PDA

View Full Version : What are you all doing with your Cores? Mods or the new legendaries, or both?

Albion
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
When I first saw the new legendary vendor items I pretty much settled on getting one of the weapons along with the 4 matching Paradise or Chimera synergy mods. Total time to do this = 6 weeks, if you play every single day and don't miss any contracts.

But, to me, most of those weapons are very underwhelming. It's like they were just randomly generated, and poorly at that. The weapon rolls are all fairly bland (many of them have stowed weapon clip, a waste). They should have had one of us "design" the legendaries in there based on what we consider desirable. How about a double crit pistol? A double damage assault rifle? A double (or triple) fire rate SMG? Now that's what I consider legendary. It's as if the people who create this stuff don't play the game at all.

So that being the case, what are you all doing? I see a lot of people just not bothering at all and selling their legendary mods to people who don't want to wait to get them. Are the new synergies worth the less than desireable weapon tradeoff? Or are you just going to use the legendary mods on a backpack gun and care less about the synergy? I'm thinking a Unity Sumimoto with T5 mods would be pretty sweet.

Odessa
05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Currently I'm saving up for some Tier 5 mods for various backpack synergy weapons. I actually haven't glanced at the weapons enough to make a decision on them simply because most vendor weapons seem "Meh" compared to what you can pull/buy off someone.

SethC
05-05-2014, 03:49 PM
The weapons didn't really thrill me, so I'll probably use them for T5 mods. Right now though I'm going to horde my cores and see how much I can stack up. :D

BarrySciFi
05-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm going for the mods. The weapons are very average at best, and some are down right crap. Most of my weapons are cannoneer, so I'm going to put a power bore v and extended mag v in my VBI assault rifles, and just live without the extra nano proc.

Bentu
05-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Mods, need a barrel for my Zagger next :D

Lillith Valerian
05-05-2014, 05:29 PM
The weapons look randomized out of the Mediocre Factory located in Mehville. It'll be orange mods for backpack weapons, all the way.

Everything needs an overhaul. The whole vendor system just seems so half-assed. Trion's death-grip on synergies for randomized T3 mod "specials" is beyond tiresome. The Thorn vendor is a joke with no reason to frequent, once the pursuit is complete. The hidden vendors with unique skins are neato.....the very first time you use them. Then when you find out the weapons and rarity types never change, your reason to be excited and revisit them evaporates.

But at least we can buy epic mod boxes now, and get yet another Infector, Rocket Launcher, BMG and one random, actually possibly useful mod.....

Combo Breaker
05-05-2014, 05:39 PM
The Paradise Territory Synergy is awesome. I bought the Perforator and paid (dearly) others for the mods. The speed boost on a crit kill is really cool on an assault rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavA_57ab7k&list=PLiWXYxj9PwohvDssO6j93BdLo2vVaqzYY

Lillith Valerian
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
The Paradise Territory Synergy is awesome. I bought the Perforator and paid (dearly) others for the mods. The speed boost on a crit kill is really cool on an assault rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavA_57ab7k&list=PLiWXYxj9PwohvDssO6j93BdLo2vVaqzYY

I have to hand it to you for keeping calm with that bug, as you were modding that gun. There are quite a few people that would have gotten pretty upset when the damage didn't move, and then flip their cork when it went *drastically down* after adding a T5 mod. "All that work...millions of Scrip...for THIS!?!" *insert table flip/console smash/PC toss*

Admit it, it must have made your stomach drop at least a little.

It's going to be a contender for a classic Defiance glitch...

TriGlav 2000
05-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Only 6 more weeks and I can buy Perforator and then additional 3-4 weeks per mod, so only 19 weeks to have fully moded one.

Combo Breaker
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I have to hand it to you for keeping calm with that bug, as you were modding that gun. There are quite a few people that would have gotten pretty upset when the damage didn't move, and then flip their cork when it went *drastically down* after adding a T5 mod. "All that work...millions of Scrip...for THIS!?!" *insert table flip/console smash/PC toss*

Admit it, it must have made your stomach drop at least a little.

It's going to be a contender for a classic Defiance glitch...

I was worried more than just a little. I was determined I was going to mod that gun. I was so happy that it rolled damage for XP on the first go.

Nightmare Walkin
05-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Only 6 more weeks and I can buy Perforator and then additional 3-4 weeks per mod, so only 19 weeks to have fully moded one.

1 week x daily =7 cores + weekly(3) = 10 cores per week so u must be skipping 101 to take 6 weeks(101 again? in a confused unhappy voice is heard often in area. Lol) 2 weeks for a weapon and one week per mod. 6 weeks grind will get fully modded oj(per toon ;-) )

TriGlav 2000
05-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Non-DLC owner here and I skipped 2 weeks because I wasn't aware that Paradise can award 3 cores for non-DLC owners.

