PDA

View Full Version : this has got to stop

yue
05-09-2014, 05:01 PM
So I went to do my daily expert co-op map today and everything kept respawning behind us . It took 2 full clips of ego 5600 mostly crit shots to kill every single 99er . There was so many of them at the aswell . I fully understand and appreciate that it is suppose to be harder but when you need to run ammo spikes 100% of the time just to clear a room is pure insanity . I mean really 600k hp 99ers .... Get real . And also there was 3 others in there with me and they were all under ego 2000 so the scaling to the average player was definitely not working

Pandur
05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah same here, it's not like it was hard one bit. It was just so bullet spongy it was beyond ridicolous.

Magick
05-09-2014, 05:08 PM
just need to join me I'll make things eaiser. :) but yea if you have non 5k EGO people expect the worst.

Riz
05-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Players under 2000 EGO should never be in expert-coop. Was said in a livestream just before DLC 5 launched. They can be 'supportive' against TL10 enemies, but never 'effective'. Not even if they get scaled up to 4750 EGO. You running with 3 of them was a pure suicidal move lol. Odds are you were the only one dealing damage while the other 3 were tickling the 99'ers.

Besides that, the need for 2 full clips of any 5600 EGO weapon for 1 single enemy is indeed ridiculous. But 'working as intended' for a 'longer, more fullfilling chase' 'because grenades'.

yue
05-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah didn't go down till they respawned and sandwiched me in and the terminator smelters got to me but just too many bullets . It felt like getting attacked by a elementary school of angry bullet proof kids

Magick
05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Players under 2000 EGO should never be in expert-coop. Was said in a livestream just before DLC 5 launched. They can be 'supportive' against TL10 enemies, but never 'effective'. Not even if they get scaled up to 4750 EGO. You running with 3 of them was a pure suicidal move lol. Odds are you were the only one dealing damage while the other 3 were tickling the 99'ers.

Besides that, the need for 2 full clips of any 5600 EGO weapon for 1 single enemy is indeed ridiculous. But 'working as intended' for a 'longer, more fullfilling chase' 'because grenades'.

Thats funny becuse I seem to constantly end up with under 1000 ego players, which is challenging but I seem to always pull through just ask anybody on ps3.

yue
05-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Thats funny becuse I seem to constantly end up with under 1000 ego players, which is challenging but I seem to always pull through just ask anybody on ps3.

Yeah no I totally agree . I don't mind 1 bit if I have to pull a lil extra weight but there is a point lol and yeah man if you're on hit me up I need it twice

Riz
05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Mostly i play coops with clanmates, then again im a lucky guy being in a large clan full of high EGO's that all want to do that contract. Three times i had to join a random expert-coop. Three times i ended up with at least 2 people below 4000 EGO. The first ended in disaster, not enough damage put out and it became a longlasting drag. The other 2 times i simply left the coop. No way i'm investing a full hour to NOT complete a coop because lower EGO's can queue up. With 3 5000 EGO+ guys we take a lower EGO with us, works fine. But no way im going in with 2 or more below 4000 EGO. Takes way too long and not rewarding enough to justify the time invested.

Pandur
05-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Yeah the last 2 experts i have done was with 2 4500 chars, and 2 1000 or below chars.
As i said before it wasn't remotely challenging, the hardest part was not falling asleep while running away from the soleptor hulkers while pelting them.
Well my concentration lapsed 2 times so i got downed 2 times while i ran into a wall.
I'll give ya that beating those 2 hulkers after 20 mins felt somewhat rewarding, but i'll do this one time and one time only.
Because in the end it's only extended tedium with little reward.

yue
05-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah I forgot . Please fix the hulkers at the incursion so the stage won't end till at least 1 of the 2 sets of the are dead ..... Thanx

3rdpig
05-09-2014, 05:38 PM
If I enter an expert match and everybody there isn't 4000+ I leave. I don't get enough time to play as it is. And just because you can carry a bunch of low ego players through an expert match doesn't mean it's fun or that you should. Best thing you can do for them is politely tell them to enter a lower difficulty match, then kick them if they don't leave.

Bonehead
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM
They are EXPERT matches for and they (I thought) were designed for ego 5k and above. Why not have an ego gate? Getting a boost to ego 4750 is a pretty lame boost for top tier mobs. Just look at the damage chart Tekrunner made.
Gate the expert coops.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/news-051107l_zpsfb9634f8.jpg

yue
05-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah it's just crazy . I've also had 3 hard freezes all at the end of something . Also took 45 min to load up a wm only to not actually get the rewards shown on the screen ( 100k xp 20 plus keys and forge .... Not even the green guns ) and why am I not supposed to have a massive oj giveaway ?

Nefarious
05-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Defiance is a shooter mmo hybrid.

Ive never heard anyone ever try to make sense with a lot of other MMOs on 'why does it take 100's of sword swings to kill guys?' or 'why are guys not dying in one hit with an arrow to the head?' 'why does it take so many lightning strikes?' I could go on and and on.

