PDA

View Full Version : I am getting sick and tired of the trolling.

Punisher Illinois Blue
05-09-2014, 08:42 AM
The title says it all. I have been heavily trolled to the point I cant finish contracts and even almost coop missions.

There is a missions were you got to save lots of guys from raiders and keep two npcs alive while the shut off fule line before the place you are at explodes. Well everything will be fine then all of a sudden a freaking purple blip pops up near the edge of the blue circle and doesnt move. Guess what moves though? The freaking tier difficulty too 8 9 or 10 when it was at 4. It took me half a week just to finish that contract one contract. Worst still one freaking idiot troll set up shop on top of one of the building built into the land scape. He sat their and hid while all the enemies got jacked up.

Worse still I had to complete a VBI contract that involved me destroying a large Darkmatter base in the north-eastern most point in Sanfran. I went in with four people after awhile they left kind of. They would come back to boast the difficulty back to ten then leave. Biggest pos moment in that mission was the end... The mission as a whole was around a hour or more to complete. One guy stayed to get darkmatter robot kills.

And what did I get for doing this mission at level 3000+ by myself...?

Obsolutly FREAKING NOTHING!!!! NOTHING!!!! I guess because I took to long to kill an army of tier 10 darkmatter mostly by myself warnts me to not get the rep points for completing that stupid mission. Yes totally understanable trion, shame on me for getting stuck with trolls jacking up the difficulty and I was left by myself to deal with that enemies and because I took to long I should get NOTHING -_-

Best of all was Wednesdays expert coop Island of the lost >:(

Lets get one thing straight I dont like being held back by other players... So we finally get to the finale boss and die... it was a fluke BUT then we go to fight the boss agian but one of the player for 5+ min will not enter the circle they run in and out of the circle for 5 min -_-

So they get bord with runing in and out of the circle and we go fight the boss, we win but the game glitches so we all have to kill ourselves and try agian. Guess what...? Now the woman and her friend wont get in the ****ING CIRCLE!!! >:( This goes on for like 5 to 10 min -_-

So they get tired of prancing around and we fight the boss and win... But the game glitches and we have to kill ourselves... This is the best part me and the two minor trolls stay in the game while the highest level guy leaves. Before we could kill ourselves a 2nd time a new player shows up and ignores our commands that he must kill himself. He jumps around the map for 3-4 min and then removes himself from group and then decides he is going to pick us all up over and over agian >:( He must have been using fire resistant abilities because he had littile problem runing into the bushs that set people on fire and picking us up. >:( That went on for 10 min to 15 or 20.

So he leaves and we get a new 5000+ player with a grenade launcher, we are set to go right? NO THE ANSWER IS NO!!! One of the players is sitting outside the circle... agian... -_- We kill the boss and we gets the credits for doing so, only problem I died so many times, 28, that the 5000+ player that showed up at the end ranked higher than me -_-

This all is bs change the system so if the majority of players are in the circle we can start the boss fight. Whatever the time limit is that decides if you were fast enough or not to get rep points from completing missions should be removed. I am sick and tired of this crap.

JFYI for those who think I should have left coop, I will point out it was late or close to it and the odds are not good for for starting a whole new group for coop.

Pandur
05-09-2014, 08:46 AM
It's all WAI, welcome to the disgruntled club though.

Mushbeeguy
05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I feel your frustration. Others have said things like drag the bad guys over to the leech. I did that once and the leech jumped on his quad and ran away. :)
As for the co-ops the best and only hope you have is if YOU are the leader. If I recall correctly you can KICK the problem child from your group! I had a similar griefer and did just that. Works like a charm.
In coops I don't join randoms I get together with friends and there might be a random or even two, but one of 'us' is the leader and we are on chat together.
I'm really not sure how Trion can help us but rest assured it is going to get a lot worse after Jun.

Riz
05-09-2014, 08:59 AM
If I recall correctly you can KICK the problem child from your group!

You can vote to kick a player from the group. NOT from the map. So after the kick you have 3 green dots, 1 blue dot and still no fourth active player.

Players that intentionally grief are bad, but blame the system for making it possible. Open world is one big place of intentional and unintentional griefing. Trion made sure of that.

dramaQkarri
05-09-2014, 09:06 AM
You can vote to kick a player from the group. NOT from the map. So after the kick you have 3 green dots, 1 blue dot and still no fourth active player.

Players that intentionally grief are bad, but blame the system for making it possible. Open world is one big place of intentional and unintentional griefing. Trion made sure of that.

Yes. Pathetic that this has gone on FOREVER. Trion needs to minimize griefing opportunities NOW. Especially before F2P goes live.

Albion
05-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I see a troll (or griefer, not sure what they are) at almost every conflict site lately, and it really sucks. I start to do a conflict site, when I notice a purple dot just at the edge of the blue map circle. Why? I'm level 5600, so I don't care that much about the difficulty, but it seems like people are doing one of two things - either trying to get cheap credit for doing the site without actually putting the time in, or trying to raise the difficulty level of the site as a "joke" on the guy actually doing the site.

