PDA

View Full Version : i think there might be a problem with the game

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-10-2014, 02:27 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158855-Hulker-hunting-at-Kenn-Farm-sadly-failed.
no input from trion

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158831-Lets-kill-these-hulkers
the community is trying

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157384-remove-hulkers-from-pursuit
no input from trion

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158743-Idea-for-Apex-hulker-kills
no input from trion

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158174-So-when-is-the-hulker-challenge-gonna-be-fixed
no response from trion

these threads are from the first ten pages of the general discussion forums. there are countless posts by players with both problems, and solutions. this is an email response from a GM after a little time on live chat:

Hello,

Thanks for the report regarding Apex Infected Hulkers despawning. Unfortunately, this is an issue in which we are unable to provide an immediate fix or workaround for you. Our development team is still in need of information from players, so that they may replicate this issue. The best way to do this is for you to submit a bug report, to explain the issue and how it happened in your own words.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Press 'Start'
2. Press and hold (L2 for PS3; LT for Xbox)
3. Use your joystick to select 'Settings'
4. Select 'Submit Feedback'
5. Select a Category (Comment, Bug, Other) and enter text explaining the bug you currently have or feedback you have about Defiance.

Please know that it is important for the bug report to come from your character. Not only does it allow you to explain the issue in detail, in your own words, it will also automatically attach critical pieces of character information to your bug report for our QA team to review.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance. Your reference number for this question is 140509-000846

Sincerely,

GM Naalsuul
Trion Worlds Inc.

how many of you have filed these bug reports, and how many of you have gotten an answer? also, this issue has been replicated hundreds of times now by hundreds of players (a.k.a. defiance testers). its time for two things. acknowledgment of the issue from trion, and an immediate plan and timeline for a fix.

Official Response: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159260-Regarding-Infected-Hulkers-and-the-Snake-Bite-Pursuit

SethC
05-10-2014, 02:41 AM
I must admit that the idea of this pursuit was put together poorly, at least for the hulkers. Maybe the developers should try to complete this pursuit on the normal servers and see if they CANNOT replicate this issue. I know for sure I wouldn't be able to replicate it on a server where I'm the only player. They can raise the siege points cap for a wave, stop lazily double spawning enemies, make a hulker only wave, I could go on and on....

It's a mess and it needs to be addressed. :mad:

Noble_One
05-10-2014, 04:22 AM
really im starting to wonder with the amount of bugs in this game what is the actual TEST SERVER being used for?

drackiller
05-10-2014, 04:46 AM
really im starting to wonder with the amount of bugs in this game what is the actual TEST SERVER being used for?

We are the testers, i`m convinced of that. They are throwing all the shtako they can remember at us so they can polish the game for the F2Payers.

Noble_One
05-10-2014, 05:00 AM
which in every way imaginable is wrong...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ba53bebce8ea8462116ba5c37bca2e62/tumblr_mibxirYdPz1rwjutzo1_500.gif

Festival
05-10-2014, 05:18 AM

Storing pr0n and cat memes?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-10-2014, 05:19 AM
i have no problem being the tester. realistically, they cannot find issues with a handful of people on a test server that hundreds of us on 3 platforms can find quickly. the problem i have is posted above. bug reports have been sent in, threads have been created, people even take the time to post pictures and videos. then there is no response from the people we are testing for.

look at the priority list:

dark matter disguise was a conflict site for a weekly contract. that is the first time in months i have seen the mission pop up in a contract, there is no telling when it will return as a conflict sight, and the sniper cloak fix may or may not have even been the problem... and the fix was given to us days after the mission was no longer part of a contract.

the hulker problem has been happening dozens of times a day on every platform for weeks, but has yet to even be recognized as a problem by the development team (at least anywhere that i could find).

yes, they both needed fixed. but the choice was made to (maybe) fix the (imo) least important one.

yue
05-10-2014, 05:31 AM
I have the easiest way to fix this ..... Threat level 10 makes any hulker infected . That would mean any wandering hulker at level 10 infected . San Quinton infected . Explosion101 infected .

TheOz
05-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Storing pr0n and cat memes?

You mean corgi memes -- oh wait!

dramaQkarri
05-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Even if it was working, keycodes are not being awarded even though they show in reward screen. Same for warmaster, no keys.