Nightmare Walkin
05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
No disrespect was intended, btw. I thought u were going off previous post of 6 weeks and adding to that. You know what's going on. I just hate when someone has misinformation and knowledgeable people lazily don't help. Sorry u missed out bro. I found out accidentally from a non dlc friend.

eaglepowers
05-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Nice vid Combo. 25% clip reload is for stowed weapon. Your stowed weapon is your secondary weapon. It's clip gets a 25% reload. It took me a while to figure this out too.

drackiller
05-06-2014, 12:29 AM
1 week x daily =7 cores + weekly(3) = 10 cores per week so u must be skipping 101 to take 6 weeks(101 again? in a confused unhappy voice is heard often in area. Lol) 2 weeks for a weapon and one week per mod. 6 weeks grind will get fully modded oj(per toon ;-) )

I have season pass and i haven`t played a single Expert Coop...i`m afraid :)

internaut
05-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Im married with kds, so I'll have to multiply my grind times by 10 and hopefully by the end of the year I'll have my first fully modded OJ.

Bonehead
05-06-2014, 12:32 AM
I have season pass and i haven`t played a single Expert Coop...i`m afraid :)

Me too Drac, me too.

Afraid the bullet sponges will put me to sleep.

drackiller
05-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Me too Drac, me too.

Afraid the bullet sponges will put me to sleep.
LOl, i was kidding ofcourse.
But i`m one of those people that like to go to the matchs prepared, i wasn`t high EGO enough in my opinion to do EXP COops, and i don`t like to slowdown anyone.
Now that i`m near 4800 EGO i think that i`ll start doing them.
Except from some Volge incursions, the Viscera in particular moments seems to absorve the bullets taking no damage , and i think that it is a glitch because the TL is 10 most of that time and i can put them down fairly well.
But now i think that i`ll start doing them, i`m also counting with the help of some cool players on the EU server. :)

Tekrunner
05-06-2014, 01:51 AM
The weapons look randomized out of the Mediocre Factory located in Mehville. It'll be orange mods for backpack weapons, all the way.

It's even worse than that, some of the rolls on these weapons don't exist naturally, so they must have been specifically designed with them. Who thought that an orange x1.15 mag mod would be a good idea?

A few of them are decent, but for the most part I'd rather add orange mods to my existing, top weapons.

Combo Breaker
05-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Nice vid Combo. 25% clip reload is for stowed weapon. Your stowed weapon is your secondary weapon. It's clip gets a 25% reload. It took me a while to figure this out too.

I always thought of it as like a stowed mag. It never struck me it actually meant the weapon on my back. Nice bit of info.

Manstan
05-06-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what the differences is in the colors/tiers. I've dumped OJs because I have gotten white weapons with better stats. Used to be; back in the alpha, the color was base on open slots, 0-4 so T5 or Ojs had 4 open mod slots.

Overtkill21
05-06-2014, 07:23 AM
I need the Chimera purchases for the pursuit so I'm buying the mods only. The Chimera weapons are complete trash.

ConcreteSnake
05-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I need the Chimera purchases for the pursuit so I'm buying the mods only. The Chimera weapons are complete trash.

just buy 1 arkforge for 10 rep+1000 scrip. I already got all 10 done this way

bigguy
05-06-2014, 07:46 AM
I made a thread about the weapons being complete trash the day after they came out. Unfortunatly what im doing with my cores is top secret and if i told you id have to kill you.

dramaQkarri
05-06-2014, 07:51 AM
In light of all the info in this thread, and also that I already have way too many OJ's to weed thru, I'm going to be hoarding cores for quite awhile.

Ashlocke
05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
What are you all doing with your Cores?

Absolutely nothing, because I am not earning cores. I can't stand the way the LFT system works, and since (to my knowledge) there aren't any optional contracts for solo players or at the very least open world contracts where I can do them solo or with random players helping, that pretty much means no cores for me.

N3gativeCr33p
05-06-2014, 08:47 AM
The Chimera weapons are complete trash.

Thanks for the warning!

Absolutely nothing, because I am not earning cores.

You and me both. It would probably help my cause if I played more often, but since the scaling is still somewhat of an issue...

Seizan
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Im married with kds, so I'll have to multiply my grind times by 10 and hopefully by the end of the year I'll have my first fully modded OJ.

New Mastery Roll

Children: -20% character progression for each equipped child

mclumpo
05-06-2014, 09:46 AM
just buy 1 arkforge for 10 rep+1000 scrip. I already got all 10 done this way

Wait......it sells arkforge?

