PDA

View Full Version : defiance programmers wrecked the game

lonewolfchris
05-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I would like to know why you made the game so hard to play. The enemies have over 100,00 points to kill them. When you have to shoot them with two high number clips with over charge on to kill one, this was very stupide on your part to make the game more interesting. I will not be wasting any more of my time playing this game and telling my friends to get ridge of their game. This was a great game to play up to now.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Ummm... i just got back from over 10 months of not playing and the game was never easy... it was always a challenging game. Rage quitting over a challenge is just silly. The main issue with the game is the CRITICAL ERROR issue that continues to disconnect people a year after the games initial release! THAT is a reason to ragequit... not a challenge! Do yourself a favor and never buy a game called Dark Souls lol.

Etaew
05-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Did you remove their armor plates before shooting them using a bio nano effect?

Have you upgraded your weapon power rating to your EGO Rating?

Festival
05-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Ummm... i just got back from over 10 months of not playing and the game was never easy... it was always a challenging game. Rage quitting over a challenge is just silly..

So is calling making enemies nothing but giant sacks of hit points "challenging." It isn't challenging, it just takes a lot longer. The only "challenge" in that is staying awake during the absurdly protracted combats.

Yes, the game was too easy. Players were basically in god mode. Instead of making the enemies as dangerous to the players as vice-versa (which would have actually made sense), the devs essentially gave god mode to the NPC, probably the laziest "solution" to the problem imaginable. They've been tweaking things into more playable shape, but that's only going to do so much when the basic approach was wrong-headed.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
So is calling making enemies nothing but giant sacks of hit points "challenging." It isn't challenging, it just takes a lot longer. The only "challenge" in that is staying awake during the absurdly protracted combats.

Yes, the game was too easy. Players were basically in god mode. Instead of making the enemies as dangerous to the players as vice-versa (which would have actually made sense), the devs essentially gave god mode to the NPC, probably the laziest "solution" to the problem imaginable. They've been tweaking things into more playable shape, but that's only going to do so much when the basic approach was wrong-headed.

"Did you remove their armor plates before shooting them using a bio nano effect?

Have you upgraded your weapon power rating to your EGO Rating?"

Festival
05-04-2014, 04:17 PM
"Did you remove their armor plates before shooting them using a bio nano effect?

Have you upgraded your weapon power rating to your EGO Rating?"

Of course.

I shoot pretty straight, too (well, not so much so with the SAW that's my best bio-nano weapon, but I can drop the plates pretty quickly). I have a very good OJ Respark, very good guns, and I know what I'm doing. I'm not an elite player like Fuzzle, Arkist Guardian, or Kiera Ingram...but I'm pretty decent.

Doesn't change a thing that I said above. At TL10, it still takes multiple magazines to drop some minions (although they have made it a bit less of a mind-numbing grind with the last hotfix). There's still the feeling that some prankster has replaced your weapons with Airsoft replicas. Besides, that kind of "here's the one and only truly workable tactic and loadout" rubbish is also lazy developing.

I reiterate: all these core gameplay changes were an answer to a question no one was asking.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I can solo just about anything so far, but once someone with a higher ego rating comes around it gets tough. I've noticed a few times the difficulty has been pretty absurd, to the point where the few of us that were in the area could barely stand up after being knocked down and we got knocked right back down again. But when i first started playing when the game launched it was a lot worse. I'm going through the game now on a new account and every mission and event is about 2 times easier. We didn't have spikes or stims back then and everything seemed to hit twice as hard.

Bonehead
05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
The only "challenge" in that is staying awake during the absurdly protracted combats.

Agreed.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy34_zpsed62ad69.gif

SethC
05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't call it hard, just tedious-- ok maybe the ark breaks can be "hard" when you're getting pounded by Volge bombers for the first hundred deaths.

Tapping their less spongie spots with a wolfhound seems to do the trick, though.

DSW
05-04-2014, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't call it hard, just tedious-- ok maybe the ark breaks can be "hard" when you're getting pounded by Volge bombers for the first hundred deaths.

Tapping their less spongie spots with a wolfhound seems to do the trick, though.
the bombers and ridiculous amount of ark troppers with their reach-you-anywhere clusternades. half of the time you can only guess where it came from while holding T...

SethC
05-04-2014, 08:59 PM
the bombers and ridiculous amount of ark troppers with their reach-you-anywhere clusternades. half of the time you can only guess where it came from while holding T...

I don't have anything against the troopers, it's those bombers ! You start shooting one and next thing you know you got a crap ton of pink homing fairies on your butt; it's like they all gang up on you. As soon as I respawn I just run to the top and start working on clearing the bombers, after that it's smooth sailing. :D

DSW
05-04-2014, 09:36 PM
I don't have anything against the troopers, it's those bombers ! You start shooting one and next thing you know you got a crap ton of pink homing fairies on your butt; it's like they all gang up on you. As soon as I respawn I just run to the top and start working on clearing the bombers, after that it's smooth sailing. :D

maybe you wasn't attending volge non-incursion sieges for a long time? first, it could jump to TL10 with 6 players (most of them are in their mid-3K or 4K). and even if there's 30-40 players, you're still in danger of eating a metric butt-ton of those clusternades in a row, because they just ported another dosen of angry troopers right behind you. worst cases are at North Point and Bathhouse. you can run for 10 of 15 minutes just to get out of them. and then you forgot about that f'n bomber right over your head...
and yes, it gets a lot easier in incursions because of ark hunters outnumbering even double-spawning volge.

SethC
05-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Oh the Volge sieges ? I haven't been to one since the last hotfix -- well I was, but got disconnected. I was talking about the Ark Break ark falls. I'm definitely going to go to a Volge Siege later just to experience this pounding like I have all the others. :o

I know what you're talking about with those clusternades though. They've caught me countless times, even when I was away from them. When there's a ton of them it's hell.

Angel Silhouette
05-04-2014, 11:51 PM
They did a fairly good job of wrecking it for my friend and I. Shortly after the new DLC dropped, I had to empty 2 full magazines from my SMG (over 50 rounds each) into the face (literally, the face) of an ordinary raider to finally get him to drop. It wasn't difficult, it was just tedious and my friend was just absolutely through with the game.

Since then we've been playing other games. Hope keeps me coming back to the Defiance forums looking for good news, though.

The game was pretty fun, before; I was absolutely in love with it. It was a rally car leaping and diving over dunes in the Baja, but now it's a Reliant Robin struggling down a long long straight highway in the middle of Montana.