Everyone is looking at the game wrong when expecting to kill guys with a few shots.

Bonehead
05-09-2014, 07:37 PM
It's easy. Just up the ego boost to 5k+ or gate the sumbich.

Magick
05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
If I enter an expert match and everybody there isn't 4000+ I leave. I don't get enough time to play as it is. And just because you can carry a bunch of low ego players through an expert match doesn't mean it's fun or that you should. Best thing you can do for them is politely tell them to enter a lower difficulty match, then kick them if they don't leave.
Chimera DLC is for 5k Plus players but guess what the lowbies can take the mods and give to thier high lvl carachters < mispelled I know>

Wolfmoon2682
05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
At this point i don't even bother to run those... im ego 1000 and doing them by myself is hell but when someone else shows up... forget it. 30 minutes or more of spongey enemies spawning and swarming non stop! No cover to run to, only constant downs and respawns. It's ridiculous.

MAMGRIZZLY
05-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Motherlode today was ridiculous. I went in with 3 other Clanmates (I was the lowest @5225 they were all over 5500). We got sandwiched and slammed from behind. This last "fix" did something because it was fine 2 days ago. Then a Clanmate got dc'd and in came a total Dbag 1500 EGO with his Sword and a purple BMG. We asked him to please back out because our friend did all the work and just got dc'd. He refused for 15mins. We kicked him out of group but it doesn't kick him out of the map anymore. Why would you refuse to leave if you just got there?

maverick07
05-10-2014, 01:44 AM
With the last adjustment to scaling it seems that enemies with shields had their shields scaled to a ridiculous amount of HP. Noticed it with Dark Matter and now the 99ers today in Motherlode. I don't really know if this affects Volge also as I haven't took on enough of them with my main character to notice anything. Bathhouse Siege would probably be the easiest for me to notice a change.

I think most would agree that the 99ers in particular were a bit weak before and could have used a buff. But a buff this big to shields doesn't seem right when comparing to other factions without shields.

Odessa
05-10-2014, 02:38 AM
So I ran the Motherload Expert map today.... ONCE. Usually I'm up for at least four to get friends through them. Tonight was enough for everyone to agree that it's just not worth it. I'm level 5701 and have all weapons to my EGO. It did nothing other than aggravate them. Ironically the boss fight was the easiest part... which is usually the exact opposite.

Chocolatelover67
05-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Just wait till Free To Play goes live....... More pain.

I haven't done an "expert" co op map but don't wish too as I'm under 2000 ego still. But F2P will be fun when we get a rush of new players.

yue
05-10-2014, 04:01 AM
So is there any word on this getting fixed ? At this point I wouldn't say it's UNplayable but I definitely refuse to spend a hour and half just on 1 co-op map .

pobpnuk
05-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Did this today with two 5K EGO's, a 3K and I'm at 4K, took so long to kill one enemy even after stripping all their armour plates so we just ended up running past everything. Much more effective.

Riz
05-10-2014, 04:48 AM
... we just ended up running past everything. Much more effective.

This is the exact problem! This bulletsponge thing they implanted back into the game makes this game being played the way it shouldn't be played.

Few examples from the field:
- Enemies in expert coop that act like bulletsponges will be skipped when they can be skipped, Motherlode and 101 being the perfect examples. I don't think this is working as intended. But knowing Trion i think a lock to each area that only opens when all enemies are killed will be more of an option then removing this ridiculously large HP on enemies. Of course this will lead to the very high EGO's getting their pursuits done with every effort they have left in them. After that expert coop will die out. No fun!

- Conflict Sites for daily contracts are being tagged by numerous people waiting for the kind person that actually plans on finishing it. Many occassions where the scoreboard pops up and there are over 10 players that 'participated' in the completion. Funny because when i tagged the site i was alone lol. Do i tag? Sure.. You really think i spent 30-45 minutes for 10 rep points? No way dude! No fun!

-Volge Sieges start with 20 people. After stage 4 you'll be lucky to find 5 purple dots on the mini-map. Which indicates something is really messed up. Did a Volge Incursion the other day, the emergencies are perfectly playable with 10-15 people shooting the same targets. Sadly in my enthousiasm (i loved Volge sieges before DLC 5) i forgot NOT to attent the final round. After 4 stages i saw downed people around ammo-crates, surrounded by the numerous Volge that downed them and where still on top of them while being down. Having a nice camping party around the ammo-supply. Since i ran out of ammo i desperately needed to visit an ammo-crate, no chance... At all. I saw people dots leaving the map, i saw downed people extract and not return. Looked at my score, 38k. Good enough and decided to leave as well. No fun.

-Wednesday after patch 1.506 i logged on to do some daily contracts. Went to a conflict site and saw my 3000 EGO clanmate. Nice! I like running with people, so we started. The pop-ups that occured every 15 seconds made it impossible for me to kill anything, certainly since the bulletsponge got brought back in. I apologized to my clanmate, but told him i was logging off because i found the game unplayable like this. Next day he THANKED me for leaving! WTF? After i left the TL dropped to 4 and he was able to finish it afterall depite the pop-ups. This is how you want to run your game Trion? Low EGO's thanking high EGO's for leaving them alone, and high EGO's kicking low EGO's out of their groups because they serve no purpose? No fun!

