PDA

View Full Version : Modding 7th Legion Gashima

Extreme Rugburn
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
I just pulled this today and was wondering which barrel to mod it with, as I have all three barrels at T3 level already in my inventory. Should increase damage further, increase full damage radious, or increase minimum damage? I would love to here some peoples opinions.

7th Legion Gashima
Ego: 5231
Synergy: 7th Legion Fury (non-backpack)

XP: Unmastered
White: Magazine
Green: Full Damage Radious
Blue: Damage
Purple: 10% Ego on Reload
Orange: Damage

mia jo
05-06-2014, 04:23 PM
always damage with det. imo ! good luck on the roll !

ConcreteSnake
05-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Min dmg barrels are silly because a regular dmg barrel increase the min dmg as well, just not as much.

B_Draco
05-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Min dmg barrels are silly because a regular dmg barrel increase the min dmg as well, just not as much.

That and the barrel that increases damage radius is broken because it's supposed to increase the actual blast radius... So ALWAYS go for damage.

ConcreteSnake
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
That and the barrel that increases damage radius is broken because it's supposed to increase the actual blast radius... So ALWAYS go for damage.

um...actually blast radius and full dmg radius are 2 different things. Blast radius is the total size of the blast and the full damage radius is the size of the blast that does full damage. Full dmg radius happens somewhere inside the blast radius but that number is unknown.

Extreme Rugburn
05-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Awsome I have never really used detonators except in certain situations such as Dekuso and sometimes at Incursions. I have never had a really good one to even want to mod so this information helps, thank you all.

drackiller
05-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Awsome I have never really used detonators except in certain situations such as Dekuso and sometimes at Incursions. I have never had a really good one to even want to mod so this information helps, thank you all.

I think that Big Boomers are better than this one, at least they had bigger damage before this last patch. I also have one OJ Gashima around EGO 3K, i`m not sure if spending arkforge on this one to upgrade rating is a good thing. Just hit lvl 20 in Detonaters yesterday with a blue Big Boomer with prepared synergy.

Tsort
05-07-2014, 03:43 AM
That bonus should be merged with radius bonuses to make it worthwhile.

Extreme Rugburn
05-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I think that Big Boomers are better than this one, at least they had bigger damage before this last patch. I also have one OJ Gashima around EGO 3K, i`m not sure if spending arkforge on this one to upgrade rating is a good thing. Just hit lvl 20 in Detonaters yesterday with a blue Big Boomer with prepared synergy.

Well I dont have a Big Boomer, so this will have to suffice, and its only 100 lower than my ego which is only 50 arkforge which I can earn in an hour of gameplay.

B_Draco
05-07-2014, 08:53 PM
um...actually blast radius and full dmg radius are 2 different things. Blast radius is the total size of the blast and the full damage radius is the size of the blast that does full damage. Full dmg radius happens somewhere inside the blast radius but that number is unknown.

A Trion umm... Chatter or whatever said it's supposed to- Ohhhhh I just realized my mistake... In any case just go for damage.

jschmuck33
05-07-2014, 09:05 PM
With it being a 7th legion I would try a few times to get the 7th legion fury mods, especially in weapons that don't take long to empty the clip or reload, I have a Nazumi with two fury mods and it can start doing a lot of damage due to the reload damage bonus.

drackiller
05-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Well I dont have a Big Boomer, so this will have to suffice, and its only 100 lower than my ego which is only 50 arkforge which I can earn in an hour of gameplay.

Yeah but i`m near 4900 EGO now and my Gashima is 3K, do you see my dilemma ?

Extreme Rugburn
05-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah but i`m near 4900 EGO now and my Gashima is 3K, do you see my dilemma ?
Oh I thought you were refering to me and mine, my bad. Yea I totally understand as I have way too many weapons that are useless now do to scaling. I just sold or am selling most of my inventory. I picked and handful of things to keep and am leveling them one at a time. but when you have to level them 10-15 times its almost pointless unless its a main weapon or shield you always use.

Zugo
05-08-2014, 01:03 PM

This is a hard concept to explain without pictures so I'm going to agree with you in the hope that people take our word on it.

Damage radius is always the barrel you want to use on detonators.

Zugo
05-08-2014, 01:41 PM

The attached image is in reference to damage radius on detonators(also applies to rocket launchers)

When a damage radius barrel is attached to a detonator the area within the blast radius is altered. In effect the 100% damage area is increased within the full damage radius.

Since detonators receive their highest DPS output by hitting multiple targets you want that 100% applied to more enemies. This becomes especially useful when used with perks like deadly cascade and mastery bonuses that apply extra damage to multiple enemies.

A straight damage barrel will increase the damage across the board and apply more damage to single targets, but you will not increase the area within the full damage radius where 100% damage occurs.

NOTE: For the sake of simplicity my image only has three damage areas when if fact the actual damage is calculated within many concentric rings starting from the center of the full damage area.