PDA

View Full Version : Trion, lower the threat levels in open world events

3rdpig
05-06-2014, 10:29 PM
And do it before the game goes F2P. Your new players are going to wander into a Volge seige, a minor interior arkfall and be utterly destroyed and rage quit before spending money.

There's absolutely NO reason for a Volge Seige with 10-15 players present to have 30 enemies, what seems like 10 Ark Viscera, 10 Ark Bombers and 10 Ark Troopers. I spent more time rolling to avoid bombs and rockets than I did shooting. It's not fun and the noobs will be destroyed.

Also, fix it so that when two people go into a daily contract it doesn't go to TL 10 and double spawn the hardest enemies. Even if we can beat them it's too time consuming and just plain no damn fun. And if we wander in when there are a couple of noobs there and it goes to 10 they're going to be destroyed and quit.

In other words, the hordes of new gamers will include some whales and they need to NOT be chased away before they can blow their wad at the Paradise Sears. Comprende amigos?

cary2010haha
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I sad siege treat level should have different max level at differet zone, lower the siege's TL, lower the reward, but nubs can have fun.

but WM should always hard like hell, better make a enter require like : you can't dying more than one time and need to kill 30 mobs + 5 elites or you can't see the enter to ruin to WM fight.

Tekrunner
05-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Volge were always supposed to be the hardest type of enemy in the game, so it makes sense if the events that involve them are also difficult and dangerous for low EGO players. What doesn't make much sense is how low the rewards for doing a Volge Siege are. A chance at a mostly useless orange Volge battle rifle and 60k points for a challenging 15 minute events? That's not a good use of high level players' time...

drackiller
05-07-2014, 12:27 AM
I came to the conclusion that making the last stage of an incursion, the siege itself, it`s useless.
Yesterday during the San Francisco incursion i arrived at Bath House with near 80K points and ended around 130K.
The amount of times that we die when Bombers starts to hit us is staggering, they have laser precision and when you start getting pounded there`s no way to run from them. And also the Viscera, they some times stop receiving damage.
I love the challenge, but sometimes that it`s not a challenge, IT`S a MASSACRE.

And after that trouble getting for reward a crappy purple weapon...meh.

Tsort
05-07-2014, 03:37 AM
I got a purple Volge MkIII rifle. I liked it. Then it suddenly disappeared from my inventory. These Volges surely are a vicious bunch.

HeatherQc
05-07-2014, 05:19 AM
I agree, Trion should lower the THreat level a little. I'm ego 55XX and I get TL 6 when I group with my friend at ego 21XX TL goes to 8 and we get double enemies. Since my friend is low ego I end up saving her a lot and doing most of the killing.

I still wonder why we get double enemies, I'm not seeing any fun in that, it just get annoying.
I don't really mind the TL 10 but just stop the multipler enemies spawn

oO Gaul Oo
05-07-2014, 06:07 AM
I don't think Trion should lower the Threat Level, if anything I think they should increase it. Only with the higher threat levels do you find out if your load out is functional. And if it isn't chances are you will be becoming very familiar with the X button or the A button.

Many people in my clan would love it if Trion took one of the unused archipelagos that surround the map and gave it a Threat Level 20 a single mission to whatever ends and fill it with the most formidable enemies this game has to offer. And so that low ego players don't whine about getting pooped on this mission would only be available once you pass ego 5000.

You get a thumbs up from me on the Threat Level !

alienstookmybeer
05-07-2014, 06:36 AM
A chance at a mostly useless orange Volge battle rifle and 60k points for a challenging 15 minute events? That's not a good use of high level players' time...

Ok, I'm seeing the same thing. The only time I get oranges from regular sieges anymore is when they're Volge battle rifles, but I think they used to have a more likely chance to pop up than the other oranges.

Has anyone gotten an orange (non Volge Battle Rifle) from a regular siege (not incursion) since the last patch? Here we go again..

K Ron Spliffs
05-07-2014, 06:43 AM
The threat level is fine, If you are high EGO.