TheOz
05-10-2014, 08:54 AM
i think there might be a problem with the game

The problem is a lack of manpower working on the game and that stems from:
2 layoffs
2 fired Executive Producers with currently NO EP
the satellite studio that made Defiance closing
a mandatory relocation of remaining developers
"shared" developers with Rift

Which all started when the game didn't sell well.
Really, that is it.
Once the sales figures came in Defiance was a lame duck.
Would all of the problems with Defiance have been solved if the original 150 devs were still here working on the game?
Maybe.
If they had still been around along with ONE of the fired EPs we probably would have gotten ACTUAL new content in DLCs.
We might have gotten the FULL missions, not data recorder hunts, every week as a tie in to the show. You know the ones they promised us in the livestreams before the Beta.
Maybe we wouldn't have the game lead's misinformation about basic game design tenants in order to justify what this company has come to pass off as DLC. BTW Trion the 'C' is for content,

Sorry this was not intended as a rambling rant.
This seems appropriate right now though
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44543103.jpg

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM
well i see the CMs are active on the forums. wonder if there is time in the activity log for this concern today

CM Kiwibird
05-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Asking about this, thanks for the PM. :o

DIS
05-10-2014, 04:50 PM
2 layoffs

Really, that is it.
Would all of the problems with Defiance have been solved if the original 150 devs were still here working on the game?
Maybe.
If they had still been around along with ONE of the fired EPs we probably would have gotten ACTUAL new content in DLCs.
We might have gotten the FULL missions, not data recorder hunts, every week as a tie in to the show. You know the ones they promised us in the livestreams before the Beta.
Maybe we wouldn't have the game lead's misinformation about basic game design tenants in order to justify what this company has come to pass off as DLC. BTW Trion the 'C' is for content,

Yet I got banned from the forums for a day for asking how devs can make so many mistakes without being fired. Hmmm. I guess the Forum gods just don't like me as much as they like you. LOL.

TheOz
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Yet I got banned from the forums for a day for asking how devs can make so many mistakes without being fired. Hmmm. I guess the Forum gods just don't like me as much as they like you. LOL.

Maybe they just don't like Chris Gaines. JK

I don't know what you said to get banned, I always TRY to be respectful to everyone here, I know everyone that works on Defiance tries AND cares about Defiance. I just don't think enough of them are left to support the game the way EVERYONE wish they could.

r2nddan
05-10-2014, 07:54 PM
2 layoffs

Really, that is it.
Maybe.

Remeber jfk, mlk, ab lincoln? They too spoke the truth. Be careful my friend. Be very careful.

serialkilla87
05-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I have the easiest way to fix this ..... Threat level 10 makes any hulker infected . That would mean any wandering hulker at level 10 infected . San Quinton infected . Explosion101 infected .
Thank you for trying but this is simply not the case. The only hulkers (threat level 10) that count are the ones at kenn farm. Whether it is the incursion or the siege. Only way to get it is with a dominant group, but if you ask me still makes it impossible since the newer players take out everything but hulkers skipping it to the next stage without a single hulker dying. Trion fix ur game please. You dont need anymore bug reports. Its those darn nades!

WhiteF8ng
05-10-2014, 09:46 PM
While this thread is about the Hulkers it really points out a problem with the scaling to the rest of the open world. The players have scaled. The enemies have scaled. Everything else has not. Not the non-enemy NPCs. Not the animate objects (see: turrets). Not the inanimate objects (see: explosive barrels). Not co-op boss HP. And last but definitely not least, the enemy point threshold within events. They are sporadic at best.

The Kenn Farm Siege isn't the only place you can see this problem. After 5500 EGO you "unlock" the double spawn enemy perk (it's not a real perk) Threat Level 6. Some examples:

So you go and do another conflict site. Let's say: Union Depot (Depot Recovery). At the end there will now spawn 2 Scourges. Only one needs to be killed and the conflict site ends.

At the Downtown conflict site (No Finer Place), in the second phase the fakes of Lt. Mazu should spawn 3 times before the real one shows. At TL6 however 2 fakes appear each time and after the first 2 sets are killed, the conflict site ends.

The problem with Afflicted Sieges is the exact same thing that was wrong when they returned. It really, really shouldn't be that hard to understand. It's gotta be especially draining when the one time it gets addressed on the live stream they think it's a difficulty scaling issue...