When I see this now, I usually head right over to the person, and wait for them to do something. Most of the time they just leave, but a few times that got them to come in and actually participate. Yesterday's patch seems to have brought back the level 10 bullet sponges, which makes this even more of a problem.

The way this works now is completely opposite from how an MMO should be played. When I am doing a site and its level 6, I hate seeing another person come in and raise it to 10. On some sites this turns into three or four times longer to finish the site. And likewise, I know I raise the level when I join a site in progress, and feel bad about it but there is nothing I can do. What a bizarre system it is.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-09-2014, 09:53 AM
i had a griefer at bolinas smelter last time it was a daily. i got the tl10 blacklunger to follow me, and kept the random between me and the blacklunger. she actually respawned 6 times and moved to new spots in the circle, so me and my new friend followed her 6 times, and i would set her up to catch every grenade. after the 7th down, she left the conflict and i finished solo at tl6.

hope she had better luck on her next try

Combo Breaker
05-09-2014, 10:14 AM
i had a griefer at bolinas smelter last time it was a daily. i got the tl10 blacklunger to follow me, and kept the random between me and the blacklunger. she actually respawned 6 times and moved to new spots in the circle, so me and my new friend followed her 6 times, and i would set her up to catch every grenade. after the 7th down, she left the conflict and i finished solo at tl6.

hope she had better luck on her next try

I don't consider these people griefers. Just too lazy or scared of dying to help. They just hang out for credit. Park their person in a place and come back hoping for the free ride to have happened.

This is on Trion for upping the difficulty.

Bentu
05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Re the co op group, you can kick someone from the group and enter the final stage. The kicked person still gets drawn in with you and has to participate or leave.

Odessa
05-09-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't consider these people griefers. Just too lazy or scared of dying to help. They just hang out for credit. Park their person in a place and come back hoping for the free ride to have happened.

This is on Trion for upping the difficulty.

That's what I'm finding out. I saw a purple off to the side of one of the dailies and did a quick inspection. They were a low level character just waiting for others to join. A friend and I (EGO 5616 and 5691 respectively) started the event and they warily joined in. Soon we had two others, who were also waiting, join in. The Save the Ranchers daily event was brutal in the barn, simply for the sheer number of enemies. All randoms stayed and we got through it. I do admit to happily "bringing the fight to them" when someone perches on the edge of the area.

firemist
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Albion;1485458]I see a troll (or griefer, not sure what they are) at almost every conflict site lately, and it really sucks. I start to do a conflict site, when I notice a purple dot just at the edge of the blue map circle. Why? I'm level 5600, so I don't care that much about the difficulty, but it seems like people are doing one of two things - either trying to get cheap credit for doing the site without actually putting the time in, or trying to raise the difficulty level of the site as a "joke" on the guy actually doing the site.

Agreed. Now I go up to them and take down their GIT ... Haven't published names yet but soon will. I, for one, always check just on the edge of a zone if other players are present. If there is only 1 purple dot, I'll move far away. If there are multiple dots, I'll go in and contribute as much as I can. Just wish other players would extend the same courtesy....some are catching on in all fairness....so it comes down to player etiquette education or plain carelessness for fellow players.

Deunan
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't consider these people griefers.They're griefers. There is absolutely no point in staying in the Conflict Site area once you've been inside it for a moment other than to grief other players. You already have credit for the contract and can simply leave. The only reason to stay is to make life difficult for the other players.

I have my own way of dealing with @$$clowns like that. I switch to a blur with fast EGO power regeneration loadout, make the hugest train of mobs possible including all the mini-bosses, train them on the griefers, then switch to a cloak loadout and activate cloak and watch the chaos ensue. I don't need the tokens that badly and I get more amusement from the possibility of watching them die, sometimes repeatedly.

CRIXDA
05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Awesome, Deunan!

Myself and 2 other Dawn Patrol shooters did the Dekuso Co-Op and a member of a clan that I know came in with us. The Clan was Dark L3gion and We know Mr.666 pretty well and Dawn Patrol has a lot of respect for him and his shooters and we thought that It was mutual.
By the time we ran Dekuso a few times (with phasing enemies and Dekuso himself never visible), this shooter started berating us and insulting us.
It was in chat, and I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. After telling him nicely that he should leave if he was unhappy, he told us continuously how stupid that we were and how we couldn't follow simple tactics. Can you shoot what you can't see? We failed again, so we were outside of the final and he said "you morons have been trolled" and stood there for 10 minutes cursing us.
We kicked him from the group and went into the fight anyway, he jumped in and did nothing except tell us how bad "we suck" over chat and the cycle continued until he got tired of it and left the co-op.
It is crappy to get trolled by someone who you don't know but it is a lot worse when it is by someone from a clan that you have good rapport with (or at least thought that you did).
I wish that we could have just kicked him altogether.

