PDA

View Full Version : Worse PVP I've ever seen in my entire 15 years of gaming.

Senior Rita
04-03-2013, 12:44 AM
only way to be good is spam cloak and blast with a shotgun from upfront with 3 hits or sit in the back like a wimp carrying a sniper.

no other guns are good in PVP. infectors? useless as **** because bugs don't even come out to attack. Rocketlaunchers? by the time you lock on or fire you're dead. Grenade launchers? you just end up killing yourself or end up helping the enemy kill you from exlosion damage. Everything about PVP in Defiance is absolute trash.

The games by themself only last like 2 minutes, which is not even worth the time you spend trying to que up for a match. They need to make the winning score much much higher than it is, because the rounds end way too fast.

TL;DR version - Defiance should of beta-tested pvp better.

Freyar
04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
I see people do just fine with a variety of weapons.

Eralrik
04-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Infectors actually come in 2 varieties ones that infect with bugs and the ones that just infect without bugs. I've had a couple in my inventory and it'll say in it's description.

PvP feels more like an after thought joke as it isn't very fun unless you cloak and shotgun then these people are having a lot of fun as with the snipers.

MostlyPanda
04-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Cloak shouldn't be allowed at all in PvP...

Amonkira
04-03-2013, 01:09 AM

So shouldnt bunnyjumping+grenadelaunching.

Uncle Coord
04-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Hahaha, wow, no offense dude but really?

Okay, I admit that most people aren't very good in pvp, however either myself or one of my clan mates come top of the scoreboards every single game we play.

My personal weapons of choice are an assault rifle and an infector, they are MASSIVELY powerful in pvp, empty a clip into a guy then simply roll into cover and wait for him to die...

Grenade launchers are already on the slab for nerfing, personally I avoid using them as they simply aren't a fun way to play as they are simply so powerful, the fact you think they are trash kind of makes your entire post redundant...

TL;DR OP got his *** handed to him and came to forums to cry.

Pizza
04-03-2013, 01:29 AM
It does feel very weak. I can forgive the lackluster PvP if the PvE aspect was great, but it isn't because there's no character progression. Thus, we conclude Defiance is mostly a TPS with minor mmorpg aspects.

But if I really wanted a TPS to play, I would just go play Gears of War. Everything Defiance does is just so average and nobody leaves happy.

Senior Rita
04-03-2013, 02:20 AM
the PVP is more of an annoying task rather than having fun.

I don't care if you think you're hot**** or trying to prove a point by saying your good with all weapons.. you're stupid as **** and blind if you think cloak is not unbalanced.

btw, where the fk is everyone getting these shields with like 5000 points, because I'm shooting people straight in the face with a GL over and over and can never take them out, yet they kill me with 2-3 shots with a cheap shotgun or assult rifle.

mimneotic
04-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Rita? The Infector user I repeatedly killed with an Infector myself?

Infectors are AMAZING and the PvP is AWESOME.

*ps, Blur > Cloak by such a huge margin.

Burgfritz
04-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Rita pvp is fine every weapon got its own benefits but if u got a lack of skill...........

Lenko
04-03-2013, 02:53 AM
There's PVP?

mimneotic
04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
There's PVP?

Press left CTRL, go to Matchmaking, choose Competitive, choose either of the maps or Quick Match, ????, there you go.

Mike JezZ
04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
I normally play PvP most in MMO's

Tried a PvP map. had my fun.

Its a third person shooter. Fun.

Nucleotides
04-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Worst*

fixed.

karmakill
04-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I for one like the pvp but rly the round lasting 4 minutes is stupid, only the objective one lasts longer and thats cool but it just 1 map, cant play one map forever, my ideea is that once a game ends, a new one starts, and in between loading the games players can swap their sets, check out the score board etc, then 20 sec later a new round starts...this is standard in any shooter...not to mention since there is a queue that lasts longer then the game...hope we see a change soon, or at least save my quest progress when i enter the pvp, i cant do anything in the queue cause of it, so its basicly wait 5 mins, play 4...