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-11-2014, 06:43 AM
While this thread is about the Hulkers it really points out a problem with the scaling to the rest of the open world. The players have scaled. The enemies have scaled. Everything else has not. Not the non-enemy NPCs. Not the animate objects (see: turrets). Not the inanimate objects (see: explosive barrels). Not co-op boss HP. And last but definitely not least, the enemy point threshold within events. They are sporadic at best.

The Kenn Farm Siege isn't the only place you can see this problem. After 5500 EGO you "unlock" the double spawn enemy perk (it's not a real perk) Threat Level 6. Some examples:

So you go and do another conflict site. Let's say: Union Depot (Depot Recovery). At the end there will now spawn 2 Scourges. Only one needs to be killed and the conflict site ends.

At the Downtown conflict site (No Finer Place), in the second phase the fakes of Lt. Mazu should spawn 3 times before the real one shows. At TL6 however 2 fakes appear each time and after the first 2 sets are killed, the conflict site ends.

The problem with Afflicted Sieges is the exact same thing that was wrong when they returned. It really, really shouldn't be that hard to understand. It's gotta be especially draining when the one time it gets addressed on the live stream they think it's a difficulty scaling issue...

your on to something there fang. although this post focused on hulkers, the title itself implies something much larger. first would be the links i added. there is an apparent problem that many people have a concern with, and yet for days there was no response/reply from anyone at trion (even now, its been asked about but who knows if we will see an answer). beyond that, there are the 2x health duplicate enemies in story missions, hotshots, and rampages were you can find pre-placed "special weapons" that recieved no buff and npcs that require protection but die with one shot. a gigantic blanket patch was thrown over this game to increase difficulty and make it more challenging. instead, it just became longer, more grindy, more frustrating, and over the top broken. the holes in the blanket were apparent from day one of the patch, and the hulkers are a glaring example of that. but the holes are not being patched. things are being fixed that dont matter, while important issues are not even recognized.

ateballing
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
i have no problem being the tester. realistically, they cannot find issues with a handful of people on a test server that hundreds of us on 3 platforms can find quickly. the problem i have is posted above. bug reports have been sent in, threads have been created, people even take the time to post pictures and videos. then there is no response from the people we are testing for.

look at the priority list:

dark matter disguise was a conflict site for a weekly contract. that is the first time in months i have seen the mission pop up in a contract, there is no telling when it will return as a conflict sight, and the sniper cloak fix may or may not have even been the problem... and the fix was given to us days after the mission was no longer part of a contract.

the hulker problem has been happening dozens of times a day on every platform for weeks, but has yet to even be recognized as a problem by the development team (at least anywhere that i could find).

yes, they both needed fixed. but the choice was made to (maybe) fix the (imo) least important one.

Excellent point. The hunker problem and the vehicles constantly despawning while driving.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-12-2014, 10:18 AM

have we gotten an answer yet?

Deunan
05-12-2014, 10:27 AM
really im starting to wonder with the amount of bugs in this game what is the actual TEST SERVER being used for?Putting aside the fact that they give us very little time to test the content on the test server, the player population on the test server is so sparse that it can never pick up issues that can happen with large groups of players. The same goes for the QA server. On the QA server they can increase the server load to simulate the presence of lots of players in that regard but it's not the same as having lots of players engaging content. An example is the Hulker issue. Three of us managed to kill one of the Hulkers on the test server but that's because we were literally the only ones contributing to the wave progression bar and were only focusing on the Hulkers once they spawned.

It's ironic that they call the test server the Alpha Test Server. If that's the alpha then guess which servers are the beta? :)

Yes, we are undeniably the beta test servers. What's annoying is that the devs didn't listen to our feedback about what we could discern about dynamic scaling even with our low numbers as if they were hoping that these things would magically not happen when they implemented it on the live servers.

Quebra Regra
05-12-2014, 12:25 PM
2 layoffs

Really, that is it.
Maybe.

Sadly, I think you're not far off the mark with any of this.

I vacillate between having sympathy for the gutted TRION Defiance team, and just being angry over how poorly what they are able to accomplish is handled. There was no need for the debacle that was the recent swallow the spider to catch the fly patching.

I still love the game, but it could be sooo much better.

