'd like to use, but I just haven't found the perfect weapon I wanna put the mods in.

Even if there are weapons or mods we don't need, we have no good way of trading weapons, shields and/or mods. We need an auctionhouse.

If it helps server stability, good. Thanks for that. But with this change they really need to introduce some place In-Game where we can offer our items.
As I see it now: Limiting Inventory space, putting a timer on items that go to your inventory, no place to sell your items -> Leads to frustration due to not being able to store weapons, mods and/or shields you'd like to keep.

Hopeisdead
05-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I agree with you there but the big problem is that they will be limiting the inventories to 300 slots after June 4th (everyone who has more than that will keep it of course).
The problem is, they are limiting our inventory space and now take away our only option to store mods. I have mods in there as well I'd like to use, but I just haven't found the perfect weapon I wanna put the mods in.

Even if there are weapons or mods we don't need, we have no good way of trading weapons, shields and/or mods. We need an auctionhouse.

If it helps server stability, good. Thanks for that. But with this change they really need to introduce some place In-Game where we can offer our items.
As I see it now: Limiting Inventory space, putting a timer on items that go to your inventory, no place to sell your items -> Leads to frustration due to not being able to store weapons, mods and/or shields you'd like to keep.

Bank characters, that was usual practice in Lineage 2 f.e.

ConcreteSnake
05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Prior to the claim section the only way to increase inventory was to buy it in the defiance store. People are taking advantage of the claim section and in trions eyes stealing from them, not much different that "free" music or movies on the internet, main difference that Trion can fix the problem and they will when it benefits the player.

rebtattoo
05-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Bank characters, that was usual practice in Lineage 2 f.e.This.

I use two alternate characters as my bank. Its not that difficult.

If this is really as much of a "game breaking" issue as some claim, perhaps it's time to move on.

If, as they claim, this will help with the latency and lag issues, I fully support it!

Amack
05-03-2014, 09:51 AM
This.

I use two alternate characters as my bank. Its not that difficult.

If this is really as much of a "game breaking" issue as some claim, perhaps it's time to move on.

If, as they claim, this will help with the latency and lag issues, I fully support it!

I just created a new account Reb. It had 0 items in the claims and 4 items in the inventory. I saw no performance difference.

Now I could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure not many people had so many things stored up at the beginning of the game when it was released... yet the cars were still randomly disappearing and the consoles were disconnecting and the servers had lag.

I think you need to read your signature again.

Game breaking? I don't recall anyone saying that.

ConcreteSnake
05-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I just created a new account Reb. It had 0 items in the claims and 4 items in the inventory. I saw no performance difference.

Now I could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure not many people had so many things stored up at the beginning of the game when it was released... yet the cars were still randomly disappearing and the consoles were disconnecting and the servers had lag.

I think you need to read your signature again.

Game breaking? I don't recall anyone saying that.

the car disappearing problem started sometime around or after dlc 2 6 months after the game came out, not to mention the claim items tab came with dlc 2 and the warmaster

Amack
05-03-2014, 10:26 AM
the car disappearing problem started sometime around or after dlc 2 6 months after the game came out, not to mention the claim items tab came with dlc 2 and the warmaster

Gosh that's funny. When the reports of it broke out around the time of DLC2, I swore I heard Trick say in a live stream "That the problem with the vehicles has been around since the beginning of the game." He then went on to say "Trion monitors the number of vehicle despawns and that they have not detected any dramatic increase recently."

Just because DLC2 is the first time you noticed it, does not mean it had just started.

Are you trying to tell me the developers implemented something like the claim item section which is now supposedly responsible for most of the lag we experience in the game and they have not lost their jobs over such a terribly planned idea? That can't be right, can it?

Deunan
05-03-2014, 09:03 PM
So when June 4th will you give us free slot pre those "pursuit useless un-regainable souvenir" item?

We already paid those item with DLC, it should not eat our slot which is and other kind of "already paid item"

http://www.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/legacy/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/440oolong.jpg

Deunan
05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Gosh that's funny. When the reports of it broke out around the time of DLC2, I swore I heard Trick say in a live stream "That the problem with the vehicles has been around since the beginning of the game." He then went on to say "Trion monitors the number of vehicle despawns and that they have not detected any dramatic increase recently."

Just because DLC2 is the first time you noticed it, does not mean it had just started.You're wrong. Trick was wrong. Arsenic was right. You're quoting outdated information. Trick has since all but admitted he was wrong by acknowledging it is something different and that they have been working on it continuously since then.

That is a different issue - one where you car from your loadout turns blank, thus "un-equipped," not disappearing while driving.Ding ding, we have a winner. I've been here since before day 1, when they said that the kicking you out the vehicle was an old bug that has been occurring forever just less frequently, I got a laugh out of it. It's amazing how it was already occurring but only got noticed with the launch of DLC 2.

Deunan
05-03-2014, 09:19 PM
the claim items tab came with dlc 2 and the warmasterThe claims items tab was there before the Warmaster. It started becoming an issue in terms of accumulating unclaimed items with Arkbreaker because of the consumables (spikes and stims) and then was compounded with the change of grenades to consumables.