Overtkill21
05-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Wait......it sells arkforge?

Yessir, a whopping 1 (ONE) Arkforge for the low, low price of 1000 Scrip and 10 Rep points.

I need the Orange Mods but...I may just do as Concrete suggests...otherwise all those purchases will take FOREVER.

10 Cores per week at max earning. 1 week per mod purchase - 10 weeks for the pursuit, nah...

Combo Breaker
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
They need to add a title to the Chimera vendor as well. We could spend rep on that as well. The thing is it has to say:

" I bought Archtech Revolution and all I got was a title"

SethC
05-06-2014, 07:11 PM
The thing is it has to say:

" I bought Archtech Revolution and all I got was a title"
What about that awesome outfit we got ? :p

Manstan
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Think there might be a lesson to learn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Aqx2MEQWI

Combo Breaker
05-07-2014, 04:27 AM
What about that awesome outfit we got ? :p

It was supposed to be like those silly t-shirts. Kind of a joke. I went to such and such and all I got was this shirt.

SethC
05-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Hehe I get it. I actually think that would be pretty funny to see in the game.

WE NEED THIS TITLE PRONTO TRION !!

rydda
05-07-2014, 05:09 AM
When I first saw the new legendary vendor items I pretty much settled on getting one of the weapons along with the 4 matching Paradise or Chimera synergy mods. Total time to do this = 6 weeks, if you play every single day and don't miss any contracts.

But, to me, most of those weapons are very underwhelming. It's like they were just randomly generated, and poorly at that. The weapon rolls are all fairly bland (many of them have stowed weapon clip, a waste). They should have had one of us "design" the legendaries in there based on what we consider desirable. How about a double crit pistol? A double damage assault rifle? A double (or triple) fire rate SMG? Now that's what I consider legendary. It's as if the people who create this stuff don't play the game at all.

So that being the case, what are you all doing? I see a lot of people just not bothering at all and selling their legendary mods to people who don't want to wait to get them. Are the new synergies worth the less than desireable weapon tradeoff? Or are you just going to use the legendary mods on a backpack gun and care less about the synergy? I'm thinking a Unity Sumimoto with T5 mods would be pretty sweet.

Some of the guys at trion are not dummy they built those weapon for a reason it is hidden plans they got for us to figure it out most of the time you will not find untill a long time messing with the weapon you will see in do time.
Trion weapon builders I give them respect with some of there handy work. Look between the lines or think out side the box you will find what they did.

oO Gaul Oo
05-07-2014, 06:12 AM
At the moment I am stock piling the cores. But a member of my clan suggested that if you pulled a damage roll on the Perforator that it would be one hell of a beasty Assault Rifle. So that's my goal so save up enough cores to buy the gun and all the mods in one hit.

Manstan
05-07-2014, 06:30 AM
It's still a mystery to me why I can upgrade some weapons but not all weapons. The upgrade option is only given for a very few of the weapons I find. I did manage to upgrade a T4 sub-crabine, then found a better one the next day; a T3. So...

SethC
05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
It's still a mystery to me why I can upgrade some weapons but not all weapons. The upgrade option is only given for a very few of the weapons I find. I did manage to upgrade a T4 sub-crabine, then found a better one the next day; a T3. So...

Did you have the weapon equipped in a loadout ? I noticed when you have the weapon equipped you cannot upgrade its EGO rating.

Manstan
05-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I've tried that, I think in order for me to upgrade it I have to have full mastery of the weapon type; L20?

Albion
05-07-2014, 10:25 AM
I've tried that, I think in order for me to upgrade it I have to have full mastery of the weapon type; L20?

When you say "upgrade", you mean increase the ego rating of the weapon, right? Just want to make sure I understand you...you can only upgrade a weapon up to your current ego level. Sometimes you get weapon drops, or weapons in vendors or as rewards, and those weapons are 100 points lower than your current ego. Why this happens, I have no idea. Those weapons can be upgraded immediately because you are just raising them up to where your ego currently is. As your ego goes up, you can go back and upgrade other guns and shields, as long as your ego is at least 100 points above the gun or shield ego. Hope that helps.

SethC
05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I forgot about the 100 rating thing. Those are the only two factors I know of that disallow you from upgrading the rating of your weapon. The 100 point increase wasn't really thought through too well now that I think about it. They should of had a modifier that allowed you to increase the rating by a single point or two, each point added raises the amount of ark forge it will take to adjust the weapon to that rating. It would be a whole lot more flexible seeing that you could adjust a weapon of 5500 to the value of 5564.

Manstan
05-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I got ya. But as fast as I find better weapons I might be better off just waiting till the drop weapons stats aren't going up so fast/often. I'm changing up at least one weapon everyday.