- I could also write something about Arkbreaks. But i threw that hope out of the window long time ago. DLC 2 is broken, as it was from the start (75% chance of a DC upon entering = broken). Warmaster is No Fun!

Since Time Trials suffer from emergencies popping up in the way at the last second, making them unavoidable at times and therefor getting gold on them a needless drag... Since Hotshots seemed to be messed up since the new scaling got introduced... There really isn't much fun left in this game. I love my clan and the wonderful people in it, they make me return and they make me want to voice my opinion because i want fixed what wasn't THAT broken at all! The game was far from perfect, but it was playable and fun before DLC 5. It even got acceptable after patch 1.505. But now we're back at the same mess we got 2 weeks ago. It's a returning thing. Luckily the clan i'm in is largely seriously interested in Destiny, so the good part is that i might be keeping my clan and just switch the game. Defiance.. So much potential... So screwed up for all the wrong reasons...

Elastik Spastik
05-10-2014, 04:54 AM
I did motherlode expert last night and must of took 2 hours. Was ridiculous. We had 1 under 1000 and rest of us over 4000. But to unload mag after mag after mag to take down a minor enemy is just crazily stupid. All they had to do was make enemies harder and boss fights even more so. There really was no need to have a scaling system, unless it was based on player count, not ego.

And the rewards for such a fight a pityful.

Seizan
05-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Yeah, Motherlode today was ridiculous. I went in with 3 other Clanmates (I was the lowest @5225 they were all over 5500). We got sandwiched and slammed from behind. This last "fix" did something because it was fine 2 days ago. Then a Clanmate got dc'd and in came a total Dbag 1500 EGO with his Sword and a purple BMG. We asked him to please back out because our friend did all the work and just got dc'd. He refused for 15mins. We kicked him out of group but it doesn't kick him out of the map anymore. Why would you refuse to leave if you just got there?

Exact same situation encountered here yesterday. 3 clan mates and I went in as a group. A little over an hour into the co-op one friend crits out. Some dude joins in with a bmg and purple detonator. Luckily he decided to leave after we urged him many times.

The scaling was fine prior to this last set of unsuccessful hot fixes. Now it's back to square one with sponge bob bulletproof pants everywhere. The enemies are not more challenging but just takes 3x longer to dispose of. Is this a solution for trion's incapability to implement more difficult npcs? Or is this their way to keep players logged into their game longer: let's make each mission 3x more time consuming...derp.

agiantmudcrab
05-10-2014, 06:58 AM
So I went to do my daily expert co-op map today and everything kept respawning behind us . It took 2 full clips of ego 5600 mostly crit shots to kill every single 99er . There was so many of them at the aswell . I fully understand and appreciate that it is suppose to be harder but when you need to run ammo spikes 100% of the time just to clear a room is pure insanity . I mean really 600k hp 99ers .... Get real . And also there was 3 others in there with me and they were all under ego 2000 so the scaling to the average player was definitely not working

I love it! Easy is boring.

TheOz
05-10-2014, 07:22 AM

Shields are the new armor. Shields appear to have been bumped up pretty high now. I could usually switch to my ranger and finish them off. Now they just flinch on many double headshots. It appears that we ALL need to use poop and electric.

Too bad we can't hold three weapons.
Too bad swapping loadouts lags you so bad on PS3 it takes an average of a minute to complete the swap.
Too bad there isn't a quick swap for loadouts.
Too bad it isn't July yet. <==BETA loadout swap rollout
I need to stop here, Defiance is filled with 'too bads'. I have things to do today, like get my PS4.

bigguy
05-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Motherlode on Expert

Four ego 5000+ players with 5000+ego AR's LMG's and SMG's with all nanos represented to take out armor shields and health. We used 20+ damage spikes , 20+ammo spikes and 20+ protection spikes and countless grenades of all types not to mention endless stims. After more than an hour and a half of exausting battle we finished the map and saw our scores and thought well at least we were compensated.... but wait upon leaving and checking our inventories we did not recieve our rewards.

We only recieved the ten arkforge for completing an expert coop map , i did not recieve my 15 keys and 10 arkforge for my 128k score and niether did any of my clanmates. I also talked to other in game friends later and find out we were not the only ones , other people had the same problem too. Has this been like this and i never noticed till now or did trion just do with the last patch. The bullet sponges are extremely annoying but not recieving rewards is just enfuriating

99ers did not need to be this way if they just increased thier shields a little that would have been sufficient enough but regenerating shields is just ridiculouss. This needs to be adressed immediatly.

yue
05-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Yeah they just got me the same way ..... Score was 120k and I come out and only have 3 keys ..... Yesterday I hit 200k on a warmaster for a total of zero keys ..... Gotta stop

Bonehead
05-10-2014, 05:34 PM
This is the exact problem! This bulletsponge thing they implanted back into the game makes this game being played the way it shouldn't be played.

