PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand the logic behind legendaries

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
in the last two weeks, i have spent 7.6 million ark salvage on keycodes to pull tier 2, 3, and 4 boxes. in that two weeks, those boxes have netted me 2 orange weapons, 1 orange shield, and 1 orange grenade. that ark salvage total was my starting number, and does not include stuff from my claims i have broken down, or anything picked up off of the ground, so can say pretty honestly that i probably spent well over 8 million. as you can see, i recieved a lot of nothing for such a large expenditure.

with the f2p news, anyone will be able to upgrade any weapon to legendary level by spending ark forge. we dont have a cost as of yet, but it doesnt matter. the fact that i did exactly what i was supposed to, and that is grind for hours and hours to accumulate currency to buy keys to pull boxes, recieved no reward of any kind. but any player that picks up anything off of the ground and has 40 bucks on their credit card can have an orange weapon in minutes.

is this really working as intended?

Bonehead
05-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I'll take "yes" for 600 Alex.

Noble_One
05-05-2014, 08:48 PM
in the last two weeks, i have spent 7.6 million ark salvage on keycodes to pull tier 2, 3, and 4 boxes. in that two weeks, those boxes have netted me 2 orange weapons, 1 orange shield, and 1 orange grenade. that ark salvage total was my starting number, and does not include stuff from my claims i have broken down, or anything picked up off of the ground, so can say pretty honestly that i probably spent well over 8 million. as you can see, i recieved a lot of nothing for such a large expenditure.

with the f2p news, anyone will be able to upgrade any weapon to legendary level by spending ark forge. we dont have a cost as of yet, but it doesnt matter. the fact that i did exactly what i was supposed to, and that is grind for hours and hours to accumulate currency to buy keys to pull boxes, recieved no reward of any kind. but any player that picks up anything off of the ground and has 40 bucks on their credit card can have an orange weapon in minutes.

just really playing devils advocate here but.... so? how does this in anyway effect your gameplay? people will come to a split in the road. some will choose one way as others choose the opposite. their choice doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is what road you choose. it may seem one road may look easier than the other but from a stand point to all... the road traveled by the least amount is often the most rewarding road in time.

just play.

mr8liner
05-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Quick question. Did you get all of those teir 2,3 and 4 from the same lockbox??

I tend to find that getting 9 t2 boxes then filling up on keycodes and going to another lockbox works best. ( for me that is)

I have spent maybe 25% of what you did and have gotten a few shield 4-5 grenades and half dozen or more orange weapons.

I only get t2,because my main goal is to get Arkforge, the oranges are a bonus. I know there are some day where you will get better stuff then other days. If I get 36 t2 boxes and get crap from them I don't get anymore until the next day.

Trions intention of putting the script cost to buying keycodes was because they dont want people getting a crap load at one time. They pretty much just want people to get a few keys that they are short to get something

rydda
05-05-2014, 08:59 PM
All it is is one more bonus on it or two.
I have blues an purple weapons with better stats then org. Only some of them

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-05-2014, 09:37 PM
@noble - my gameplay isnt affected at all, and im not sure why you even mention my gameplay. i dont see how it ties into my op.

@liner - i bought boxes at almost every vendor. id pull 9-18 from one then travel to another for more.

@rydda - its not about the rolls. its about the fact that those of us who follow the "longer more fulfilling" path do not get anything fulfilling at the end, but those who follow the "swipe card here" path will have access to the rarest loot in game with no effort involved

my point isnt that i want an orange... i have about 160 of em. my point is that PLAYING players should be able to obtain gear as easily as PAYING players will be able too

eaglepowers
05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I believe Defiance is going f2p because it has too. Would anyone prefer them to shut the servers down or like to donate money to keep the game going?

I wouldn't but I'm ok w/ making sacrifices like Defiance going f2p and having others paying for stuff like arkforge. Paying for things in game isn't fun for me so I'm super appreciative of those that contribute to keep the game I love going.

