PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting past a Gun Slinger mission

samx
05-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Folks, I am stuck... stuck I say! I can't seem to move on to the new DLC for missions until I am done with gunslinger trails. And I am so stuck on this mission. It is the one where you have to rescue hostages, it is right next to the main underpass in san fran. No matter what load out I use, I can't seem to keep up with the HORDE! yes HORDE of guys (and female bad guys too) coming out of those dang portals. Even if I try to rush through, Ill be opening a door and someone will shoot me and stop the open animation... argg...

Any help appreciated!

Odessa
05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
While I am unable to help (I am at work), I think it might be helpful to post what you are playing on. Console vs PC/ Server.

For instance: I'm on XBox 360 / NA

That was was a pain. I wish you luck!

samx
05-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Good point Odessa...

PC in North America, Pacfic time

samx
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
If figured it out... it is called Arena:Dark Matter Bunker

Dark Matter is holding the families of Votanis Collective leaders hostage to get them to take a more aggresive, expansionist policy agenda.

Heck I would even skip it if I could

Quebra Regra
05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
I rather liked that one, and the one afterward was even more fun.

Is impossible right now because of the seriously bork'd hotfix they just put on the server? If so, I'd give it a rest until they get it sorted.

If it's been a problem for a while then I can only offer that it would seem that most of these arenas were really NOT intended to be solo'd. It plays reasonably well if you have a decent group and don't just try to make a mad rush for the end. Many instances of enemies teleporting in from behind.. watch yer backs!

A decent group can cover the flank, retreat, and funnel enemies into narrow kill zones as they chase you down.

I HIGHLY recommend armour repair stims, as there are no places inside the map to repair your armour. I also prefer CLOAK to get the shields back again, and for covering a hasty retreat. Obviously poop-shoes weapons for breaking armour is necessarily.

I'd jump in and help you out, but I'm on XBOX NA. Best bet, group up.. good luck.

samx
05-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks Quebra Regra.

I quit playing right after gun slinger, so I am still tyring to figure out the new stuff. Like the Armor. I bet there are missions on the new story arc that train you but can't do them.

I do the overcharge, so I think that is a good idea to try out cloak (I have it just don't use it) and also the armor stims (haven't tried those either yet).

With a little luck, maybe Ill get through. I have been to the final area... so close... so close!

I also find that the advanced weapons really don't work at all well, my normal weapons are much better.

I am in a clan (only because someone must have asked me during a siege or something) but besides that, I don't even watch chat. Maybe I should try to make some friends and ask them to help me out.

thanks again

Atticus Batman
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks Quebra Regra.

I quit playing right after gun slinger, so I am still tyring to figure out the new stuff. Like the Armor. I bet there are missions on the new story arc that train you but can't do them.

I do the overcharge, so I think that is a good idea to try out cloak (I have it just don't use it) and also the armor stims (haven't tried those either yet).

With a little luck, maybe Ill get through. I have been to the final area... so close... so close!

I also find that the advanced weapons really don't work at all well, my normal weapons are much better.

I am in a clan (only because someone must have asked me during a siege or something) but besides that, I don't even watch chat. Maybe I should try to make some friends and ask them to help me out.

thanks again

Also those are made to be extremely hard by yourself, and easier with a group. I suggest you find friends or ask in chat for 3 people to help you, then try again with a full group. Btw even if they do NOT own the dlc, they can still join you in an arena if you are grouped with them when you enter it, or if they are on your friendslist and go to you while you are in one.

The armor was added with Dlc 5 and there are NO tutorials for any of it. The only thing with a tutorial are the stims/spikes and that is only if you own and do the Dlc 2 questline.

Trion has NOT bothered with tutorials for anything except what is explained in the original tutorial mission.

Tigercml
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Decoy then rescue hostage. Repeat.

N1ghtShadow
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm on the PC/NA servers. If you need help with that arena, asking players from your Clan is always a good idea. There IS a social aspect to this game and it helps to have associates and acquaintances who can help out in these kinds of situations. I personally prefer to solo things most of the time, but I'm not above helping clan mates out and asking for them to help me from time to time.

Bonehead
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Decoy then rescue hostage. Repeat.

Kite, cloak, and run like hell works too although not as well.

samx
05-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks all! Got a few things to try and maybe I will even figure out how to met some friend. Just never got into the chat system much yet. sort of been a loner most of the game.

Deirachel
05-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Kite, cloak, and run like hell works too although not as well.

Well, once your past the first room....

Quebra Regra
05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
DECOY has been borkd in terms of health post patch. Almost any post patch enemy can down the decoy within a second due to the health of the decoy not being buffed to keep up with the enemy damage output. Basically put, I have found decoy to be an ineffective distraction.

CLOAK works much better with a team, if they aggro all the enemies, kite them away and you slip in cloaked (for duration).

samx
05-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Done! Took me twice though. I used decoy, and while I have it I never use it, so it was really interesting that it doesn't last like It though it would. I mean, why have a decoy if it doesn't last like the other charges? But it worked enough. Also electric guns and grenades were able to stun enemies so they can't shoot you are much. Also used armor stims.

It was still a "you know what" to get through it, took me twice with the new load out. Also used a grenade shotgun I have. In the end, it was hard to keep ammo open.

After this one, all the others I don't even die in. This is definitely overpowered as an area. The next area was were I was to kill the boss guy at the end, and I think I shot him and I was like... what? he died so fast, no fight at all.