PDA

View Full Version : Merge each servers match making together please!

PRE
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Im having the same problem I had during the beta for PVP. Getting a match when I want to play is impossible.

For example if I want to play shadow war, im not about to sit and wait it out for a hour. The same could be said for other modes as well, they all fill up very slowly if at all.

What I propose is that match making accounts for each server and puts everyone together. Right now server A plays with server A only. What I suggest is server A plays with servers B,C,D as well.

Im on PS3 by the way I don't know if that makes a difference.

Shrouded
04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Servers are based in the area in which you live, North America, Europe, Australia being a few examples. These servers are only separated based on the port (PC, PS3, XBox360). So what your asking is not possible because the different ports are not cross compatible. Connecting cross location servers (NA, EU, AUS) wouldn't work because it would destroy the quality of the experience (High ping / LAT issues)

Fiancee
04-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Ive started to worry a bit, sure I get it, its morning here in EU, most are in School/Work, but I played about 4 hour and shadow war didnt even pop once, closest we get was to 11 player to match.

Did this game sell so little. :confused:

Gonzo FK
04-03-2013, 03:16 AM
I've never been able to get into any PvP match either, everytime i try i get the "waiting for X amount of players to join" This could kill off the matchmaking part of game.

Fiancee
04-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Only explanation is matchmaking is ****ed up.. we should have cross-server-queue.

Uncle Coord
04-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Cross server queues would be truly horrendous, as servers are location based, which server would host?

If I am EU and I am queued with NA players, is the match on NA or EU server? In which case how will you deal with the fact that somebody is going to have 400+ ping and be teleporting across the map...

A bad idea from somebody who doesn't understand how servers work, he probably thinks each server only has 100 people in it...

Migrayne
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I don't think he means the us and EU server. He means the different instances of the world. I also suggested this back in beta. I sent many feedback about it but got no response.

PvP shadow wars and the PvP battles should pull from all players on the NA server not just the instance of it you happen to be on.

DC Zero
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't think he means the us and EU server. He means the different instances of the world. I also suggested this back in beta. I sent many feedback about it but got no response.

PvP shadow wars and the PvP battles should pull from all players on the NA server not just the instance of it you happen to be on.
Are you positive its not already set up like that? I can see shadow wars being shard specific because it's kind of like open world pvp, but I dont see why the competitive matches wouldn't pull from all the different instances in one region.

Fiancee
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Worked fine a few hour then stopped. Weird as its prime time, now. I think its matchmaking, they need to tweak it.

Chuck Zitto
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Had this same exact problem in beta. I am thinking the matchmaking isn't working right. There should ALWAYS be 30 people in north america or uk ready to go for a shadow war there are thousands of players playing.

discosoc
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Ive started to worry a bit, sure I get it, its morning here in EU, most are in School/Work, but I played about 4 hour and shadow war didnt even pop once, closest we get was to 11 player to match.

Did this game sell so little. :confused:

No clue on sales numbers, but I bet a large part of the problem is that most people don't seem to realize shadow war exists, much less how to access it. Trion did a really bad job with the UI. Simple things like accessing game content or exiting the game require some really counter intuitive steps. Binding a secondary game menu to a CTRL key is hardly the first thing I'd expect as a gamer...

I'd recommend telling people in chat how to access it, but chat is another issue with the UI so they probably wouldn't even see your comment, lol.

seros
04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I had the same issue in testing. It would always, always, show waiting for 22 or 23 more players. in the last beta it would go down to 19 then disappear and i would have to re-que and it would go back to 22 or 23 players. It was strange that every time i would que it said 22 or 23.

Hiero Glyph
04-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Servers are based in the area in which you live, North America, Europe, Australia being a few examples. These servers are only separated based on the port (PC, PS3, XBox360). So what your asking is not possible because the different ports are not cross compatible. Connecting cross location servers (NA, EU, AUS) wouldn't work because it would destroy the quality of the experience (High ping / LAT issues)

1) There is no AU server. All Oceanic players connec to EU.
2) The OP is talking about matchmaking across shards, not regional servers, as each shard is limited to 1,000 players.
3) It would work since every player is from the same region. Also, connections are not intolerable from around the world and AU players can have better connections than some US players on the NA server (there is a fiber line that connects AU to the US).