PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions From a Vet

ViLe Dr Smack
05-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Hi, all. I've returned to Defiance after not playing since June last year, and created a new character (my old one was halfway through his 2nd Playthrough of the campaign and I want to hit it again to refresh my memory). I naturally have some questions regarding the DLCs and how the game has changed in general. I searched the forums a bit but didn't find a lot of the info I wanted. If you could help with the following I would be extremely thankful!

1- I noticed that there are different "tiers" of difficulty in co-ops and other activities. Does this mean that the higher a player's level, the more damage he can do and receive, or is this simply meant to be more challenging and rewarding? I ask this because I remember how at launch level had hardly any meaning.

2- What does most of the player base focus on now? Is it PvP, co-ops, or grinding Arkfalls, or will I be able to find a group for whatever I may want to do?

3- DLC!! I bought the Season Pass near launch and now have 5 DLCs to play. Is there a recommended order, such as beating them in order, or beating the MQ first and THEN starting them? Thanks. If I have any more questions I will post.

By the way, I play on XB360 and my GT is ViLe Dr Smack if anyone wants to play sometime. I already have a clan but like having people to talk to during co-ops and Arkfalls.

ConcreteSnake
05-04-2014, 01:41 PM
1 - difficulty was just added with dlc 5. Standard is threat level 1 advanced is threat level 5 and expert is threat level 10.

2 - id say PvE is the big one now, dark matter arkfalls have chance at getting a legenday. PvP is pretty much broken

3 - dlc pretty much has nothing to do with the story

Gigibop
05-04-2014, 01:50 PM
1 - difficulty was just added with dlc 5. Standard is threat level 1 advanced is threat level 5 and expert is threat level 10.

2 - id say PvE is the big one now, dark matter arkfalls have chance at getting a legenday. PvP is pretty much broken

3 - dlc pretty much has nothing to do with the story

1. forgot to mention that for "other activities" the threat level will change depending on the number of people at the event and their egos
2. Pvp is hardly broken, every thing has a counter to it, even the ego grid perks. You'll be better of doing the zerg rush incursions, nice way to get exp/keys/guns.
3. Completely agree with snake on this, dlc you can do whenever you want

ViLe Dr Smack
05-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks, guys. Another question:

4- The EGO cap of 5000 was removed, right? Does that mean that there is no cap, or just that it was raised to 6000 or some other number? Also, are scrip drops increased with higher EGO ratings or threat levels? Thanks a ton! Returning to Defiance sure is daunting!

jschmuck33
05-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure on the exact number but I think the ego cap was raised to about 5800 or something around there. I don't know if drop rates for scrip increase at higher levels, honestly though, if you do incursions and arkfalls you can get a lot simply by managing to hit several enemies and getting the rewards they drop. Also with "woot loot" added for every time someone near you levels up their ego or a gun/vehicle skill you'll probably have more trouble finding things to spend it on rather then gathering it (although I hear the prices to buy guns from players on xbox is much higher than on other platforms).

In answer to the higher level dealing/taking more damage part of your original question. The answer is yes. In DLC 5 they added a progression system in which the higher ego you weapon (not your character) is, the more damage it will do, high ego shields also take more damage. You can use arkforge to up the level of a weapon/shield by 100 ego points in order to keep your favorite weapons/shields still usable after you level up yourself.

ConcreteSnake
05-04-2014, 03:02 PM
There currently is no cap, totals ego points available is 5806 including the 45 from cross over content that was taken out. More will be added soon with the new crossover content.

ViLe Dr Smack
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Damn, the game is easier than ever now, financially. I have 25k scrip and 90k salvage after 1 day, and my EGO rating is 190. That isn't to say I haven't had fun, though. The hard(er) combat is definitely more interesting, and I am definitely going to be doing more incursions in the future. Got 15k scrip, an ark forge, and about 70k salvage from that alone, but had more fun while doing it than I've ever had at an Arkfall! Thanks for the tips guys, see ya on the New Frontier (assuming you play on Xbox and live in North America)!

ConcreteSnake
05-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Dark matter arkfalls give legendary gear out like candy, I usually get 1-3 a day and possibly more depending on how many I go to and a power kill on the monolith is worth around 200,000 points which equates to roughly 30 keys and 30 arkforge at the end of it.