But hey, 50 arkforge? So we got dat going for us, which is nice. ;)

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 10:22 AM

still no answer huh?

ive completed about 15 kenn farm incursions since i posted this thread, with no hulker kills. i managed to get 1 at a kenn farm siege, but only because there were only 6 people there and we only made it to stage 5.

just a quick refresher:
-bulwarks spawn in their own wave at chinatown, and can be found at other world events
-monarchs spawn at the very beginning of stages at diablo, and can be killed in other world events
-vicera spawn at the very beginning of volge stages, and can be found in other world events
-hulkers can only be found at kenn farm, only spawn every 3 stages after stage 4, they only spawn after 1/2 to 3/4 of the stage bar is full, and the stages usually are over within seconds after they spawn.

if we cant get an answer to the question that was asked, can we at least get a number of days its going to be until we do get an answer to the question?

CM Kiwibird
05-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back. :o It looks like this is something that we're currently testing and the changes will be released with the Free-to-Play launch.

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back. :o It looks like this is something that we're currently testing and the changes will be released with the Free-to-Play launch.

Um, that's a LONG TIME TO WAIT. I have everything checked off on Snake's Bite I & II, except for the hulkers. I have exactly ZERO hulkers killed. Unfortunately I can't stay up late enough to work on them at low population Kenn Farm.

BJWyler
05-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Um, that's a LONG TIME TO WAIT. I have everything checked off on Snake's Bite I & II, except for the hulkers. I have exactly ZERO hulkers killed. Unfortunately I can't stay up late enough to work on them at low population Kenn Farm.

Well, let's consider the fact that they are testing the fix longer than we had to test the whole of 1.5

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6381914368/h168332D0/

SethC
05-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Don't bother staying up late, it's basically the same. There's always that one group of people WHO DON'T KILL THE HULKERS. I almost had one dead the one time and BOOM, next wave.

Odessa
05-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Don't bother staying up late, it's basically the same. There's always that one group of people WHO DON'T KILL THE HULKERS. I almost had one dead the one time and BOOM, next wave.

Prior to the last patch I found the evenings to be the only place to grab them. We were able to kill two at each level. The buffing definitely made it impossible. Now there's point damage all over and the Hulkers spawn when the level is roughly three-fourths of the way done.

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:30 PM

LOL I can't anyway except on the weekends and that's not working either. Where oh where is the lonely shard when you need one?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM

wait... the changes will take effect for everyone or just for pc people in june, ps3 in july, and xbox whenever? please clarify this, because i play ps3 and july is a long wait for a simple fix

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM

So the game in it's current state just "is what it is" until then?

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:33 PM
wait... the changes will take effect for everyone or just for pc people in june, ps3 in july, and xbox whenever? please clarify this, because i play ps3 and july is a long wait for a simple fix

Yeah. Ok June is a LONG WAIT. I'd rather they try to do more hotfixes instead of this "testing" that never seems to matter anyway. We still get the borked patches.

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:33 PM
So the game in it's current state just "is what it is" until then?

Yeah I keep wondering what happened to Kiwi? I hope she didn't rage quit.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 01:40 PM

also, what are you testing? are you making hulker only stages? are you making the stage progression bar higher or spawning hulkers earlier? im happy to hear something is being tested, but if its going to take weeks to release then it must be somethign huge, and that kinda scares me with the patch track record lately

Deunan
05-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Now I'm wary of what they plan to do with regards to the Infected Hulkers. There is a very simple solution, which is to copy the coding used for the Chinatown Siege so that Hulker only waves spawn occasionally. The fact that they need so much time to test whatever it is they're doing makes me wonder if, once again, they are doing something unnecessarily complex and convoluted to "fix" the Infected Hulker issue.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Now I'm wary of what they plan to do with regards to the Infected Hulkers. There is a very simple solution, which is to copy the coding used for the Chinatown Siege so that Hulker only waves spawn occasionally. The fact that they need so much time to test whatever it is they're doing makes me wonder if, once again, they are doing something unnecessarily complex and convoluted to "fix" the Infected Hulker issue.

i wonder the same thing. i would think that the stage progression bar has a set cap value that triggers the end of the stage. i would also think that by changing that value, each stage would last longer. im not a programmer, but it seems like a relatively simple fix either way.

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah. Ok June is a LONG WAIT. I'd rather they try to do more hotfixes instead of this "testing" that never seems to matter anyway. We still get the borked patches.