Who's idea was it to scale your EGO any way? It does hardly anything at all, you still are doing the same amount of DMG per shot as the same EGO you were.

The DLC makes it so you need your gear High ego, or its useless.

XPac
05-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Ok, I'm seeing the same thing. The only time I get oranges from regular sieges anymore is when they're Volge battle rifles, but I think they used to have a more likely chance to pop up than the other oranges.

Has anyone gotten an orange (non Volge Battle Rifle) from a regular siege (not incursion) since the last patch? Here we go again..

I got an orange BMG recently.

bigguy
05-07-2014, 07:03 AM
The threat level is ok in some places and not others. Volge sieges are just ridiculous and need to be toned down which should be possible with just less enemies spawning. The same thing with conflict sites , they should have less enemies spawning at level 10 so it doesnt take a half hour to complete with three people.

@ Gaul at ego 5000+ im ok with all the threat levels as they are but this game isnt about just me or you alone its an mmo and everyone should be able to play together , for you to say they should jack up the threat level for you when others are struggling is selfish. You need your own shard with threat level 20 too bad they cant do that.

I agree with the OP the threat levels need more tuning before you go F2P so the new people dont go running in fear .

3rdpig
05-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I don't think Trion should lower the Threat Level, if anything I think they should increase it. Only with the higher threat levels do you find out if your load out is functional.

You can find out if your loadout is functional in any of the expert co-op missions, you don't need to do it across the road from Iron Demon.

Problem is, without the influx of money from the F2P people there may not be a Defiance, and slaughtering noobs before they get a chance to get the game figured out is NOT the way to induce them to buy stuff from the bit store.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Market
05-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Who's idea was it to scale your EGO any way? It does hardly anything at all, you still are doing the same amount of DMG per shot as the same EGO you were.

The DLC makes it so you need your gear High ego, or its useless.

It could be that I'm seeing something that other people are not, but at an 1800 EGO, I'm seeing my per-shot damage increase greatly when in the company of a high EGO player. An SMG I'm using that normally does in the realm of 500 per shot is hitting over 2000 per round when my EGO rating scales.

Is this not happening to everyone? I've seen many people state that damage hasn't increased for low EGO players in high TL areas, but I'm seeing quite the opposite.

That said, I have to agree with 3rdpig on the subject. Not because I'm having a hard time with it. I'm not, I'm actually quite enjoying the increased difficulty. However, I can totally see the point in scaring away new players.

Deunan
05-07-2014, 10:33 AM
It could be that I'm seeing something that other people are not, but at an 1800 EGO, I'm seeing my per-shot damage increase greatly when in the company of a high EGO player. An SMG I'm using that normally does in the realm of 500 per shot is hitting over 2000 per round when my EGO rating scales.

Is this not happening to everyone? I've seen many people state that damage hasn't increased for low EGO players in high TL areas, but I'm seeing quite the opposite.Weapon damage scales with the Threat Level EGO boost. Tier 4 mobs are already above a 4750 rating though and the damage boost is fractional when compared to a good Epic or Legendary gun of an EGO 5500 character or even an EGO 5100 character.

The problem with the Volge on PC NA occurs when the Volge numbers begin to match and then exceed the number of players at the Siege. In addition the players at many Sieges lack any form of coordination in terms of targeting the same Volge and in the worst cases spread out over all cap points when they should simply focus on one at a time. This tends to happen more often at regular Sieges whereas Incursion Sieges can have better attendance so the players often fair better at them (my last score at the Bathouse Incursion Siege was over 50k for the Siege part alone and I only went down twice).

These aren't the same Volge Sieges as before but players still largely conduct themselves as if they are by starting them with far too few players present. If large clans step in and sponsor the events so to speak by guaranteeing large attendance when the Siege starts with multiple grouped players to coordinate taking out Bombers, then Troopers and then Viscera at single cap point, the event would be much more enjoyable for all.