Antherage
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
They have announced plans to change the match total limit and thus extending the game sessions to be longer. The games lasting a few minutes is silly, but they are going to fix it.

The worst PvP in 15 years, really? I think that might be a bit overkill. The game has some issues with certain guns/combos being more viable than others for -now-. The thing is everyone is somewhat new and trying everything out. There are different varieties of weapons and combinations. It'll even out eventually!

KodiakX
04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the worst in 15 years but I would go as far as to say it's pretty terrible all around.

The TTK with the high weapon damage is absurd.

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Take a person in the most recent season gear of PvP in WoW, face them against PvP crafted item people... Guess who wins? Same ****ing mechanics. Better items, better survivability, better killability. WELCOME TO AN MMO.

Darkeus
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
This another one of those threads I see on the launch of EVERY MMO-type game. PvP sucks, PvE sucks, Not enough quest, too many quest, etc, etc....

And in the end the only real complaints are server issues, the less than desirable chat windows, and arkfalls do need some more rewards. All of these other threads are just par for the course for the launch of an online game.

alilsneaky
04-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I do great with assault rifles and grenade launchers. (wrecking people)

Every weapon has a range it's best suited for and you have to have good aim to use some of them.

If you think this game is bad you should play firefall or any of the f2p online shooters,or call of duty ,or any of the console shooters.

scruffyhobbit
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM

guns are op.

Mcdragon
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
only way to be good is spam cloak and blast with a shotgun from upfront with 3 hits or sit in the back like a wimp carrying a sniper.

no other guns are good in PVP. infectors? useless as **** because bugs don't even come out to attack. Rocketlaunchers? by the time you lock on or fire you're dead. Grenade launchers? you just end up killing yourself or end up helping the enemy kill you from exlosion damage. Everything about PVP in Defiance is absolute trash.

The games by themself only last like 2 minutes, which is not even worth the time you spend trying to que up for a match. They need to make the winning score much much higher than it is, because the rounds end way too fast.

sounds like a bad player to me. i do just fine with AR's usually got 5 kda or higher. just because your terrible at pvp dont go blaming the system. you can easily see invis players.

greatdividers
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
this thread is pure gold. bunch of MMO whiners who can't hack it in shooter pvp.

time to kill? it's a f***ing shooter. yeah, you die fast.
certain weapon op? then use one.
can't kill people? learn to headshot/get reflexes.
can't hit people jumping/dodging? learn to aim.

coming from a FPS background: the pvp is great!

Oster
04-03-2013, 10:01 AM
No offensive OP but maybe you need to take a little more time to get used to the game. I consistently come in the top 5 using an AR and rocket launcher so I guess you just don't understand what to do to counter cloak and snipers.

JohnMcClane
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Worried about cloak?
Get decoy sensor sweep ,no more cloak safe :)

Everything and everyone has a weakness ...

Hummy
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM

Just sounds like you're terrible with the weapons mentioned. Personally, I find the people running around with cloak and the most powerful shotgun they can get as an easy win tactic, it's pretty lame. I run around with my pump action and blurr and am 99% of the time at the top of the team. I have lost to good players with infectors and launchers alike so...

Soapi
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
So shouldnt bunnyjumping+grenadelaunching.

Learn2aim fool. bunnyhopping has been around since forever. you would think people would have learned to aim by now.

greatdividers
04-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Learn2aim fool. bunnyhopping has been around since forever. you would think people would have learned to aim by now.

i bet you 95% of the people complaining about pvp, jumping/rolling, weapon and skill combos, etc. are call coming from a MMORPG and not a shooter background

Roflmaowtf
04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I thought it was going to be terrible but was pleasantly surprised, having a lot of fun with it trying new weapon combos and stuff. You're probably just bad like the guy who was saying that Roll should have a cooldown.

Bluntski
04-03-2013, 11:06 AM

Yes. Way to promote health PvP.

