PDA

View Full Version : Need survival build for pve

Drakeos99
04-02-2013, 11:31 PM
What's good solo ego cause tried cloaking and I still get my *** rapes by grenade and rocker launchers so would overpower fix that didn't want decoy cause there no free ammo drop or loot drops from that ego talent also I'm ego level 250 and I use a courier saw shotgun with assault rifle

Drakeos99
04-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Wow still no reply -sad panda-

Dinova
04-03-2013, 05:10 AM
Use the enviroment :) You can just go face to face with a minigunner or nade-trower.

Hide, dodge, shoot, repeat.

There are a few ego-things that increase survivability though, i went with cloak and worked my way up to Decoy. There are 2 egothings that decrease damage taken,while crouching and standing still, total of 20% i believe.

So plan your fight, big bad mob? Snipe him first with a headshot. Up close? Melee him to interupt and shotgun in the face! I also prefer Pyro nades, they sometimes run away while burning.

Oh and getting a nade trown at you? Get the ... out of there :P

Beats
04-03-2013, 05:20 AM
There is a perk for health regen, and one for increased health, those both are useful if you want a survival build I suppose

Plays
04-03-2013, 05:26 AM
I'm no expert, but I would look at the perks between overcharge and decoy. There are some that will cause you to take less damage and one that will increase your HP. You get to these perks faster if you start from overcharge and work your way over from there. Also I like the idea that the best defence is a good offense :). Another option I see people using is cloak. I haven't messed around with that one too much, so I would recommend looking into one of the online ego calculators to see how best to go from there. One other thing you could try if you are having trouble with grenades is diving. I find that diving helps me to avoid almost all the damage from explosive weapons.
Hope this helps.

Mcdragon
04-03-2013, 05:33 AM
its called STOP CAMPING try moving if you dont wanna get hit by launchers and throwers

Saraya
04-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Use the enviroment :) You can just go face to face with a minigunner or nade-trower.

Hide, dodge, shoot, repeat.

There are a few ego-things that increase survivability though, i went with cloak and worked my way up to Decoy. There are 2 egothings that decrease damage taken,while crouching and standing still, total of 20% i believe.

So plan your fight, big bad mob? Snipe him first with a headshot. Up close? Melee him to interupt and shotgun in the face! I also prefer Pyro nades, they sometimes run away while burning.

Oh and getting a nade trown at you? Get the ... out of there :P

If it's any consolation, even with a fully perk unlocked character, you're not going to steam roll anything or have a significant advantage.

Good preparation, planning, use of environment, patience, aim, weapon damage and a bit of luck is what's going to make the difference.

Consider thinking of each loadout as a playstyle, with related guns and perks for that type of situation.

Ranged (sniper + LMG/Assault Rifle, with +dmg from behind, +dmg for mobs no in combat, +dmg on critical hits, with a fire DOT grenade for when the bullet isn't enough on one shot)

Close range (SMG+Shotgun, with +shield regen on critical hits, instant reload on critical, +grenade recharge on critical kill, with a static shock grenade to stun enemies while you reload)

Also remember that your stealth kick-starts your shield regen.