In general the Volge spawn in very predictable patterns at very predictable locations. The Warmaster was a bullet sponge problem to be solved the day he hit the servers. The Volge are an extension of that problem so it might make sense to take a similarly regimented approach instead of the loosey goosy approach that most if not all players are using now.

bigguy
05-07-2014, 10:50 AM
@ Deunan I only wish that people on PS3 could coordinate themselves at volge sieges the way you speak of , only once in the last two weeks have i seen an effort similar to which you talked about. Instead most people have begun to fear the large numbers of viscera and will only do the first four or five stages of a volge siege and leave or run and hide from a place where they can get very little points safely for the rest of the event. Most of the volge events end with less than five if not a single person getting top tier. In fact most people on PS3 dont even do these events anymore because they are not fun at all. This is a SERIOUS problem that must be addressed.

Lillith Valerian
05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I got a purple Volge MkIII rifle. I liked it. Then it suddenly disappeared from my inventory. These Volges surely are a vicious bunch.

I got an orange one a few days ago. You can have it if you like. There's nothing wrong with it, I just won't ever use it, and can't stand trying to sell things.

3rdpig
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Maybe so, but it promotes a style of gameplay that either requires solo play, or a team of 10+. When I go into almost any open world instance by myself (ego 51xx) it's TL 5 and it's stupid easy. If I go into it with a buddy of mine who's ego 45xx it goes to TL 10, the toughest enemies double spawn and it becomes absurdly difficult. If I go in with 10 or more, it's still TL 10 and it's stupid easy. All I'm saying is that it needs to be consistent and the times it's absurdly difficult need to go away...at least in the open world.

Amack
05-07-2014, 11:03 AM
This just happened and it is the very first time I had enough time to pull this off successfully so without creating a separate thread, I figured it was close enough to on topic here.

Instead of waiting for an unspecified amount of time for other players to show up as I usually do at volge siege events, I decided to start this one on my own, and I am sure glad I did or I would have been waiting forever. I was solo at this Mutant District siege for a full 14 minutes at threat level 5. In the last 60 seconds the second person showed up and the threat level bumped to 7. In the first 12 minutes I was able to reach the end part of stage 7 with no problems and no downs. At the end of stage 7 however, during the 12 minute mark is when 4 Viscera showed up at the cap point I was defending. While they were unable to kill me, I did not possess enough dps alone to drop one of them while being attacked by the other 3 and ended up evading them from the 12 minute mark until the other player showed up at the 14 minute mark. I am at EGO 5181.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2lcmxw4.jpg

Edit: Everything Deunan says above could not be more correct. I also commonly see what 3rdpig describes as well.

Market
05-07-2014, 11:08 AM
@Deunan; I totally agree with the teamwork aspect of your response. I'm one of those kinds of players that will look for other players at these events, track what they are shooting at, and lend a hand on the most popular target. I came to this game from Guild Wars, so I totally understand the importance (and massive effect) of spiking a single target. I'm also an old school gamer (pencil and paper style) and am well aware that enemies with 1 HP are just as dangerous as the ones with full health...

As for the rest of your reply, thanks for sorting that out for me. I wasn't sure if I was just crazy seeing larger damage numbers or what. All that makes sense, I'm still a bit squishy at 1800ish EGO and unaware through experience how the high EGO guns are faring against these massive, spongy mobs. I can always count on your responses to give straight answers! ;)

Amack
05-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Yes Market, working as a team in these events is critical many times and when your fellow arkhunters are disappearing all around you making it impossible to follow them in a coordinated effort is ridiculous. I hope Trion fixes that asap.

DSW
05-07-2014, 11:18 AM
@Deunan; I totally agree with the teamwork aspect of your response. I'm one of those kinds of players that will look for other players at these events, track what they are shooting at, and lend a hand on the most popular target. I came to this game from Guild Wars, so I totally understand the importance (and massive effect) of spiking a single target. I'm also an old school gamer (pencil and paper style) and am well aware that enemies with 1 HP are just as dangerous as the ones with full health...

