PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing Trion

vinceram
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks Trion for the new DLC.... now the disconnects and freezes are worse, plus my orange weapons are obsolete. Are you trying to PO your clients?

The only reason I'm hanging in there is the hope that a real gaming company will buy you out and make the game, that occasionally is really fun to play, and improve on it!

I know the "defiance purist" out there will chime in and tell me that I don't have to play, but I really love this game when it's working -- unfortunately that is rarely.

Wi7cher
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
On which system you are playing?

vinceram
05-05-2014, 09:33 AM
I know, I know.... the PS3. Memory leaks, PSN issues, blah, blah, blah. Why did trion develop the game for the PS3 if it is an inherently bad system to play MMO's on!

Oh, wait -- I know, it has something to do with making obscene amounts of money with limited outlay for support and improvement.

Sorry for the sarcasm. but it is SO frustrating playing this game on the PS3. it's like a bad itch that I keep wanting to scratch!

I appreciate the fact that they keep offering hotfixes, and patches, but lately it only seems to make things worse for me, I can't speak for others.

Wi7cher
05-05-2014, 10:44 AM
You are 100% right! I'm also playing on PS3 and you have to be VERY frustration-resistant. I hope TRION will fix the client software. Maybe the cleaning of the claims will also help.

Wolfmoon2682
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Idk man DCU seems to be doing just fine on my PS3! Why can't this?! Priority number one should be cleaning this game up! OH and i had the game for 360 when it was still relatively new and the same problems plagued that version as well so it's not just PS3. PS3 is actually superior in terms of MMORPG's I ALSO play Final Fantasy 14 ARR WITH NO ISSUES! And it's about 10x the size of defiance... I don't want to hear excuses JUST FIX IT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

N3gativeCr33p
05-05-2014, 08:06 PM
<snip> PS3 is actually superior in terms of MMORPG's <snip>

I'm sorry, but...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsx3v0sb4x1qzbl7f.jpg

vinceram
05-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Idk man DCU seems to be doing just fine on my PS3! Why can't this?! Priority number one should be cleaning this game up! OH and i had the game for 360 when it was still relatively new and the same problems plagued that version as well so it's not just PS3. PS3 is actually superior in terms of MMORPG's I ALSO play Final Fantasy 14 ARR WITH NO ISSUES! And it's about 10x the size of defiance... I don't want to hear excuses JUST FIX IT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate to admit it, but I sprung the $9.99 on the PC version just for the hell of it. I know I promised not to spend one more red cent to trion until they got it right, but I was sooo jealous of the PC crowd bragging about how well it worked, so....

First, your character isn't portable to the other systems, then, at least on my PC, the frame rate (or whatever makes the motion seem just not quite right) leaves something to be desired. I also noticed some more lag on certain action that don't seem to be present on the PS3, but at least I haven't been disconnected every ten minutes!

I just don't think I have the desire to play through the 1st 2 DLC's (I already did it twice on the PS#). I would really prefer that trion develops a PS4 version without all the "so-called" PS3 issues to hamper the playing.

we'll see.

Noble_One
05-05-2014, 08:39 PM

dcuo was actually designed originally for the ps3. it has its "derp" moments but none close to defaince. defiance was made to be multiplatfrom it just does real bad for lag and numerous bugs for consoles (in whom i feel really sorry for... and the game goes f2p when?)

N3gativeCr33p
05-06-2014, 06:03 AM
dcuo was actually designed originally for the ps3. it has its "derp" moments but none close to defiance.

Happy to see that someone else remembers this...