Few examples from the field:
- Enemies in expert coop that act like bulletsponges will be skipped when they can be skipped, Motherlode and 101 being the perfect examples. I don't think this is working as intended. But knowing Trion i think a lock to each area that only opens when all enemies are killed will be more of an option then removing this ridiculously large HP on enemies. Of course this will lead to the very high EGO's getting their pursuits done with every effort they have left in them. After that expert coop will die out. No fun!

- Conflict Sites for daily contracts are being tagged by numerous people waiting for the kind person that actually plans on finishing it. Many occassions where the scoreboard pops up and there are over 10 players that 'participated' in the completion. Funny because when i tagged the site i was alone lol. Do i tag? Sure.. You really think i spent 30-45 minutes for 10 rep points? No way dude! No fun!

-Volge Sieges start with 20 people. After stage 4 you'll be lucky to find 5 purple dots on the mini-map. Which indicates something is really messed up. Did a Volge Incursion the other day, the emergencies are perfectly playable with 10-15 people shooting the same targets. Sadly in my enthousiasm (i loved Volge sieges before DLC 5) i forgot NOT to attent the final round. After 4 stages i saw downed people around ammo-crates, surrounded by the numerous Volge that downed them and where still on top of them while being down. Having a nice camping party around the ammo-supply. Since i ran out of ammo i desperately needed to visit an ammo-crate, no chance... At all. I saw people dots leaving the map, i saw downed people extract and not return. Looked at my score, 38k. Good enough and decided to leave as well. No fun.

-Wednesday after patch 1.506 i logged on to do some daily contracts. Went to a conflict site and saw my 3000 EGO clanmate. Nice! I like running with people, so we started. The pop-ups that occured every 15 seconds made it impossible for me to kill anything, certainly since the bulletsponge got brought back in. I apologized to my clanmate, but told him i was logging off because i found the game unplayable like this. Next day he THANKED me for leaving! WTF? After i left the TL dropped to 4 and he was able to finish it afterall depite the pop-ups. This is how you want to run your game Trion? Low EGO's thanking high EGO's for leaving them alone, and high EGO's kicking low EGO's out of their groups because they serve no purpose? No fun!

- I could also write something about Arkbreaks. But i threw that hope out of the window long time ago. DLC 2 is broken, as it was from the start (75% chance of a DC upon entering = broken). Warmaster is No Fun!

Since Time Trials suffer from emergencies popping up in the way at the last second, making them unavoidable at times and therefor getting gold on them a needless drag... Since Hotshots seemed to be messed up since the new scaling got introduced... There really isn't much fun left in this game. I love my clan and the wonderful people in it, they make me return and they make me want to voice my opinion because i want fixed what wasn't THAT broken at all! The game was far from perfect, but it was playable and fun before DLC 5. It even got acceptable after patch 1.505. But now we're back at the same mess we got 2 weeks ago. It's a returning thing. Luckily the clan i'm in is largely seriously interested in Destiny, so the good part is that i might be keeping my clan and just switch the game. Defiance.. So much potential... So screwed up for all the wrong reasons...

All of this and more is why, imho, the "A" team abandoned open world scaling in alpha.

TheOz
05-10-2014, 05:37 PM
All of this and more is why, imho, the "A" team abandoned open world scaling in alpha.

It also doesn't help that they are more of a squad now than a team.

mikeel
05-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Dedicated Melee... Pack " Stun nades " till patch :D. Damage Spike > Brawler Stim > Blurr

Did Island of Lost Monkeys 4 x in a row today... Fire Nades forget them... Hatchlings smash them.... Frags just bag them up for later...

Stun nades interrupt and make it easier to go threw there epic shielding once you hit their health there toast....

Yeah there bullet sponges since yesterdays patch... Snipers especially 3 of them targeting will make short work of you. Smelters will melt you but a charge blade hit will send them running once you get there tank to spark... Just don't let that fool you into thinking your done :D. Hellbugs attack from the rear. Dark matter just stun'em and clean'em like you would a 99er. Bulwark forget melee range and snare.

No arkforge keys for finishing the co-op's gotta love it :D.

Duelist_RayRay
05-10-2014, 11:46 PM
same thing happened to me.

lifeexpectancy
05-11-2014, 12:21 AM
What amazes me is people still defend this broken mess of a shtakoshow. Five more days Tryon. Five more days until I finish this last achievement and can put a few rounds into your game disc instead of your bullet sponges. You will be receiving a care package from me soon... Cannot wait for Destiny. Hopefully it is everything Defiance is not, most especially a good game.

Elastik Spastik
05-11-2014, 01:16 AM
What amazes me is people still defend this broken mess of a shtakoshow. Five more days Tryon. Five more days until I finish this last achievement and can put a few rounds into your game disc instead of your bullet sponges. You will be receiving a care package from me soon... Cannot wait for Destiny. Hopefully it is everything Defiance is not, most especially a good game.