Quebra Regra
05-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Awesome, Deunan!

Myself and 2 other Dawn Patrol shooters did the Dekuso Co-Op and a member of a clan that I know came in with us. The Clan was Dark L3gion and We know Mr.666 pretty well and Dawn Patrol has a lot of respect for him and his shooters and we thought that It was mutual.
By the time we ran Dekuso a few times (with phasing enemies and Dekuso himself never visible), this shooter started berating us and insulting us.
It was in chat, and I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. After telling him nicely that he should leave if he was unhappy, he told us continuously how stupid that we were and how we couldn't follow simple tactics. Can you shoot what you can't see? We failed again, so we were outside of the final and he said "you morons have been trolled" and stood there for 10 minutes cursing us.
We kicked him from the group and went into the fight anyway, he jumped in and did nothing except tell us how bad "we suck" over chat and the cycle continued until he got tired of it and left the co-op.
It is crappy to get trolled by someone who you don't know but it is a lot worse when it is by someone from a clan that you have good rapport with (or at least thought that you did).

That's not the first time I've experienced something like that from another clan (ask BEERS). We had a straggler who just hung out did nothing, and even tried to destroy the walls in DEKUSo's chamber that could be used for cover.

TURD is a TURD, mark and avoid.

ironcladtrash
05-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Anyone ever had any luck reporting trolls or griefers? Doesn't seem like it ever does anything and the players keep trolling.

Odessa
05-09-2014, 11:59 AM
We had one guy in 101 who basically went idle til we messaged him, then ran off and decided he did his part by setting one bomb. He posted "Have fun catching up and playing with the Hulkers. See you in thirty minutes". We got through it, against my better judgement, and tried Dydekuso. This was before they fixed the respawning enemies after a fail. After three tries I had had enough and we agreed to leave. I hate that we carried him to the end, but have the satisfaction of knowing he has a room full of enemies to battle if he finds replacements. We contacted a leader of his clan just to let them know. I can't imagine anyone wanting a bad rap based on a player's performance.

mr8liner
05-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Awesome, Deunan!

THats the biggest problem that I have with co-ops. I hate the fact that you cannot kick someone off the map entirly. I almost always go into co-op maps with all clan mates, 90% of the time someone will get dc'ed and someone would come in and never leave. I think it would be nice if they made it so that the 4 original people can not be kicked , but if someone dc's then any person coming in after can be kicked from the group.

That guy you were talking, sounds like as *****. I sure the hell wouldn't want to play with him.

Decun.. I like your plan that you do to griefers. I'll have to try that out sometime.

But, yes something need to be done about it. People should not get credit for it unless they contribute . I'm not sure how they would do that, so the sad fact is that we will have to live with it.

I don't mind the challenge of TL10, but there are times when I don't have the time to spend 45 minutes on a daily. In those instances I just leave where I was and go to another daily.

Manstan
05-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I understand, been there, done that far too many times. But then I will need to thank some one standing there doing what ever for the 3 T4 drops for one of the mine sites. Still 20 minutes for 27 kills? And I had 15 of those done in the first couple of minutes before they showed up.

Was on one last night one of the mine site rep missions, started out at my level so was doing the LAW loadout, just having fun poping heads with the magnum, I put 4 shots in one, he didn't go down then I saw the threat level was up to 6. Switched loadouts to my tank, was ok for a bit, then had to switch to my heavy hitter with the SAW. And ended up at a TL of 10, enemies were healing faster then I could damage them, so I switched to my medic, hid on the roof, and tried to keep everyone's shields charged.

Started out fun, ended hiding and healing.

This morning I didn't have any rep missions to do so I did an infected and a Volgue{?} incursion. The only difference I saw was people have realized what sort of bonus you get for reviving a fellow player, so I never had to self revive or extract from the Volgue incursion :D

I should have some rep missions waiting by now, so we will see how this last updated update of a patched hot fix works.

Deunan
05-09-2014, 12:16 PM
...He posted "Have fun catching up and playing with the Hulkers. See you in thirty minutes...We contacted a leader of his clan just to let them know. I can't imagine anyone wanting a bad rap based on a player's performance.You should have reported him to Trion for exploiting. If he's stupid enough to post that in the chat logs, they can definitely suspend his account or ban him outright. It's totally within the company's discretion and it would have been well deserved.

Odessa
05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree. At the time I didn't realize there was an option to report players. If he did that to us, he'd do that to others.

3rdpig
05-09-2014, 01:09 PM
If I enter a contract area and the TL is 10 and there's only one other person there, I'll tag an enemy and immediately fast travel out so the TL will drop back to whatever they are on their own. If there's 3 or more I'll stay since my personal TL 5 doesn't make a difference at that point. Contracts have become very annoying, you either have to do it by yourself, with a large group or just tag and leave.

But hanging out and not fighting is griefing, pure and simple.