PDA

View Full Version : The Patching Frenzy and what remains BROKEN (NO KEYS!)

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 09:19 AM
As far as I can tell, only one thing in the series of patch notes below has actually been fixed - the spam reward screens have stopped.
As for the rest - enemies are WAY harder, not easier as the patch notes suggest. I noticed a major difference last night doing Island of Lost Soldiers on Expert - more and harder enemies. Was with a group of 5600 ego, I ws lowest with my 5400 ego. I'm ok with that but honestly, it just took longer. NOT more fulfilling.
Most of the rest of the patch notes below would require hours of study as the changes are so minor. I'm not convinced these patch notes are true at all.
And now, we are not receiving KEYCODES from Expert Co-ops, Major Arkbreaks, and Incursions. We get reward screen stating we'll get some keycodes but after it closes, none are awarded.
I can speak for PS3 only, and it's not just me but EVERYONE I talked to.
That's a lot of T2 lockboxes we're missing out on, lots of chances for extra arkforge.
So, when are you going to acknowledge and fix this one?
Trion? Too busy patting yourselves on the back regarding the below?

Patch 1.506 (hotfix) - Patch Notes
Release Date: 5/8/14 @ 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM GMT

SCALING
* Mobs in the main world outside of events will no longer scale to preposterous difficulty.
* Adjusted scaling health, shield, and damage buffs for high-tier enemies. These enemies are now more dangerous, but will scale more appropriately with increased and decreased threat levels.

GENERAL FIXES
* The kill count in the event end screen is now more accurate, as now properly counts enemies that were scored as killing blows.
* Rewards now display more reliably for all players in group instances.
* Arkbreaks now require more players to reach high threat levels.
* Implemented a server stability fix.
* Fixed the score multiplier on Rampages and Hotshots with scaled up enemies.

MOBS
* Dark matter Snipers will now periodically decloak.
* Mad Mattocks and their variants now have a 6 second recharge delay on their shields.

WEAPONS
* Fixed a bug with multi-projectile weapons not displaying damage correctly in the inventory.
* Delayed-damage detonators now still get experience if you switch weapons real fast before the damage is dealt.

Patch 1.507 (hotfix) - Patch Notes
Release Date: 5/8/14 @ 2:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM GMT

GENERAL FIXES
* Fixed the annoying Conflict Site end-screen popup for players who did not participate in that event.

Patch 1.508 (hotfix) - Patch Notes
Release Date: 5/8/14 @ 7:00 PM PDT / 5/9/14 2:00 AM GMT

SCALING
* The vicious monsters of the New Frontier have now lost their wildly changing murder-potential. Enemies outside of events no longer scale at seemingly random intervals.

GENERAL FIXES
* Fixed a case where some players logging out during the Warmaster instance could prevent score-based rewards (arkforge, keys, scrip) from being distributed.
* Players who do not participate in a specific event should no longer see an annoying Conflict Site end-screen popup for it.

Taz13
05-11-2014, 09:50 AM
I can tell you that key's are awarding properly on xbox360 N/A servers .

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Interesting, you sure? Friday night and last night on PS3 NA, the only events that I know of that were giving out keycodes were old-fashioned Arkfalls (not to be confused with Arkbreaks/Warmaster). If what you say is true this thread needs to move to PS3 bugs line.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-11-2014, 09:55 AM
im on ps3, and ive run multiple incursions and 2 expert co-ops, and i have gotten keys, arkforge, and rewards for every one of them

rebtattoo
05-11-2014, 09:59 AM
im on ps3, and ive run multiple incursions and 2 expert co-ops, and i have gotten keys, arkforge, and rewards for every one of themAs have I...

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
No keys crazy strength enemies and u crit out at least once an hour on a good phase!!!

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Seriously? NO ONE IN MY CLAN OR FRIENDS was getting keys since Friday, thru last night for any of those things. I'll go try again shortly. If I do get keys I'll have this thread taken down.

We did get arkforge, cores, and our green guns, etc. but no keys.

Maybe The Company has just marked me for punishment...

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 10:10 AM
As have I...

Are you SURE you're getting the keys? We got our other rewards, just keys were not awarded.

Overtkill21
05-11-2014, 10:11 AM
im on ps3, and ive run multiple incursions and 2 expert co-ops, and i have gotten keys, arkforge, and rewards for every one of them

Not me - Expert CoOp x2 - No Rewards other than rep and core. I was 1st in both - with over 150K each time.
Warmaster only once - I was 5th and zip.

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Not me - Expert CoOp x2 - No Rewards other than rep and core. I was 1st in both - with over 150K each time.
Warmaster only once - I was 5th and zip.

Thank you, same here I was beginning to think I was going CRAZY!
Last night:
1st place in Kenn Farm incursion, no keys.
2nd place in WM that we actually beat - no keys.

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Also, it's possible that Volge incursions are awarding keys. I won't do them until they become fun again...right now they are all sorts of annoying adjectives. But not fun.