June huh?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/so-sad_zps93aa6f89.gif

cmpowell
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
fortunately, for me, i got my hulkers before the patch that fixed the patch that fixed the patch. At the time tho besides kenn farm I got kills from explosions 101 and soleptor excavation expert coops. Don't know if the patches changed those as counting or not tho and it is a lot of doing those 2 maps, but only suggestion I have. I still think they should revert to 1.505. there were problems, but at least i got my keycodes and arkforge

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM

It smells more like a ploy to buy time to me. "Tell them we're testing - that will shut 'em up for awhile". Meantime the team can focus on that other game they love so much.

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:52 PM
fortunately, for me, i got my hulkers before the patch that fixed the patch that fixed the patch. At the time tho besides kenn farm I got kills from explosions 101 and soleptor excavation expert coops. Don't know if the patches changed those as counting or not tho and it is a lot of doing those 2 maps, but only suggestion I have. I still think they should revert to 1.505. there were problems, but at least i got my keycodes and arkforge

Word is only the Kenn hulkers work now. And since they never die, here I am at zero. Didn't have season pass so bought the DLC. Cuz I hate my money. And as everyone should know by now, Trion can't seem to get their updates to Sony on time to be released at the same time as everyone else. Of course, they've never acknowledged or answered for that issue. Another thing that "just is".

This is how companies grief US.

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah I keep wondering what happened to Kiwi? I hope she didn't rage quit.

She is really good at her job. I don't think she would take our frustrations with the game as any reflection on Her. She prolly has Her hands pretty full.

Deunan
June huh?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/so-sad_zps93aa6f89.gif

http://media2.giphy.com/media/NTY1kHmcLsCsg/giphy.gif

SethC
Prior to the last patch I found the evenings to be the only place to grab them. We were able to kill two at each level. The buffing definitely made it impossible. Now there's point damage all over and the Hulkers spawn when the level is roughly three-fourths of the way done.
Back when it first came out we were dropping hulkers within a few seconds of them spawning. Now it's like no one cares anymore, or they just lost the will to even attempt trying. However this morning we came super close to killing one, but alas the wave progressed. I'm so tired of being trolled... :(

LOL I can't anyway except on the weekends and that's not working either. Where oh where is the lonely shard when you need one?
The weekends are definitely not a good shot, you should know why. ;) I would totally KILL for a lonely shard, at least my game would be more stable. I lag super hard at ark falls and get disconnected a lot...being all by my self.. ♥

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 01:56 PM
She is really good at her job. I don't think she would take our frustrations with the game as any reflection on Her. She prolly has Her hands pretty full.

Yes I bet she does. If she was me, RAGE QUIT (not because of us, cuz hands FULL!). Lucky for us, she is not me.

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 01:58 PM

I can see it now...
Intern runs up to ***** and says "Boss, This is how we fix the hulkers!!!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiversity/en/9/91/Poster.gif

Then he says "That'll do kid".

What is Up with this game
05-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I agree with u Trion needs to fix there game and stop putting out dlc till they fix some thing. What is going on Trion?

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:23 PM
i can see it now...
Intern runs up to ***** and says "boss, this is how we fix the hulkers!!!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiversity/en/9/91/poster.gif

then he says "that'll do kid".

I LOVE this!

*EDIT: I BROKE this. Please see bonehead's post above. Fascinating. Like a pachinko game!

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 02:25 PM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/NTY1kHmcLsCsg/giphy.gif

Awesome!!!

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 02:58 PM
i just spent 7 minutes watching one little blue dot in that gif, and realized i wished i could play that instead of defiance right now

Scapes
05-13-2014, 07:08 PM
We've posted a more thorough answer on what's being done to address this issue:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159260-Regarding-Infected-Hulkers-and-the-Snake-Bite-Pursuit

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 07:24 PM
We've posted a more thorough answer on what's being done to address this issue:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159260-Regarding-Infected-Hulkers-and-the-Snake-Bite-Pursuit

read your post, and thank you. the information and the change is much appreciated

BJWyler
05-15-2014, 05:06 AM
It smells more like a ploy to buy time to me. "Tell them we're testing - that will shut 'em up for awhile". Meantime the team can focus on that other game they love so much.

More like they have their backs against the wall in terms of deadlines for the crossover content and simply don't have the time to work on the real bug fixes and balancing issues that are still severely affecting the game until that goes out the door (and itself requires more bug fixing).

i just spent 7 minutes watching one little blue dot in that gif, and realized i wished i could play that instead of defiance right now

I know, right! I think I just lost an hour of my life looking at that thing.