Destiny is everything defiance is not. It's more like borderlands. Defiance and Destiny are two completely different games.

Deunan
05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
S...And also there was 3 others in there with me and they were all under ego 2000 so the scaling to the average player was definitely not working...Apparently there is no dynamic scaling in co-op maps. It's TL10 regardless (I was in one where the total EGO rating of the other 3 players was less than 4000 with TL10) which is why you should simply leave the group when that happens. Low EGO players have no business being in an expert co-op map. If they want their clan mates to carry them then let them do that but the only way that kind of selfish behavior is going to stop in open queuing is if they consistently get shunned. Personally I wish they would level gate the expert maps so that player characters with less than 5000 EGO can't enter the queue.

Riz
05-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Apparently there is no dynamic scaling in co-op maps. It's TL10 regardless (I was in one where the total EGO rating of the other 3 players was less than 4000 with TL10) which is why you should simply leave the group when that happens. Low EGO players have no business being in an expert co-op map. If they want their clan mates to carry them then let them do that but the only way that kind of selfish behavior is going to stop in open queuing is if they consistently get shunned. Personally I wish they would level gate the expert maps so that player characters with less than 5000 EGO can't enter the queue.

Deunan, let me start with agree'ing. Players below -lets say- 4000 EGO have no business in expert coop. Sure, you can carry one if the other 3 are 5000+ and have good equipment. I also agree that implanting a level-requirement to be able to queue would solve the problem, yet it will create another problem.

Trion sells DLC 5 to anyone. Regardless of current EGO. Therefor DLC 5 also became the intellectual property of the lower EGO's that purchased it (or the Season Pass), and therefor they have every right to queue up and participate. You cannot sell something to someone, and then turn around and say they cannot use it.

Minors arent supposed to drink alcohol, therefor its forbidden for shops, bars and restaurants to sell alcohol to a minor. That makes sense no?

Since Trion is 'supply'ing the booze' to minors, they also have to find a way to make expert coops playable for them AND with them! There are pursuits to finish, EGO to gain, cores to pick up to buy good mods from the vendor. Everyone that bought this should have access to it, and Trion has to find a way to make that happen... Or stop selling DLC 5 to players that dont meet the requirements. Simple!

B_Draco
05-11-2014, 02:19 AM

Obviously lol, I've done a few co-ops with ya, made it better and less time consuming. However THIS is just utter ****... Took one full freakin' hour pulling off Island of Lost Soldiers with 3 2000-4000 EGOers... I had to use fire based weapons just so that the 99ers would stop regenerating their shields as if they were plugged into the nearest electric socket...

Trion, put the scaling back to what it was before your three patch attempts that(eventually) fixed your mission "pop-up" glitch... If you want newbies to prosper and rank up, you need the higher EGOers to help them too you know... At best we just hurt 'em lower EGOers every time we go within 300 feet of 'em...

AND PUT A 5K EGO RESTRICTION CAP ON EXPERT CO-OP MAPS ALREADY!!!

Destiny is everything defiance is not. It's more like borderlands. Defiance and Destiny are two completely different games.

Add to that the company that produced the fist few HALOs worked on Destiny. Whereas Trion is just... Yeah you get the idea...

lifeexpectancy
05-11-2014, 03:00 AM

Methinks you failed to sense my sarcasm. I was more referring to it being at least FUNCTIONAL n hopefully FUN, neither of which Defiance is.

yue
05-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Obviously lol, I've done a few co-ops with ya, made it better and less time consuming. However THIS is just utter ****... Took one full freakin' hour pulling off Island of Lost Soldiers with 3 2000-4000 EGOers... I had to use fire based weapons just so that the 99ers would stop regenerating their shields as if they were plugged into the nearest electric socket...

Trion, put the scaling back to what it was before your three patch attempts that(eventually) fixed your mission "pop-up" glitch... If you want newbies to prosper and rank up, you need the higher EGOers to help them too you know... At best we just hurt 'em lower EGOers every time we go within 300 feet of 'em...

AND PUT A 5K EGO RESTRICTION CAP ON EXPERT CO-OP MAPS ALREADY!!!

Add to that the company that produced the fist few HALOs worked on Destiny. Whereas Trion is just... Yeah you get the idea...

Oh yesterdays lol I just ran lol 15 mins ended with I think a average of 20+ kills ( multiple char ) yeah if you wanna just run thru stuff hit me up . So totally done with killing everything

otonagamer
05-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Wait, wait, wait,

I tried Motherlord expert co-op yesterday and I noticed the change but I think it's fine, it's not that broken.

I guess the changes are:
1) shield protection is ramped up and now you need to use electric nano against 99ers shield (I found electric SMG is quite effective)
2) even normal 99er soldiers have regenerative shield (probably no way to stop regenerating process)
3) probably repair bots are now quite a threat

Like Nefarious once said in somewhere, even low ego players can contribute to the team by using electric Particle Ultimag and keep 99ers incapacitated. MotherLord is a tight map and you can easily make choke point and trap them.