It's really hard finding nicely rolled anything and it takes a lot of experimenting to find out what's best for a particular gun or situation. People who buy and don't grind won't have as much success with this or be as proficient in game. Also, with the nano changes we need our fav guns in multiple flavors so I'm glad Trion is giving us more chances to tweak.

Sure I'm a little jealous of those who are willing to spend lots of money to get nice things fast but the bottom line is they're keeping the lights on and deserve something nice and some respect.

ironcladtrash
05-05-2014, 09:53 PM
my point isnt that i want an orange... i have about 160 of em. my point is that PLAYING players should be able to obtain gear as easily as PAYING players will be able too

I think you're looking at it slightly wrong. As long as they keep the price to upgrade rarity with ark forge reasonable, you'll be able to to do the same thing through playing. Instead of chasing legendaries with keys, you'll be chasing ark forge. You can easily get ark forge through events and lock boxes. Otherwise I have very similar experience to you, with very little reward or worthwhile reward.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
well i guess im in the wrong here then. congrats to all the upcoming new players who dont have to work for anything in game.

drackiller
05-06-2014, 12:34 AM
well i guess im in the wrong here then. congrats to all the upcoming new players who dont have to work for anything in game.

Don`t take me wrong on this one but, better them to pay than us.

Tsort
05-06-2014, 01:43 AM
So roughly how many ArkForges did you get from that many boxes?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-06-2014, 01:48 AM

the first 3 or 4 million i got a total of 220 arkforge... the last half of my salvage was mostly tier 2s and i recieved about 1100 arkforge total.

on a positive note, if anyone needs to borrow damage or ammo spikes, i have got a looooot to share

Combo Breaker
05-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Dark Matter

AlyssaSammi
05-06-2014, 05:24 AM
They work in RL....to keep the lights on :>))

rydda
05-06-2014, 06:02 AM
I believe Defiance is going f2p because it has too. Would anyone prefer them to shut the servers down or like to donate money to keep the game going?

I wouldn't but I'm ok w/ making sacrifices like Defiance going f2p and having others paying for stuff like arkforge. Paying for things in game isn't fun for me so I'm super appreciative of those that contribute to keep the game I love going.

It's really hard finding nicely rolled anything and it takes a lot of experimenting to find out what's best for a particular gun or situation. People who buy and don't grind won't have as much success with this or be as proficient in game. Also, with the nano changes we need our fav guns in multiple flavors so I'm glad Trion is giving us more chances to tweak.

Sure I'm a little jealous of those who are willing to spend lots of money to get nice things fast but the bottom line is they're keeping the lights on and deserve something nice and some respect.

Im not afraid to say I pay for trions lights, iv put what I can in it after my bill.
some of us have a hard time grinding cuz of the full time job we have less time on game so the buying part help us keep up to you guys.
the week end or a day off is when we can grind or after work for a hour or 2 hours.
yes it takes alot to work with a gun but we can do it to.
I do work for my stuff a little hard then most grind if I have time.

XPac
05-06-2014, 06:14 AM

Seems fair to me.

To get what you want you either grind in the game to earn ark forge, or you grind at your REAL job to earn REAL money to buy what you want at their store.

I'd personally rather spend time in the game playing than spend real money because to me at least the stuff in their shop is a bit on the pricey side. But the point is you can get to the same place either way. It's just about how you want to do it.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
05-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Post Below I goofed on this one lol

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
05-06-2014, 06:22 AM

Yesterday honestly i have got approx 500 by opening about....15 - 19 T2 lockboxes.
Today i spent arksalvage and script offcourse and opened 10. i got 170 Arkforge total

I do notice when i reach a certain high numbers. PER DAY, arkforges DO NOT Drop much later down the Per Day Period (24hrs)
I only get lots more after 24hrs.