BJWyler
05-11-2014, 10:19 AM

Same here - PC NA. I have been getting keys as usual. Not really keeping track of the number of them, but I have gotten them from every event through this morning.

However, there are still a lot of balancing issues that need to be taken care of ... quickly.

rebtattoo
05-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm positive I have been receiving them. I know a lot of ppl in game aren't though. Which is why I kept close track of it.

What I noticed more than anything the last few nights is the amount of discos and hard freezes. 4-5 an hour, easily.

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm positive I have been receiving them. I know a lot of ppl in game aren't though. Which is why I kept close track of it.

What I noticed more than anything the last few nights is the amount of discos and hard freezes. 4-5 an hour, easily.

Yeah I noticed my 2 hard freezes within a half hour...major problems remain on all fronts.

I'm gonna post a video of my not getting keys at Kenn Farm after I go film it. Then I'm gonna PM Kiwi. If this affects only some of us and not all of us then I have little hope of it getting fixed.

nikra
05-11-2014, 11:10 AM
I called down 2 warmasters over the weekend and only got ****ty weapons, no other rewards so ive stopped doing them, haven't taken notice of incursions and expert coop maps, i get the rep and thats all i care about atm. On Xbox EU.

Olaf
05-11-2014, 11:18 AM
seems its erratic, some people it gives keys some it doesnt... thats not the only problem with the last patch, bmg's are now severely OP for lower ego players when their ego is buff'd in PVP. disconnects/lag is stronger than ever. shadow war you have to restart your console after every shadow war to play otherwise you have invisible enemies/teammates... so much stuff, just no recognition is being made for any of it.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
05-11-2014, 12:04 PM
STILL not receiving WM credit so I jus BOYCOTTED TILL ITS FIXED AND EVERYONE KEEPS CRITTING ALL MOTHER'S DAY MORNING THANKS TRION!!

Deunan
05-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I ran the expert co-op map just for the Caeruleum Cores last night with no expectation of receiving Key Codes or Arkforge but I did. I am 100% sure of this because I entered the map with 0 keys and exited with the 9 that showed up on the end of event reward screen and the arkforge count in my inventory was also increased accordingly.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-11-2014, 12:22 PM
im not sure why, but im not having any of the crit out problems others are experiencing either. i was on from 6 this morning until about 45 minutes ago, and only logged out two times for about 20 minutes each time to take my dogs outside. ive done arkfalls, a few incursions, and 2 sieges and havent had any dc's or missing rewards to speak of.

mr8liner
05-11-2014, 01:28 PM
I have been having the same problems. Mostly with the warmaster though. The two times that I waited ( 30 + minutes) at the end i recieved no keycodes or arkforge. I went in with 0 keys and looked at my AF before it started. when I got out I still had o keys and the same amount of AF.

I did have this happen to me the other day on the expert motherload. I did a live chat, but you all know how that goes....... send in a bug report. A report that will never be looked at.

I know it is happening to more people then just me, but there seems to be no pattern to it. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

Why I'm here and incase someone from "THE COMPANY" sees this, why are we getting green guns as rewards for beating the warmaster and at the end of doing Dark Matter???? If i want green guns I can do anything in this game for them and not waste 30+ minute to get them. Rewards should be blue or better and beating the warmaster should give purple or better. You, know to make it worth wild.

PimplyPete
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
I have been having the same problems. Mostly with the warmaster though. The two times that I waited ( 30 + minutes) at the end i recieved no keycodes or arkforge. I went in with 0 keys and looked at my AF before it started. when I got out I still had o keys and the same amount of AF.

I second this. Started a Major Ark-Break with 0 Keys, result screen pops up saying I got 30+ keys, loads back into the game....still 0 keys. I didn't check my Arkforge, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not awarding either. [360 NA]

#WorkingAsIntended

Riz
05-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Why all the complaints about not getting keys? We got 50 Arkforge as compensation! Stop whining already! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, must've missed at least 250 Arkforge for the keys i did not get from thursday to now to open lockboxes. That 'compensation' is a little low Trion. Little being an understatement here in case you failed to see.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
05-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Why all the complaints about not getting keys? We got 50 Arkforge as compensation! Stop whining already! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, must've missed at least 250 Arkforge for the keys i did not get from thursday to now to open lockboxes. That 'compensation' is a little low Trion. Little being an understatement here in case you failed to see. my point exactly!! And multiple WM I didn't even ticket...they sent 2 tickets back saying it is now fixed????

Riz
05-11-2014, 01:56 PM
my point exactly!! And multiple WM I didn't even ticket...they sent 2 tickets back saying it is now fixed????
Mwah.. They obviously dont play their own game. And why should they? It's broke lol.

Feeling really bad for Kiwi. Just before the weekend she got to tell us that she was 'excited' to bring good news about compensation. Man, she really must feel like she's being sent out by the dev-team to a party with an empty box as a present. And that while she's doing a pretty decent job here, if the dev's could only match half her work we would be playing the game of the year, and next year.

