PDA

View Full Version : Your connection to the Defiance servers has timed out...

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I had this issue a YEAR ago on 360 and it caused me to just altogether quit. RAGE QUIT and trade in my copy. I heard the issue was resolved and decided to get it on PS3 for only $8... the same issue is occuring on PS3. I have no issues with any other online game and i have a MASSIVE online game library.

I hear some people don't have this issue , at least not as bad and would love to know why. Maybe it has to do with the distance from the server? I'm in upstate NY, maybe people closer don't have this problem as often? Either way it's ruining an otherwise very enjoyable game and if it continues there is no way i will continue playing, i mean it's 2-3 times and hour during peak gaming hours. Late at night and early morning seems to be unaffected which tells me it's a server issue and NOT on my end.

We have a grave issue upon us... the game is about to go F2P and with that there will be a SWARM of new players flooding the servers. It is of the utmost importance that this issue gets resolved ASAP before ANYTHING else is worked on or added to the game. OR, you are going to see the numbers drop off just as quickly as they come mark my words. And that's a shame because like i said, great game but held back by some serious server stability issues.

Noble_One
05-04-2014, 03:02 PM
tbh with the amount of bugs that already plague this game i have a really bad feeling f2p is just gonna leave is very sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths and the reviews are open a lot of eyes.

Olaf
05-04-2014, 03:05 PM
whoever told you that the disconnects were resolved deserves smack. if only the disconnects were resolved the game wud be a thousand times better than it currently is.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah and that sucks... i'm not one of those people who rage at the devs but they really need to get on this connection issue. I love the game and want to see it succeed and grow! I know how hard they work to patch bugs and add content and i've seen first hand how demanding that sort of work is. But this should be priority number one and should have been since launch.

I watched Vanguard (a GREAT mmorpg with good ideas) go down the tubes from bugs and technical issues. People didn't leave because they didn't like the game, they left because the bugs pushed them out because the game was unplayable! Well now the game IS playable with minor bugs and it's being shut down this July. The same fate will befall Defiance unless they make this issue priority number one and leave the DLC and other stuff for later. Vanguard was rushed out of the gate, and i hear Defiance was as well. It never pays to rush an mmo, the first few months to a year are CRITICAL. And i have a feeling the game would not be going F2P if people could actually STAY CONNECTED long enough to enjoy it.

Noble_One
05-04-2014, 03:28 PM
hence why when june rolls around its gonna be a make or break for the first 3 months the game is out. and yea for ps3/xbox this is gonna be a popcorn fest.

Wolfmoon2682
05-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I sincerely hope it's fixed by then or the game will be shut down without a doubt. I already have enough nostalgic memories of good games that couldn't cut it.