PDA

View Full Version : No nano weapons

3rdpig
05-09-2014, 07:14 PM
So the best gun I've ever gotten in the game is an Orange VBI AR. It's got great rolls but it's got no nano effect. I've got a radiation converter on it now, but I'm considering an experiment with no nano.

Am I wasting my time? Should I just keep the radiation converter on?

Your thoughts, opinions and general youthful exuberance is invited.

Etaew
05-09-2014, 07:20 PM
No nano effect is a damage boost, if it was a syphon gun it would do -20% damage, and other nanos are -10% damage.

Does applying a converter reduce the damage on the card I wonder?

SethC
05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah I believe the converters do reduce it, because I put a fire converter on my volge AR and the damage went from (estimating) about 7000 to somewhere in the 6000s.

I use a no nano Sumimoto and I have no problems with it. I mow down mobs with that bullet hose, plus if I want to take their armor plates down faster I'll use a bio nade.

Amack
05-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I have an OJ VBI AR also 3rdpig. No nano. Double crit rolls. I put an oj crit barrel and recoil mod on it so far. Once the other people around me have proc'd it hits like a truck.

Extreme Rugburn
05-09-2014, 09:11 PM
My suggestion would be to use a Bio weapon as your first option in your loadout, then when armor is down switch to your Lead AR. I use a BIO VBI SMG and then switch to my Electric Thunder.

Midori Oku
05-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I would rather use the radiation converter. Not only do you bypass 2.5 armor plates, but you (and everyone around you) still get the 25% extra damage from the proc.

maverick07
05-10-2014, 01:49 AM
No nano effect is a damage boost, if it was a syphon gun it would do -20% damage, and other nanos are -10% damage.

Does applying a converter reduce the damage on the card I wonder?

A converter will reduce the card damage if it had no nano. A Fire converter will also reduce the damage more than a Radiation converter.

I looked at a number of examples for what each nano reduces from a weapon's DMG a couple days after the DLC. Unless something was ninja'd in one of the last hotfixs here are the results I got.

No Nano: 0%
Radiation: -5%
Biological: -10%
Incendiary: -10%
Electrical: -10%
Syphon: -25%