It may take one and a half hour to complete but I'm glad Trion gave electric weapons a meaning to keep. Before this change, there's no merit of using electric weapons. Though I think ideal playtime for coop map is less then 70 minutes.

I got Votan semi auto sniper rifle with Bio nano and it really rocks. Without it, I have no idea how I can fair in expert Motherlord. No doubt it's designed for high tier players. We were all 5500+ but were constantly overwhelmed.

Riz
05-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Though I think ideal playtime for coop map is less then 70 minutes.

The ideal playtime for any event is depending on the time it takes to complete. In this case the reward for a daily Chimera contract is 10 rep points and 1 Crrrlllmmm Core. So 30-40 minutes at most. Any minute more will be a needless grind compared to the reward.

I have 7 Factions to grind for each day. So 3x30 minutes for 3 conflict sites, 1x30 minutes for an Incursion, 1,5 hour for Chimera and 15 minutes for a standard coop = close to 4 hours each day. And then i dont even have time to fullfill the weekly contracts that have to pushed in somewhere. I have a job, a family and a life (yeah really.. i have a life!).

Reward vs Time needs to be in balance and it's not!

I'm fine with electric being a must for certain enemies. But now.. Let's take today daily Chimera as an example:
-I need a Ground Pounder for the swarm of Hellbugs
-I need a Bio-weapon for the 99'ers and the warriors their armor
-I need an Electric weapon for 99'ers shields
-And i need a Fire weapon for the 99'ers health and the Matron

I only have 2 weaponslots in my loadout and changing loadout on the run cant be done. Lag makes that impossible. So we gonna divide those weapons you need over the 4 players participating. Within my clan i have no troubles and we go smoothly and fast. But as soon as you need that contract and are forced to queue up with randoms every piece of strategy can be thrown out. An electric weapon in the hands of a 2000 EGO player equals shooting a waterpistol at a Mad Maddock. A Ground Pounder in the hands of a 3000 EGO player equals itching-powder bombs on the hellbugs. Not effective and immediately making that coop an everlasting drag.

TheOz
05-11-2014, 06:28 AM
... Cannot wait for Destiny . . .

I agree. Everything I have read and Seen about it has me terribly excited.
Too me it looks like an FPS Defiance made by a proven developer with over 20 years of making shooters and backed by a publisher with deep pockets that is counting on it so it will do everything it can to see it succeed. That and the fact that it is currently selling faster than any other new game series ever means the game will have support for much longer than a month after launch.

"Defiance is Destiny's best advertising tool", me. I have been saying this a lot lately. Think about it. Imagine playing Defiance without all of the technical issues it has had since its birth. That sounds good right.

TheOz
05-11-2014, 06:41 AM

Defiance was also derisively called a Borderlands clone before launch. You and I both know it is not.

Yes, they are different games. To me though, they appear to have the same kind of overall game vibe that makes me think that everybody that plays Defiance should at least try it, as I think they might just like it.

Riz
05-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Really excited about Destiny as well. To me it looks like a great mixture of Defiance and Borderlands 2 with a nice HALO-sauce on top of it. The FPS-looks and cartoony graphics of BL2 combined with the loot-hunt for weapons and upgrades in open world events like Defiance. And that being made by a company that has proven it's capability a lot of times before regarding great shooters. Bungie must be happy with Defiance gathering them a large group of potential players in the same genre, and then chase them all straight into Bungie their arms.

~"Defiance is Destiny's best advertising tool", by TheOz~

Exactly this^^

otonagamer
05-11-2014, 07:26 AM
The ideal playtime for any event is depending on the time it takes to complete. In this case the reward for a daily Chimera contract is 10 rep points and 1 Crrrlllmmm Core. So 30-40 minutes at most. Any minute more will be a needless grind compared to the reward.

I have 7 Factions to grind for each day. So 3x30 minutes for 3 conflict sites, 1x30 minutes for an Incursion, 1,5 hour for Chimera and 15 minutes for a standard coop = close to 4 hours each day. And then i dont even have time to fullfill the weekly contracts that have to pushed in somewhere. I have a job, a family and a life (yeah really.. i have a life!).

Reward vs Time needs to be in balance and it's not!

I'm fine with electric being a must for certain enemies. But now.. Let's take today daily Chimera as an example:
-I need a Ground Pounder for the swarm of Hellbugs
-I need a Bio-weapon for the 99'ers and the warriors their armor
-I need an Electric weapon for 99'ers shields
-And i need a Fire weapon for the 99'ers health and the Matron

I only have 2 weaponslots in my loadout and changing loadout on the run cant be done. Lag makes that impossible. So we gonna divide those weapons you need over the 4 players participating. Within my clan i have no troubles and we go smoothly and fast. But as soon as you need that contract and are forced to queue up with randoms every piece of strategy can be thrown out. An electric weapon in the hands of a 2000 EGO player equals shooting a waterpistol at a Mad Maddock. A Ground Pounder in the hands of a 3000 EGO player equals itching-powder bombs on the hellbugs. Not effective and immediately making that coop an everlasting drag.

