PDA

View Full Version : Successful Arkful Missions

theycallmelaz
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Ok I know alot of you know this already so this mostly for people who have yet to do or haven't figured out how to do the Arkfall challenges

Obviously shoot the weak spot on the crystals (yellowly orange disc shapes that appear on the crystal when the skitterlings bite the crystal... so don't shoot those bugs!)

When doing the Hellion remember after you have shot the three heads on the main parasite and the giant flying one comes out it will eventually retreat back inside.

After this happens everyone should go for the Monarch bugs as we have noticed as soon as you kill them the flying one appears again.

I know this is a bit of an essay but I hope this info can help some new players! :-)

Schwa
04-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Also, don't just "go for" the Monarch bugs. Much of the time/ammo issues come from people just unloading on these mobs, and not aiming for their weak spots.

theycallmelaz
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Also, don't just "go for" the Monarch bugs. Much of the time/ammo issues come from people just unloading on these mobs, and not aiming for their weak spots.

Oh yeah good point... run around to the back of them and shoot them that way or they will do a move where they are on their back legs and expose their stomach which is also a weak spot so blast them then

SparX
04-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Ok I know alot of you know this already so this mostly for people who have yet to do or haven't figured out how to do the Arkfall challenges

Obviously shoot the weak spot on the crystals (yellowly orange disc shapes that randomly appear on the crystal)

When doing the Hellion remember after you have shot the three heads on the main parasite and the giant flying one comes out it will eventually retreat back inside.

After this happens everyone should go for the Monarch bugs as we have noticed as soon as you kill them the flying one appears again.

I know this is a bit of an essay but I hope this info can help some new players! :-)

The weak spots on the crystal don't randomly appear. QUIT shooting skitterlings! They appear once the skitterlings bite the crystal

OneNineTwo
04-02-2013, 11:39 PM

This. Aim for the yellow areas when they reveal them (slits under Hellion's tail, slits on back of Monarch, underneath Monarch when he rears up on hind legs, etc)

Darkane
04-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Good thread. Thanks. Last night we lost the final Arkfall because no-one (myself included) knew how to get the bug to fly out from it's main body.

theycallmelaz
04-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Good thread. Thanks. Last night we lost the final Arkfall because no-one (myself included) knew how to get the bug to fly out from it's main body.

Yeah after failing a couple ourselves we decided to watch a few other people and as soon as the Monarchs were dying we knew we were on the right track!

DejaVooDoo
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
The weak spots on the crystal don't randomly appear. QUIT shooting skitterlings! They appear once the skitterlings bite the crystal

and stop constantly throwing grenades and rockets at the base of the crystal

Saraya
04-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Obviously shoot the weak spot on the crystals (yellowly orange disc shapes that appear on the crystal when the skitterlings bite the crystal... so don't shoot those bugs!)

Interestingly for a game that is supposedly lacking communication, it makes it clear what to do.

Now here's a REAL pro tip for players - don't ONLY do what is posted above. There's other mobs running around that need attention, kill them, be aware!

russell733
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Well there are also 3 different types of major Hellbug Arkfall, and also a Scrapper type further south

mr_mover34
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't forget to STOP DRIVING YOUR VEHICLES INTO ANY PART OF AN ARKFALL. You are just making the people who are trying to aim have a harder time.

Exes
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I found that the best way to do ark falls is to make sure that you don't get overwhelmed. The Scitterlings bite a piece off the crystal, then run away, dig in and spawn eggs/turrets/turn to bigger hell bugs. Also often the weakspots disappear as soon as they run off. So, let them bite, then kill them. If you didn't kill them you will face a much wider and harder amount of hellbugs which you then need to clear out.

What I usually do is kill those turrets/flying ones because they are annoying and can kill a whole group. Kill scitterlings if we get overwhelmed and to make sure we wont run out of ammo because everything they spawn will take more ammo than just killing them, plus they can drop ammo too.

Saraya
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Don't forget to STOP DRIVING YOUR VEHICLES INTO ANY PART OF AN ARKFALL. You are just making the people who are trying to aim have a harder time.

Eww that's annoying. Can't we somehow disable vehicles of being used within a certain vicinity to an Ark event?

Pizzarugi
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
And for those not interested in waiting for monarchs to expose their weakspots, you could use an infector. The bugs that spawn actually do a lot of damage and seems to mostly ignore damage mitigation from hellbug carapace. Maximize this by infecting weaker bugs (skitterlings NOT in the smaller crystal events and archers) which will die faster and the infector bugs will spawn in larger clusters.