These forums are just like any other. E-peens and calling people bad just because you are "pro".

Tsuka
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM
you can easily see invis players.

You can see them after start up?

Bobbyieboy
04-03-2013, 11:29 AM
this thread is pure gold. bunch of MMO whiners who can't hack it in shooter pvp.

time to kill? it's a f***ing shooter. yeah, you die fast.
can't kill people? learn to headshot/get reflexes.
can't hit people jumping/dodging? learn to aim.

coming from a FPS background: the pvp is great!

Not sure if i agree 100% with how this was said but yeah this is pretty much dead on. OP has to LTP, it's just that simple.

Keep in mind pvp is not for everyone and if your comming from a mmorpg style of play this is going to be a lot harder for you to adjust as it is a lot faster paced and you die a lot faster.

Tsuka
04-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Yes. Way to promote health PvP.

These forums are just like any other. E-peens and calling people bad just because you are "pro".

This is why I want the other forum to stay open . pvp -IS- pretty **** right now if you have any idea what your doing but I been told that's there's a patch coming up so we just wait on that.

Amonkira
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Who have said anything about me not being able to aim/hit them? Noone, fool. So how about you take that little brain of yours and go play hello kitty?

Amonkira
04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
i bet you 95% of the people complaining about pvp, jumping/rolling, weapon and skill combos, etc. are call coming from a MMORPG and not a shooter background

Sorry to bust your luck mate... I come from various backgrounds, INCL. FPS..take a look at my bf3 profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/StretfordEnd1/stats/272930889/

So I guess Im part of those remaining 5%..

JLee
04-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Other than all the damn bazooka *****es being overpowered, PvP is fantastic and quick paced! I love it. Have no problem with invis as they lose it when they shoot, and dont get to go invis immediately when they pop it.. can easily be countered by spraying some bullets.

As for bunny hopping... roll the **** under them or learn how to aim! The jumping isn't even very fast and in my book, makes you a free head shot when im sniping.

Anyone SO bothered by PVP in this game that they would bother to come to the forum and complain in a whiny fashion, is getting their **** pushed in and simply needs to learn how to play.

fsol
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Soapi srry to say but as i recall in bf2 and bf2142 you had servers where you got kicked for bunnyhopping/dolphin diving.

For a very simpel reason its not quake/unreal ect etc +its quite idiotic. O before you start yes i can kill hoppers ty.
If ppl want to bunny then go play a bunnygame fcol,its not difficult.

When playing Firefall pvp i accept the bouncers , why ...cause its intended like that.

Now for a total not smart remark, go out and jump around with a backpack +/- 40-50 kg and while doing so
shoot around perfectly aiming with a shotgun.
Have fun.

Sigh as said before i have no issues with a lot off the issues on these forums as they are mmo launch in nature.

The problem i do have is the l2p mentality when it comes down to a point where ppl cant react with logic but feel the need to resort
to such belitteling talk.

Burgfritz in reaction to Rita you are talking about no skill essentially.

I had the fortune to meet such players aswell,you shoot from 2 feet and nothing happens a full clip later they turn and 1 hit me.Then i see the shield they have isnt even down 25%.

Its not about skill in that moment its called lag, so pls refrain from talking bs.
Go into the closet and marvel at your e-peen as you indirectly seem to have rather large one.

Ashnon
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
You know who is bad at pvp. ME. I haven't played a shooter for a while and definitely need to L2P again. That said I find the matches a blast, even when getting fed death after death. I have killed dudes with infectors, sniper rifle, AR, SMG, they all work if used in the right situation. If I can have fun with my death/kill ratio it makes me feel other people feel entitled to be #1 and anything else means the game is broken.

RedSparrows
04-03-2013, 02:15 PM
I am enjoying PvP. It's not going to blow any dedicated PvP game away, but it's fun enough at this initial moment. Let's see what tweaks bring.

You must remember that people haven't had the chance to set up full on PvP outfits/specs. It's all early days, for us and for Trion.