I understand grinding for dailies is time consuming for small rewards. But expert coop should be much tougher then advanced. Maybe making expert coop daily is wrong in the first place. It should be weekly or daily once in two or three days considering the time it takes.

I don't think you need fire nano for 99ers. Health damage buff for electric works. You can use pyro nade. Everyone carrying just bio and electric would be fine.

otonagamer
05-11-2014, 07:36 AM
naa. Destiny is just a coop for four people. It's more like Borderland or Warface. Not an MMO at all like Defiance. And it's not TPS but FPS. It's quite different from Defiance. most of all, Bungie still haven't disclosed much at all. I don't understand the overhype.

3rdpig
05-11-2014, 09:42 AM
naa. Destiny is just a coop for four people. It's more like Borderland or Warface. Not an MMO at all like Defiance. And it's not TPS but FPS. It's quite different from Defiance. most of all, Bungie still haven't disclosed much at all. I don't understand the overhype.

Comparison with Defiance to validate an argument, plus unhappy players desperate for something better.

Human nature 101.

Hopeisdead
05-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Comparison with Defiance to validate an argument, plus unhappy players desperate for something better.

Human nature 101.

every game got forums full of unhappy players, cause happy ones are not even aware that there is an forum.

r2nddan
05-11-2014, 10:48 AM
every game got forums full of unhappy players, cause happy ones are not even aware that there is an forum.
Not true ive been a happy player most of the time here and always visit forum. Faulty logic as usual.

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 12:52 PM

I thought you were a happy player.

Hopeisdead
05-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Not true ive been a happy player most of the time here and always visit forum. Faulty logic as usual.

hmm, did i said that there are no happy players around ? Or that forums contains only unhappy players ? i did not ... sure there are little nuances i could use such as most, or some but it doesn't matter.

And at Bonehead
Yeah i am, well not happy, but not angry/sad/something either. I basically do not care that much about the game to actually push forward good ideas(altho in hindsight how much good did this made ? Definition of insanity comes to mind). I just adapt and if i am bored i go play something else.. Altho it is becoming harder and harder to find something which gain my attention for more than an few minutes (mostly because i already played things i liked extensively so starting again i just get out of the tutorial and all memories comes back and have no reason to continue, it is quite bad condition when you remember every dialogue in the game word after word)

Deunan
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Trion sells DLC 5 to anyone. Regardless of current EGO. Therefor DLC 5 also became the intellectual property of the lower EGO's that purchased it (or the Season Pass), and therefor they have every right to queue up and participate. You cannot sell something to someone, and then turn around and say they cannot use it.The DLC is not the intellectual property of any player. Player's have revocable limited license to use it, all other DLC and the game itself. That aside any player can still use the content by meeting the content's requirements which are achievable. This is not the only game content that is level locked, and some of it is in fact level locked, i.e. the Chimera and Paradise Legendary weapons. No one forced anyone to buy the DLC and it was made clear from the articles that expert maps are end game content and that low EGO players would not be able to hold their own mud.

What I'm suggesting wouldn't close of the maps to low EGO players either. It would require them to group with a high EGO player and have the high EGO player enter the queue, i.e. someone who is willingly bringing them to their attempt to do a co-op map rather than imposing themselves upon unwilling characters and blocking them from queuing with anyone else by refusing to leave the map.

r2nddan
05-11-2014, 05:11 PM
hmm, did i said that there are no happy players around ? Or that forums contains only unhappy players ? i did not ... sure there are little nuances i could use such as most, or some but it doesn't matter.

And at Bonehead
Yeah i am, well not happy, but not angry/sad/something either. I basically do not care that much about the game to actually push forward good ideas(altho in hindsight how much good did this made ? Definition of insanity comes to mind). I just adapt and if i am bored i go play something else.. Altho it is becoming harder and harder to find something which gain my attention for more than an few minutes (mostly because i already played things i liked extensively so starting again i just get out of the tutorial and all memories comes back and have no reason to continue, it is quite bad condition when you remember every dialogue in the game word after word)
You said that the happy players dont know the forums exist...
Whatever, waste of time...

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:47 PM
They wont listen to anyone until we are all gone....i couldnt tell you how many.....(too many to count) 7th legion quests i have done that have glitched when i had 50 to 80k in points..........yes i filed complaints.......nothing done........they dont care if you waste your time and effort it is all about the less than mighty dollar

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Happy most of the time, but right is right , and wrong is wrong so to speak these people just care about money

Chocolatelover67
05-12-2014, 01:14 AM
What pees me off is that if you die during a match and have a ton of points you lose them . And also have to pay the stupid extraction fee for no good reason.

It's just mental that you lose all the points. Arkfall last night lost 30,000 points because of dying...... Trion you suck

Pandur
05-12-2014, 01:47 AM
What pees me off is that if you die during a match and have a ton of points you lose them . And also have to pay the stupid extraction fee for no good reason.

It's just mental that you lose all the points. Arkfall last night lost 30,000 points because of dying...... Trion you suck

Hmm i don't think i ever lost more than the usual 3000 on dying and extracting so far.

