PDA

View Full Version : unofficial client stats

vinceram
05-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm wondering if the connection issues with the PS3 is due to the large volume of PS3 clients versus Pc/xbox.

does anyone know what the client numbers are per system. I seem to think that the PS3 community is the largest of the group.

Manstan
05-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I doubt that.

ConcreteSnake
05-06-2014, 02:18 PM
I've heard its Xbox, PC, ps3. I wouldn't doubt that it actually comes down to RAM. ps3 and Xbox both have 512 Mb ram but ps3 is split into 256 for games and 256 for operating system, Xbox uses a changing variable and can use almost all 512 if it needs

3rdpig
05-06-2014, 05:14 PM
In every multi platform game I've played the PS3 has always had the most connectivity and stability issues. It's also had the smallest player base as well. I remember one of the devs talking about it in ME3, he was treading lightly, but there was no mistaking his opinion that it was a hardware limitation of the PS3.

SethC
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
I run a fatboy PS3 and the internet connection is pretty crap without a wire. Say if I go to a major ark fall with a lot of people, it starts struggling, then people start running in place, and BOOM DNS Error. Then again my internet was always crap, but I think it got worse. xD

Manstan
05-07-2014, 06:10 AM
I run a fatboy PS3 and the internet connection is pretty crap without a wire. Say if I go to a major ark fall with a lot of people, it starts struggling, then people start running in place, and BOOM DNS Error. Then again my internet was always crap, but I think it got worse. xD

Talk to your ISP, seems throttling back connection speed to companies that wont pay to have their service on the ISP, is becoming the norm. Try Netflix at 1 meg.