At least for me

I had 1400 Arkforges last night. I spent on a BMG upgrade (Don;t ask why lol)
Arkforge I got left Last night was 240

This morning as i said above after receiving. I saw on stats total of 410

I don;t think this will last long tho lol

The Whitetiger
05-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I dont know what is, or im just on a big run of luck the past few days, but i keep getting legendaries after major arkfalls. I cant pull a OJ out of the box to save my life. But almost justsbout every Dark Matter Arkfall i get s legendary as a end reward. Most of them have no nano, but the synergies and rolls are pretty good. So maybe try some more majors, it has worked for me:)

bigguy
05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Dont ever mention in any threads where or how many legendaries you get it will most definitly lead to a nerf and you wont get them anymore.

3rdpig
05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Sounds to me like the OP doesn't understand how most of us obtain money, or that credit cards eventually have to be paid.

But either way, welcome to the wonderful world of Free To Play, or "Freemium", gaming. Where you can work your *** off in the game to get stuff, or you can get stuff with money, which most of us have worked our ***** off to get.

Ashlocke
05-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I find talk of legendaries amusing. Mainly because in Defiance all that means is that your weapon is orange. It doesn't mean it's a good weapon, it just means it's orange.

If orange meant something, then all this concern would mean something as well.

I just can't bring myself to care about something that's almost guaranteed to be worthless. This of course is only my experience in the oranges I have personally received from the glorious random number generator. Perhaps one day it will smile upon me... yeah right.

Atticus Batman
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Op, yes they can take that very first gun they find and pay to upgrade it completely, but it will still be a no nano no synergy piece of crap since they are so low a level. Not only that but you should know by now that very few vendor guns are that great. Those of us who do play a bit and pick up all the weapon drops will have more weapons to choose from, (plus as vets we know more about the rolls,nanos and syns than they do) so we can pick and choose what will work best for us then grind for the forge and upgrade from there to get our almost perfect to perfect gun, while they are paying to level up their crap into legendary crap.

Besides while we are building our great guns, they are paying to keep the game running buy paying to level crap to legendary crap status with real money. Sounds fine to me.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
Sounds to me like the OP doesn't understand how most of us obtain money, or that credit cards eventually have to be paid.

But either way, welcome to the wonderful world of Free To Play, or "Freemium", gaming. Where you can work your *** off in the game to get stuff, or you can get stuff with money, which most of us have worked our ***** off to get.

your right pig, i have no idea how most of you obtain money. me myself? i get up in the morning, get dressed, and go to work. i get paid an hourly wage for the time i work. i am an oilfield worker, so i have a very time demanding, physically intensive job that requires me to work most holidays and weekends. my weekly average is probably somewhere between 84-96 hours of work.

obviously, from your post, you work much harder than i do to earn your money, so i am glad that i have my job and not yours. as far as paying bills, i understand the concept, and to be honest i even have a lot of my own that i pay on a weekly/monthly basis. i know that is a huge shock to you, since you have decided to paint such a vivid picture of me here as an unknowing troll. for future reference, i would strongly suggest you know something about the person you are posting **** about BEFORE you decide to post **** about them.

Tsort
05-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Play a game of Defiance Checkers. If one of your pawn gets to the last row, you can turn it into a king. Or you can use your hard-earned $$ and turn your pawns into kings right now. Because, you know, who cares about the rules, I have the money!

rydda
05-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Here lately iv been picking up alot of good purple weapons off the ground it has some good stats on them some better then org. Weapons.

me I believe that it doesn't matter if you grind or pay for stuff you are still on the game, hanging out with friends, working to help clan mates.
theres always some thing to do. Most of the F2P players are on PC any ways. Still more people joining us.

Hopeisdead
05-07-2014, 05:01 AM
RNG...

Some people may come here and tell you that they bought exactly 5 tier 2s and got 8 OJs from it... How many OJs you got from your endeavour does not lead to any conclusion based around changes to owner of Boxed or Digital copy of Defiance after Defiance go F2p. It simply does not follow.
Beside most of the epics/legendaries etc. are just trash anyway. Legendary is Legendary when it has unicorn rolls and they are as rare for epics as for legendaries. Considering that you can have unicorn epic and try to roll it legendary does not give you unicorn legendary.