I lost out majorly on points one time because the game decided to extract me at Topnotch instead of close to the arkfall so it was over before i got there again.

drackiller
05-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Hmm i don't think i ever lost more than the usual 3000 on dying and extracting so far.

I lost out majorly on points one time because the game decided to extract me at Topnotch instead of close to the arkfall so it was over before i got there again.
Maybe he died lots of times!?
Now, when i go to a Volge Incursion i only do the emergencies and the first stages of the siege. When i start to die a few times in a row it`s clearly a sign that my time there is over, because if i get to the siege with (let`s say) 70K i prefer to leave with at least 70K and not less than that. And that is what sieges are doing to most of us, making us lose the points that we earned doing the emergencies.

Chocolatelover67
05-12-2014, 02:22 AM

Sorry transposed digits. It was a little over 3000 points.........

However I did have at one point 30,000 from the Volge incursion but that also vanished due to dying. It just sucks. Can't the scoring be something that the game retains even if you extract? And get rid of the penalty fee it is discouraging.

Pandur
05-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Sorry transposed digits. It was a little over 3000 points.........

However I did have at one point 30,000 from the Volge incursion but that also vanished due to dying. It just sucks. Can't the scoring be something that the game retains even if you extract? And get rid of the penalty fee it is discouraging.

Well weirdly enough i can understand what Trion is trying to do with the point penalty, it's supposed to encourage team play and people rezzing each other.
It seems to be working since i see more crawling around than before i think.

Thing is though, most of the time the best thing you can do for the team is to extract right away if you can't rez
So you're basically penalized double for taking one for the team, just one of those good intention bad executed things.

Chocolatelover67
05-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Well weirdly enough i can understand what Trion is trying to do with the point penalty, it's supposed to encourage team play and people rezzing each other.

Thing is though, most of the time the best thing you can do for the team is to extract right away if you can't rez
So you're basically penalized double for taking one for the team, just one of those good intention bad executed things.

I guess but it sure is discouraging when you do it a few times and see that -180 keeps popping up after you extract. Also why does it sometimes fling you away from the action.... Hiking back sometimes, even by car can cost you the match.

drackiller
05-12-2014, 03:50 AM
The 180 scrip are nothing, NOTHING, but the lost of points aren`t meaningless for sure.

Riz
05-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Maybe he died lots of times!?
Now, when i go to a Volge Incursion i only do the emergencies and the first stages of the siege. When i start to die a few times in a row it`s clearly a sign that my time there is over, because if i get to the siege with (let`s say) 70K i prefer to leave with at least 70K and not less than that. And that is what sieges are doing to most of us, making us lose the points that we earned doing the emergencies.

Same.. I actually like the score system that takes 1000 points for a down and 2000 for an extract. Dying should have a penalty and 180 scrip is not a penalty, well... Not a serious one.

Before DLC 5 launched i loved playing Volge Sieges and got good scores too. When i got downed it was mostly because of me. Not looking behind my back, or stay in one spot for a moment to long. My fault, and yes i happily pay that death-tax then. After DLC 5 i get downed a 100 times in 15 minutes and 99 of them are NOT my fault, but because the fight is unfair. I have 6 Bombers shooting at me from all over the map, 15 troopers that send their ground pounding moves at me and 4 Viscera chasing me across the map. Meanwhile i need 7 clips of 70 bullets from my SMG to put down one single Trooper, i need to risk my life and visit an ammobox every 2 troopers i lay down, while being chased by those Viscera's. If i'm unlucky another player just got down near an ammo-box and 4 more Viscera's are now camping there.

The first unfair down i get at Volge Sieges nowadays is an immediate extract, cloak and run. Mostly around stage 3 or 4 indeed. I dont play that way.

dramaQkarri
05-12-2014, 08:34 AM

Unfortunately, the others players vanish so when I tried to play medic I ended up dead too. Right on top of the player I was trying to rez! So, extract and wait for it to end instead.

I won't even participate in Volge Sieges at this point. There's plenty of other stuff to do until they fix it.

drackiller
05-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Before DLC 5 launched i loved playing Volge Sieges and got good scores too. When i got downed it was mostly because of me. Not looking behind my back, or stay in one spot for a moment to long. My fault, and yes i happily pay that death-tax then. After DLC 5 i get downed a 100 times in 15 minutes and 99 of them are NOT my fault, but because the fight is unfair. I have 6 Bombers shooting at me from all over the map, 15 troopers that send their ground pounding moves at me and 4 Viscera chasing me across the map. Meanwhile i need 7 clips of 70 bullets from my SMG to put down one single Trooper, i need to risk my life and visit an ammobox every 2 troopers i lay down, while being chased by those Viscera's. If i'm unlucky another player just got down near an ammo-box and 4 more Viscera's are now camping there.

Quoted for thruth, really nothing more to say.

B_Draco
05-12-2014, 09:47 AM

True words that a lot of us are thinking. 10/10 to ya dude.