PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else no longer gaining experience points?

Derek Fury
05-08-2014, 09:21 AM
My character Jack Fury recently stopped gaining experience points from any kind of combat. His experience counter went to 0 / 0 and has not moved despite my completing ark falls, dailys and weekiys, incursions or even random incidences. Jack is over 4500 ego and I've been playing him since the game began. Being stuck at that ego means I can't get to 5000 ego and be eligible to purchase the new legendary weapons at the Paradise vendor. I'm more then a bit angry at this mess and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me and if Trion had done anything for them. I put in a bug report and two support tickets this week and got no responses.

Lucent
05-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Once you unlock all the perks, there is no more leveling from experience. There are exactly as many perk level up on the grid as their are sets of 10 EGO to level up.

You get the rest of the EGO levels from:
-Weapon skills
-Vehicle skills
-Pursuits

There is no glitch. :)

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-08-2014, 09:23 AM
you have reached the experience points cap. after the last dlc everyone was able to get enough experience points to only get the new perks. once all the new perks are able to be acquired then thats it you must do pursuits from there on. You have 1300 ego points from pursuits waiting for you.

Shadow Andreas
05-08-2014, 09:25 AM
You have maxed out your EGO from standard XP (once you have all of the perks and powers you don't gain XP any longer). Go into your pursuits and start doing those.....you can easily get over 5K now if you get all your weapons and vehicles to LVL 20 and finish some of those.

Olaf
05-08-2014, 10:20 AM
yep like others have said, it seems you have overlooked the pursuits and weapon skill levels. if you complete all the pursuits, all your weapon/vehicle skills at 20 and you have done the removed pursuits then you should sit at 5806 quite comfortably. I myself missed the most wanted competitor pursuit that was later removed so Im stuck with a max ego of 5801. kinda sucks but i hope that they introduce a new level cap of about 6000ish.

Deirachel
05-08-2014, 02:37 PM
kinda sucks but i hope that they introduce a new level cap of about 6000ish.

Trick said they've actually removed the level cap completely. 5806 is just the current highest you can get, due to the total from the XP/skills/pursuit combo, but as they keep adding pursuits, the max just keeps going up.

Other thing to note, for those that don't know, there is a "soft cap" at around 5500. After that, the sheilds' capacity/weapons' damage don't increase at nearly the same curve.

Epic Fail
05-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Trick said they've actually removed the level cap completely. 5806 is just the current highest you can get, due to the total from the XP/skills/pursuit combo, but as they keep adding pursuits, the max just keeps going up.

Other thing to note, for those that don't know, there is a "soft cap" at around 5500. After that, the sheilds' capacity/weapons' damage don't increase at nearly the same curve.

but from ego 5000 to 5500 weapons and shields are gaining a huge boost

Critical Errors
05-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Since today is pop-up day, can we get a pop-up for a the new guys explaining some of these things? XP cap, paired synergy, mod synergy, how to use the search function on the forums....

Roez
05-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Since today is pop-up day, can we get a pop-up for a the new guys explaining some of these things? XP cap, paired synergy, mod synergy, how to use the search function on the forums....

What's the difference for those with DLC and those without, when it comes to the EGO cap? I'm not sure how it works. The people with DLC get more pursuits, weapons, etc, so do they get a higher cap?

Unfortunately, a lot has changed over the last 10 months since last here; yet when I google, most of the stuff I find is from when the game first launched and no longer accurate. :(

Critical Errors
05-08-2014, 03:03 PM
What's the difference for those with DLC and those without, when it comes to the EGO cap? I'm not sure how it works. The people with DLC get more pursuits, weapons, etc, so do they get a higher cap?

Unfortunately, a lot has changed over the last 10 months since last here; yet when I google, most of the stuff I find is from when the game first launched and no longer accurate. :(

SP/DLC do have other pursuits, roughly 200 ego worth. You'd have to check your pursuits to see if you have some for those as well.

Derek Fury
05-08-2014, 04:45 PM
So instead of being able to acquire ego points in blocks of 10 I have to get them in blocks of 4 for weapon level ups or 5 for pursuits? Ark falls, war masters, all incursions, progenitor cores, hell bug hive mutation, hell bug hive prime, mother of all hell bugs, all co-op maps, all dailys all weeklys and all random incidents are for me unplayable as there is no experience rewards and that kills major portions of the game for me. I worked for over a year to build my character so I could participate in all those at a high level of play. Now I have to limp along chasing pursuits (in which I gain no exp) or try to level up my weapons in scenarios where I get no experience points for battling enemies that can kill me and cost me extraction fees ? How come Trion just can't reset the exp counters to "roll over" once they hit the cap and start counting exp from zero again ? Hell, the score in the old Space Invaders game rolled over, why can't exp in a modern, state of the art game roll over ? -Derek Fury.