But yeah, whine away, cross your e-peens, ruin the official forums.

Jitterbug
04-03-2013, 03:27 PM
guns are op.

Outfits... also OP.

goldtupac
04-03-2013, 03:41 PM

I dont know, I hate people that use camo + shotty, and then they just jump up and down.

I come from a background of playing fps, tps since Halo 2, but by no means am I bad at this game. I do acknowledge they need to fix some pvp things.

ANTI
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
The irony of the OP is he cries about Cloak, then claims Infectors are useless. DoT Infectors are the direct counter to Cloak as is anything that applies a DoT (such as fire). Any application of damage will bring a person out of cloak and a DoT gives you the longest application of a single hit possible.

berusko
04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't say "the worse pvp i have ever seen" The PvP is really really fun, cloak is removing it all, everyone is using cloak cuz it's OP. I'm using blur cuz I personally enjoy alot more, but i can't do ****, i die for cloaked ppl every single time. There's a perk on Close to the decoy tree that reveals all cloaked in 30m (at Lv 3) But that doesn't solve the problem.

I think cloak should be reworked. Like: After shooting once, cloak is gone. I see people killing 3 and 4 targets in a single Cloak CD. It should also be easier to detect, way way easier. Just compare the other 3 perks vs Cloak (In PvP) and i don't even have to argument anymore xD

Gradius
04-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I've almost exclusively played pvp since the game launched and in my opinion it's one of the best aspects of the game. I've been playing this game for months now and I've seen every argument under the sun as to why X,Y,Z weapon is better than others. There is a counter for everything. This game is very much skill-based as well.

I exclusively use infectors in PvP (both of my weapons are infectors) and If you've seen me in a match, I rarely have less than a 3-4:1 KDR. I am truly not attempting to "show off," just attempting to illustrate the value of weapons that aren't used as often.

To be honest, the cloak+shotgun users I go up against may get the first shot off on me, but when I turn around and unload a full clip of my infector, at least I know that after I'm dead my DoT will kill them too.

The more you play, the more you will learn how to counter your opponents and their weapon/ego combos.

Granberia
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't see how anyone can be okay with cloak. Not only does it make you completely invisible and allow you to attack immediately from stealth, but the only direct counter to it is a 30 meter sensor sweep that is tied to a cooldown and is really only useful when you're already aware of a stealth person's presence.

Cloak makes the skill floor for shotguns so low that it might as well be underground.

To be honest, the cloak+shotgun users I go up against may get the first shot off on me, but when I turn around and unload a full clip of my infector, at least I know that after I'm dead my DoT will kill them too.

The more you play, the more you will learn how to counter your opponents and their weapon/ego combos.

If someone gets the drop on you from cloak with a shotgun and you somehow manage to live long enough enough to get a 3 stack of infection on them, then you either got incredibly lucky or the shotgunner in question is pretty much a mouth breathing ******. Given how the cloak shotgun build is right now, I would assume the latter.

Gradius
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
If someone gets the drop on you from cloak with a shotgun and you somehow manage to live long enough enough to get a 3 stack of infection on them, then you either got incredibly lucky or the shotgunner in question is pretty much a mouth breathing ******. Given how the cloak shotgun build is right now, I would assume the latter.

Actually I just make sure to take the defensive EGO perks. Taking over 10% less damage, taking less damage from enemies behind you, etc. help out against shotgun-cloakers drastically.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 04:38 PM
First it was detonators... now its cloak and shot gun, next it will be Infectors. After that assault rifles then rockets and nades.... The list will go on and on how everything is Op.

What could your list of played pvp games possibly consist of for this of all games to have the worst pvp?

Cynical Jester
04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Their is an official thread for this.. take your constructive criticism over there. But!! (Oops I used it at the start of a sentence.. ).. but.. I do agree with you on the length of the games.. However.. It is the best multilayer shooter experience I've had in many years....

I've been gaming more than 15 years and some people way longer than me... so your 15 years really doesn't mean jack.. Jack (I hope your name is Jack.. )...

