PDA

View Full Version : Gun Levelling - Question

Blastiel
04-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Morning Defiancians,

I have a question regarding Weapon Levelling, referring to : http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Weapon it states that weapon types can be levelled.

However in the BETA I had 2 different pistols that both levelled independently which would go against it being just the type.

Has this been fixed / changed in the final release in anyway?

Thanks in Advance

Derity
04-03-2013, 12:42 AM
There are two types of Weapon Leveling.

Weapons individually gain Experience and your Overall Weapon Skill also gains Experience, You can check your current Level of Weapon Skills in the Stats tab on the character screen.

Blastiel
04-03-2013, 12:48 AM
There are two types of Weapon Leveling.

Weapons individually gain Experience and your Overall Weapon Skill also gains Experience, You can check your current Level of Weapon Skills in the Stats tab on the character screen.

Thank you very much.

Sakuya
04-03-2013, 12:49 AM
You level both gun and weapon type. The Gun level you find on the item, while the weapon skill level are in the stat tab. Beware, that you only can level weapon types, while you level the gun itself. So if you have maxed out a weapon you won't get additional exp for the weapon type.

Strave
04-03-2013, 01:55 AM
You level both gun and weapon type. The Gun level you find on the item, while the weapon skill level are in the stat tab. Beware, that you only can level weapon types, while you level the gun itself. So if you have maxed out a weapon you won't get additional exp for the weapon type.

Holy crap.. thank you! I was starting to wonder why I got stuck at level 4!

Dinova
04-03-2013, 02:09 AM
So that basicly force you to keep swapping to new weapons (aka fresh start on weapon-exp?) in order to get weapon-skill-exp again?

Blastiel
04-03-2013, 02:42 AM
I like the idea, keeps it fresh but all forces players to mix up loadouts etc..

Saraya
04-03-2013, 02:44 AM
I like the idea, keeps it fresh but all forces players to mix up loadouts etc..

Loadouts which you have to stop and open the menu to move between.
This just highlights another reason why loadout switching should be on a hotkey/keybind/mousebind.

ryu4000
04-03-2013, 03:04 AM
That my main grip loadout menu but goodthing for g600 i just setup L to one of my key on mouse hit it then click one of my loadout then get out takes less time but still would like loadout on the fly.

Blastiel
04-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Loadouts which you have to stop and open the menu to move between.
This just highlights another reason why loadout switching should be on a hotkey/keybind/mousebind.

To be honest I aways switch loadout before I need to rather then in the heat of battle. Would be nice to have quick button press but its no biggy.

Dinova
04-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Or if that might be unbalanced (since u then can quickswap 4 weapons), put a cooldown on it.