Market
05-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Since the reports of this have been coming in, I've been tracking mine as well. I'm getting rewards as intended on the PC NA. I'll still keep track of it though, my sympathies go out to all that haven't had this same experience. Also, with the DC's and freezing. It's apparent that the server stability for the PS3 still isn't what they believe it to be for far too many of you.

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 02:21 PM
im not sure why, but im not having any of the crit out problems others are experiencing either. i was on from 6 this morning until about 45 minutes ago, and only logged out two times for about 20 minutes each time to take my dogs outside. ive done arkfalls, a few incursions, and 2 sieges and havent had any dc's or missing rewards to speak of.

Because you are lucky!

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 02:25 PM
So FINALLY, today after over 3 hours finally was able to do Kenn Farm incursion (did a Diablo incursion about 2 hours in but hard freeze with 2 minutes left). And this time, I DID GET MY KEYS. I don't know how it's fixed. I have to wonder if just one shard was messed up? It makes no sense otherwise that I can think of. If it was a player bug, I would think I wouldn't get keys at any events. And if it was an entire bugged event, no one would get keys. Since it's been just some, and is not just PS3 issue, I don't understand why it was happening to me, and now isn't, but it is still happening to others. There must be something in common to cause it, and I don't have it now. So what's different?

dramaQkarri
05-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Since the reports of this have been coming in, I've been tracking mine as well. I'm getting rewards as intended on the PC NA. I'll still keep track of it though, my sympathies go out to all that haven't had this same experience. Also, with the DC's and freezing. It's apparent that the server stability for the PS3 still isn't what they believe it to be for far too many of you.

Yeah...and yet they keep saying it's fixed when it is not and never has been. It gets better and worse but never quite falls into the realm of acceptable.

ateballing
05-11-2014, 02:44 PM

It's not giving me the rewards on Xbox 360. At least not the Warmaster. It displays the rewards but only receive the crappy weapons. They now say it is fixed but I have yet to receive them at a wm. They break ten times more than they fix with every patch. How do these debs get their jobs. Must be related to the boss.

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Mwah.. They obviously dont play their own game. And why should they? It's broke lol.

Feeling really bad for Kiwi. Just before the weekend she got to tell us that she was 'excited' to bring good news about compensation. Man, she really must feel like she's being sent out by the dev-team to a party with an empty box as a present. And that while she's doing a pretty decent job here, if the dev's could only match half her work we would be playing the game of the year, and next year.

This is how I think Kiwi must feel sometimes.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy21_zps6744bfe5.gif

Bonehead
05-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah...and yet they keep saying it's fixed when it is not and never has been. It gets better and worse but never quite falls into the realm of acceptable.

Since April 2nd 2013.
The funny part is, I still love the game.

Mushbeeguy
05-11-2014, 05:18 PM
It's good thing Kiwi is one rare bird!

txusguy328
05-11-2014, 05:44 PM
I totally i agree i am only ego 4238 but this is insane i wont do major arkfalls, and 7th legion quests ........a total waste of hours upon hours of time for crappy vendor purchases!!!

dramaQkarri
05-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Still no keycodes awarded for expert co-op's and Warmaster.

Rolery
05-12-2014, 09:14 AM
I did two Warmasters yesterday. Zero keycodes were received for them. PS3 NA.

BTW - the leaderboards are still useless. The score you see for a player and what they see on their screen can vary by more than 100,000 points!

dramaQkarri
05-12-2014, 09:25 AM
I would like to know The Company's official definition of "fixed". So many things they say they fixed are not what most people would call fixed.

I had my cat fixed. He didn't like it.

Quebra Regra
05-12-2014, 09:39 AM
No keys crazy strength enemies and u crit out at least once an hour on a good phase!!!

CONFIRMED!!!! All is not right with the universe as TRION might suggest now.

Greatly increased disconnects, and not all instances awarding keys, etc.

Nope, it's brok'd on XBOX NA. But hey, that 50 arkforge will really make up for the loss. NO.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
05-12-2014, 02:41 PM
I have never CRITTED more in my life than I have this weekend and with FIOS QUANTUM?? ITs BS...I got on today and hit a few dailies CRITTED OUT LIKE 3 TIMES in less than 25 mins?? WTF TRION WHERE IS THE NEW FIX???? THIS 1.508 BLOWS!!!!

Bonehead
05-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Come on 1.509!

http://www.kiddokingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/kiddo-kingdom-fingers-crossed-pray-we-open-this-weekend.jpg

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
05-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Come on 1.509!

http://www.kiddokingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/kiddo-kingdom-fingers-crossed-pray-we-open-this-weekend.jpg I hear ya!! I been praying all day for it!!

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Looks like we might have to wait 'till June though.

maverick07
05-13-2014, 03:51 PM
I still get my keys and all my AF from expert co-ops must of the time. But it has happened once or twice to me in them but I still got my ten AF for completion when it did.

Warmaster has yet to give me keys or AF properly though. I've also noticed the score display problem in expert co-ops, last night in Soleptor it said I got 100k, but on my friend's screen I had 95k.