PDA

View Full Version : Trion are you increasing server capacity with f2p?

DopedGoat
05-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Currently the servers struggle as it is. With another big influx of players i can't imagine How the game is going to lag aswell as the disconnects :(

Smiit
05-04-2014, 10:15 AM
They are providing numerous fixes to decrease lag when free to play comes out. They are eliminating all items in peoples claim items section as well as putting timers on them. People having hundreds of items in there was a major cause of lag.

DopedGoat
05-05-2014, 03:27 AM
Not quite sure how an igame item effects lag. Surely the fact they doubled all enemies instead of making them twice as strong is a major factor.

I've played.countless mmos and having 'stuff' hasn't effected the latency..

They closed servers down a few months ago. We used to gave a pvp server only then that got merged with the pvp one.

DopedGoat
05-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Sorry typing on phone :)

Smiit
05-05-2014, 06:22 AM
It works the same way as lag happening when there are too many people in one area. Except instead of people, items.

B_Draco
05-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Not quite sure how an igame item effects lag. Surely the fact they doubled all enemies instead of making them twice as strong is a major factor.

I've played.countless mmos and having 'stuff' hasn't effected the latency..

They closed servers down a few months ago. We used to gave a pvp server only then that got merged with the pvp one.

Think of it this way: The more stuff we have, the more memory space it takes up on the servers. I know people who have up to 1500 items in their claims...