As for the rest of your reply, thanks for sorting that out for me. I wasn't sure if I was just crazy seeing larger damage numbers or what. All that makes sense, I'm still a bit squishy at 1800ish EGO and unaware through experience how the high EGO guns are faring against these massive, spongy mobs. I can always count on your responses to give straight answers! ;)

purple EGO 5400 VBI AR with fire nano does about 2800 dmg per shot and orange fire tac with purple barrel does about 5800. such big numbers show up when you hit EGO 5100-5200, though.

Odessa
05-07-2014, 11:27 AM
At sieges I usually scan for whichever enemy has some hits on him first. I agree that teamwork is key. I also agree that they need to scale down the number of enemies spawning. Four Bombers on the roof is just annoying, especially when there is next to NO cover system in place. Running and hiding /= cover. Especially with bombs that arch and follow... or grenades that do splash damage across a huge radius.

Amack: That's awesome that you got that score. I remember jumping into there with three other people and getting slaughtered by the hordes of Bulwarks.

EDIT: I want to add that I started a low level toon to see the difference and found that TL5 - TL8 was a LOT tougher than TL10. I already had another lower toon (under 800) and also found the same result.

dramaQkarri
05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
I was at a Volge siege the other night, and was trying to play medic. There were downed players all over the place, and my volge fighting skills still need work so I went for medic. All went fine as I revived player after player, ran with my BMG healing, etc. Then after about 5 minutes of it, the players all vanished. People were downed all over the place but I couldn't SEE any of them. That adds to the chaos. Kind of hard to revive people I can't see, purple dots would show up now and then but by the time I'd work my way to them for the revive I couldn't see them again. Still feeling guilty about all those I abandoned! I had to give up on the medic stuff and try to shoot my way out. At least this time I could still see all the red dots so I knew where to shoot!

I'm well over 5K, and I find these to be overpowered. Most of the game is now either stupid easy or stupid hard, no middle to be found anywhere. Where is that "balance"?

Odessa
05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
I was at a Volge siege the other night, and was trying to play medic. There were downed players all over the place, and my volge fighting skills still need work so I went for medic. All went fine as I revived player after player, ran with my BMG healing, etc. Then after about 5 minutes of it, the players all vanished. People were downed all over the place but I couldn't SEE any of them. That adds to the chaos. Kind of hard to revive people I can't see, purple dots would show up now and then but by the time I'd work my way to them for the revive I couldn't see them again. Still feeling guilty about all those I abandoned! I had to give up on the medic stuff and try to shoot my way out. At least this time I could still see all the red dots so I knew where to shoot!

I'm well over 5K, and I find these to be overpowered. Most of the game is now either stupid easy or stupid hard, no middle to be found anywhere. Where is that "balance"?

That's beyond frustrating when the disappearing person happens. It's almost as bad as having enemies suddenly reappear with their sights on you and a bullet in flight, only to have them disappear before you can respond in kind. I'm at around 5681 right now and agree that there needs to be a balance with Volge enemies and spawns.

Z0mb1E
05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes Market, working as a team in these events is critical many times and when your fellow arkhunters are disappearing all around you making it impossible to follow them in a coordinated effort is ridiculous. I hope Trion fixes that asap.

You won't do well in sieges as a soloist anymore, those days are for the most part over. Either you'll run a siege mostly by yourself and as Amak suggests, end up at a later stage doing nothing but evasion tactics until you reach the end. Or you'll die so many times reducing your score you'll just give up.

As per everyone elses recommendations, stick with the crowd (non incursion crowds will be smaller), learn to "train" a single target out and work it down, rather than this random chaos of everyone shooting at everything and running all over the place.

Honestly the only tactic we originally needed was to point your weapon at something and shoot it, that's just not going to cut it anymore.

DSW
05-08-2014, 05:26 AM

yeah. that disappearing players, i hate it too and seen it way more than once. btw, wasn't it North Point siege?