Atticus Batman
05-08-2014, 04:51 PM
They made it this way on purpose, so you will try every part of the game. Either do the pursuits or don't, it's your choice. Us high level players do everything we want anyway. Besides MOST cgames have an XP cap so live with it. Just remember Defiance's exp is strictly to give you perks, so once you max thew perks you are done gain XP. If you really want to get to a higher level that bad, then you would be doing puruits like you are meant to. Sorry you don't like it, but that is the way the game has been from the beginning.

Shadow Andreas
05-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Doing all of the ArkFalls and such still give you XP....but it's weapon XP to get your skills up to 20. leveling your weapons will give you EGO points as will driving all the different types of vehicles to level them to 20. The only thing you are no longer getting are perks and powers because you have them all.

Cement Snaks
05-08-2014, 05:57 PM
My character Jack Fury recently stopped gaining experience points from any kind of combat. His experience counter went to 0 / 0 and has not moved despite my completing ark falls, dailys and weekiys, incursions or even random incidences. Jack is over 4500 ego and I've been playing him since the game began. Being stuck at that ego means I can't get to 5000 ego and be eligible to purchase the new legendary weapons at the Paradise vendor. I'm more then a bit angry at this mess and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me and if Trion had done anything for them. I put in a bug report and two support tickets this week and got no responses.

you can't seriously think that you could get over 5000 by just gaining XP. Just because you don't earn XP at arkfalls and stuff doesn't mean they are worthless to do. Many pursuits revolve around those parts of the game. Just look up what you haven't done and do some work. Lots of pursuits with multiple tiers can hand out 40 ego at the end plus the 5, 10, and 15 ego you get doing the smaller pursuits. Car races is like 100 when you do them all to the final tier

Derek Fury
05-08-2014, 09:47 PM
No, exp is not just for perks. EXP moves your ego up levels and now a high ego level makes your guns and shields more powerful. The higher the ego you have, the more powerful you will be as your gear levels up. I have tried all aspects of the game. Some I like some I don't but the fact of the matter is that many of the ways to earn EXP and gain a higher ego have been made useless to me. Or I can kill enemies for no exp and hope to level my weapons and get 4 ego points after loads of encounters which may kill me and take extraction fees. I have maxxed out all the vehicle levels and most of the weapons levels, too. Now its all racing games, scavenger hunts and shooting galleries left. Those lame pursuits are not the exciting combat experiences like war masters, ark falls and incursions. Doing those in hopes of raising my few remaining weapons skills is a lot of effort for a little reward. Really how hard would it be to simply set the exp counter to "roll over" when it hits max and then set the new max ego level at 9999, solve this problem and keep the more exciting parts of the game going longer ? Or should everyone work hard, level up to a lower max point total and then start over at 0 ego with an all new character with no cool weapons or powerful perks ? Going from hero to zero sound fun to you ?

Cement Snaks
05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Because that would be unfair to those that have dome the pursuits as playing the game as intended. Why don't you go on those scavenger hints using the weapons you need to level and just play the game, that's how you get high ego and rewarded. EXP is gained solely for unlocking perks and upgrading your ego 10 levels per perk unlock. There are 3050 ego levels tied to perks/xp, after that its pursuits. That's how the game works.

Llewxam
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
question about this:
as i am nearing completion of the ego grid (got like 4 or 5 perks left to unlock and others to fully upgrade) can i just leave it as it is and gain my xp and rating and units without spending them?

Cement Snaks
05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
question about this:
as i am nearing completion of the ego grid (got like 4 or 5 perks left to unlock and others to fully upgrade) can i just leave it as it is and gain my xp and rating and units without spending them?

nope, you get 305 ego units and then you stop gaining XP regardless of the perks being unlocked

Tsort
05-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Like Critical Errors said, there should be a pop-up window in-game, when you've reached xp cap, that tells you "you've reach xp cap, complete pursuits to raise your EGO level!" or something.

Tsort
05-09-2014, 03:16 AM
(...) Going from hero to zero sound fun to you ?
No, but all that confusion about xp/EGO/power scaling and leveling stems from DLP5, which killed the fun in many aspects of the game.

In the original game, EGO didn't matter. They made it matter, but didn't take into consideration all the issues you've mentioned. Apparently, they don't really care, since they also didn't test some of the hotshot missions post-DLP5 that are linked to pursuits and thus ultimately unlock higher EGO levels. They probably thought "meh, scaling will compensate, we'll sort it out later".

Etaew
05-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Like Critical Errors said, there should be a pop-up window in-game, when you've reached xp cap, that tells you "you've reach xp cap, complete pursuits to raise your EGO level!" or something.

Nice idea but that would be too intrusive, potentially it should reflect on your experience bar at the bottom, or in the messages under your character info on the top right, like when you have max keycodes.

Amack
05-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Nice idea but that would be too intrusive, potentially it should reflect on your experience bar at the bottom, or in the messages under your character info on the top right, like when you have max keycodes.

I don't think he meant a permanent message but a one time message to explain it... I could be wrong.
Either way, you idea would work also Etaew.