PDA

View Full Version : question about BMGs

Bonehead
05-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Okay I have put it off way too long on all my toons. I need to level up some bmg skills and I don't much care for the weapon at all.
What are your opinions on the pros and cons of the different kinds and what mods to use with which ones.
So far I have played around with the spanner protector, the stingray, and the tele spanner.

Thanks in advance.

r2nddan
05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Okay I have put it off way too long on all my toons. I need to level up some bmg skills and I don't much care for the weapon at all.
What are your opinions on the pros and cons of the different kinds and what mods to use with which ones.
So far I have played around with the spanner protector, the stingray, and the tele spanner.

Thanks in advance.

The castithan weaver is the best. Also, theres one in a vendor you never have to reload. Dont remember where.

Nightmare Walkin
05-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Castithan weaver/vot spanner and stingray best for healing. High damage charge so ego on reload or speed boost friendly. Spanner protector/shield spanner - break down for ark salvage(doesn't protect extra at all and puts horrible blinding "honeycomb "shield" on u). Telespanner has longest damage charge/lowest number so good for PvP or even arena/multiple weak enemy locations(mongrels or skitterlings. If that is your desire. Also a -.o3 and -.o6 = infinite 100% Tele. Reloads don't work.....at all every bmg is .5 reload...period. fusion conductor drops damage charge by 1 for every 5%. Any combo of rolls/mastery and fusion conductor will be unlimited at 0 dam or heal charge. Spanner trapper/tachmag spanner has slowing effect "poop shoes" bmg. If I forgot something(watching dexter DVD and doing this on my phone same time) contact me and I will explain any bmg related info in more detail. Hope this helps

firemist
05-07-2014, 09:49 PM
The castithan weaver is the best. Also, theres one in a vendor you never have to reload. Dont remember where.
The vendor was Paradise and that thing is no longer available. As for levelling up the BMG, I did it at the Kenn farm incursion with a Stingray..I was going up a level per incursion on average....

cary2010haha
05-07-2014, 09:56 PM
new armor system work with protect spanner prefect :P and with a AA stim and some DRperk you can't get any damage :P

Chevota
05-07-2014, 09:57 PM
VOT Spanner (+ various versions), it links to 5 (+2 Max Links is usually the orange roll, making it 7), and potentially Mastery. Whatever you choose to go with, try and get the DMG Charge as Low % as possible (Meaning you can use it longer before reloading)

Mods: Syphon Suppressor Barrel (higher dmg than heal, and higher dmg than the staright dmg barrel). The Dmg Charge mag is more beneficial than reload mag... Sight & stock only have 1 version of ea i believe, Link time and Link range.

Leveling: Afflicted anything.

Bonehead
05-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks you guys for the good info. Much appreciated.

Zugo
05-08-2014, 07:28 AM
VOT Spanner (+ various versions), it links to 5 (+2 Max Links is usually the orange roll, making it 7), and potentially Mastery. Whatever you choose to go with, try and get the DMG Charge as Low % as possible (Meaning you can use it longer before reloading)

Mods: Syphon Suppressor Barrel (higher dmg than heal, and higher dmg than the staright dmg barrel). The Dmg Charge mag is more beneficial than reload mag... Sight & stock only have 1 version of ea i believe, Link time and Link range.

Leveling: Afflicted anything.

This exactly,
Look for BMGs with the lowest DMG Charge and then try to get them to 0%. A 0% DMG Charge BMG will never require reload and allows you to constantly hit everything 100% of the time.

Thearl
05-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Pre 1.5, best xp movement i had was a tele-spanner on a forge eye or hulker brainpan. Now it seems like anything that links quickly insta-masters.

Olaf
05-08-2014, 09:53 AM
get yourself a shield spanner and roll it till you get a DMG Charge roll, add a purple DMG Charge mod and you have 0% DMG Charge shield spanner with links. definitely the fastest way I know of.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-08-2014, 10:10 AM
it doesnt matter which you use. Just do what ive just started doing. Go to fast travel Tranquility Road in Mount Tam. When you spawn you can take the fork to the left towards the Earth Republic or you can take the fork to the right which leads to a dead end within 100 feet. This is the way i take is to the right. Youll see one truck and 3 enemies. Pull out your BMG put a rubber band on your left trigger to heal and walk away or go to bed or go to the mall or the bar. But anyways youll level up doing this. I have been doing this for two nights and have gone up 4 levels. By next friday i should be at 20.

Olaf
05-08-2014, 10:14 AM
it doesnt matter which you use. Just do what ive just started doing. Go to fast travel Tranquility Road in Mount Tam. When you spawn you can take the fork to the left towards the Earth Republic or you can take the fork to the right which leads to a dead end within 100 feet. This is the way i take is to the right. Youll see one truck and 3 enemies. Pull out your BMG put a rubber band on your left trigger to heal and walk away or go to bed or go to the mall or the bar. But anyways youll level up doing this. I have been doing this for two nights and have gone up 4 levels. By next friday i should be at 20.

now that is dedication lol!

Odessa
05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I created a loadout with both slots using BMGs. I did Incursions, swapping weapons each time I had to reload. I leveled mine up crazy-fast that way and got a decent amount of Keys/Arkforge. If there were any groups of enemies I'd switch to that load out.

FYI: I used the Stingray since you can link to Multiple targets.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-08-2014, 10:21 AM
now that is dedication lol!

Ya i do it right before bed. I can probably get higher levels but the server shuts down around 3 hours after i pass out which ruins it for me. I have to try this one day when im out all day.

Olaf
05-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Ya i do it right before bed. I can probably get higher levels but the server shuts down around 3 hours after i pass out which ruins it for me. I have to try this one day when im out all day.

Do try it all day and let us know =) Will be keen to hear if this can work for long periods of time, even though im level 20 in all skills - I love collecting knowledge =)

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Do try it all day and let us know =) Will be keen to hear if this can work for long periods of time, even though im level 20 in all skills - I love collecting knowledge =)

Guaranteed it will work, the question is how many levels in one day can it do. I will keep you updated. Satruday seems to be a good day when no one will be home for me to try this