See how this post is repetitive.. so is your whining.. now make it constructive and head on over to the official thread.. stickied at the top of this page!!

Edit: For your convenience. Jack..

Golgo28
04-03-2013, 05:15 PM

actually your very wrong.I've come in first on my team using infectors.Please don't mistake the fact you suck at the pvp misinform others.The pvp is good,you want a faster lock on with a homing rocket then put a mod in it.Or just don't get too close to your opponents when trying to lock on.Oh btw the matches last for more then 2 minutes,just because you jump in towards the end of a match is not the games fault.I get it the game doesn't make it easy for the unskilled to win like garbage games like CoD.

Foxhop
04-04-2013, 12:39 AM
This sounds like some serious operator error. I do just fine with my infector / BMG (The healy one :p) Sounds like your just pissed that you you suck. x3

Galdoblame
04-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Defiance,the worst pvp in your 15 gaming years experience?

Please,tell me how many game you played during these years? /insert that meme pic HERE

_______
On another note,i really think this pvp system is sweet. Dunnot how you think it's the worst. Cloak is counterable,some weapon is a bit strong,i might agree,but c'mon,the game officially launched ..3 days ago?

give it some time man ! :O. And improve !. this remember qq treat about archer in chivalry of lee sin/ezreal in LoL

SpinelessNJ
04-04-2013, 10:37 AM
If all you know is console then the pvp here is no supprise. If you have ever played just about any pc mmo with pvp then Defiance is going to disapoint you at every turn. Competative pvp is impossible as the game only offers a heavily limited camera angle. Being limited by the game design there is little that can be done outside of adding a reliable first person view that imo should have been released with the game.

Mental Riot
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Shotguns are stong.. but they cant compare to a good SMG and someone with Aim. SMG rips in PvP. So do Assulat rifles. About the only guns that dont do alot are infectors. Maybe you should change your playstyle/get better weapons/ego.

pdut23
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
People are dumb.

Momzlol
04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
This game is so unbalanced !

How can you snipe correctly on those maps? (+ Bunnyjumpers + moving like a jerk under acid)
Shotgun is 100% noobusers like grenadelaunchers.

How can rifle have better precision than a snipe?

Nothing seems correct in this game.

Vallee25
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I think this is one of the funnest PvP games I have played, (excluding TDM is being too short) the objective ones are the best but i would like a better map for the TDM (for an improvement) and a longer time limit. Game needs private match making for Clan vs Clan battle. Weapons seem to be very well balance, every technique people are complaining about has week spots for attacking, find otehr players and work as a team (would be my best recommendation).

I see less skilled players, playing a support role by healing people, congrats for encouraging ways to get them involved in PvP instead of having them go 2-16 in KDR. At the end of the day for all those who don't care for it, don't play, for me I'll see all you other players out on PvP mode.

Please continue to provide The Dev Team of Defiance your feedback, please be specific as possible with your suggestions/concerns. Anyone looking to PvP send me a private msg. I will be playing on both system, but my main is on PS3. looking to join a clan go to www.theirondemons.com all three platforms we have a guild for Defiance.

Wtflag
04-04-2013, 04:00 PM
OP has not played Diablo 3?

Ninjatourettes
04-04-2013, 04:09 PM
If all you know is console then the pvp here is no supprise. If you have ever played just about any pc mmo with pvp then Defiance is going to disapoint you at every turn. Competative pvp is impossible as the game only offers a heavily limited camera angle. Being limited by the game design there is little that can be done outside of adding a reliable first person view that imo should have been released with the game.

Though I disagree this game cannot have a competitive appeal, let it be noted, "Purple or Blue" from LoL is probably the most crippling camera angles competitively, I personally hated that one.. side was clipped and it was random who got it, where as Defiance is ALWAYS the same angle, allowing for compensation and better awareness overtime.

Not much of this game is "new" but its mechanics and ideas have a fresh feel. I can honestly say I'm here to see how this whole plan pans out.